very nice inexpensive wood pipes, dugouts and one hitters....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
jeffp said:
Hey Ed, this is going to be fun for all of us. Aside from the issue of cleaning the tubes, the other question is if one tube fits all - if the tubes are interchangeable with the MZ and the PD.
I'm sure someone here knows the answer to that.
I got a couple tips from Rick for testing, I would like to just continue to get tips from him, what I have seen in the pics of the PD they look similar and what you all are saying is they are interchangeable right with a very small degree of difference either way. Maybe I could get tips from the PD guys as well, I am not sure, I have never rapped with them, you all know them better than I, how receptive do you think they might be.

As I said from the start, I don't wanna step on anyone's toes, and Rick being a good guy that he is has been very helpful and more than receptive to the idea.

What do you all think?

Wow smoking a joint! I havent done that in some time. I was good at that once, was alota fun rolling doobies and having a good time. Its all who your with and whats going on and where your at. Smokin a big fatty is always fun. Down here in the south you can get on a dirt road and ride, take your time, get lost, and never hit blacktop for hours. We would fill up the cooler, get a big sacker, and ride dirt roads twisting joints in the summer only stopping to piss and grab a couple more beers!!! That was hella fun back then!

Its all about making the best of the life we have to spend here!

Ed's TnT,

wthanna

If you used the stainless steel tips, you could potentially double or triple your customer base here, with Purple-Days and Woodeez customers as well... something to think about! :o :2c: :peace:

wthanna,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Certainly you would want Tom's blessings before pursing wood PD stems, but this is an exciting idea. I think you'll know yourself how this project is fanning out as you use it with your own MZ.
Do you like the way it hits better, does it feel better, is it hotter or cooler, is it more comfortable in the hand and does it add a nice earthy flavor?

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Ed's TnT said:
Wow smoking a joint! I havent done that in some time. I was good at that once, was alota fun rolling doobies and having a good time. Its all who your with and whats going on and where your at. Smokin a big fatty is always fun. Down here in the south you can get on a dirt road and ride, take your time, get lost, and never hit blacktop for hours. We would fill up the cooler, get a big sacker, and ride dirt roads twisting joints in the summer only stopping to piss and grab a couple more beers!!! That was hella fun back then!

Its all about making the best of the life we have to spend here!
Juicy Jay raspberry papers are really nice, it's fun to revisit your joint rolling skills once in a while too....

jeffp,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello all, its been a while since I have been able to stop by to say something. I hope all is well out there in your worlds. I have been really busy, bought a new work shop, been getting it ready, just got power to it Thursday and am trying to get moved in. You don't realize what all you have until it comes time to move it. However I have been able to get a few new flavors of wood ready, Amazing California Buckeye Burl Bats, beautiful Puerto Rican Cenizo Dugouts, and also turned some of the rarest Asian Camphor Burl Bats. I should have some pics soon and available just as quick I hope. Come by and have a look sometime, and pls let me know what you think.

Ed's TnT,

collegerower

Ed,

Glad to hear things are happening! Keep us updated!

Any progress on the wooden stems for the myrtlezaps out of curiosity?

collegerower,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
collegerower, you beat me to it. :lol: Funny, I was just thinking about Ed today and wondering the same thing.

Sounds like he's been working on some beautiful stuff!

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
Ed is making good progress on the wooden stems. He made a beauty and sent it to us for testing. Works beautifully and is absolutely gorgeous. He is now waiting on me. I have a decent idea for removable tips but I want to see how they work in some glass before I start shooting a bunch out to Ed. Just a selfish thing on my part since the idea came from my feeble mind.
Ed is a younger man that works very hard alot of hours every day with a young family. A real go-getter. I, on the other hand, am an old slow guy who works at a pace I like which is slow most of the time. So we are in the process of blending our expertise for a new product. Takes a bit more time to work the kinks out.
We think the removable tip idea for glass and wood stems will be a big bonus when it comes to cleaning the stems.
Hang in there. And give Rick credit for the delays, not Ed.

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Woo hooooo. Two great minds in collaboration? Can't wait to see the result. I'm in line for one of these too. :D

momofthegoons,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I am enjoying using your simple wood grinder, it's perfect for my needs.
I've have used two different four piece technical grinders including the CC and then the mortal and pestle thing,
and ultimately less is more - I recommend people check it out.

Obviously looking forward to the wood tubes.

jeffp,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
No delays at all Rick! We know that all great things take time, and the extra time it takes to perfect these will be most appreciated by those who enjoy them.

I have a couple chunks of the best Myrtle Burl that Rick gave me so when all is up and going, would make some really nice matching tubes for Ricks great work.

Rick I appreciate you stopping by and addressing this issue, I did not know how to and am glad that you have let people in on the idea. I also appreciate the kind words you spoke about me. Its hard to make it all happen when life is as busy as it is for me, I am truly blessed with a loving family. Take your time and lets get this right!

Got a half a dozen matching Myrtle Burl Dugouts and Bats if anyone is interested? Gonna get em shot his next week hopefully.

Thanks for stopping by all and your interest in my work.

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
jeffp said:
I am enjoying using your simple wood grinder, it's perfect for my needs.
I've have used two different four piece technical grinders including the CC and then the mortal and pestle thing,
and ultimately less is more - I recommend people check it out.
I am glad that Grinder is working for you still Jeff. Your exactly right less is more and at times simple is all you need to get the job done!

As I said before Jeff, I am excited about these tubes as well!

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Ed, I was wondering if you are going to offer your MZ stems in any of the other beautiful woods you carry? Maybe as a custom order? Also, are your dugouts wide enough to accommodate a stem or just your bats, which I assume are narrower? I don't necessarily need my stem to match my Zap and I love some of the specialty woods you have.

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning mom, I do plan on offering several different flavors when all is up and going. The possibilities will only be what the lumber market is offering and those could be endless! Some woods will be more prevalent than others and some will be as rare and as unique as Mother Nature has created them.

I can assure you that I eyeball each and every piece of lumber I buy, I usually don't buy in bulk, I have to spend a little extra for the small and individual pieces but is all worth it. Some of those single pieces that I get, you will not see anything else like them in the whole world that is what will make the wood such a great piece as I know you know from your exquisite piece that Rick made for you. It is one of a kind!

Believe me I always have my eyes open for new and amazing pieces of wood everyday.

As far as my dugouts go, they are just outfitted for the average size bat dimensions and would not house a stem.

Ed's TnT,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Actually I was fortunate to "beta test" one of the wood tubes for Ed and I reported back my findings.
Aesthetically the piece is beautiful and there was nice carving on the tube, designed i think to fit the hand very comfortably.
Cocobala or cocobolo - how you people say?
I will tell you as I've told Ed that the tube hits great - the diameter of the wood is I think a little wider than the standard tubes so it hits you almost like a whip.
I used it with the PD and it worked beautifully.
The tip is brass; that may be an issue to some of you, obviously.

But here's the deal. The main issue with wood is cleaning or soaking and Ed wanted me to soak my tube in ISO to see what happened, and after a few minutes in ISO the tube started bleeding. I took it out and the beautiful color of the wood is a bit faded. It still performs as it did but there was an aesthetic loss. Definitely a concern and I'm glad I was pushed to to do the soaking.

So now there is to my understanding steps being taken to create removable tips which fully resolves the very real problem of wood and alcohol.
I think it's going to be very cool when he's done with this, as Ed, our man in nirvana, can soon offer different exotic woods because only the tip will be soaked.

For every issue there's a tissue, or in this case, a creative workaround.

There's the standard tubes, there's Clear Dome's glass tubes, and soon there will be Ed's wood tubes, which I feel has its place and is something special to look forward to.

jeffp,

beachvaper

I'm glad to see Rick and Ed are working on a wood stem. I've been complaining about the plastic for some time. I'm disappointed though to see that brass is being used for the tips. I'd have to pick my toxin, plastic or brass. Why not just use stainless steel?

Also, why not try using bamboo? Bamboo can take the soaking and it would be way easier to make. The hole is all ready there! That would make it more economical for us more struggling vapers.

I sure would love to dump this crappy plastic stem! It's the only negative in my vaping experience.

:peace:

beachvaper,

Rick

Zapman
Beachvaper
Too bad you are disappointed to see Ed use brass tips. These are the same RoHS lead free tips that have been used by us for years. People have been chugging on them since way before anyone even thought of using RoHS stainless to copy the log vape design. Your referring to brass as a "toxin"(as well as food safe nylon stem tubes) is factually incorrect. If you personally see RoHS brass and food safe nylon as toxic, that is your choice but not supported by facts.
As to why, I cannot speak for Ed but I can say that brass is easy to work with. You can do things with brass that would be very difficult or impossible to do with SS.
I will also say brass allows us to make a sweet removable tip for Eds wooden stems and our glass stems making for easy glass/wood AND tip cleaning. Cleaning the wood will be much easier with the tip removed.
I will be getting with you real soon Ed on updates relating to this subject.

Rick,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Rick said:
Beachvaper
Too bad you are disappointed to see Ed use brass tips. These are the same RoHS lead free tips that have been used by us for years. People have been chugging on them since way before anyone even thought of using RoHS stainless to copy the log vape design. Your referring to brass as a "toxin"(as well as food safe nylon stem tubes) is factually incorrect. If you personally see RoHS brass and food safe nylon as toxic, that is your choice but not supported by facts.
As to why, I cannot speak for Ed but I can say that brass is easy to work with. You can do things with brass that would be very difficult or impossible to do with SS.
I will also say brass allows us to make a sweet removable tip for Eds wooden stems and our glass stems making for easy glass/wood AND tip cleaning. Cleaning the wood will be much easier with the tip removed.
I will be getting with you real soon Ed on updates relating to this subject.
I haven't wanted to address this issue myself, but am glad you have Rick, so there you have it! And as Rick has mentioned, you can do things with brass that you cant do with SS.

On a different note, I have been able to get those Myrtlewood Dugouts shot and even got a few matching hand turned Myrtlewood Bats. Pls let me know what you think.

image25551.png

image57261.jpg

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Ed, they are just beautiful. Makes me want to combust again. Except not really, so I'm looking forward to seeing those stems for the Zap! I do, however, have a few people in my life who do still combust and there's birthdays and Christmas coming up......that myrtle is soooo pretty.

momofthegoons,

collegerower

I agree, those are looking pretty sweet! If I need combustion in the future, I will be calling on you :)

collegerower,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Part of me wants to lay the law down when guests arrive and say "vaping only!" but because I'm not rude and because I like smoking once in awhile I roll herbal jazz cigarettes for guests.
Also I find it satisfying to revisit my rolling skills - it is satisfying on a tactile level. When I'm by myself it's vaping and vaping only.

I have two of Ed's little pipes and they are beautiful and hit just right. A bat also - haven't really opened up to that yet but there will come a time when I'll get into that as well.
His wares are very reasonably priced as well so it's fun to experiment just to check his stuff out.

One of these days I'll scrape the resin from a wand and smoke it from his pipe - that should, as Don Preston said to Frank Zappa on the phone in 200 Motels, "Ought to get him a little high....or something."

2.jpg

jeffp,

collegerower

Jeff,

I was in no way saying vape only. I was simply stating that if I need to combust for whatever reason I will see what Ed can do for me. I have nothing against people who smoke. Its whatever makes you happy!

Just wanted to make sure.

collegerower,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
yeah - if i had my druthers it would in fact be "vape only" in my home but such is not the case; I don't see this as a negative. as i've introduced some of my friends to vaping, they've kind of reintroduced me back to smoking. part of me says, "this is stupid, it's wasteful, why are we doing this?" the other part of me kind of enjoys it.

jeffp,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom