1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vaporization temperature dependent selection of effects

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by tdavie, Feb 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. looney2nz

looney2nz Research Geek, Mad Scientist

yeah, it's all over the various sub-forums on the board.

Ricardo likes this.
  2. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

even with that preciseness just vaping a long time @ a low heat will eventually pull a lot of the actives out of there... it just takes more time and pulling heated air over the herb... I had an iolite that only hit 375 F and never could get the ABV dark with that vape... no way to get all of those actives out @ 375 but it was close

Ricardo likes this.
  3. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v4.0a (unstable) Staff Member

I edited your post to fix the link. This is the most appropriate place for this chart.

This is the best chart I've seen for this information (partly because it references ranges rather than specific temperatures) but it's not ideal. Perhaps the biggest failure is the lack of any references describing how these temperatures were derived. For example, the warning about benzene repeats information that (as far as I can find) has been reported in only one paper, and no one has duplicated those results. I'm not disputing the finding, but it's an old report that still has no corroboration. (If anyone can direct me to something I would appreciate it.)

I'd like to see the Celsius equivalents included. I'd also like supporting evidence for the benefits claimed. Again, I'm not disputing them, but I'd rather see references to peer-reviewed papers instead of claims that might well just be anecdotal.

4. ejackyou

ejackyou Hamilton

Sorry, but the Celsius Is included, but somehow got chopped of the Left side?

Loney2nz says He knows where to find it.
    Maybe He can Post it?

5. Entorwellian

Entorwellian Member

I've been following the guidelines on health canada after legalization happened: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-can...professionals-cannabis-cannabinoids.html#a3.4

Lots of good information on that site, but section 3.4 for Dosing - Vapourization has a bunch of cited studies on dosage and temperature. The temperatures cited range from 180 to 200, with about 190 being the average. If I had to pick one temperature to stick to, I'd probably pick 195 C. If I want to stretch out my high then I'll seperate it into two sessions with about 0.1g (about half of an arizer stem, lightly tamped down) of cannabis. The first one is at 180 C for a 10 minute session, then a second 10 minute session at 200 C to get the rest. Anything else is put in the ABV jar or discarded.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors