VaporGenie

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
SpiralArchitect said:
I'm still a bit confused by what vtac meant by 'put the round top piece on a vacuum and hit the filter with a blow torch.' Why my vacuum? Wont it melt? and what if i suck it up? How am I going to get it out of the dirty ass filter and shit?
Really easy. The suction from the vacuum holds the cylinder on, air is rushing through the flame filter. I used a butane pencil torch with a couple inch flame- brush around the filter to burn off the soot.. The cylinder doesn't heat up because of the air being sucked through it... don't know about the vacuum but mine didn't explode. Maybe if your filter's loose there's a chance of it coming out, be careful I guess.

vtac,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
SA,

I have a hose attachment that fit well to the general size of the upper bowl on my small car vaccum. I had my jet flame torch that I was useing unsuccessfully to hit the VG. I held onto the top of the pipe only, and turned on the vaccum. The suction held the top in place while I hit the element with the flame for about 3-5 seconds at a time to ensure I didn't heat up the vaccum tube too much. Did that about 10 times, and then truned it over. Repeat. I didn't let it cool, so there wasn't going to be extreme variations in temps between the element and the water. I don't know if that makes a difference, but I wanted to proceed with caution with the variation of temps. I'm no scientist.

My wife is Irish, and drinks tea like there is no tomorrow. Therefor we have an electric kettle that boils 6 cups at a time. Before I started the "burn-off" I preboiled the 2 cups of water, so It wouldn't take so long after. I used some kitchen tongs, and clasped the upper bowl over the sink still hot from the burn-off. I then took the kettle, and poured the water as slowly as I could into the element chamber. Stopping if the water filled, and waiting to continue until it was clear. A whole bunch of black dude...nasty. No suprise there. After I hit the element with a torch again, while the upper bowl was still in the tongs. This dried it quickly, and reasured myself I burnt everything off. After that...worked like a whistle.

I'd check with the vets to make sure I did it right, but I can vouge for my method. Enjoy...

DD

DigitalDavinci,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Sweet. I think mine actually needs a cleaning. I'll give it a shot later this week and let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks for the tips/feedback DD, vtac. :)

SpiralArchitect,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
That's exactly what I did with my VG to clean it...water that is. Only I used a whole 12 cup pot...overkill.

stickstones,

Lgolos

Has anyone put a hose on the VaporGenie? I've seen it done, but I don't know what size works for people.

Lgolos,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Hey Lgolos. Welcome to FC. I put 6 inches of 8mm plastic hosing on the end of my VG. Its the same size I use for the whip on my box vape. It fits snugly over the mouth piece but I used some tape to secure it to the end and make it air tight. Theres a picture somewhere in this thread.

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
vgbn3.jpg

vaporcloud,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Dude. Seriously. Take 2 seconds. And think about it, or look it up.

edit// Page 3 if your still struggling.....

Seems like it would give you a much better view of the bowl while you're applying flame as well as the helpful view of vapor in the tubing. thumb

SpiralArchitect,

vaporGene

stickstones said:
Hey vaporGene...are you related to the company? Only one letter separates you two at the moment!
Hey Stickstones, I liked the product very much and it was my first Vape..... No relation to the company though. My name is Gene :lol:

vaporGene,

vaporGene

partially veiled said:
Hey welcome vaporGene, and thanks for sharing! That is a great review...that Vapor Buff is one heck of a dude. He's really mastered the tactics of vaporization, that's for sure. We should find a way to contact him and egg him into starting a vapor centric community...or something. :ninja:

Once more, welcome to our fun house VG; always great to have another vapor enthusiast on board.
Thank you for your welcome Partially Veiled....

Great to be a part of fuckcombustion, hard to find good online vape resources. -VG

vaporGene,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
SpiralArchitect said:
Dude. Seriously. Take 2 seconds. And think about it, or look it up.

edit// Page 3 if your still struggling.....

Seems like it would give you a much better view of the bowl while you're applying flame as well as the helpful view of vapor in the tubing. thumb
aight aight :disgust:

Hennessy1414,

wheezy_360gamer

Vapor Visionary
Ok I have my own VaporGenie mod to show, and I've been eager to show. I've only owned my VaporGenie for about a month after being a heavy bong user. I mean HEAVY, like an ounce a week using only my bong. So I still smoke. But I did what came natural and did some experimenting. I hope you guys like it. I made it onto a video on YouTube.

Click me for an ICE COLD vapor video

wheezy_360gamer,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Ok wheezy...I'm a fan! Loved watching your laid-back ass air guitar while making a video!

So you basically turned it into a vaporstar. How did you mod the bong to accept the threads from the VG. I want to try this!

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
an ounce a week
:o Do you have an ultra high paying job, or just ultra cheap weed? If it's both, I don't wanna know. :lol:

Excellent Genie mod BTW. :tup:

max,

wheezy_360gamer

Vapor Visionary
stickstones said:
Ok wheezy...I'm a fan! Loved watching your laid-back ass air guitar while making a video!

So you basically turned it into a vaporstar. How did you mod the bong to accept the threads from the VG. I want to try this!
Yeah the solo air guitar solo was just for fun, cause I was having fun, and it seemed right.

The VaporGenie, I could tell by looking, the bottom pipe part is just a plain "wood covered" tobacco pipe.
Like the type you see at the head shops. Cheap usually either all metal or partial plastic. But they are all made in the same fashion that pieces are interchangable. They all use the same diameter. I guess in other words its an indusrty standard size.

Nothing about the bong is changed, except i took the cone shaped aluminium bowl off, and fitted it with a Brass tobacco pipe bowl with the rubber seal. Now these tobacco bowls are threaded on the top, just like the VaporGenie. Simply fit the Genie top on and fire her up!:D Just a basic mod really! Nothing special, I just get creative. Yeah kinda like a VaporStar, but using an actual bong, with Ice. Hitting the Genie after awhile is kinda hot on the back of my throat, I would Imagine the same with Vaporstar, but the Ice changes everything. It keeps my bowl cooler, actual collects moisture from the bong 'sweating'. It can take awhile to get it warm, and you pull off all sorts of cooler vapor, to me its more effecient.

Now if your gonna try this remember, its more Important to have alot of ICE than H2O. Just enough H2O to get a small 'gurgle' is suffencient, the ice does the rest.
You hit it in the same fashion as normal, but you should be able to get bigger volumes of 'cooled' vapor. Just be gentle with the flame, cause its harder to gauge possible combustion.
The best indicator is to carb the vape and see is it still billows in the bong, you could be on the verge of vaporization.

What is nice though, is being able to see down the VaporGenie Lid, i can push it to its limits.

Otherwise its very simple to use. I like to hit it as softly and as slowly as possible. Long hits. Its important I learned though, not to draw heat for too long at a time, still pull it back some, other wise your vapor could comprimse with smoke toward the end. Once you master your technique though you can get nice hits, bigger than if you just used it as a Genie pipe.

I can't compare it to a regular electric unit, but i bet my setup can dish out monster hits like some expensive units. But they can't deliver "Cold Vapor", as I like to call it.

If you like to try something new or have an open mind please try and tell me your opinon.

Im just a novice, I'm gaining knowledge and learning as I go along. I'm liking vaporizing so far.

wheezy_360gamer,

wheezy_360gamer

Vapor Visionary
max said:
an ounce a week
:o Do you have an ultra high paying job, or just ultra cheap weed? If it's both, I don't wanna know. :lol:

Excellent Genie mod BTW. :tup:
No my job is nowhere near high paying, I work part time.

My weed supply varies from time to time. I don't have a candy store of weed like in Cali, its either "A" or "B". Got it? I do have some nice stuff though don't get me wrong. Whatever gets shipped across the country there's a good chance it came through San Antonio. And San antonio is the main Hub from Mexican trade. What ever makes the streets, is top notch but dirt cheap here.

Its just like the economy of the country, our prices remain low, cause our local Market is flooded in TONS of "Mexican goods". It sells cheap. Goes to other parts where they jack the price, for the same shit I bought but cheaper. More likely, quality goes down as the further it goes away. Whatever stays behind in Texas is ALWAYS THE BEST.

It may seem like alot to you, but its nothing to me. Its just so easy to consume alot of good bud around here. You would have to live here or see for yourself to know. Texas has its own history with MJ. I respect Cali culture, its nothing like Texas but both are beautiful and unique.

wheezy_360gamer,

max

Out to lunch
I'm not in CA or at the border of the Mexican marijuana highway, so for me it's not even A or B half the time, just A or nothing. Got it? Glad it's cheap for ya, and even more glad I can get by on a small fraction of that amount.

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks a lot, wheezy...I'll be trying this mod soon. Is there a way to do this with a glass bong? I ave a plastic one with a steel bowl that I can easily see how to do it...thanks to your explanation. But my glass bong, I can't see how to do that one.

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Just went out and bought the parts and will let you know how it goes, probably this weekend. Only bummer...I have to use it on my old plastic bong. Not one lick of glass in this setup. If only there were some way to do this with glass...

stickstones,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Wow Weezy that is nice! It's kinda what I have been thinking about doing for making a DIY vaporizer -- using the VG's ceramic filter on a bong.

Do you have a list of materials and maybe some close-up pictures so I can attempt to replicate it? It looks like it works really well in your bong.

Is it Glass on glass setup or just a regular slide bowl>?

SpiralArchitect,

anslinger

Once, to avoid sketchiness on an airplane I just brought the flame filter on board and bought a cheap metal pipe at my destination. Two little pieces of toothpick under the screen to make it heat more evenly, and you're in business.

There needs to be a bit of resin under the screen if you want the shims to stay in place, so when you first use it, go for two or three bowls.;)

anslinger,
Top Bottom