1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vaporization temperature dependent selection of effects

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by tdavie, Feb 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. TiSteamo

TiSteamo VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...

I found my right dimension at 200°C :cool:

MonkeyTime and C No Ego like this.
  2. noob100

noob100 Well-Known Member

I'M using my flower mate pro with green crack what is the best temp for it sorry if it's been asked before

3. purplegrass

purplegrass Well-Known Member

For myself, I quickly noticed the difference of effects. anything under 180 Celcius (or 350 F) gave me a very 'active' effect, I would make heaps of jokes and almost get in a trance while doing stupid dances lmao:rockon: and around 220 C (430 F) would make me just want to lay down and watch a good movie or listen to music and basically veg out lol, so basically more like combusting (but still pretty clear headed).

also I noticed: low temp= no munchies, high temp= food. NOW:goon:

vapirtoo likes this.
  4. noob100

:rofl::ko::):nod::D next pack I have to try that

Madri-Gal likes this.
  5. noob100

350✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔✔

:lol::lol::):) for real tho :rockon:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2019
    vapirtoo and C No Ego like this.
  6. Dan B

Dan B Member

I've read this whole thread and learned quite a lot, thanks everyone! I'm still wondering about the claim that terpenes get destroyed at high temps. If this is so, are any of the by-products harmful?

7. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

MonkeyTime and invertedisdead like this.
  8. invertedisdead

invertedisdead High Standards

I would say that the inhalation of terpenes in general is a major unknown factor regarding long term safety of vaporization.

Not to be controversial but I'm gonna be honest, been noticing quite a few longer term vaporists (7-10 years) who have more sensitive lungs than people I know with 40+ years of combustion. :uhoh: Most of us concentrate users on here have practically declared we can't do flower at all due to harshness. Makes you wonder.

:peace:

emmdeemo, MonkeyTime and OldNewbie like this.
  9. OldNewbie

As well, there is the non-specific "vaping" by a bunch of teens who developed *severe* lung issues.

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-new...-severe-lung-damage-linked-to-possible-vaping

(Although, I suspect, it will be nicotine vaping and there is some problem with how the juice was mixed. Still, harm reduction, not elimination.)

invertedisdead likes this.
  10. Dan B

Dan B Member

OldNewbie likes this.
  11. OldNewbie

While what you say makes some sense, there are a lot of variables. I don't think the fact terpenes break down from heat (And other issues.) into other compounds leads to the idea temp-stepping is worth it either from a safety or a dose perspective.

(The first link shows specifics from heating a few terpenes. The second gives an overall view of the issue and factors that affect it and the last gives some of the dangers to such vapors in the general indoor environment.)

12. ejackyou

ejackyou Hamilton

I believe that 'temperature stepping' while 'micro dosing' is the way to go!
    Enabling the best extraction from the Cannabis flower, for medicinal use. :science:
    That's what both the Plenty and the Volcano are best for.
    The chart I use gives a very good starting Reference in My personal experience.
    Hopefully most who read these forums, take opinions with a grain of salt? :nope:

Ozyzj and C No Ego like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors