Vapocane

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
As requested, here are a few shots of the Vapocane and one with the Rude Boy.

sdc10584w.th.jpg
sdc10585i.th.jpg
sdc10573g.th.jpg

Enjoy :)

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks, I got a better grasp of the size of the beaker now. Seems perfect!

ps: for everyone who wants to see a larger size pictures just copy the link and remove the '.th' part of it.

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: vorrange

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I just noticed the part underneath the bowl is much rounder than with mine. Mine is basically straight, funny.

OhTheAgony,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Mine is straight, too. Is that an aftermarket bowl (I have a 14/18 adapter that looks similar) or is that the bowl that came with your vapocane, JRR?

Stu,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Thanks for blowing them up Stu.

That's the bowl I got with mine. You both got the A not B right?

OTA, look in glass section for a full review and more pics of the Rudeboy.

J.R.R.Tokin',

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I already posted in that thread ;)

Yeah, I got a Eurocane as well, yours looks a bit more special though. I guess that's what you get with hand blown glass.

OhTheAgony,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yeah, I have the euro one (I guess that's "A"). Maybe the difference is that mine has an 18mm male joint? :shrug:

Stu,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Oh well, I guess it's just a different, newer design or they have different people working on them with different styles ;)

J.R.R.Tokin',

Mescalito

I received a Vapocane A over a week ago now. I ordered a nice glass water pipe (Mr. orange) from GC to go with it, but I'm still waiting for that after nearly a month and a half of waiting. Since I had no glass for my vapocane, I have been using a plastic water bottle. This has worked well for the time being.

It takes some practice, but is not hard to use. I like both methods of heating the cane, the retained method is incredible tasting, though the direct method tastes great and is as quick as taking a bong hit. Retained heat method is somewhat time consuming, and I often heat the cane while Im taking a hit to keep the heat up. With the direct method, I hit it with the flame at the tip for a couple seconds, remove the heat, then repeat a few times until the vapor slows. After a stir of the bowl, I can get another hit until it's toast.

I love this vape and haven't smoked since I got it. Last night the tip melted closed somewhat. It needs to be opened back up to hit properly. Any advise before I attempt this?

Mescalito,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think you'll have to heat it again and then reshape it with some sort of tool somehow, but perhaps someone with actual glass experience has got more useful advise for you.

Kudos for ordering Magic Glass's mr. Orange btw. I've had my eyes on that pretty piece of glass since I first saw it, before I bought my 250ml even. Please post some rl pictures of it and comment on it's stability when you finally receive it.

OhTheAgony,

Mescalito

Thanks OhTheAgony, I have a toothpick and a metal pick that I thought I would use to try to open it once I got an orange glo on the tip. I'm going to hold off on doing that until I hear from someone who can give me advice where I don't f it up.

Yeh, after looking all over at glass water pipes locally and online, the Magic Glass Mr. orange looked the most sleek and comfortable to hold, as well as being reasonably priced. It also got excellent reviews from customers. Magic Glass makes their pieces to order, so this added some time to my wait, but I ordered on January 3, so it's taking too long IMO. I'll definatly report my experience with this bong with my vapocane. I don't plan to ever smoke out of this glass, gonna keep it clean with only vapes. That being said, I have combusted with the cane a few times, and as anyone knows who has done this, you don't want to inhale that smoke. It is terribly harsh and nasty after the oils have been removed.

Mescalito,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, I was immediately thinking of my stainless steel SSV pick as a useful tool at first, but safety first when dealing with melted glass plz.

Here are some tools you find when looking for 'glass blower tools' btw:

tools_home.jpg

I know a place that has the mr. Orange in stock, but I'm not sure where you are located and they only ship within the EU.

I have never combusted with my Cane, but I have with other vapes and I hate it. I sometimes enjoy smoking intentionally, but when it happens by accident it is such a huge bummer.

I think the melted Cane is enough evidence that you like to overdo it a bit with your torching, haha. But did you ever combust with the retained-heat method -which is the only way I use it myself-, or only with the direct flame method or whatever it's called?

OhTheAgony,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Mescalito said:
I received a Vapocane A over a week ago now. I ordered a nice glass water pipe (Mr. orange) from GC to go with it, but I'm still waiting for that after nearly a month and a half of waiting. Since I had no glass for my vapocane, I have been using a plastic water bottle. This has worked well for the time being.

It takes some practice, but is not hard to use. I like both methods of heating the cane, the retained method is incredible tasting, though the direct method tastes great and is as quick as taking a bong hit. Retained heat method is somewhat time consuming, and I often heat the cane while Im taking a hit to keep the heat up. With the direct method, I hit it with the flame at the tip for a couple seconds, remove the heat, then repeat a few times until the vapor slows. After a stir of the bowl, I can get another hit until it's toast.

I love this vape and haven't smoked since I got it. Last night the tip melted closed somewhat. It needs to be opened back up to hit properly. Any advise before I attempt this?

I'm not a glass blower, but I have found that metal tools will stick to the molten glass and make a real mess of it. Graphite is the best thing to use so the glass won't stick. I recommend whittling down a pencil so that an inch or so of bare graphite is exposed. The graphite can get hot and burn the pencil wood if not enough graphite is exposed. You should be able to work the molten glass to the size hole you wish.

Good luck.

Mescalito

Thanks for the input OTA and TV. That is good to know about the glass sticking to metal. The pencil lead is a great idea. I don't have a pencil with me, so will have to try it this afternoon. Until then, looks like I'll be smoking.

I ordered my Mr Orange from Grasscity, they have both Uk and US locations. Your right OTA, I likely overheat when using the direct method, and only after the herb has dried out. When this combusts, its not like taking a bonghit, its much, much worse. Most of the oils are gone, and the herb is already toasted, but its hard to understand why it tastes as bad as it does. I didn't think I would use the direct method, but I'm impatient sometimes. I want as clean a hit as possible, and using a torch is better than a lighter, but I know I'm using more gas and inhaling more of it using the cane. I work outdoors, and when it's cold, the retained method doesn't work as well, and neither does the butane torch.

Mescalito,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Nice to see another Vapocane user join us :) Mescalito did you melt the tip doing the direct or retained method?

J.R.R.Tokin',

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
man i got get a new torch, my vapocane hasn't seen action for a long while. i accidentally over heated once and made the vapocane droopy, man i wished i took a pic of it, lucky i was able to reshape it back to normal.

@Mescalito. if you aren't able to make the hole, you can try using a metal file and mark the tip with a line, then gentle tap it against the metal file, if your lucky you will get a smooth cut, then you can just flame polish the edges so they are not sharp. here is a few pics to illustrate what i'm talking about. good luck!!
p2153138.jpg

p2153139.jpg

p2153141.jpg

Mescalito

Well, I used a pencil lead last night to re-open the hole on the tip of my Vapocane. It may have opened just with the direct torch flame, not sure as I had to work fast, it cooled so quickly. It works great again. Thank you all for the advice.

J.R.R.Tokin', thanks for the welcome to the thread, I have been watching it since the start, and I'm glad I can now share my positive experience. I believe the tip of my cane melted after heating the cane, then taking a hit while still heating. I sometimes allow the flame to brush over the tip if I'm still not seeing vapor. I noticed it was not hitting well, and sure enough, the tip had mostly closed. I had been very careful with the direct method, after what I read here and saw on YouTube, but this was my own fault using my own method.

ilovebOObs-giggity- I appreciate your idea on breaking off the tip if it ever seals up completely. I think my fix was easier because there was still a small opening for the flame to move through.

Mescalito,

Mescalito

Oh, and as you mentioned ilovebOObs- the Vapocane does seem to change shape from uneven heating. Mine leans to one side somewhat. Hard to say if it was something I didn't notice when I got it, but I looked it over well after the tip sealed.

I received the large brass screens and the small steel screens in my Vapocane kit. At first I used the brass, but found they are too big and soft, so the cane tip sometimes will not seat properly, or your herb might slip through any unsealed holes. The steel screens seem too small, but if placed carefully, they work very well and allow maximum space. You have to keep the screen completely flat though, and you need to be careful stirring not to tilt it and spill your herb. I use a larger torch similar to the type used by chefs. I could not get the small torch sent with the kit to work.

Mescalito,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I agree about the stock lighter Mescalito. I can get it to work but it's a pain - using the Vapocane is much less hassle with a proper torch.

J.R.R.Tokin',

Mescalito

Here's an update on my Vapocane and my new water pipe, Mr. Orange. I was using the Vapocane Friday in a plastic bottle, as mentioned before. I was pushing down on the middle of the bottle so the bottom of the glass would come in contact with the water. After my hit, I stopped compressing the bottle, and the plastic bounced my cane to the floor. I heard the dreaded clink of broken glass, and sure enough, my cane was broken in half, with a jagged edge. I thought to myself, there is no way I'm going to pay another $60 after only two weeks of use. I was sad, because I was enjoying vaping so much. I decided I would melt down the jagged edges and see if I could still get it to work. The glass melted nicely, and the result was somewhat artistic looking. I loaded a hit and decided that the retained heat method may be my only option as the hole was large now and much closer to the herb. I heated it and had a nice orange glow, concentrating on the thickest spot where the "hourglass" is. I gotta say, I think it hits better now. I'm not just trying to make myself feel beter about it either. There is much better air flow, and as far as I can tell, there is no real reduction in retained heat needed for a big hit. One more advantage, no more concern with melting or breaking the fragile tip. It seems much sturdier now. I probably could take a hit using the direct method holding the flame farther away, but the method I'm using now is quick and so tasty, it's hard to think about trying it. I am getting almost no blackened herb now, just a more even golden brown.

I was very pleased that the next day I got my Mr. Orange water pipe, and quickly tried it with my "improved" Vapocane. It was fantastic all the way around. Thick clean hits, with a pipe that is very comfortable to use, even lying down. It looks very similar to the Rude Boy, but thinner glass. I also have a three piece pipe without a carb. I love clearing the hit by pulling up the lower glass of the Vapocane.

Mescalito,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, I doubt using a vape like this with a plastic bottle is a good idea anyways. If it melts it's way through the plastic or/when it gets pushed in to much when hot it will probably shatter into pieces.

I'm curious to see what's left of your heater part though, could you share a picture?

Also, how do you think this:

05988.jpg

Looks similar to this:

ml01.jpg

???

OhTheAgony,

Mescalito

Hi OhTheAgony, yeah, your pictures really show the difference in style of the two pipes, I guess that is the thick pipe Magic Glass sells, looks like the Rude Boy more than Mr. orange. That picture of Mr Orange is exactly what mine looks like, except mine has the slide carb. When my girlfriend gets home in a few days, maybe she can help me get some pics up. I'm an idiot when it comes to such things. I can tell you though that the break is at the "o" in Vapocane.

Mescalito,

Mescalito

O.k., now I've looked up Rude Boy and see that it is the same pipe as you pictured OTA, the Magic Glass pipe with the heavier glass. I'm sure that was mentioned earlier in the thread. I'll bet the rude boy is a nice glass water pipe that can take some abuse. I am being careful with Mr. Orange, though it seems sturdy enough, it's not thick glass.

Mescalito,
Top Bottom