vapor-icer

Status
Not open for further replies.

steiner666

Serial vapist
This looks like a very interesting product. I'm sure i'll pick one up if the reviews here are favorable. Sometimes i prefer taking whip hits instead of busting out the bong and filling it up with water and ice because they're usually more consistent and easier to control, but then i miss the smoothness of vape-bonging. I would say that this is great for traveling (and it still is compared to my 2ft tall bong), but then i realized i don't usually take a freezer around with me to places lol

steiner666,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
Lo said:
Finally!! We have a guinea pig... Thank you Agent!! We shall await your full report!
my pleasure Lo; it's a way to give something back to this site because it has given so much to me, and it has the potential to be a handy accessory.

AgentofChaos,

Beezleb

AgentofChaos said:
My excitement got the best of me and I just placed an order for the small black one. I will take detailed photos and give it a descriptive review after I hook it up to my SSV whenever it arrives.
I look forward to your impression/review

Beezleb,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
me too, chaos...looking ofrward to what you think.

to all involved -- I see no reason for the beligerent discussion. Keep it nice or go to another thread.

Nicole -- how long does it stay cool for travel?

stickstones,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
so far so good, they shipped the order a few hours after I placed it! i also decided to buy some 15" tubing so i could test the ICER's portability with my iolite.

AgentofChaos,

VapeWorld

vapor.com (formerly VapeWorld.com)
Retailer
I actually had the opportunity to try out both models from Vaporicer. They both do the same thing employ a cooling pack of some sort with 2 ends that will fit most silicone tubing. It fit my Vaporfection tubing perfectly.

The larger metal one works really well - I used it with my Vaporfection Stealth II as my mouthpiece instead of the normal much more expensive Aqua Vape http://www.vapeworld.com/accessories/vaporfection-aqua-vape-inline-vapor-cooler and got super cool vapor that tasted like refreshing air but I couldnt really taste my herb, like I would with a mouthpiece or my Aqua Vape. So not sure if that would be considered a downfall but you can definitely take monster vapor hits without coughing through the Vaporicer much bigger than with my Aqua Vape.

The large Vaporicer has a metal type of smell - kind of like parts on a car if youre a gear head or weights at a gym but I'm sure you could just wash it and probably remove that smell - I was just too lazy. It is kind of bulky and does rely on you planning to keep it in the Freezer before use, so if you live with your parents or don't have access to a freezer - ie: dorm room; then it probably won't do you any good.

Going from an Aqua Vape - I still like the purifying abilities of the Water/Bubbling and it also lets me know how hard I'm inhaling and taste my herb, thats IMO - but if you are going from a normal mouthpiece this will blow you away! Super cold vapor every time.

I'm not sure if any of you have hit your vaporizer outside, at least with the Iolite, which usually doesnt show too much vapor on exhale but when it's cold outside you exhale a ton of vapor almost like your smoking just because you can see it better due to the temp outside - using this reminded of that exactly.

The smaller plastic Vaporicer would be great for the dorm room fridges that have a freezer that is 1" x 1" (sarcastically) but you know they are super small or people with smaller hands (joke) The plastic smaller one is less daunting for people to use it I refer mostly to girls Ill bring around vaporizers for the first time they always seem intimidated with bulkier vape equipment, ie: The Predator mouthpiece. Because it is plastic the outside wont be soo cold to hold in your hand and can be hidden much easier.

Anyways didnt mean to still anyones thunder on the awaiting review just thought Id throw my 2 cents in since I just got finish reviewing these for Vaporicer. Vape World is still on the fence on carrying them due to the price point $50 and $25 but we are considering the smaller one as an option for people who are interested. Overall I think they are an amazing idea for as simple as they are and they work great too. If you have been using just a mouthpiece you need to try out at least the smaller, less expensive black Vaporicer.

VapeWorld,

lwien

Yeah. I had to think twice about posting up that link, especially being that I have been so hard on Nicole in the past, but this is a vaporizer forum where people come to get opinions on various products along with various techniques in being able to get the best vapor hits possible, so it is in that vain that I posted up that link.

I too always thought that cooling down vapor was the way to go, but considering my very positive experiences, as well as others, of using hot water in an effort to add warm moisture to your vapor, it does seriously bring into question why one would want to cool their vapor down in the first place.

lwien,

stinac

lwien said:
Yeah. I had to think twice about posting up that link, especially being that I have been so hard on Nicole in the past, but this is a vaporizer forum where people come to get opinions on various products along with various techniques in being able to get the best vapor hits possible, so it is in that vain that I posted up that link.

I too always thought that cooling down vapor was the way to go, but considering my very positive experiences, as well as others, of using hot water in an effort to add warm moisture to your vapor, it does seriously bring into question why one would want to cool their vapor down in the first place.
thank you very much for that link!!!!

stinac,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
Ok so I finally got the opportunity to test out the vapor-ICER last night and as promised took some pictures and will share with you all my thoughts. I will give them an A+ for shipping, I ordered it last Fri. and received it Mon. In e-mail from the company thanking me for my order, they mentioned I would be receiving some additional goodies so I couldnt wait to open the box and see what was awaiting me. Inside the box (which was discreetly shipped as Nicole said) were three small items tightly wrapped in bubble wrap. A plastic flask, a small plastic container for storing your preferred smoking material, and the vapor-ICER itself.
img0540b.jpg
img0542x.jpg
img0543g.jpg
I carefully checked out each item and grew more skeptical as the moments went on; for starters after opening the container I caught a hint of herb in the air and sure enough, there was some shake inside!
img0544z.jpg
If you look closely you can see the few remaining herb crumbs. I was pretty surprised (and slightly disappointed there wasnt more :brow:) The flask feels just like an empty container of bubbles, very cheap and thin plastic, I dont really drink anyways but I couldnt see the relation to vaporizing and liquor?
img0547x.jpg
Now on to the real reason you all are reading this, the vapor-ICER itself. They recommend it freezing it for at least 8 hours before use, mine had been in there for a few days so I know it would be ready to go. I hooked it up to my whip and took a long big hit from my SSV and my immediate impression was that this thing works well.
img0546iu.jpg
I took 2-3 more hits to let the herb get hot enough and I still was getting cool smooth hits. After my 4th or so hit I realized they werent as satisfying as they generally are so I took a long draw from the ICER and sure enough there was vapor still left inside. I finished up my session making sure to take harder and faster hits so not to waste any vapor and the unit continued to cool the vapor but the experience was not really that enjoyable. You dont get the full flavor and because the air flow is slightly constricted you can't really gauge the size of the hit. My new Iolite with the 15" tubing is arriving in the mail today so I will test it out on the go. I don't want to completely knock it because it does what it says it does: it cools the hit. It is small enough that it would be great for taking it with you camping or tailgating at a concert. I am going to give this thing some time and see if it grows on me, but for right now I would stick with the bong.

AgentofChaos,

Raf007

Retailer
lwien said:
Just because of different people and different taste ;)

Plus I m not really sure about your hot water thing as I will report soon in the right thread. :D

Raf007,

VaporICER

Customer Service
Manufacturer
Hey Everyone,

Thanks to VapeWorld and AgentOfChaos for the positive reviews! Now everyone can finally know once and for all that the VaporICER indeed does what it says it does - cools and smooths vapor hits :)

Thanks also to Iwien for the link to heating vapor through tubes and waterpipes for a sauna-like effect. I think it's a matter of taste like Raf007 said above - some people like it cool, and others like it warm. For those who like it cool, you'll enjoy the portable pocket-sized easier-to-use VaporICER as it requires no tubing, no additional accessories, and no water.

In addition, there are at least two pieces of outside research (see earlier posts in this same discussion) that say that colder air is healthier for you, however that's not something we are experts on - just secondary research by global organizations that are saying things like "cold air is healthy and curative in its effects" and that you can have more endurance and energy when breathing cold air as opposed to warm air.

As for the freebies AgentOfChaos metioned - yes, the nontoxic flask is very light and plastic with a little window so you can see how much water/juice/drink-of-choice you have left (the whole point of it is that it can go through metal detectors for concerts, etc.) however it's just another promo item we give out to people who are interested. If you didn't like it, we apologize and feel free to throw it out, but then again it was included for free. ;) And the airtight, lightproof, shatterproof stash jar is very good at keeping your herb of choice moist, fresh, and glass-free for those of us who sometimes drop glass jars. Again, these are free gifts that AgentOfChaos got, and have no direct relation to the VaporICER, its quality or its functionality.

Thanks again for the positive reviews and for confirming that the VaporICER does what it says it does!

Have a great weekend!

Nicole

VaporICER,

Clever User name

The eyes have one language everywhere
When visiting the Fuck combustion CHAT i usually peruse the forum's threads till things get going on in CHAT. I happened upon the vaporicer discussion......http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2093.

OK, sounds like a neat idea, but not sold...gonna wait till for someone else to get one first. I had just ice bonged my Zephyr for the first time. Until.... my cat got caught in the curtains and upon an abrupt rescue i dumped the bong over on my newly installed wool Berber carpet. It was way cleaner than back in the day, i only had four ice cubes in it. ....but still this can not happen again...vaporicer SOLD! No more spilled water pipes...Ordered it the very hour....Feb.6th .They say their website states a four week wait period,i overlooked it, but Nicole promptly emailed me back that they were working on a huge order they were assembling and i was on the list...Finally received it march 10th...Look at the pictures for your self. They sent a cash 5 dollar rebate for mentioning fuckcombustion.com..... next is the description from the website.......

"THE ALL-INCLUSIVE VAPORICER AVALANCHE PACKAGE:
Includes Everything | Transportable | Stylish & Classy
The best of all worlds, the VaporICER AVALANCHE
brings you the entire collection of the world's best
Vapor Cooling Systems. Inside a custom-fit metal
case, you get the ice-cold VaporICER BLIZZARD
the pocket-sized VaporICER BLACK DIAMOND,
& extra mouthpieces, making it a perfect gift.
Comes with keys & a shatterproof stash jar. "
all for 100.00, plus 19.95 shipping.

I received items and have learned that when free stuff is included with your purchase you have probably paid for them. A flask was included for free that had gunk on it, sticky glue or powdered donut residue?The quality I was expecting was not met. First impression of the metal vaporicer.... feels thin and has rough edges. The little plastic vaporicer was two little plastic funnels. I felt taken but chucked it off as research for my favorite website fuckcombustion.com. The greasy plastic accessories were dirty and the stash jar had particles in it.... hairs of animal and vegetable., has my vaporicer been used ? I was grossed out and did not use it for a week...So after chilling out and cleaning all the pieces I threw it in the freezer. After about 2 weeks i remembered to take it out for a try, with stash from a secret garden...mmmmmmmm very nice, loved it! Fits awkwardly in the Zephyr Ion Vaporizer mouthpiece because the funnel was not rounded or crimped together symmetrically, but i made it work......We all agreed it had it's charm. Ok, now to see how they make it, is it really a craft project for 5 dollars? Yes it very well could be constructed at home with a few items.... 2 funnels, a freezer pack sized to fit in your funnels, electrical type like tape, a pastry tip and glue. Gotta hand it to them for coming up with and going through with this idea, it does do what it says, cools and smooths vapor hits. If anyone would like to test these pieces for lead, bpa, quality, body fluids,or just get a closer look Send me your address and what piece you would like to test and i will send them out to the scientists we have on board...since i can make my own now i will share....thanks for reading see y'all round the forums.

pictures....

dsc02211dc.jpg

dsc02213re.jpg

dsc02214y.jpg

dsc02215.jpg

dsc02220k.jpg

dsc02222a.jpg

dsc02224.jpg

dsc02223n.jpg

dsc02218do.jpg

dsc02225y.jpg

dsc02226rj.jpg

Modnote: Backup copies of the remaining images are below:
VAU68IL.jpg

zsoCT7I.jpg

9xdmYMu.jpg

oROW4eX.jpg

UKpf39Y.jpg

keHeDaS.jpg

2IFZ7DI.jpg

2wmWk9o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
That is too funny, it is literally two funnels with a freezer pack inside, stuck together with tape LOL. Pictures were great. It takes some good marketing to sell that now that the cat is out of the bag.

DeepFried,

tokenitup

I feel really bad for you Clever, I too have been deceived by good marketing schemes...and their website is so legit and everything...BUT that being said I did cry laughing so hard once I actually got to the pictures and your response. That shit is priceless. Sorry bro.

And to VaporIcer, not sure if I would ever pay that kind of money for that, but it is a hell of a marketing ploy!

tokenitup,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
It reminds me of the crap they used to sell in the back of comic books :rolleyes: x rays glasses and sea monkeys . If i get bored one day I'll make one , got all those things kicking around here anyways.
Thanks for the heads up :peace:

Samsquanch,

stinkmeaner

What lying scam artists these Vapor-Icer people are, Iwien sat there and said to them that he thought that the Vapor-icer was just some plastic funnels and Nicole promptly corrected him with this statement below, I guess she was right and there were no Igloo cool packs in there, instead they use rubbermaid, lol:lol:

Nicole, how do you sleep at night knowing you are offering this garbage in a product which many use for medicinal purposes?

VaporICER said:
Hahahaaa! Hey everyone, and thanks for the humorous comments. Yes, we use product stickers with our logo on it as do many other products. And, No, these aren't Pep Boys or Autozone funnels, nor is there an Igloo Lunchbox inside :lol:

We actually have the outside custom made for us by certified non-toxic manufacturers, and use a rigid interior cooling system. If you read over the first few pages of this discussion, I believe all of these questions and concerns have already been addressed in great detail...

By the way, if someone has a better Vapor Cooling System, or an idea for it, by all means please do share. We're well aware of the VaporRod which is to be plugged in and stuck into a waterpipe with ice in it, and are fans of it unless we want to use it with a vaporizer rather than a waterpipe, or on the road.

So - to the rigorous, dissecting, ruthless, and obviously very creative FC Community - PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENT! We're here, and we're listening. If you can tell us a better way to make an ice-free, pocket sized, long-lasting, portable vapor cooling system, please do!!! We will more than appreciate your :2c: Also, if any of you know of a place to BUY a better system, please let us know so we can go ahead and do that!

Remember, we are just like you - we're looking for the absolute best way to smooth out our own vapor. This is what we've built so far (no it's not from AutoZone or made by Igloo :lol:) and we're honored by the fact that countless magazines, bands, and distributors are emailing us weekly asking to endorse the VaporICER, publish product reviews and to place orders to stock their global stores.

stinkmeaner,

tokenitup

I will sell you an ice cube for $40.

You put it in your mouth, then inhale.

I really don't feel like this company was trying too hard to help the end user, it seems much more out to make a shitload of money off 8 people and piss them all off.

tokenitup,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Didn't you guys expect someone to open this product up? Truly, state of the art... not! I mean, i don't hate the idea... But inhaling those packs in your mouth if ever punctured, would not be a great idea. "do not ingest" to me would probably translate to "do not invest" in this item. Out!

IAmKrazy2,

lwien

Now it makes perfect sense why they refused to send us a few for evaluation for they KNEW that it would be like that old dream of being caught in school without any clothes on, :uhoh::uhoh:, so this way, they at least sold a few.

A "rigid interior cooling system" ? :shrug:

To Cleaver and Agent, thanks for taking one for the team. Much appreciated.

lwien,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom