VaporGenie

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I got one of those too. I have a few torch lighters but I just felt like a new one. I like the lateral (instead of vertical) flame on the lighter I got.

I really liked that mini butane torch Vaporcloud had;

torch3xh3.jpg

Hows that working out for you? Does it require a lot of refueling? Too hot? Too cumbersome?

SpiralArchitect,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Cool man. I'm happy to hear about your purchase SA. How's you new batch!? :ko: I'm sure after waiting...it feels like an old blanket on a rainy day. :brow: I'm looking forward in seeing how you like this vape.

I got my present from Canada today :cool:, and I'm trying some in the PD now. WOW!!! :o I wonder how well this strain I have vapes in the VG...? It's sticky for sure, but a little damp. I think I'll pre grind some to dry it out a bit before the genie arrives. :)

Also...that brings up something else I was wondering about the genie. Is there an instance here of a VG user having a hard time getting the correct temp? IE: A. Bud is too damp, and never gets to good vape temp no matter how much you put a lighter to it? B. Bud is really dry, and combusts too easily?...Just a querry.

I've read all the posts in this thread about the lighter situation, and the general concensus seems to be to stick with regular lighters. I thought I had read that the "jet flame" lighters were too hard to control the temp. I thought I read that there was very little variation between the sweet spot, and combustion. I could be getting my wires crossed with non-digital box vapes. AHHHHHHH INFO OVERLOAD! :o :D

I would like one more general thought on if I should go out and buy a refillable electric lighter (no flint!) with butane, or a "jet flame" lighter...? If it isn't too much to ask.

Cheers!

DD

DigitalDavinci,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I made the assumption the company recommends the lighters on their website. Maybe you can find one like those in town. It was like 18 bucks and looked really high quality. Again, I love how the flame is 'lateral', its like a little mini flamethrower. :lol:

Oh and the buds? Fucking delicious. I'll post a picture in the Pictures thread to not clutter this place up. ;)

SpiralArchitect,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
ARgh, I'm already wanting to use my VaporGenie..... it can't get here fast enough!!!! :p

I want to take it out on my pontoon and float on the lake, hit the vape, and gently spin on the placid water as i watch the golden leaves fall to the waters edge.

SpiralArchitect,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
OK. The Genie is here!!! The only thing I can say right now is about the construction, inital use, and packaging. I'll do a full review later.

Packaging is a typical manilla sealed envalope, but if you don't want anyone knowing what you've received...it isn't stealthy to the feel. One can easily tell if they know a profile of a pipe.

The wood is high quality, but my base and top doesn't even come close to matching. I'm a bit bummed about that one. A recent post with pics by Josefsev
shows a very close wood type for both peices. I kind of feel if I pay for the nicest pipe they've got, then I should get matching peices. Maybe I'm just being petty.

Very sturdy parts. Very sound, and a nice weight too. The inital try was sucessful, but I'm sure I'll get better results after I get the hang of it. I'll review once I get the process down.

Cheers!

DD

DigitalDavinci,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
That's concerning me about the non-matching top/bottom. If they do indeed not match, I am going to contact the company and see about getting a matching set. I mean, as you stated, what good is if we bought the most expensive one and they jipped us? I don't think it;s being petty at all. What is pictured on the site is absolute matching wood.

SpiralArchitect,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Unfortuantely it says on the site that the pipe is made of tropical hardwood, and the top of walnut. I'm not too sure if that lessens their responsability, or not.

I've already "tested" mine, so that right there puts me out of the running for a new one. It is growing on me already though, and I have to admit the little thing hits like a champ. I vaped one bowl for lunch, and I got high as fuck with the herb only turnning a dark brown...but not black. Not one cumbustion, and thick hits. Consistant throughout the smoke session until the last hit. Then you know it is time for a change.

I'm very happy with the quality initally. The wood thing is ok because all my stuff is in wood, and a variety at that. Now it looks like I've done that on purpose.

PD = Cherry, Holder = Myrtlewood, Combust pipe = Brazillian Black Cherry, One-hitter = Ash, VG = redish/pink hardwood and walnut, and my storage box is oak. HUH...I've got a lot of wood...HUH

I can deal with the different woods, but you are right...they need to try to match the two peices if you are spending the extra money for the wood in question. Hope yours is better.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I'm really hoping so.... I'm a stickler for 'matching' and that would really throw me off if it's way off. I mean, how different is it? You says it doesn't match at all, but is it at least close? Does it ruin the simple aesthetic?

I'm assuming you ordered from the VG site instead of a vendor?

They also offer free screens and mouthpieces -- I'm def. taking advantage of that when it comes time. :brow:

SpiralArchitect,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Spiral...If you are a stickler about matching, then mine would drive you up the wall. Here is some images I found from Google that are close. They are not exact, but you'll get the hint. Here is a comparison...

Yes I ordered through the VG website. I think I'll be useing the free screens too. I'm going for the vtac look with my screens. I thought it was resignated bud at first! :lol:

DD

DigitalDavinci,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
/bites nails

We'll have to wait and see. It's hard to tell, from that picture it doesn't look so bad but I do get the idea....

I was actually thinking, what is the base of the pipe like?

It's simple wood, yes? Just a screen and like a 'female' insert for the top to go into? I wonder if making your own 'bottom' would actually be possible.... I have a lot of experience on a lathe and hand carving (I made my own chess set in HS) so maybe I could do it.... that would be awesome.... but I digress....

Oh yeah, and I'd really like to know about cleaning it before I get it. Is iso alcohol going to harm it? I have sources that say otherwise but I'd like others input.

SpiralArchitect,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I got the standard unit and it matches fine.

Cleaning is interesting. It's not hard or complicated, but for the life of me, I can't seem to get the same airflow I had when it was new. It still works fine, but I seem to remember it having better flow. It got mucked up when I started vaping duff with kief during a dry spell.

But no, I can't think of any reason to use iso. With this unit your going to scrape, poke and blow it to clean it. Maybe use some water...I should try that.

They talk about cleaning the heating element, but I was unsuccessful with the hot water method. My element is pretty black with soot, so maybe that is where I am getting the air clog.

stickstones,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
i clean mine with hot water and it work well ...remove all the black and taste way better

Clear_Dome,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Well here is my review of the Vapor Genie.

At fisrt I was put off by the differance in wood types, but it has grown on me. Vtac is right that the exotic can feel a bit like (paraphraseing) "something satna clause would use", but I find it very comfortable to the grip. The wood is high quality, and well treated. The top is Walnut, and beautiful. After a smoke I like to twist it in the sun. very deep view into the grain.

The smoke is great! Simply put. If you've ever smoked out of a pipe with a cap on it, then this will be no problem. I have gotten some of the thickest hits with this vape. I have scorched the herb a few hits, but after at least 10 smokes...I can say I've got the handle of it. About a gram was estimated training weight of herb, and I concur. I have to say that mobile is great, but you will need to be parked. No more of the old smoking days of one handed hits on the road. Too much consitration is needed to drive. Great in a nice park or something though. That is where I go every lunch to enjoy my smoke.

All and all this is a great vape. I'll take my PD spent herb, and vape the last of the goodness out of the herb in the VG. Good system IMO.

Later all,

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
SpiralArchitect said:
I got one of those too. I have a few torch lighters but I just felt like a new one. I like the lateral (instead of vertical) flame on the lighter I got.

I really liked that mini butane torch Vaporcloud had;

Hows that working out for you? Does it require a lot of refueling? Too hot? Too cumbersome?
It worked well and I prefered it to a bic. Still had to be careful not to combust with the extra heat. They hold plenty of butane so you don't have to refuel often. You can actually use them to heat the ceramic disc first ... just aim the flame at the disk and let it get some heat into it. Sort of like the vapman.

I don't use the VG these days and past it onto a mate. My ABV goes through my bix vap.

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
^ Well at least we know good guitar playing doesn't depend on typing skills. :)

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
It's arrived!

I love it already. I've only got one successful hit off it so far though. The instructions it come with suck. And the lighter they gave me is empty. :rolleyes: 20 dollar lighter, and they can't give you a bucks worth of butane.... guess I'll have to get some later. It sure is a super nice lighter.

But right now, just testing it out with the Bic. I'll have to write up a mini-review after I get a good feel for it.

And the wood actually matches very well with mine, I mean, it's obviously not the same wood, but unless you closely inspect it you can't really tell. *shrug*

SpiralArchitect,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
lighters have to be shipped empty, its considered a hazardous material otherwise and hs to be treated differently and more expensively during shipping

Acolyte of Zinglon,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
oh thanks I didn't know that AoZ. :)

Well, on a scale 1-10 on the vakedometer, I am a 7. This thing rocks. I thought I was doing it wrong, but I read on the website their user guide thingy and it helped out. I've scorched the bud once but it didn't really combust but got damn close. It made me gag bigtime. :ko: I haven't smoked since I can remember..... 2 weeks? idk, but now that I have this I really don't even want to smoke. I'm dreading it in fact.

I just love how small it is. It looks so elegant and simple, but works like a charm. I love it. :)

I'm glad I didn't get one at Hempfest this year, like I was, they were cheaper, but they only had the Maple models -- it was a wait well worth it. :cool:

Also, I found this like Coleman heavy duty cigar lighter (even has a compass and thermometer on it) and it seems to be easier to get steady, constant temp. It starts vaping much faster, but I can tell from the taste (having used a wand vape for a long time now) when it's getting to hot and when its in the 'sweet spot'

SpiralArchitect,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Well, I've been toying with her for a while now. Here is my :2c: and a few quick pics

This is money well spent. For someone who wants to start vaporizing, or someone who already is an everyday vaper who wants to extend their session past the extension cord.

It's discrete and efficient, well made, light, and feels classy when you use it. I'm glad I got the Exotic because it is much more elegant than the Maple ones....

Although the woods don't match exactly, it's not bad at all, and that's saying a lot from picky me.

I have 1 questions for other Vapor genie users though, and it is causing me some concern...

On your top piece -- does your ceramic filter move up and down? I'm unable to remove it, or at least it seems so (I don't want to try too hard), but I have about 2-3 cm of adjustable height with the ceramic filter. Is this intentional or just a lemon? If it is intentional, where do you keep yours at -- the top or bottom? I've been using it when its on the top. I hope this makes sense.

So there it is. I love my VaporGenie. I'm already wishing it wasn't raining so I could go vape outside.... :p

SpiralArchitect,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Nice, SA! I have the maple and it definitely does not move like you say. It sounds like it is functional, but I'm also certain it is defective. Give them a holler on that.

On another note, I am glad to say that the Genie can be thoroughly and easily cleaned! As I mentioned before, when I was dry I used some duff for a few days in the Genie...bad move. A lot of it got through the screen and noticeably clogged it up. I tried to clean it with the hot water method before and got nowhere.

But tonight I got thorough and hard core. I brewed 12 cups of water and poured it all through the filter, from both ends. Then I took the screen out and cleaned it. Then I got some pipe cleaners and cleaned out the pipe (after removing the mouthpiece) and rinsed it. Finally I took the mouthpiece and flooded it with water. Then I blew through it. Then I got a pipe cleaner and pushed that through. The stuff that came out looked like what I used to get out of cleaning my bong's stem...nasty! When done I had my airflow restored to like new, which is about double what I had before cleaning it. I just got the most massive three hits off one bowl. This thing is awesome!

stickstones,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom