Discontinued Vaporblunt 2.0 & VB 2.0 DLX

filteredhead

Thanks guys, am glad if any of this info helps. The high-temp conduction heat with this mod is not for me all of the time, so I start with heat setting 1 and move to heat setting 2 if desired.

chosenone, i guess we each have to decide for ourselves, am not a fan of burnt popcorn taste and usually don't go beyond heat level 2. There is a pretty good thread on conduction vs convection over here if there is interest: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/conduction-vs-convection.8986/

kelper, for me the VB2 stock setup delivers great flavor for long time since it seems to gently roast the herb in the basket. The first two times I ran heat level 3 with mod really surprised me, because first time the ABV was very dark and second time it was quite a bit lighter in shade, both after a 12 min session (hmmm), that's when I tested a bit more and found that heat level 3 would be too hot when unit battery level was holding full to medium charge. EDIT: After those last set of tests I realized when battery level was low using heat level 2 was not hot enough to get the KO hits I was looking for so had to increase heat setting to 3 in that case to get the stronger hits, however using heat setting 3 with a well charged VB2 is asking for burnt popcorn IMO. Just wanted to mention this in case you decide to try the mod.

filteredhead,
Reactions: kelper
Thanks guys, am glad if any of this info helps. The high-temp conduction heat with this mod is not for me all of the time, so I start with heat setting 1 and move to heat setting 2 if desired.

chosenone, i guess we each have to decide for ourselves, am not a fan of burnt popcorn taste and usually don't go beyond heat level 2. There is a pretty good thread on conduction vs convection over here if there is interest: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/conduction-vs-convection.8986/

kelper, for me the VB2 stock setup delivers great flavor for long time since it seems to gently roast the herb in the basket. The first two times I ran heat level 3 with mod really surprised me, because first time the ABV was very dark and second time it was quite a bit lighter in shade, both after a 12 min session (hmmm), that's when I tested a bit more and found that heat level 3 would be too hot when unit battery level was holding full to medium charge. I recommend heat level 3 for when unit battery level is very low.
I wish vape manufacturers would use a real temp sensor for heat levels to compensate for battery level. Otherwise setting the level is more of a gimmick or at best rough rule of thumb. That is definitely one advantage of plug-in models at this point. Would like to know which portable vapes use actual temp sensors instead of non-intelligent power gates, probably none unless they actually show the temperature.

filteredhead

I wish vape manufacturers would use a real temp sensor for heat levels to compensate for battery level. Otherwise setting the level is more of a gimmick or at best rough rule of thumb. That is definitely one advantage of plug-in models at this point. Would like to know which portable vapes use actual temp sensors instead of non-intelligent power gates, probably none unless they actually show the temperature.
EDIT: To your point my Pax and Solo units (and VAMO VV/VW e-cig wand paired with TET EVO) seem to do pretty good/stay consistent with varying battery levels, I didn't find that to be the case with my recent VB2 tests. Of course I don't know how well the others do since I never tested explicitly for that drift since they seem to deliver consistent results regardless of the battery level (just maybe take a bit longer to reach selected temp and have harder time keeping up with hard draws that cool heater).

filteredhead,
Weird because the Pax and Solo units seems to do pretty good/stay consistent with varying battery levels, I didn't find that to be the case with my recent VB2 tests. Of course I don't really know how well the others do since I never tested for that drift with all of the others so am not sure there.
You may be right about the Solo - it seems fairly consistent so may use an actual sensor. In fact I surmise it does due to apparent false readings when heated with inserts in place.

kelper,

filteredhead

Both Solo and Pax give feedback with LEDs that heater temp is below selected temp. I've never seen the VB2 go from a solid heat level LED to a blinking heat level LED indicating that heater has cooled. I would still expect the VB2 has some sensors but not sure exactly how true the temp control circuit is.

filteredhead,
Reactions: kelper

OF

Sorry to break it to you, this is one of those very vapes that sense working temperature and control independent of battery condition. Seriously, I've checked......

Also add Solo, DiVinci, and Puffit to the portable vapes I personally have confirmed this on. So, there's four. Of those 4, three do in fact show the temperature, two in 'bar graph' (Solo, and VB 2), one in digital display (DiVinci) and Puffit which uses colored LEDs to show under/at temperature status.

Not sure where you're getting your 'facts' from, but those four at least don't fit. Then again, I also not know what a "non-intelligent power gate" is.

OF

OF,
Sorry to break it to you, this is one of those very vapes that sense working temperature and control independent of battery condition. Seriously, I've checked......

Also add Solo, DiVinci, and Puffit to the portable vapes I personally have confirmed this on. So, there's four. Of those 4, three do in fact show the temperature, two in 'bar graph' (Solo, and VB 2), one in digital display (DiVinci) and Puffit which uses colored LEDs to show under/at temperature status.

Not sure where you're getting your 'facts' from, but those four at least don't fit. Then again, I also not know what a "non-intelligent power gate" is.

OF
Never said they were facts, but based on experience the VB2 doesn't seem intelligent in its temp sensing (if there truly is any) - too much variability based on battery level. Non-intelligent power gate aka dumb switch (maybe just timer based).

Edit: Reminds me of some of the dumb progress indicators when installing software

kelper,

OF

Never said they were facts, but based on experience the VB2 doesn't seem intelligent in its temp sensing - too much variability based on battery level. Non-intelligent power gate aka dumb switch.

Well, let's put it the other way, you said some stuff was that wasn't? There are, in fact, a number of vapes that use closed loop temperature control (measure the output, control the input), including the very one in discussion on this thread. VB2 uses closed loop control.

It is not "more of a gimmick or at best rough rule of thumb". This is a closed loop, not open like a lamp dimmer or a stove top.

In all four of the systems I've checked into, none has temperature effected by battery level. None. Your impression has to be mistaken. Battery condition only effects heating time. Witness Solo is faster on the PA than batteries since the available voltage is higher so more power is generated heating faster.

Thanks for the explanation of "Non-intelligent power gate", never heard the term before, I must not get out enough.

Anyway, not to worry, what you want you already have.......

OF

OF,
Well, let's put it the other way, you said some stuff was that wasn't? There are, in fact, a number of vapes that use closed loop temperature control (measure the output, control the input), including the very one in discussion on this thread. VB2 uses closed loop control.

It is not "more of a gimmick or at best rough rule of thumb". This is a closed loop, not open like a lamp dimmer or a stove top.

In all four of the systems I've checked into, none has temperature effected by battery level. None. Your impression has to be mistaken. Battery condition only effects heating time. Witness Solo is faster on the PA than batteries since the available voltage is higher so more power is generated heating faster.

Thanks for the explanation of "Non-intelligent power gate", never heard the term before, I must not get out enough.

Anyway, not to worry, what you want you already have.......

OF
I didn't say there weren't portable vapes that use actual temp sensing - but said I would like to know which ones do. I agreed with filteredhead that the Solo does - go back and read.

kelper,

OF

I didn't say there weren't portable vapes that use actual temp sensing - but said I would like to know which ones do. I agreed with filteredhead that the Solo does - go back and read.

What did you say? 'I wish there were...'. There are. 'It's a gimmick', it's not. 'This is an advantage of plug in vapes', sometimes. 'I wish I knew which', you're holding one, I added 3 more you might have heard of I know personally.

Nice of you to agree with the other fellow, I won't hold my breath on your agreeing with my list or experience.

OF

OF,
What did you say? 'I wish there were...'. There are. 'It's a gimmick', it's not. 'This is an advantage of plug in vapes', sometimes. 'I wish I knew which', you're holding one, I added 3 more you might have heard of I know personally.

Nice of you to agree with the other fellow, I won't hold my breath on your agreeing with my list or experience.

OF
"I wish vape manufacturers would use a real temp sensor for heat levels to compensate for battery level" is not me saying that there aren't any. It's like me saying I wish cola manufacturers used real sugar instead of corn syrup - doesn't mean some don't use sugar.

"Would like to know which portable vapes use actual temp sensors " thank you, I'm learning all the time - don't understand the hostility.

I still don't think the VB2 uses intelligent temp sensing, but you seem convinced so good on ya.

kelper,

OF

I still don't think the VB2 uses intelligent temp sensing, but you seem convinced so good on ya.

OK, what do you think is making the LEDs change as it heats?

OF

Edit: Again, I've opened up mine and inspected the thermistor leads..... OF

OF,

OF

Like I said - maybe timer based. Or it uses an actual sensor but not very intelligently.

OK, one of us knows, one is guessing. I'm good with that. The gentle readers can decide which is which.

OF

OF,
OK, one of us knows, one is guessing. I'm good with that. The gentle readers can decide which is which.

OF
I understand you know it all - I bow my head.

OK, what do you think is making the LEDs change as it heats?

OF

Edit: Again, I've opened up mine and inspected the thermistor leads..... OF
You can tell how intelligent temp sensing is by inspecting leads? The thing is wonky when it comes to the temp - that is the bottom line. Not sure exactly what's going on inside and neither do you.

mod note: Please avoid back to back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

kelper,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
As a VB2 owner I feel a bit like the red-headed stepchild of the vaporblunt family. The Pinnacle gets most of the heat but IMO doesn't begin to compare to the VB2. Also felt stonewalled when inquiring about using the Pinnacle HT with the VB2. Probably goes against marketing plan, but hewing too close to that crap is a dead end for street cred. Mods are the future, baby.

What do you mean by "red-headed step child of the vb family"? The VB2.0 is the best, most powerful machine in our product line. The Pinnacle is new, so everyone is drooling over it, but they are not very similar when comparing the two. I posted in the pinnacle thread the when someone asked me why the would buy vb2.0 over pinnacle, it lists the major differences. You shouldn't feel like a red headed step child, the VB2 is extremely well received!

Jared

Cannabis Enthusiast
I am absolutely in love with this thing after using filterheads mod. I've been keeping it on 2 while plugged in and it is absolutely perfect. Huge rips but the AVB isn't way too dark. Haven't wanted to smoke once since I got the vb working the way I want it to.

filteredhead

Awesome Jared.

TRVB, I was looking at THR's picture of duff from PN high setting here:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-pinnacle-by-vaporblunt.8431/page-47#post-368353
That PN ABV appears darker than the ABV generated by my stock VB2 at heat setting 3 (or even 4). Given that the VB2 may be considered the best most powerful vaporizer from the Vaporblunt company, I was looking for some way to get the VB2 to work more to my satisfaction by generating thicker vapor. I do understand and appreciate if that may not have been the original design goal for the VB2, I hope you and your engineer do not take offense to my mod, that has not been my intent at all.

filteredhead,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Awesome Jared.

TRVB, I was looking at THR's picture of duff from PN high setting here:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-pinnacle-by-vaporblunt.8431/page-47#post-368353
That PN ABV appears darker than the ABV generated by my stock VB2 at heat setting 3 (or even 4). Given that the VB2 may be considered the best most powerful vaporizer from the Vaporblunt company, I was looking for some way to get the VB2 to work more to my satisfaction by generating thicker vapor. I do understand and appreciate if that may not have been the original design goal for the VB2, I hope you and your engineer do not take offense to my mod, that has not been my intent at all.

The pinnacle and vb2.0 have completely different methods of creating vapor. My abv from the 2.0 is usually darker, but less consistent, than the pinnacle. I also get thicker vapor from my 2.0. Are you using a WT or traditionally? Is your screen clean? What technique are you using while hitting it? Mouth piece or no mouthpiece? The 2.0 on level 4 should turn your duff into what looks like used coffee grinds except not completely black. My engineer and I do not offend easy, if we did we would avoid this forum at all cost hahaha. Give me some more info on how you're using the unit and I will try to give you some advice

OF

I understand you know it all - I bow my head.

As you wish. I secretly know I don't know everything, but understand that good folks want to depend on what they read here. So I confine my comments to topics I do understand well, in keeping with the rules:
"Please try to stay within your area of experience when commenting or advising."

I don't go inventing pseudo technical terms like "non-intelligent power gate" that not even Google has heard of either. My understanding of how this stuff works comes from real books as taught in real schools (did a mite of that myself, actually.....). I'm happy to discuss, expand and explore those areas with anyone with the interest and aptitude for such drool topics. I continue to stand by what I post.

Again, I think we've both had our say on the topic. Folks can pick who they think might be closer to reality......if they really care, of course.

OF

OF,
Reactions: D33z
Top Bottom