very nice inexpensive wood pipes, dugouts and one hitters....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello all, I hope all is well out there and those Toke'n Tubes are working well. I am gonna have some beautiful Royal Jamaican Blue Mahoe Tubes available by the end of next week I hope. I gotta get em shot and posted. This stick of Mahoe is some of the best I have seen yet. The colors are so vibrant and rich, even has a light purple/pink hints in it as well. I do think you all will dig them for sure!

Keep an eye out for em, and will def. let you know when they go live!

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Am gonna be adding 4 new flavors of Tubes hopefully this weekend or shortly after -

Asian Camphor Burl
Hawaiian Chocolate-heart
South American Purpleheart
Royal Jamaican Blue Mahoe

I hope you will come on back and have a look!

Also been reading the post bout the tubes over on Ricks page, I dont know about posting info regaurding them there. May be a conflict of interest, just dont wanna piss anybody off. I know these are accessories to the MZ but not sure how they would feel about me posting info there on them. So if you have any questions pls ask away here.

I wanted to address this question that Reece had

reece said:
How would one reclaim the resin from those wood tubes? Clean it with the pipe cleaner then soak the pipe cleaner in alcohol?
Probably not a good idea to soak the pipe cleaners that I have added extra with the tubes as of now. I wanted to find a cleaner that would work with the large size of the insert and tip and would clean it adequately. The arts & crafts cleaners were all I could find at that time. I will look into this further and hopefully find some that are of cotton or other natural fibers that will do better.

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow, did some looking around and was able to find 100% Cotton Extra Fluffy Pipe Cleaners that could be used for cleaning and reclaiming. I will have those available next week!

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I just wanted to post and show how beautiful Ed's stems look with my Zap. This stem is the cocobolo (my favorite). They are really a nice addition to my collection of stems and I would recommend them highly. I mentioned before that I am an old pipe smoker (rather than blunts) and these stems sort of take me back to that feeling, although with vapor the hit is much cooler.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow Mom that's a great looking shot of the Coco Tube, it looks nice with the Zap you have. It does give you that feel of a Blunt doesn't it. I hadn't thought of that, but I do feel you!

Thanks for the pic MOM!

I was hoping to have had the pics of the new Tubes I have today or at least this weekend, but after a short getaway I am trying to just catch up on all that has gotten away from me and been happening while I have been gone. There's alot going on to make Ed's TnT successful, got some new Ad campaigns brewing and am trying to reach new markets, networking and such takes up so much time. I gotta Blackberry a while back to help me save time and not be on the PC so much, I hate being stuck behind this damn thing so much, I would much rather be out in the shop working wood putting pieces together.

Its beginning to get to me thumbing out all the reply's to the emails I am getting on the BB.

Ed's TnT,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Ed, I don't have a Blackberry, I have a Sanyo Incognito, which I like. I don't know what cell phone reception is like in your parts, but my deal is that I was using Sprint for about ten years and got good coverage, no issues. Anyway my bills had been getting very high so I did some inquiring and found that boostmobile in fact IS the sprint network as long as the phone you pick from them is CDMA and not IDEN (which is the nextel network). So i made the switch and now instead of getting $150 a month bills because i use the cell phone for work, i pay $50 with I don't think any surcharges for unlimited talk, text and web - which I didn't even have before. With the money I'm saving that covers my gym membership.

jeffp,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Thanks for the info on the cells Jeff, my wife has got me stuck with ATT. I don't even think Nextel works down here. We are still in the stone ages at times. Coverage down here is also spirattic at times, depending on where your going, just around the place, you can get on a dirt road for miles that doesn't have any power poles or even anyone living on it, you cant wind up in God knows where really quick!

Thats what I love about our place!

Ed's TnT,

reece

Ed's TnT said:
Wow, did some looking around and was able to find 100% Cotton Extra Fluffy Pipe Cleaners that could be used for cleaning and reclaiming. I will have those available next week!
Hey thanks a lot Ed. I'll be placing an order soonish.

reece,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good deal Reece, as I have said earlier, should have the new tubes up soon, just so much to do. I wanna have the new cleaners to go with them so gotta wait on those as well. Will be looking to hear from you.

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
All right, got em shot and loaded!

image2428.png

image1483.png

image6577.png

image6410.jpg

Also have the 100% cotton extra fluffy pipe cleaners ready to go as well.

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hope all is well out there, been kinda unusually slow round here this last week. Not sure why really, but the new week has brought new biz so am glad to see that. Had a couple orders go out yesterday and today for a couple tubes. Only had the one Purpleheart tube so gotta make more of those and hope to soon. Had a little good news and a little bad news yesterday. Was ripping some lumber, prepping for blanks and my table-saw gave up. Not really a great big deal but not something I wanted not to deal with right now, gonna slow me down a little and gonna put a dent in savings. Good news is a well known medical marijuana mag/publication I have seen around, the editor got to burn from one of my pieces and wants to do a interview/review with me. Says he had a pleasant experience with it and wants to pass on the word bout Ed's TnT.

Truly a well needed blessing!!!

I gotta say I like the Camphor Tubes the best, with their bright streaking red lines and burl eyes. Those are very nice pieces.

I wish all well and hope nothing but good times come to us all!

Ed's TnT,

stinkmeaner

Those Cocobolo tubes have some intense grain patterns. They would look good in the Blue Mahoe too.

stinkmeaner,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello Stink, I agree those would & do look good in Mahoe, I had a few that did look great, still had a slight bit of moisture and cracked at the tip. Very striking contrast between the bright blue heartwood and the white sapwood. I have a nice wide plank I have got to chop up soon.

Gotta buy a new Jet table-saw in the morning!! Nothing better than getting a brand spanking new bad boy 220v wood ripping machine! I have never owned one this nice, its gonna be alota fun seeing what all comes out of it in the future.

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow Stink that saw is the cats ass, it is precision. My good friend has an old Delta he likes.

In a perfect world I would have a bigger shop and all the right tools for every project. Thing is I just bought a new shop in March, built cabinets, work benches, storage, and already in need of another shop. Buying new shops and new tools means I am growing and growth is good!

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Had a great couple days working in the shop, got alota wood worked, put together a bunch of pieces. Got to rewire my breaker panel and get ready for the 220v I am gonna need next week. I am getting really anxious, its starting to feel alot like Christmas round here at Ed's TnT.

Also got the 2010 Wildlife Expo going on Friday afternoon! If your an avid outdoorsman/sportsman like myself, it is gonna be Christmas Friday! They have it all from camo, guns, decoys, boats, calls, hunting gear and all you will need to for slaying fresh viddles in the field!.OOOOO thats good shit!

Hope everyone that got the few tubes are enjoying them, gonna have some new flavors coming soon, so keep checking back and maybe I will have something I can put you in.

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Got a little bad news, my saw has been back ordered til the end of the month, I gotta go get a cheapy to get me by til then, I think Rick thinks its a good time for me to take advantage a little break here at Ed's TnT, I cant do it, I gotta be busy, I am not one to sit still!

I just got the most beautiful plank of Royal Jamaican Blue Mahoe ordered from my friend in the islands, its 50" x 9" x 1", has some amazing white streaks that burst through the blue/purple heartwood, even has a big knot in it as well. It will surely make some sweet pieces.

Its hella hot down here, in the shade on my patio yesterday bout 5pm it was showing 108, in Memphis on the banks of the Mighty Mississippi River it was feeling like 119, already looking forward to fall and even winter, got me thinking about killing and eaten fresh wild viddles!

Ed's TnT,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Hey Ed, your "Bomb Ass Butter" is really fantastic stuff. I love the peach scent and vape wood seems to love to drink it up; soft and easy to apply as well.

jeffp,

Rick

Zapman
You got my words mixed up Ed. I think it is great that you keep working even with breakdowns and a back order on your new saw. It is nice to see people keep going even when there is an excuse to stop working. That is the way we do it here too. We like to make excuses why we can rather than why we can't.

Rick,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Rick said:
You got my words mixed up Ed. I think it is great that you keep working even with breakdowns and a back order on your new saw. It is nice to see people keep going even when there is an excuse to stop working. That is the way we do it here too. We like to make excuses why we can rather than why we can't.
My bad for misunderstanding, I do apologize.

jeffp said:
Hey Ed, your "Bomb Ass Butter" is really fantastic stuff. I love the peach scent and vape wood seems to love to drink it up; soft and easy to apply as well.
Thanks for the post guys, its been kinda quiet round here. Kinda got a little discouraged with the saw back order, got a few big orders yesterday and last night, won some concert tickets this morning for a Saturday night show, going to buy the cheepy saw tomorrow and go to the Mississippi Wildlife Expo tomorrow afternoon, its camo, guns, decoys, hunting gear, and redneks. Christmas has come early down here!

RedneckBeerHunter.jpg

Got a few chunks of beautiful two tone Amboyna Burl, Afzelia Burl, and Buckeye Burl on the way! Should make some amazing tubes!

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Well, the MWF Expo was the shit! My boys had a great time, shot at arrows at deer and fish decoys, held an alligator, touched some snakes, and did some high flying acrobatics on the bungy jumper.

Hope to have these new tubes finished this week and maybe have em ready for sale by the next week.

Hope all is well out there!

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow, I have been really busy lately, got my saw a couple weeks early, took a couple hours to put together, its a big boy saw for sure. I love the high speed whistling sound just when the blade is spinning! When you hear it you know its gonna get the job done! Got a bad ass Freud Diablo blade on the way for it to make precise cuts and ensure smooth easy flow. Had lighting hit my house Sunday night, I have never had anything like that happen before. Lost a couple TV's, kids WII, internet router and modem, it blew the plastic display of the router across the room, and it even got my pioneer receiver and 300 CD changer. Its hard times in the shop now with no serious sounds to work with. All the greatness of the saw can not be enjoyed without smooth sounds coming from the radio!

I just spent some time reading thru a couple different threads that had a little to say about these wooden tubes I have made. I do hope that anyone that questions will please ask em. I invite all to do so and encourage it as well.

Ed's TnT,

Beezleb

:)

I love it when we get new toys. Sorry to hear about that lightning. That is a tough one. Keep on Keepin on.

Beezleb,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Ed, I showed the two tubes I got from you to a good friend of mine who also has a Zap. He has wished for one for Christmas, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in stock in the next month or so. The new wood you have coming sounds very cool.

I'm curious; which woods turn out the smoothest and polish up the best? I've noticed the Cocobolo tube I have is much smoother than the myrtle. Are some of the new woods you have coming also like that?

momofthegoons,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom