vapor-icer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konrad_Zuse

lepstadder said:
Was not directed as a slight to anyone just saying that this person has answered a bunch of questions already and dont wast her time with silly questions, ones that have already been asked before( i mean the thread is only 2 pages long
Also how does it "cool" our vapor? Do we have to put it into the freezer or does it have it's own cooling system? Seems small to have it's own system. If it does how it is run? Batteries?
and rhetorical ones that are a waste of time
If manufacturing and selling a product is not profitable for you, than why are you doing it?
I mean no offense to anyone

just trying to say that this company has, in a very short amount of time responded promptly and thoroughly to everyone

my two
Because it's a question that needed to be asked, that is all, you shouldn't post if it's going to be hating on someone. No one even did anything to her, especially not me, so focus your comments elsewhere.

Konrad_Zuse,

itriplots

Vapor-icer, its already been asked, but im not sure if it was addressed: how does one go about cleaning the vapor-icer? And, are condensed vapors easily harvested? Also, does the little bit of water condensation you mentioned earlier have any chance of running down the tube, back into the vaporizer? Im wondering if would it work directly on top of a vaporizer like the PD or MZ or herbalaire (vapes without tubing), without water running into the bowl?

itriplots,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I'm wondering is there a gel inside that freezes like a cold pack??? Just curious! Looks interesting.

Lo,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i think we as the FC community need to stop interrogating new manufacturers like the FBI. it gives us a really scary tone and not very welcoming. it could even lead to these manufacturers not wanting to come on and give us insight into their products. who cares if they make a profit or not, does that translate into product quality or customer service quality. i think the customer service part has already been fulfilled to a satisfactory level. hopefully i can be one of the first to review these things as i am very interested in what this product may have to offer. let me just remind people how a 10 page flamefest went on for the woodeez vape which ended up being for no reason. ask questions in a way that is not derrogatory or offensive and you will get straight answers. :2c:

/rant.

illadelph,

lwien

illadelph said:
who cares if they make a profit or not
I asked that question in response to this......... "So it's not a big business money-making proposition, in fact its not even profitable. Each is hand-made in Malibu for YOU, a lot like Volcano's hand-making process. We're just providing a way to vaporize as comfortably as possible to the international vaporizing community".

Call me cynical, but I don't believe this. I don't believe that they are producing this product out of the kindness of their hearts purely for charity. I believe that they are coming to market with this product for the same reasons that 99.999999% of other products that come to market, and that is to turn a profit.

So...........my reason for asking the question was to shine some light on the validity of her other answers because if she was not forthright on this, then, to me, it brings into question all of the other answers that she so kindly provided.

It just sounded like silly marketing hype, (notice the caps in YOU, in the quote above), so I asked and gave her the opportunity to possibly explain that what she meant was that it wasn't turning a profit now, but they expect it to in the very near future, but that's not what she said.

You're right. I could care less if they make a profit or not. But, I would think that we would all want to know if, in fact, all of her answers to us were truthful and that was my reason for asking this.

lwien,

Beezleb

In truth Iwien, it would depend on their business plan and model. It is not odd or out of character for a company to go into business knowing due to their initial investment it will take a period of time until they can reach profitability. This is what likely is the case and they put a nice spin on it. keep in mind, if this is the case the time period until they can reach profitability could take some time, if they survive.

No need to paint them in a negative light. Let their product do the talking and lets take it from their. So far, we have no idea if this item works or not as we do not have any independent reviews but will likely be just a matter of time.

Indeed if the product does work as advertised, I believe the product will find a market.

Beezleb,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Beezleb said:
In truth Iwien, it would depend on their business plan and model. It is not odd or out of character for a company to go into business knowing due to their initial investment it will take a period of time until they can reach profitability. This is what likely is the case and they put a nice spin on it. keep in mind, if this is the case the time period until they can reach profitability could take some time, if they survive.

No need to paint them in a negative light. Let their product do the talking and lets take it from their. So far, we have no idea if this item works or not as we do not have any independent reviews but will likely be just a matter of time.

Indeed if the product does work as advertised, I believe the product will find a market.
true look at playstation 3, every unit sold is considered a loss

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

Beezleb said:
In truth Iwien, it would depend on their business plan and model. It is not odd or out of character for a company to go into business knowing due to their initial investment it will take a period of time until they can reach profitability.
Yes, I realize that and mentioned that above when I stated, "It just sounded like silly marketing hype, (notice the caps in YOU, in the quote above), so I asked and gave her the opportunity to possibly explain that what she meant was that it wasn't turning a profit now, but they expect it to in the very near future, but that's not what she said."

Anyways, I just wanted to provide here a reason why I asked the question in the first place.

lwien,

lwien

DevoTheStrange said:
Beezleb said:

true look at playstation 3, every unit sold is considered a loss
But that's because SONY actually makes money on the other products that they sell. It's not unusual for companies to lose money on hardware so that they can make money on software and software licensing. Hell, look at the printer business. They lose big time on the printers so that they can make a ton on ink cartridges.
Sony also gets a lot of brand awareness marketing from their PS3 which translates into profit for their other product lines.

Different animal than a company whose ONLY product is not making a profit.

lwien,

Konrad_Zuse

lwien said:
illadelph said:
who cares if they make a profit or not
I asked that question in response to this......... "So it's not a big business money-making proposition, in fact its not even profitable. Each is hand-made in Malibu for YOU, a lot like Volcano's hand-making process. We're just providing a way to vaporize as comfortably as possible to the international vaporizing community".

Call me cynical, but I don't believe this. I don't believe that they are producing this product out of the kindness of their hearts purely for charity. I believe that they are coming to market with this product for the same reasons that 99.999999% of other products that come to market, and that is to turn a profit.

So...........my reason for asking the question was to shine some light on the validity of her other answers because if she was not forthright on this, then, to me, it brings into question all of the other answers that she so kindly provided.

It just sounded like silly marketing hype, (notice the caps in YOU, in the quote above), so I asked and gave her the opportunity to possibly explain that what she meant was that it wasn't turning a profit now, but they expect it to in the very near future, but that's not what she said.

You're right. I could care less if they make a profit or not. But, I would think that we would all want to know if, in fact, all of her answers to us were truthful and that was my reason for asking this.
I was going to say the same thing :). If false information is given on one thing, is the rest false as well?

Also I doubt the PS3 lost them money at all. a 600$ system probably cost a lot less to make, I don't know where you heard about this.

About printers, they are cheaply made too, and yes ink is where they get you, but they don't lose money.

Konrad_Zuse,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Konrad_Zuse said:
Also I doubt the PS3 lost them money at all. a 600$ system probably cost a lot less to make, I don't know where you heard about this.

About printers, they are cheaply made too, and yes ink is where they get you, but they don't lose money.
Its common knowledge that the PS3 costs more to produce than it is sold for, look it up. Sony even admits this. All the money they are making is off the games and the online content and downloads. And the profit off of the games/controllers/downloads makes up for the lost profit on the consoles.

Originally the $600 cost $700 to produce. Sony also admitted the new PS3 Slim (retail of $300) costs 330 to produce. They are putting all their eggs in what can be used with the PS3. Games, Blu Ray Discs, various controllers, headsets...

it is profitable to produce something at a loss if that product opens up a market for products other than itself. its all about the accessories

DevoTheStrange,

VaporICER

Customer Service
Manufacturer
Hi again everyone!

First, I'd like to thank each and every one of you for creating such a passionate discussion of our product - being new, it's really exciting to see how many people genuinely care! Second, I'd like to send a SPECIAL THANK YOU to the OWNERS OF THIS FORUM who have extended their apologies and appreciations - we are grateful for your original invitation to take part in this discussion, and are more than happy to a part of this community. :)

Finally, I'd like to extend a PERSONAL thank you to illadelph, DevoTheStrange, lepstadder, stickstones, Noodles123, Frickr, Beezlab and lepstadder for understanding my intentions and answering some of the accusations against my honesty on this forum - I really appreciate your support, especially being brand new to this forum.

And, last but not least, I'd like to thank Ash, Iwien and Konrad_Zuse, for creating the challenges you've decided to create, for accusing my intentions of being dishonest, and for attempting to discredit the entire body of work that has been the dozens of questions I've answered here as well as VaporICER itself. Your comments have enlivened and extended the discussion, and whatever their intent, I appreciate the opportunity to be addressing you and your questions. (Iwien: I apologize for not responding to your profitability questions yesterday, and certainly didn't mean to pass up the "opportunity" you provided me with. I hope today isn't too late for you.)

Since there are so many topics being discussed now, ranging from water-pipes to printers and video games, I am going to address only one question in this post: the question relating to VaporICER's profitability.

1. IS VAPORICER A PROFITABLE VENTURE, AND IF NOT THEN WHY DOES IT EXIST?

Our group was started by a designer who was also a vaporizing enthusiast. He had created a VaporICER for himself after wanting to cool his Volcano Vapors, and used it every day. His friends would come over and ask "what IS that?" and when he told them it cooled his vapors, they all wanted to try it. A few years passed, and he met the girl who has now become his fiancee. She quickly found his original VaporICER (about 2x bigger than the current VaporICER Blizzard that's on the market, and 4x bigger than the Black Diamond, and about 10x less attractive than either - we still have it on display in our office) in his freezer, and asked him what it was. When she heard what it did, tried it, loved it, and realized that nobody else made anything like it (the vapor rod requires a water-pipe and to be plugged into a wall) she spent several weeks convincing him to improve the design of, and publicize his invention. That's our story.

Have we made a profit? Of course not - we've spent far more time and money on figuring out an attractive way to build and publicize this invention, than we have made back in the several hundred units sold in the past month or two that we've been "Live."

Would we like to make a profit? Obviously - every business is interested in becoming profitable at some point. If we were running this purely for fun, we would have made it a non-profit organization to which you can donate money. So yes, we are indeed selling a product. However, the inventor continues pouring in his own cash from his other businesses in order to sustain the VaporICER and keep it alive, because it IS fun, and our research shows that it MIGHT be the healthiest way to vaporize, so on top of the fun and the possible potential for profit, he feels (perhaps wrongly) a moral responsibility to sustain VaporICER and let it grow instead of shutting it down. This is not his primary business, nor is it currently making any profit.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have, and I'll gladly respond, as I am always at your service. :)

Thank you all again for your time and interest!

All my very best,

Nicole
VaporICER Customer Service
Vaporicer Innovation Group
Malibu, California 90265

Recent Media Coverage of VaporICER: www.vaporicer.com/feedback.html
Be our friend on MySpace: www.myspace.com/vaporicer
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/vaporicer

VaporICER,

lwien

VaporICER said:
(Iwien: I apologize for not responding to your profitability questions yesterday, and certainly didn't mean to pass up the "opportunity" you provided me with. I hope today isn't too late for you.)
Not too late at all, Nicole, and I thank you for your response.

We're a pretty tough crowd here, and there are a few of us, especially myself, who may take a cynical view on things. Personally, I think that is one of the reasons that makes this site as good as it is, for it holds manufacturers accountable for their product and marketing practices.

You've been extremely thorough and timely in your responses and, may I say, brave, for standing up to what may be viewed as an onslaught to your products marketing, and your communication here is commendable.

Thank you again.

lwien,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Nicole,

Thanks for coming here and answering all these questions in such thorough form. Everyone here knows how long it takes to post the kind of responses you do, and your efforts are not lost on me. Don't worry about making long posts...they are not required reading. What lwien says above is correct...if you can handle him, then you will be fine here!

Every manufacturer thread here starts out with some poking and prodding (I should have warned you!), but those that make it through prove themselves to be good products and companies. See the magicflight launchbox thread for how to handle this crowd well. Thanks again for the great job here!

Finally...how do you clean this thing? That seems to be the question getting lost in the shuffle.

stickstones,

lwien

stickstones said:
What lwien says above is correct...if you can handle him, then you will be fine here!
:uhoh:.....................:lol:

Now that got a chuckle.

lwien,

Konrad_Zuse

VaporICER said:
Hi again everyone!

First, I'd like to thank each and every one of you for creating such a passionate discussion of our product - being new, it's really exciting to see how many people genuinely care! Second, I'd like to send a SPECIAL THANK YOU to the OWNERS OF THIS FORUM who have extended their apologies and appreciations - we are grateful for your original invitation to take part in this discussion, and are more than happy to a part of this community. :)

Finally, I'd like to extend a PERSONAL thank you to illadelph, DevoTheStrange, lepstadder, stickstones, Noodles123, Frickr, Beezlab and lepstadder for understanding my intentions and answering some of the accusations against my honesty on this forum - I really appreciate your support, especially being brand new to this forum.

And, last but not least, I'd like to thank Ash, Iwien and Konrad_Zuse, for creating the challenges you've decided to create, for accusing my intentions of being dishonest, and for attempting to discredit the entire body of work that has been the dozens of questions I've answered here as well as VaporICER itself. Your comments have enlivened and extended the discussion, and whatever their intent, I appreciate the opportunity to be addressing you and your questions. (Iwien: I apologize for not responding to your profitability questions yesterday, and certainly didn't mean to pass up the "opportunity" you provided me with. I hope today isn't too late for you.)

Since there are so many topics being discussed now, ranging from water-pipes to printers and video games, I am going to address only one question in this post: the question relating to VaporICER's profitability.

1. IS VAPORICER A PROFITABLE VENTURE, AND IF NOT THEN WHY DOES IT EXIST?

Our group was started by a designer who was also a vaporizing enthusiast. He had created a VaporICER for himself after wanting to cool his Volcano Vapors, and used it every day. His friends would come over and ask "what IS that?" and when he told them it cooled his vapors, they all wanted to try it. A few years passed, and he met the girl who has now become his fiancee. She quickly found his original VaporICER (about 2x bigger than the current VaporICER Blizzard that's on the market, and 4x bigger than the Black Diamond, and about 10x less attractive than either - we still have it on display in our office) in his freezer, and asked him what it was. When she heard what it did, tried it, loved it, and realized that nobody else made anything like it (the vapor rod requires a water-pipe and to be plugged into a wall) she spent several weeks convincing him to improve the design of, and publicize his invention. That's our story.

Have we made a profit? Of course not - we've spent far more time and money on figuring out an attractive way to build and publicize this invention, than we have made back in the several hundred units sold in the past month or two that we've been "Live."

Would we like to make a profit? Obviously - every business is interested in becoming profitable at some point. If we were running this purely for fun, we would have made it a non-profit organization to which you can donate money. So yes, we are indeed selling a product. However, the inventor continues pouring in his own cash from his other businesses in order to sustain the VaporICER and keep it alive, because it IS fun, and our research shows that it MIGHT be the healthiest way to vaporize, so on top of the fun and the possible potential for profit, he feels (perhaps wrongly) a moral responsibility to sustain VaporICER and let it grow instead of shutting it down. This is not his primary business, nor is it currently making any profit.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have, and I'll gladly respond, as I am always at your service. :)

Thank you all again for your time and interest!

All my very best,

Nicole
Malibu, California 90265

Recent media coverage of VaporICER: www.vaporicer.com/press.html
I would like to say I have in NO WAY accused you of anything. I asked you questions, and you gave me answers, and I appreciated everything. You maybe didn't understand what I was asking from the way I asked it, because typing is hard to tell what a person means, but what I said, and I quote "If manufacturing and selling a product is not profitable for you, than why are you doing it?" I was asking it as a normal question, not a smart assed question. I wanted to know why, maybe it's something you enjoy, maybe it's something you wanted to share with the world and were doing it out of kindness. I also said stuff about warranties and returns, I as a customer like to see that on a product, so that's why I asked you about it. I am a concerned buyer, nothing against you, it's what buyers like to see. As some people already said this site is reputable and there are a lot of serious vapists out here. It is also general business like I mentioned before. I still don't know how I was a "challenge" when everything I asked you answered nicely, and seemed to not care, and I appreciated everything, and it seemed good.

Konrad_Zuse,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
stickstones said:
Finally...how do you clean this thing? That seems to be the question getting lost in the shuffle.
I noticed that one got over looked too. I am very interested in the answer to this.

DevoTheStrange,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Frickr said:
well the smaller one work with a pd tube? or how exactly do these hook to the tubes?
To hook this up to a PD tube you are going to need a small piece of tubing that will connect the pd tube and the vaporicer together. The dashes being the pd / vaporicer and the equal sign being the tubing.

---=---

Survivalism,

VaporICER

Customer Service
Manufacturer
Hey Everyone!

I noticed a lot of your are asking about cleaning it and saying the issue is overlooked, so I wanted to refer back to the answer on Page 1 of this thread:

VaporICER said:
Hey Iwien!

Great questions! Here are the answers:

1. CLEANING THE VAPORICER

The VaporICER can be cleaned the same way any water-pipe, pipe, or vaporizer tube can be cleaned. You can run hot water, rubbing alcohol, or 420 Solution through it. From our testing, the need for cleaning is extremely rare, and when it does come around it's easy to do. The VaporICER is so inexpensive compared to the vaporizers it supports that some people [might] prefer replacing theirs once a year or so... However, it can be easily cleaned :)
I hope that answers the question for everyone, and please feel free to ask more details if this is confusing.

Thanks again to everyone for your participation and amazing suggestions about how to make this a more easily understandable product/invention - we will make absolutely certain to accommodate the great ideas you've shared as quickly as we can, and appreciate them VERY much! If I have somehow irritated anyone, I apologize and didn't mean to do that, just trying to answer questions as quickly as possible. :)

We're looking very much forward to implementing all your great suggestions and I certainly hope that we can all get along well since we're all here for the same reason - to be 100% confident that we're using the best Vaporizers and Vaporizing accessories available on earth.

Nicole
Malibu, California 90265

Recent Media Coverage of VaporICER: www.vaporicer.com/feedback.html

VaporICER,

Ash

vaporist
VaporICER said:
And, last but not least, I'd like to thank Ash, Iwien and Konrad_Zuse, for creating the challenges you've decided to create, for accusing my intentions of being dishonest, and for attempting to discredit the entire body of work that has been the dozens of questions I've answered here as well as VaporICER itself. Your comments have enlivened and extended the discussion, and whatever their intent, I appreciate the opportunity to be addressing you and your questions.
OK, I know I should let this go, and I was trying to be nice in my last post. And, I promise, this will be my last word on the subject. . . I was not accusing you of being dishonest. I know there is marketing talk and there is real talk. It has always been my understanding that, here at FC, we prefer the latter. I was attempting to point out the difference between the two, and that that some of your comments seemed to be of the former.

I think I'm probably like a lot of folks here, who found this site only after spending hours on other sites filled with fake reviews from a supposedly devoted user base. After wading through all that crap, I finally found this site. I was lucky in that I didn't make my first purchase before finding FC. I know a lot of people do buy first and find FC later, and that is surely frustrating.

I'm straying off topic here, so let me get back to my point. If you did not agree that there was some truth to my comments, you would not have edited your original post when you quoted yourself later on.
The VaporICER is so inexpensive compared to the vaporizers it supports that some people prefer replacing theirs once a year or so...
to:
The VaporICER is so inexpensive compared to the vaporizers it supports that some people [might] prefer replacing theirs once a year or so...
I was not accusing you of being dishonest. I was trying to point out that you seemed to coming on a bit strong with the marketing speak. I do see that you are trying hard to do a good job, and as someone who also has a job, I think this speaks highly of your character.

Ash,

VaporICER

Customer Service
Manufacturer
Hi Ash,

The editing you point out is actually English grammar; when quoting something and adding a word that wans't originally there, you put the new word in square brackets. By saying "[might]" in my re-post, I was specifically saying that I didn't say the word "might" the first time.

I share your appreciation of this Forum and its uniqueness, and thank you for your kind words about my character. Everyone here at VaporICER is very excited about all of the FC Member's comments since each pretty much has a great suggestion of how to improve our product. We even started an "FC Members' Ideas Action List" which includes, in order of priority all the great ideas in this thread, and there are dozens!

Thanks again!

Nicole

VaporICER,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom