very nice inexpensive wood pipes, dugouts and one hitters....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Ed, vaping is a quantum leap forward but only if you don't buy a shit vape and there are plenty - do the research, ask questions; this is the place.
there's a degree of debate here regarding different vapes but more general consensus than otherwise.

jeffp,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow I just spent some time at the PD site to get some info on what you guys and rapping about. That guy does nice work there, his pieces are clean and sleek. That's the shit! Also like the way it functions I would like to try it. Wish you all knew a guy close by to try with. I am guy the trys before I buy. I am still intrigued by it and will most certainly be looking into it further.

I have just chopped out some beautiful Amboyna blanks and should have some ready soon. I got to get my guy to take some pics and get one on here. If you have never seen that wood, you are in for a shock. That wood is truly an amazing creation from Mother Nature. It looks almost like marble and granite with swirling bright red eyes that pop out at you. Also got some remarkable two tone Amboyna that is even rarer with the red swirls meeting a contrasting golden creamy white sap wood. Very nice stuff.

Vaporizing is an expensive tool. I am sure you have to clean it and maintain it. How much does it cost to operate regularly?

Ed's TnT,

Hanibal Lectin

the little wooden style vapes only use like 8 watts and the only thing you have to do to it is wax it and enjoy it.

Hanibal Lectin,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Glad you checked out Tom's PD work! The PD literally changed my life :) If I lived closer to you I'd pop by for a visit!!

I'd love to see some pics of the Amboyna when you get them, it sounds beautiful! I love looking at the different types of wood.

Lo,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
try before you buy is good logic - i didn't have that luxury and still don't - it is what it is.
but from here you can be an educated consumer.
yeah tom is the shit - the PD is awesome.
it can be expensive and if you're resourceful and lucky it may not be - for example, i know from reading pages here that the vapor warez is a pretty damn good vaporizer.
i found one used on ebay for $40 and it works like a charm.
also there is craigslist - once i found a vapor brothers which is also fantastic used for $70 - another very very good vaporizer.
a few weeks ago the heater started crapping out on the vapor brothers so i sent it to the manufacturer with a check for $40 and they replaced the heater and it's upgraded.

MJ lasts about 3x longer vaping than smoking so it's an investment that does pay for itself.
with the PD even longer than 3x.
i like the high better from vaping than smoking - it doesn't hit you immediately - it climbs - i find it more trippy and cerebral than smoking.

check out the silver surfer - i have one and love it. (over time i got into collecting a few as you can see.)
i don't have and never tried the "da buddha" - it's the less expensive version from the silver surfer manufacturer - but many here say it's great also.

the vapor genie is a pipe vape, it's less expensive - about $50 - but there is a real learning curve and it may not be for you right now.

** edit **

ed if you own a good heat gun you're almost there - you may already have most of what you need for a great vaporizer - if so do the research here - it's another option...

**edit **

by the way i see some fake made in china crap on ebay with keywords like "warez" and "brothers" in the item title to fool the untrained eye.
so best to - if and when you want to get a vape - let us know what you're considering before clicking buy.

jeffp,

aero18

vaporist
Ed's TnT said:
Wow I just spent some time at the PD site to get some info on what you guys and rapping about. That guy does nice work there, his pieces are clean and sleek. That's the shit! Also like the way it functions I would like to try it. Wish you all knew a guy close by to try with. I am guy the trys before I buy. I am still intrigued by it and will most certainly be looking into it further.
Don't forget Rick's work (MyrtleZap), he makes wonderful wooden vapes too!
forPhil-004.jpg

aero18,

max

Out to lunch
Ed's TnT said:
I got to say that its got to be awful hard to beat the taste from a fluffy green nugget when you put the fire to it and slowly inhale.
Vapor's an entirely different taste experience Ed. Try it. You might like it. Lot's of people give up smoke and go 100% vapor, but others do both. You'll find vapor is a cleaner high. Your first impression will probably be that something's missing. What's mostly missing are the smoke byproducts, some of which greatly contribute to the sedative effect that smokers naturally think is wholly a part of the cannabis high.

jeffp said:
the vapor genie is a pipe vape, it's less expensive - about $50 - but there is a real learning curve and it may not be for you right now.
It may also be the perfect intro to vaporizing for you. It does take some practice, since you have to control the flame time and your draw speed to get good vapor, but it can also give you some whopping big vapor hits. It's basically a pipe with a ceramic filter. The flame heats the filter, which transfers the heat to the herb in the bowl. You have to provide enough heat to produce vapor, but not so much that you burn the herb. It's a very popular entry level vape, and some use it exclusively.

Hanibal Lectin said:
the little wooden style vapes only use like 8 watts and the only thing you have to do to it is wax it and enjoy it.
Well, you do have to clean the business end/parts of any vape, in this case the vapor tube, but the provided cleaning bottle and a few cotton swabs make quick work of it.

Ed's TnT said:
How much does it cost to operate regularly?
A 12V vape like the PD is like running a couple of 4W night lights. Many people run it 24/7, due to the 30 min. warm up time. It's got a stainless steel heat exchanger-works great for enabling back to back hits with little to no temp drop, but it does take time to heat that sucker up. The big plus to the PD is ease of use. With the fixed temp, you can load a vapor tube/stem, place it in the unit, and just hit it whenever you like.

The PD novel starts here, on page one of 200+ - http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=48 Get your 'computer book mark' out, so you don't lose your place. ;)

max,

Beezleb

If you want to see some good info check out the videos in my sig. They are great informative videos on vaporizing.

Beezleb,

mnmlh

Being that you are a wood lover Ed, I would really look into a MyrtleZap for your vape and work with Rick on getting something unique. He has a new batch of now-illegal wood that sounds interesting.

mnmlh,
Ed,

I have to second mnmlh - I loooove my myrtlezap. The wood is beautiful and it works a treat. See the official MZ/AromaZap thread for more love.

Got my ceramic bat already (2 days)! It holds a lot more than the size leads you to think.
Thanks Ed!

Howie Feltersnatch,

lwien

Ed, if you do decide to get this type of vape, there are differences between the Zap and the PD and it's worth checking out those differences before making a decision. Both good vapes though.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
Let's get back on topic please. Ed knows where to go for vape info. ;)

max,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
Bigger than I thought. Looks great. I've loaded it up ready for a night on the town.
img0545j.jpg

quomist,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Oh that looks lovely Quomist. Very striking!! Hope your night out with it went well :D

Lo,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
that does look like fun in a striking sort of way. for me when i'm away from the safety of home i like the sense of security of carrying nothing more than a joint and a bottle of water so in an emergency i can swig and swallow although i prefer eating brownies given a choice.

jeffp,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
Wow this thing is a crowd pleaser. It also worked nicely before my trip to the science centre today. My lady friend refers to this as an evil toy. I like it even more.

On the downside, I forgot how gross it can be to smoke out of one hitters, but it gets the job done discreetly and when you want it at a moment's notice.

quomist,

Ash

vaporist
I hear you. My lady friend and I hadn't smoked in months, But we were traveling and it is super-convenient and super-discreet. Cheaper than a vape, too, if you only need portability every once in a while. I had the same reaction you did - I couldn't believe how much I din't like the taste. However, that's really not why I use the dugout.

Ash,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
yeah that's basically the reason i brought ed's pipes to the FC's attention - pipes come in handy now and then (vapor residue hash) and we tend to respect quality wood work here.

jeffp,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
That's a nice looking bird you got up there, that striped one, Quomist. I have just finished my Amboyna Dugouts. I only have 4 left, have had tons of people checking everyday. This is really some of the worlds most amazing wood. I appreciate all the hits I am getting from this thread and most importantly the kind words you guys are spreading for me. If you think these pieces look great, oooooo I have a couple pieces of two tone Golden/Red Amboyna Blanks that will surely make sweet pieces.

http://edstnt.com/index_files/Page861.htm

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I dont know how to post images, the above link is to the image I wanted to post, pls some one help me!

I never said I was smart, I dont know much, but know to do what I am told!!!

Ed's TnT,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
ed, you right click on the image you want to post and select Properties, and copy the address. then when you want to post the image click the "Img" button and you'll see two of these guys - simply paste the image address in between those two and that's it.

jeffp,

dave

Have you guy's taken a look at the matching wood bats ed offers for his dugouts not quit as inconspicuios but make a nice looking set and the wood dose not get hot when your combusting!!!

dave,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom