vapor-icer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezleb

I would look to see if you get can get the vaporICER as an optional add on when people buy a vaporizer at various dealers.

Sort of like if you was buying a computer and you can select different options. Could be a great way to move some units if you can obtain such an arrangement.

Beezleb,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I like beez' idea.

Ok, you answered the one about cleaning. so a bit more in depth question.
can the vaporicer be opened up for a more thorough cleaning if one should choose to do so?

I like to harvest the condensed vapor that collects inside the vapor paths of the vapes I use. Being that this is cooling the vape I bet it would have a nice collection inside it after a long period.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

Regarding the cleaning Nicole, I know that many plastics and other materials don't take to kindly to being exposed to ISO in that it can be corrosive. Also, without really knowing what is inside (could be cooling jell of some sort, we just don't know), the not knowing is a bit of a concern.

lwien,

stinkmeaner

VaporICER said:
The VaporICER is so inexpensive compared to the vaporizers it supports that some people prefer replacing theirs once a year or so... However, it can be easily cleaned :)
I hope for your customers sake that this item is cleanable with traditional methods i.e. iso, 420 cleaner. etc. and will not degrade the device. That comment of yours kind of scared me, you made it sound to me as if the price of the Vaporicer ($50) is just so cheap that it can be replaced when in reality you can put that $50 towards a glass bubbler from a local artist that I can just attatch to a whip and it will keep its value and last virtually a lifetime.

stinkmeaner,

MagicMists

VaporICER said:
A few years passed, and he met the girl who has now become his fiancee. She quickly found his original VaporICER (about 2x bigger than the current VaporICER Blizzard that's on the market, and 4x bigger than the Black Diamond, and about 10x less attractive than either - we still have it on display in our office) in his freezer, and asked him what it was. When she heard what it did, tried it, loved it, and realized that nobody else made anything like it (the vapor rod requires a water-pipe and to be plugged into a wall) she spent several weeks convincing him to improve the design of, and publicize his invention.
I appreciate your responses as well as the questions being asked. Very informative thread so far!

It seems like your fiancee is a lucky guy! Thanks for helping get this out to a larger audience than just his/your friends.

MagicMists,

Konrad_Zuse

VaporICER said:
Hi again everyone!

First, I'd like to thank each and every one of you for creating such a passionate discussion of our product - being new, it's really exciting to see how many people genuinely care! Second, I'd like to send a SPECIAL THANK YOU to the OWNERS OF THIS FORUM who have extended their apologies and appreciations - we are grateful for your original invitation to take part in this discussion, and are more than happy to a part of this community. :)

Finally, I'd like to extend a PERSONAL thank you to illadelph, DevoTheStrange, lepstadder, stickstones, Noodles123, Frickr, Beezlab and lepstadder for understanding my intentions and answering some of the accusations against my honesty on this forum - I really appreciate your support, especially being brand new to this forum.

And, last but not least, I'd like to thank Ash, Iwien and Konrad_Zuse, for creating the challenges you've decided to create, for accusing my intentions of being dishonest, and for attempting to discredit the entire body of work that has been the dozens of questions I've answered here as well as VaporICER itself. Your comments have enlivened and extended the discussion, and whatever their intent, I appreciate the opportunity to be addressing you and your questions. (Iwien: I apologize for not responding to your profitability questions yesterday, and certainly didn't mean to pass up the "opportunity" you provided me with. I hope today isn't too late for you.)

Since there are so many topics being discussed now, ranging from water-pipes to printers and video games, I am going to address only one question in this post: the question relating to VaporICER's profitability.

1. IS VAPORICER A PROFITABLE VENTURE, AND IF NOT THEN WHY DOES IT EXIST?

Our group was started by a designer who was also a vaporizing enthusiast. He had created a VaporICER for himself after wanting to cool his Volcano Vapors, and used it every day. His friends would come over and ask "what IS that?" and when he told them it cooled his vapors, they all wanted to try it. A few years passed, and he met the girl who has now become his fiancee. She quickly found his original VaporICER (about 2x bigger than the current VaporICER Blizzard that's on the market, and 4x bigger than the Black Diamond, and about 10x less attractive than either - we still have it on display in our office) in his freezer, and asked him what it was. When she heard what it did, tried it, loved it, and realized that nobody else made anything like it (the vapor rod requires a water-pipe and to be plugged into a wall) she spent several weeks convincing him to improve the design of, and publicize his invention. That's our story.

Have we made a profit? Of course not - we've spent far more time and money on figuring out an attractive way to build and publicize this invention, than we have made back in the several hundred units sold in the past month or two that we've been "Live."

Would we like to make a profit? Obviously - every business is interested in becoming profitable at some point. If we were running this purely for fun, we would have made it a non-profit organization to which you can donate money. So yes, we are indeed selling a product. However, the inventor continues pouring in his own cash from his other businesses in order to sustain the VaporICER and keep it alive, because it IS fun, and our research shows that it MIGHT be the healthiest way to vaporize, so on top of the fun and the possible potential for profit, he feels (perhaps wrongly) a moral responsibility to sustain VaporICER and let it grow instead of shutting it down. This is not his primary business, nor is it currently making any profit.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have, and I'll gladly respond, as I am always at your service. :)

Thank you all again for your time and interest!

All my very best,

Nicole
VaporICER Customer Service
Vaporicer Innovation Group
Malibu, California 90265

Recent Media Coverage of VaporICER: www.vaporicer.com/feedback.html
Be our friend on MySpace: www.myspace.com/vaporicer
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/vaporicer
What research have you done that makes it seem like it's the "healthiest way to vaporize?" Where are the links, the facts?

Also what you said "Have we made a profit? Of course not - we've spent far more time and money on figuring out an attractive way to build and publicize this invention, than we have made back in the several hundred units sold in the past month or two that we've been "Live.""

Practically every business spends money on a new product, but in the end this product will produce more revenue and will, in the end, probably give you profit. Saying "We haven't made profit" well you're a new company to an industry, and like any new company you go through bumps, so saying "Yeah this is not profitable" is WAY different than saying "Yeah we spent a lot of time and money from other businesses of ours to start this thing." Besides that you're only what? 3 months old?

I also agree with what Stinkmeaner says.

Konrad_Zuse,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Let's leave all the profitable banter aside and stick to the product from here on out.

stickstones,

VaporICER

Customer Service
Manufacturer
Hi again everyone!

I'm noticing that the questions about the product's cleaning options and possible health benefits of using it, seem to be very interesting to many of you, so I'd like to answer them to the best of my ability:

VaporICER said:
(On page 1 of this discussion)

1. CLEANING THE VAPORICER

The VaporICER can be cleaned the same way any water-pipe, pipe, or vaporizer tube can be cleaned. You can run hot water, rubbing alcohol, or 420 Solution through it. From our testing, the need for cleaning is extremely rare, and when it does come around it's easy to do. The VaporICER is so inexpensive compared to the vaporizers it supports that some people prefer replacing theirs once a year or so... However, it can be easily cleaned :)

3. ARE THERE HEALTH BENEFITS OF USING THE VAPORICER IN ADDITION TO YOUR VAPORIZER?

We make no claims that the VaporICER is the healthiest option of vaporizing your herb, however every person who tries it seems to find it to be smoother and more pleasant than otherwise harsh, hot vapor. The following third-party research suggests that there may be health benefits, but we do not know for sure:

"Cold air is healthy, stimulating and curative in its effects..." (This Canadian Law requires that rooms have entrances for cold air to circulate through them: http://books.google.com/books?id=UH...mulating and curative in its effects"&f=false )

"Cold air inhalation during exercise diminishes elevation of Tre and suggests that both the intensity and duration of work can thus be extended." (This study also shows that breathing cold air calms your heart rate and extends your stamina: http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/abstract/64/6/2381 )

I hope I was able to answer your questions, and please feel free to ask more :)
I've gone ahead and underlined the parts on the quote above, that most directly answer the most recent questions I've noticed between all the discussions about the owner's personal life and our imperfect business model.

Please note above, that I've only said that SOME customers prefer replacing it instead of cleaning it, but cleaning is POSSIBLE AND EASY. Also, please note that I'm saying that there "MAY" be health benefits, and in another post I've said that the owner feels this "MIGHT" be the healthiest way - as underlined above, we can make no claims to that yet, however have provided you with the links to the supporting research and evidence for your own review and further research. If anybody finds any information that supports that Cold Air is Healthier (I've heard that it increases Oxygen intake, but haven't yet found the research that backs that doctor's statement), we would appreciate a link to it very much. We've also read that for people with Asthma, cold air might be a problem, so we certainly don't recommend using the VaporICER if you already have issues with cold air.

Beezleb said:
I would look to see if you get can get the vaporICER as an optional add on when people buy a vaporizer at various dealers.
Hi Beezleb: Thank you very much for the suggestion, we will contact our existing global distributors that are getting ready to launch marketing campaigns on their Vaporizing websites about this great idea, and will definitely suggest it to all future distributors as well. :)

To answer some of the other other questions I've noticed:

1. Yes, from my perspective the owner is indeed a "lucky guy," but I am (at least for now) totally single, and consider his fiancee to be a lucky girl as well. :)

2. Yes, the VaporICER can physically be broken apart to harvest condensed vapors (and after a year of use, the price of the VaporICER MIGHT be far lower than the value of those condensed vapors) it is not yet designed to be resealable after you break it open. So, since I've said that we DO offer a warranty in the form of making sure you are 100% satisfied and we would replace it for you if it breaks from intended use, breaking it open wouldn't qualify as "intended use." When we come up with some kind of design that can be opened and closed again, I will certainly let you all know first :)

3. Yes, the inside of the VaporICER uses a strategically arranged pattern (with the goal of creating the maximum possible cooling effect, and maximum possible stay-cool time after freezing) of 100% NON-TOXIC ice-gel packets that are individually enclosed in tear-proof plastic/rubber. If you know that a certain cleaning method will break that down, then I wouldn't recommend using it. However, hot water, rubbing alcohol and 420 solution should work just fine and has worked fun us in our testing. Once again, the need for cleaning seems to be very rare: For example, the original bulky funny prototype that the inventor came up with years ago, is still used by use regularly in the office, and has never had to be cleaned as it hasn't gotten dirty and hasn't created any aftertastes whatsoever.

Feel free to ask any more questions, suggest more awesome ideas, and we appreciate your time more than you know! Thank you all so much for your invaluable feedback, we will most certainly implement it!

All my best,

Nicole
VaporICER Customer Service
Malibu, California

VaporICER,

lwien

Nicole, being that one will eventually be broken open anyway, could you post up a pic of what it looks like on the inside?

Gel packs and rubber directly in the vapor path gives me a bit of a concern. Have no idea if that concern is valid though.

lwien,

VaporICER

Customer Service
Manufacturer
Iwien,

I completely understand that you're scared of the possible dangers related to inhaling anything. However, please rest assured that we've taken every measure possible to make sure that everything is 100% NON-TOXIC AND SAFE FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION. The ice-packs are made by a major trusted brand that is highly reputable for honesty, and you probably buy your food packaging from on a regular basis - they are designed to be safe when combined with food and little children.

If we have personally spent over $1000 on making sure that we personally only vaporize with the healthiest vaporizers on the market (based on actual detailed multi-year-long research studies), don't you think we share your concern about health??? So, of course we've made just as certain that the VaporICER only increases the likelihood of healthiness. Our #1 "Core Value" at this small company is HEALTH, and everyone who works with us in any way knows that from the first day they meet us.

Thank you for the suggestion to make a picture of the inside, we will include that in our photoshoot :)

Nicole

VaporICER,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Thank you Nicole for putting up with the poking & prodding here... I appreciate your answers to questions so far and look forward to see more about your product, it is intriguing!! I apologize that we may come across pushy/pokey here...new things tend to get a hard look but I think it is all with best intentions.

I still am a little hesitant about the cleaning with alcohol with the possiblilty of leaching of some materials with alcohol. Is there some information about the material construction which would alleviate the plastic leaching/alcohol fear?? Oh and I'm OCD so the idea of just not cleaning it.... not an option for me and I've found hot water never really dissolves the oils very well alone. Can't help my OCD :D

Thanks again and again we really appreciate your participation here and I wish you guys the best with your products!!

Lo,

Bananiq

VaporICER said:
...but I am (at least for now) totally single...
And it's time for my win question: How old re you Nicole? :D

To be not so offtopic here, I would like to mention that I've never seen such willingness to undergo a interrogation and to give such elaborated answers by a manufacturer. Maybe to avoid repeated questions you could take a moment and post all FAQs in the first post, that might work:) EDIT: I just realized you didn't start this thread so that might be an issue:/
Anyway vaporicer looks very tempting!

Bananiq,

Lo

2. Yes, the VaporICER can physically be broken apart to harvest condensed vapors (and after a year of use, the price of the VaporICER MIGHT be far lower than the value of those condensed vapors) it is not yet designed to be resealable after you break it open. So, since I've said that we DO offer a warranty in the form of making sure you are 100% satisfied and we would replace it for you if it breaks from intended use, breaking it open wouldn't qualify as "intended use." When we come up with some kind of design that can be opened and closed again, I will certainly let you all know first
Hey Devo... I think she did mention that it can't be put back together once broken open..

LMAO at Banniq! Good luck picking up a date here ;)

Lo,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
VaporICER said:
2. Yes, the VaporICER can physically be broken apart to harvest condensed vapors (and after a year of use, the price of the VaporICER MIGHT be far lower than the value of those condensed vapors) it is not yet designed to be resealable after you break it open. So, since I've said that we DO offer a warranty in the form of making sure you are 100% satisfied and we would replace it for you if it breaks from intended use, breaking it open wouldn't qualify as "intended use." When we come up with some kind of design that can be opened and closed again, I will certainly let you all know first :)

3. Yes, the inside of the VaporICER uses a strategically arranged pattern (with the goal of creating the maximum possible cooling effect, and maximum possible stay-cool time after freezing) of 100% NON-TOXIC ice-gel packets that are individually enclosed in tear-proof plastic/rubber. If you know that a certain cleaning method will break that down, then I wouldn't recommend using it. However, hot water, rubbing alcohol and 420 solution should work just fine and has worked fun us in our testing. Once again, the need for cleaning seems to be very rare: For example, the original bulky funny prototype that the inventor came up with years ago, is still used by use regularly in the office, and has never had to be cleaned as it hasn't gotten dirty and hasn't created any aftertastes whatsoever.
I am not liking the fact once it is open it can't be closed again.
how much of the Ice Packs physically touch the air path? is it designed in such away that the Ice Packets avoid being in the air path but still cool the vapor?
I don't think it would be an issue if the ice packets were cooling the casing and vapor path going through the device in such a way that the packets touch the outer diameter of the vapor path and not the inner diameter.
I'm with lo on the fact hot water is a no go. I tend to use solvents (EverClear, ISO alcohol, Hexane) so chemical leaching from the product is a concern

From the way you describe it, I don't think a proper cleaning will actually be entirely possible. Vapor gets into the nooks and crannies of mostly anything it flows through.

Yeah thanks lo, I realized my mistake

DevoTheStrange,

Bananiq

lo said:
:D no chance dude, maybe If I own some hyperspeed-vapeshuttle. Anyway It is always fun to meet some vape-fan-girls :) although it's zero chance in my perimeter

Bananiq,

lwien

Bananiq said:
lwien said:
lo said:
:) At least he didn't ask what her sign was.
cmon the intention was just to stir up the serious-mood flowing here. :cool:
Comon, my intention with that post was the same as yours. Just pokin' a bit o fun, that's all.

lwien,

Lo

:) It's all good Bananiq... I actually thought it was kind of funny....and FYI I am a dudette :D

Okay so back to topic at hand... I am thinking along Devo's line of thought...maybe next generation of these devices could incorporate the cooling chamber to be surrounding a tube of some sort that would be removeable for cleaning and hopefully made of a material which can safely be soaked in alcohols without the leaching concerns. My brain stays too active....just initial thoughts so don't mind me!!

Funny that after smoking for decades now I worry about what I'm inhaling....go figure!! The same thing can be found on the e-cig forums as well. Quit smoking and then all the smokers become health nuts LOL!

Lo,

lwien

lo said:
...maybe next generation of these devices could incorporate the cooling chamber to be surrounding a tube of some sort that would be removeable for cleaning and hopefully made of a material which can safely be soaked in alcohols without the leaching concerns.
There ya go. Great idea.

lo said:
Funny that after smoking for decades now I worry about what I'm inhaling....go figure!! The same thing can be found on the e-cig forums as well. Quit smoking and then all the smokers become health nuts LOL!
Yup, 'cause we're now trying to counter all of the years of self-abuse.

Considering all the shit I've ingested over the years, it's fucking amazing that I'm still alive.

lwien,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I can see where cleaning and harvesting is probably not an issue. This thing goes at the end of the vapor path, and most of the honey is loaded at the front end. Any time I clean my tube, there is not much to be gained by going after the mouth end of the tube.

I would not be worried from a health perspective for the same reason. The vapor just isn't that hot at the end of the path. Now taste is a different issue, but I doubt they would have brought a product to market that would taint vapor with a rubber taste.

stickstones,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom