very nice inexpensive wood pipes, dugouts and one hitters....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Ed, I just received your 4" wood grinder - it looks great, I can't wait to try it out.
Question - for a bud or two, is this size overkill in your opinion? Would I have been better off with a smaller grinder,
or does the larger size grinder offer better ease of removal of material in your opinion?
thanks..
Jeff

jeffp,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I myself think the 4" is rather large. I like the 3" but its all up to the individual. These grinders I offer work very well and do grind very nice. I ground up 3 tasty morsels last night with the 3 and found it not to be big enough. Its all up to you, and what your needs are at that time. I am still breaking in that BZ and am about to go start my day with a jumpstart!!!

Ed's TnT,

Rick

Zapman
You got me for a minute there Ed. I saw that BZ and thought whaaaat? Soon my feeble mind sparked with the message "Remember, his is BurleeZap". Oh yes, nice name for sure.
Really enjoying your stuff too and look forward to hearing your comments on Myrtlewood.
Work hard and fun. I hear you have quite a few irons in the fire and a nice family too.
I love your wood.
Keep up the wood work.

Rick,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Ed I might grab a 3" grinder as they're so inexpensive but as I see it, the only downside to the 4" if there is one is that you have to turn more to complete a cycle - big deal, right?
Right now all I can tell you is that I'm digging the simplicity of your grinder, the quality of it - what kind of wood is it? - and how damn well it grinds, and how cool it looks.

By the way this is Tom's "Billy Bowl" and I have one
BillyBowlPebbles-453x390.jpg

... and that's 4" circumference as well - they look great together, almost like a matching set.

jeffp,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
how bout it guys??? Its crazy round here, got ball starting this week and the boys got practice and games, gonna be at the park maybe 4 days a week!!! My ginders are turned from Indian Rosewood. They have a sleek look to em and do grind very well. A good grinder makes a hellova difference for sure.

Gonna head to MZ thread and post some comments there.

I saw someone mentioned my hand turned wooden/brass bats. Gonna have some of the rarest Snakewood bats soon. I gotta say if you have never seen Snakewood you gotta google it and have a look, beautiful wood.

Ed's TnT,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I'm liking your grinder, it grinds very well and it looks fantastic. It does get a little stuck in the turning but I found an easy fix - I put just a little of Tom's (from PD land) "buzz butter" around it on both sides and now it's a perfectly smooth turn with no bumps.

jeffp,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Jeff I got you a nice Coco bat on the way should be there soon!!!!

Also saw someone saying that you all should check out my hand turned wooden/brass bats. These would make a great accessory to any dugout.

image2769.gif

Ed's TnT,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Thanks Ed - I keep a few smoking accessories around mainly for my friends who feel that vaping is too "complicated" or whatever...
Or too "ritual." But I like it too once in a while...
Anyway the world is waiting for Ed's TNT Official MZ/PD wood tubes!!!!!!

jeffp,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
hey Ed, I'm really intrigued by your tokes. i've never seen a pipe like that before. is the small hole visible in some of the pictures where one draws from? it looks like a good pipe to smoke concentrates (hash/oil) out of. would you recommend one for that? what's the size for those suckers?

i LOVED that californian redwood but those are available in the dugouts. the camphor burl looks real awesome too. good shite man! i'd love a dugout at some point but can't afford one now. but i have your website bookmarked, no worries. from the pic posted above in this thread, they look big though. you make smaller ones, like maybe as tall as a cigarette packet?

Jeff-- i dunno if a wooden PD stem is a good idea, only because most folks like to harvest their stems after some time. how would one do that on a wooden stem (i'm assuming one wldn't be able to soak them in iso)? aesthetically tho, yeah, they'd kick ass.

obelisk,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Ed, question. I got your package today - thanks by the way....
for the "bat" - the one hitter, does it require a screen and if so, where can I get one that fits?
thanks..

jeffp,

wthanna

Dugout "bats" are made to be used without a screen. You blow the "plug" of spent herb out when you are finished. I used one for many years.. more like a couple of decades.. as my "go to" pocket portable before discovering the Magic Flight Launch Box.

wthanna,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Jeff I have been thinking about those wooden tubes, but am not sure how to approach Rick and PD for making such an accessory. I have been thinking that they could easily turn their own tubes if they wanted to and am not sure why they dont. I dont wanna overstep my bounds, you feel or am I just trippin? Soaking the wood in cleaner is something I have never done. I would have to experiment with that idea.

As fa as the bat goes you do not need a screen. Just pack it nice and tightly, hit slowly and there you go. If you hit it hard or your pack is not tight enough, you may suck trash or even a fiery cinder. Just take your time with it and you will feel how it hits and you will get used to it.

Hello Obelisk, and thank you for your interest in my work. I did a magazine in Canada and the editor really liked my tokes for smoking her Hash. She got the Costa Rican Bocote, its a hard wood with a rich striking grain and yet soft in your hand, its very dense and she said it worked really well for her. The draw hole is an 1/8" which allows a smooth even flow that can you can really get into or just slowly toke. The Redwood is a very nice wood but it to soft for use as a toke. You would smoke more wood than herb. I make all my Dugouts the standard 4" size. They may look big but are what you are used to. I dont like the small diggers. I never felt like I could pack away enough stash and the bats were too short. I would burn my lips and that aint cool!!!

I am a guy that prepares for anything and I will fill my DO to the top. I dont like to be caught up somewhere and find out that I am digging wood and no herb.

Ed's TnT,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Purple Days was planning on making Wooden tubes but never got around to making them. Could still be in the works.... dunno though, would have to ask Tom if he is still going to venture down that road.

DevoTheStrange,

obelisk

Yo Ed, thanks for the heads up regarding wood hardness, that makes sense. It's a pity, I loved that redwood. Will probably get it as a dugout and bat at some point :brow:

Just bought the costa rican bocote toke like you suggested :D

obelisk,

Rick

Zapman
I'll get with you privately regarding the wooden vapor stems. Initially, I am not one to change what works as most folks know by now but then this would be an optional accessory, not changing "what works". I also am concerned about the cleaning process. On the other hand, I do have an idea with possibilities that I will share with you. I will say this old fart will NOT be turning those little buggers. Too small for my capability or desire.
I've got to comment on the tokes Ed makes. He has a 1/8" draw hole as mentioned. When I first saw it I thought "too small" but at the same time knew Ed was not only good with wood but a smart guy. It draws perfectly. It is very simple in design but the 1/8 draw hole is ingenious. We have two that are being used daily(no, not by Zaplady as she is vapor only going on ten years). They are incredibly efficient and the bowl will hold quite a charge but the main point I want to make is how maintenance free they are. Very easy to clean but they just do not clog up like one is accustomed to with a toke like this. We use a stainless screen in a bowl shape and that helps a bit but the design also has much to do with it. And, as Ed mentioned to me, "you cannot get a big fire going with a small draw hole so the wood will not burn out". All wood pipes will someday get a burn out started but Ed has done a good job minimizing that possibility. His price also offers such value that beautiful replacements are no big deal. Then there is the nostalgia factor of Native Americans smoking out of wood for a long time.
I'll get with you this weekend Ed.
Keep up the wood work.

Rick,

obelisk

Rick said:
I'll get with you privately regarding the wooden vapor stems. Initially, I am not one to change what works as most folks know by now but then this would be an optional accessory, not changing "what works". I also am concerned about the cleaning process. On the other hand, I do have an idea with possibilities that I will share with you. I will say this old fart will NOT be turning those little buggers. Too small for my capability or desire.
I've got to comment on the tokes Ed makes. He has a 1/8" draw hole as mentioned. When I first saw it I thought "too small" but at the same time knew Ed was not only good with wood but a smart guy. It draws perfectly. It is very simple in design but the 1/8 draw hole is ingenious. We have two that are being used daily(no, not by Zaplady as she is vapor only going on ten years). They are incredibly efficient and the bowl will hold quite a charge but the main point I want to make is how maintenance free they are. Very easy to clean but they just do not clog up like one is accustomed to with a toke like this. We use a stainless screen in a bowl shape and that helps a bit but the design also has much to do with it. And, as Ed mentioned to me, "you cannot get a big fire going with a small draw hole so the wood will not burn out". All wood pipes will someday get a burn out started but Ed has done a good job minimizing that possibility. His price also offers such value that beautiful replacements are no big deal. Then there is the nostalgia factor of Native Americans smoking out of wood for a long time.
I'll get with you this weekend Ed.
Keep up the wood work.
good to know Rick, thanks for the words on Ed's tokes. you're all old school man. that's rare these days. :peace: namaste.

obelisk,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Ed's TnT said:
Jeff I have been thinking about those wooden tubes, but am not sure how to approach Rick and PD for making such an accessory. I have been thinking that they could easily turn their own tubes if they wanted to and am not sure why they dont. I dont wanna overstep my bounds, you feel or am I just trippin? Soaking the wood in cleaner is something I have never done. I would have to experiment with that idea.

As fa as the bat goes you do not need a screen. Just pack it nice and tightly, hit slowly and there you go. If you hit it hard or your pack is not tight enough, you may suck trash or even a fiery cinder. Just take your time with it and you will feel how it hits and you will get used to it.

Hello Obelisk, and thank you for your interest in my work. I did a magazine in Canada and the editor really liked my tokes for smoking her Hash. She got the Costa Rican Bocote, its a hard wood with a rich striking grain and yet soft in your hand, its very dense and she said it worked really well for her. The draw hole is an 1/8" which allows a smooth even flow that can you can really get into or just slowly toke. The Redwood is a very nice wood but it to soft for use as a toke. You would smoke more wood than herb. I make all my Dugouts the standard 4" size. They may look big but are what you are used to. I dont like the small diggers. I never felt like I could pack away enough stash and the bats were too short. I would burn my lips and that aint cool!!!

I am a guy that prepares for anything and I will fill my DO to the top. I dont like to be caught up somewhere and find out that I am digging wood and no herb.
Thanks, Ed - the grinder and the bat look beautiful. Looking forward to to fooling around with the bat. So I guess you're not supposed to grind the bud before inserting into the bat? Just pull off a plug and wedge it in? I should have went with the 3" grinder from the beginning - the 4" might be useful if you're intending on vaporizing an ounce at a sitting....in that respect I know someone who would get good use out of it so I'm going to give it to him. (my herbal jazz "caregiver".)
You guys might not know but Ed's pipes were on display on Weeds once...

jeffp,

wthanna

basically you want your dugout/bat material ground fine like you would for a PD / MZ / or WDZ. If you are using your bat with a dugout, the way it is designed, you stick the bat in the dugout.... and "dig" :) to pack a nice load. A little bit of experience and you will learn to load the appropriately packed bowl. These are great little pipes for conserving your stuff while getting the desired results... the "PD" of the combustion world :peace:

wthanna,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Ed's TnT said:
yeah i hate when that happens!

jeffp,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
obelisk said:
Yo Ed, thanks for the heads up regarding wood hardness, that makes sense. It's a pity, I loved that redwood. Will probably get it as a dugout and bat at some point :brow:

Just bought the costa rican bocote toke like you suggested :D
Yeah I saw that order come in and thought that was you. I will make sure you get the sweetest piece in the bunch. Thank you.

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Jeff wrote - You guys might not know but Ed's pipes were on display on Weeds once...

I have been blessed with great opportunities, I had the only wooden pipes and dugouts on the set of WEEDS this past season. If you all follow the show, the dispensary that the guys opened up were full of props from the best people in the business. Also got a review in SKUNK MAGAZINE & HIGH TIMES.

image1781.png

Ed's TnT,

obelisk

Hey Ed,

I got my toke earlier today. Haven't smoked out of it yet but it sure looks sweet. Thanks :tup:

obelisk,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and happy Easter, been busy planting the garden, got the veggies and peppers in the ground just in time for a great watering from Mother Nature! I am glad you got that piece Obelisk, I do hope you enjoy using it and pls share your thoughts with me. Flanman, you take your time and get one when you can, you got any questions or concerns pls ask. I will do my best to get you fixed up with anything you have. I am just about to finish sand some Myrtle Burl Dugouts soon and will post a couple pics here. I have a sweet match for the MyrtleZap. I just got some of the most amazing Buckeye Burl Blanks on the way, so I cant wait to see what I can create from them. Also got some new stuff coming from my people down in the islands, Cenizo. Here is some info on em, its important to know where you get your lumber and that it is being replenished and managed all at the same time.

TROPIC VENTURES
Rainforest Enrichment & Sustainable Forestry Project,
founded in 1983, is located on 1000 acres of spectacular rainforest land in the southern central highlands of Patillas, Puerto Rico. The project's mission is to research and demonstrate the economic use of rain forest land using methods that do not destroy the forest ecology.

I do hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Ed's TnT,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Those wood tubes are going to be awesome....
I like wood for pipes - I have a glass pipe and I know everyone raves about glass, but I find wood to be more comfortable and welcoming.

jeffp,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom