VaporGenie

streetsofsurrey

Clear_Dome said:
i clean mine with hot water and it work well ...remove all the black and taste way better
Yeah man. Using really hot water is the way to do it. I just grabbed a tong and I just ran the top lid through the hot water for 10 minutes on both sides. I let it dry for an hour or so and when came back, it was new again. I been getting really huge hits. Awesome device. I like the high too because its much cleaner than if I were to smoke through bong or something.

streetsofsurrey,

Volcano South

DigitalDavinci said:
Also...that brings up something else I was wondering about the genie. Is there an instance here of a VG user having a hard time getting the correct temp? IE: A. Bud is too damp, and never gets to good vape temp no matter how much you put a lighter to it? B. Bud is really dry, and combusts too easily?...Just a querry.
I can't speak for the VG, but on the Volcano, if you put something in there that's still curing or in the drying stage the first bag is almost worthless. Very little vapor.

However, the second bag is AMAZING. Milky white.

Volcano South,
Reactions: coolbreeze

max

Out to lunch
Adjusting for dry or damp weed has to be done with any vape. Water vapor will come before THC vapor and you just have to realize that. The Genie and Vaporstar, being butane powered, are always going to take more care to avoid burning. And by burning, I mean blackening, rather than combustion. Once you've used one of these vapes a time or two, I can't imagine combustion being an issue unless you're drunk or something.

max,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I've noticed the wetter the bud, then the less likely it is I get a "real" hit. The bud I have now is moist (too moist :disgust:) So I find if I take a bud directly out of the bag to vape in the VG, then all I get is light/minimal vapor. Then the next hit there is a little more vapor, and then after that it is instant combustion.

Basically it is either cure my bud some more (which is what I'm doing), or use my PD. The PD doean't even really like moist herb as well. I guess vaporizers only deal with proprerly cured bud. :/ Something I'll have to bring up to my dealer I guess, or spend some more money on yet another vaporizer that has a variable temp.

DigitalDavinci,

Purple-Days

Paying for water... :disgust:

We use a plate and stick stuff that is a bit too damp on the TV set (over-night). The top of the fridge is another 'free' heat source. And over the water heater is another.

Dry herb certainly grinds better. And that will work better in any vape.

Purple-Days,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Sometimes in my VaporWarez if the nugs are a little damp I just plop a piece about the size of a popcorn in their.

I inhale, it dries it out to a nice brittle consistency, and I stick in my stirring tool and turn it to a sort of dust. It vaporizes *wonderfully*, thick billowy clouds of vapor. Plenty of surface area because of the extremely small particle size, and their is no lost crystals from grinding and whatnot..... Give it a shot sometimes.

It probably wouldn't work with the VG but yeah....

I can't imagine combustion being an issue unless you're drunk or something.
I was drunk last night and still hitting it like a champ. ;) I've got it down pat. :cool:

SpiralArchitect,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
DigitalDavinci said:
I've noticed the wetter the bud, then the less likely it is I get a "real" hit. The bud I have now is moist (too moist :disgust:) So I find if I take a bud directly out of the bag to vape in the VG, then all I get is light/minimal vapor. Then the next hit there is a little more vapor, and then after that it is instant combustion.

You could try this DD. Works for both the Purple-Days and the genie.

Pack the bowl as normal and take a couple of quick hits just to warm the bud through. With the VG, I then unscrew the top and tip the bowl into my open palm and crush up the bud. It should be a lot drier now thanks to the hot air that has past through it ... then repack the bowl and you next hit should be big and tasty.

Works the same for the PD, roll the bud up and pack the bowl, take a couple of quick draws, blow out the plug, crush, repack and blast into the clouds!!!

It takes a little longer but is a good way of eliminating the moisture on the run.

vaporcloud,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Thanks guys. I will try your methods. I'm beginning to become a little disenchanted with vaporizing to be honest. It is becomming more expensive of a hobby than golf (a way over priced hobby[golf] IMO), and I don't even get any cardio with vapeing. I'm also going through almost double the amount of weed before I started vapeing. From a 1/8 of highs to almost a 1/4! I'm over the "honeymoon" phase, so it isn't that I'm just vapeing "for fun". In fact it WAS a lot of fun, but now I find little pleasure in my consumption due to the before mentioned issues.

I'm sure it is user error in some way, but I do miss the old days of just pack it and get stoned. No methods, no waiting, and no way to fuck it up. I don't miss the weezing and phlem in the morning though, so I refuse to give in to the old ways. I'm just trying to understand why I can't seem to get stoned by vapeing anymore, and trust me it is good bud. Moist yes, but quality. I vaped 5 bowls in my VG and I was bearly buzzed, and I vaped for 2 hours straight while watching a movie with my PD with little avail (different herb and on a different night). Maybe it is my tolorance, but I had been smoking for 17 years before I started to vape, and never formed a tolorance build up like that.

Well I'm sure I've pissed off some of you vakers out there by my comments. I know...there is no better way to consume MJ through your lungs, it is the healtier way to consume, it can save you herb, it takes time to adjust to vapeing...Isn't the final result just to get f@#kn' high?

Well...let'em rip. :p

Thanks,

DD

DigitalDavinci,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
It takes a little longer but is a good way of eliminating the moisture on the run.
Yup, it's exactly what I do in my VaporWarez sometimes. :) Works wonders.

Sounds to me like you just need a tolerance break. Trust me, a few days works wonders. 8+ and you'll be practically baseline.

I'm also a habitual user, but I have only been consuming MJ for about 3 years, and only recently do I vape everyday. I find that although my tolerance is rather high, and I do have high quality marijuana, I can increase my high by doing something new. Watching a movie, surfing the web and playing video games ends up being a cycle whilst getting high and I find if I change it up, toss in a bike ride, hike, frisbee, walking dog, reading a book, drawing, etc. I can not only 'get more high', but I have a better time. *shrug*

SpiralArchitect,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Good point spiral...I have been reading that changing your environment , and breaking out of an indaviduals routine of getting stoned will help. The analogy was if you eat a fillet mignon everyday in the same manor, then it just won't feel as enjoyable after time. Even if it is giving you substanance, it's not stimulating the same way any longer.

DigitalDavinci,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Good analogy. And, speaking of changing it up. Sun is peaking out, might be last time I see it in a while. I'm gonna go say 'high'. :p

SpiralArchitect,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
DigitalDavinci said:

I'm sure it is user error in some way, but I do miss the old days of just pack it and get stoned. No methods, no waiting, and no way to fuck it up.
So why not go back to this method and see if you get a better buzz? If you don't then its tolerance buildup.

I sometimes lament the time it takes for a vap session. This would have to be the PD's only downside IMO because I like to consume 4-5 bowls at a time it can take 10 or so minutes so instead I might hit the box vape coz I can consume a larger amount in a shorter period.

And this was also why I went off the VG because like the PD it can take sometime to consume the required amount and if I'm in a hurry I'd push a bowl to far and combust.

vaporcloud,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Vaporcloud and spiral...I was in a pretty shitty mood when I wrote the first thread. Now that I don't have my boss buzzing around my head I'm more calm.

You guys have given me the two anwsers I shall try. First I agree I need a break, and I will try to skip the bud for 2 weeks or so (get rid of my stash first). I'm only going to hit the bowl once or twice if I get an attack, but I'll try not to use that as an excuse.

I think I'll try smoking tonight as vaporcloud suggested to see if it is my tolorance. My guess is that it is, for you guys love the PD and the VG. Common denominator here would be myself. Thanks for the advise.

Maybe I'll start a thread on how everyone curbs/quits there consumption for any given reason. It won't be easy for me. I replaced crack with marijuana a long time ago to get through the withdraws (HORRIBLE WITHDRAWS!!!), and as I said...it is my medicine as well. I can afford the meds I'm supposed to take, so I replaced it with MJ as well. I guess I have a huge mental addiction I need to overcome.

Well I'll go post that thread.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
vaporcloud said:
I sometimes lament the time it takes for a vap session. This would have to be the PD's only downside IMO because I like to consume 4-5 bowls at a time it can take 10 or so minutes so instead I might hit the box vape coz I can consume a larger amount in a shorter period.
i think you just put into words why the pd and ssv go together so well :o

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
yup...I'd like to see that thread. For me, I never had that problem. Been consuming every night for about three years now, and vaping always works better for me. Even now, with mid grade at best, 2 to 3 VG bowls gets me baked for a couple hours. I've noticed my tolerance has gone up recently, but it has nothing to so with smoke vs vape.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
That sucks, DD! Hope you can figure it out. :huh:

Wet/uncured weed should be a crime. Have you tried some different strains? Are you getting much visible exhaled (thc) vapor during the unsuccessful sessions?

Hang in there, brother! :)

vtac,

Volcano South

DigitalDavinci said:
Good point spiral...I have been reading that changing your environment , and breaking out of an indaviduals routine of getting stoned will help. The analogy was if you eat a fillet mignon everyday in the same manor, then it just won't feel as enjoyable after time. Even if it is giving you substanance, it's not stimulating the same way any longer.
That's like when I eat pizza three times in a week. I just don't want the stuff.

Sometimes by the end of the night I feel the same about MJ. I've vaped way too much in the day and a "bedtime smoke" just isn't enjoyable.

Volcano South,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Well, I have admit I was wrong with my prvious statements against vapeing. I must atone for my disgressions. REPENT! :lol:

First...vaporcloud. You hit the nail on the head. I tried smoking a nice pinner (tiny joint) of highs, and it took almost the whole thing to get stoned. My problem is definetly my tolorance. I am currently prepareing myself for a hiatus for 2 weeks. I have loads of MJ, so I bought a lock box and gave the wife the keys. ;)

SpiralArchitect and vaporcloud...You guys are brilliant!!! I'm still in love with the VG, but I have realized I can't seem to get the process down without combustion because I started from the beginning with a jet blue flame. I found last night that a simple electric ignition butane lighter worked just fine, and I got 3 strong hits with no combustion. I just needed to use the right heat source for my own preferances.

The second reason you guys are brilliant...the method of smoking the moist bud. I bitched about the methods you must implement to get stoned by vapeing, but I was just too damn impatient. The suggestions you both gave on my methods worked perfectly. I will go to the PD thread to elaborate (mainly because the method works AMAZINGLY in the PD) but putting a whole bud in the bowl, hitting it, breaking it up, and then repacking it works perfectly.

I like the VG, but it can frustrate me from time to time. It's definetly me nad not the pipe. Just takes more practice for some I guess. The PD has been the reason why I still love vapeing, and with the new method I'm useing...I'm getting the biggest hits ever (without combusting). I was wrong to ever question my precious.

I was going to delete my posts, but I'm sure some go through thoughts like myself. They can read how wrong they are before the frustration starts. :lol: Vtac you are right, and I think what you said is the best advice, "Hang in there...". If you get frustrated then just ask these nice people. They are always willing to help.

Thanks to all,

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Glad we could help bro. Haven't seen you here for a few days so was wondering how you were getting on.

I have loads of MJ, so I bought a lock box and gave the wife the keys.
That wouldn't work for me coz the wife would just end up chugging back all the stash :lol:

vaporcloud,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
HA...lucky for me my wife can't smoke. Loving your ANZAC cookies though. Got a recipe online, and made them over the weekend. She really likes the mellow body buzz. Good cookies man. I added some golden rasins, but the rest is traditional I think. Going on the duff wagon Moday. Only hiting that when it is imperative.

Cheers man

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vaporGene

Vapor Genie: It?s really cool Vape to use. I just used my friends for the first time. Its portable, and there are no toxic substances used. Just went through the review by http://www.vaporbuff.com/vaporgenie/ Vaporbuff and wanted to share the link as I think it's a very good review.:)

vaporGene,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hey vaporGene...are you related to the company? Only one letter separates you two at the moment!

stickstones,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Hey welcome vaporGene, and thanks for sharing! That is a great review...that Vapor Buff is one heck of a dude. He's really mastered the tactics of vaporization, that's for sure. We should find a way to contact him and egg him into starting a vapor centric community...or something. :ninja:

Once more, welcome to our fun house VG; always great to have another vapor enthusiast on board.

partially veiled,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I'm still not sold on this unit. It is about 2 weeks from showing up on ebay. I think the VaporGeine should have an IQ requirement posted on the website, for all you smart people get it...not myself. Ive had mine for 3 weeks, and I haven't used it for the last week out of pure annoyance of the product. The first try to "warm up" the bowl always leaves me with a unsatisfied "poof" of vapor, and the second goes directly to combustion. Unless I guess the right time to stop with the flame of course. I even gave up the jet flame lighter, and switched to the electronic standard butane lighter. I also though it was interesting that all this heat has began these days to produce almost a chlorine smell/flavor from the pipe as I'm lighting it/after lighting it. The MJ vapor/smell it doesn't like to produce. I have gotten a few really nice hits, and A BUNCH of not so good ones. Obviously it is user error, for no one else is unhappy in this thread. I'm on a tolorance break now, and I'll give it one more chance next week. After that...off to the auction block.

Keep a look-out on EBAY for a slightly (I mean slightly) used exotic brown VG for 40$ USD. I ought to at least get a decent bag of grass for it.

I'm glad I have my PD, for she never lets me down. Idiot proof I guess.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I can understand your pain DD and the inconsistancy of the VG prompted me to buy a PD and give my VG to a mate who is a pipe fiend. He loves the VG and doesn't mind a little bit of combustion. I had some good success with my VG but didn't like the first unsatisfing hit or the ones where I was too cautious (not wanting to burn) and only got a small unsatisfying hit. Then I'd push the next one too much and burn :disgust: Definitly user error ... or should that be loser error :rolleyes: ... or just to friken stoned :lol:

I still think this is a good butane powered portable vape and many love it ... it just wasn't consistant enough for me. Neither is my vaporite and its bloody annoying. Thankfully the PD is rock solid :tup:

vaporcloud,
Top Bottom