• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapocane

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
It says in the manual that you can put the Vapocane in the marker case right after use to let it cool down, so I assume it's heat resistant.

Looking forward to your Gnome review Absymal, hope you'll include lots of pictures :)
Would you happen to know where I can find a 14mm J-hook here in Europe?

Glad you like it so far Boobs. I dropped mine on my metal grinders once & it sounded a lot louder than I liked but so far so good here.

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Damn! I deleted acidently my browsing history.. I tripped today in one 14" J hook for 10 euro on a german headshop site while i was looking for discounted vapocane in google :D. This not the only one i've seen anyway. Next time i see one i will send you a link.

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Cool, thx in advance then
thumb.gif

OhTheAgony,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
well here are some pics of the vapocane: been trying both methods, all though i really like the retained heat method, it just takes too long and kills alot of gas, hahaha. i really like it for the direct draw method for now, since its real quick and i think i got the technique down now so the hits are really nice. almost destroyed the vapocane using my shop torches, way tooo hot almost completely melted the glass. lucky i was able to heat it up again and make it straught again. i should of taken a pic of it when it was all bent out of shape, but i was too worried fixing it. :D
pc121457a.jpg

pc121456a.jpg

pc121469a.jpg

thought it was sad the gong piece didn't have a case, so i made one for it. :)
pc121477a.jpg

solocane? hey it works! makes a nice emergency stem with bowl, plus the small screens are perfect for the solo stems without any cutting.
pc131479a.jpg

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Cool pics, nice to know I know have another back-up Solo stem as well, lol.

Where did it change shape, in the wider part or the thinner top? I cant tell from the pictures, or where they taken before it happened?

It does take up a bit of gas & takes a lot more time, but I prefer the retained heat method myself for the super pure taste. It's nice that there's also a quicker method for when I'm in a rush sometimes though.

Is that the 18mm version & are you using the included brass screens?

OhTheAgony,

ilovebOObs

the tip part started to droop down like a u when i over heated it. luckily i was able to fix it. now its just very slightly bent, prolly can't even tell if i didn't say anything about. i worked with neon glass before so i do have some skills with glass.

i think the guy in this video prolly over heated his too, looks like the tip has melted or something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIDvmr4U4ac

yeah i got the 18mm version and yeah it came with the brass screens, will prolly get some ss screens once i get the time.

ilovebOObs,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Does all borosilicate melts like the vapocane if you heat it .. I've experienced this with overheating a glass snorting tube but it was very thin.. Does the quality of the borosilicate matters or all borosilicate melts at same temp >?

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Idk Absymal. I'm not sure if it's relevant to your question, but Charlie posted a little info about glass melting two pages back post #46.

I've got that video on my HDD Boobsguy, lol

Never noticed that before though, I always figured that he had dropped it and a little broke off but you could be right.

I recently bought an assortment of different size screens, figured they'd come in handy one time or another now I'm so into these lighter based vapes. A 15mm screen works well with the Vapocane for me, smaller seems hard to get to stay in place.

OhTheAgony,
I'm pretty sure that guys broke his. I have a vapocane top that broke in almost the same way; it fell into the seam of a couch and went missing for like 3 weeks. When I found it, it was broken in a very similar fashion. Still works today, but the intact one obviously works better, and I would never use the retained heat method with the broken one.

IME, which isn't all the much mind you, all borosilicate pretty much melts at the same temp, and quality is more of an issue of purity, durability and coefficient of expansion. The real issue in melting rapidity is density, as a thick piece of glass will take alot more flame and effort to start melting than a thin piece. And of course, the thicker a piece of glass, the longer it will retain that heat, while a thinner piece will get up to temp quickly but also come back down to room temperature very fast.

In glassblowing, if you aren't careful, you can end up making stringers, which are super thin strands of glass which are quite dangerous for a number of reasons, and should be disposed of immediately. They can pierce your skin, they can explode as they cool down, etc.. They're so thin that the tiniest flame will cause them to almost instantly melt, so that should give you an idea.

I'll try and make that video I promised when I'm not dry..

charliedontsurf,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Well, I just got my Vapocane today. I was worried that it was lost in the mail because it took a full two weeks to arrive from Canada (I'm in Los Angeles).

I had a little bit of a hard time figuring out exactly how far down to put the screen, but I soon realized that it should go down as far as possible to allow for the top GonG piece to settle all the way in on top of your loaded bowl.

I tried to use the B method (that's the retained heat method, correct?) and couldn't get shit out of it even after having it heated by my torch for over a minute. I then tried the A method and got a couple of hits. I soon realized though that the problem was that my torch was running out of butane. I re-filled it with Vector and tried the B method again. Wow, I got some really tasty and milky hits off this thing! :brow:

Do you guys stir your bowls between hits? My ABV looked pretty evenly tan, but I gave it a stir anyhow before heating her up again. Not sure if this is necessary.

Coincedentally I also got a package from Supreme that contained the replacement parts for the broken SV that I recently picked up, so my torch will be seeing a lot of action over the next few nights.

:peace:

Edit: I dont particularly like the proximity of my face to the tip of the Vapocane. It's really close on both my LW and BW pieces. So I guess I'll have a perfect excuse to get me a new piece! Time to talk to Pappy. :lol:

Stu,
I'm glad you like it Stu, and it's cool a few experienced vaporists are picking it up and approving.

You could pick up a 45 degree angle adapter of some kind, I remember Pappy used one with a bubbler in one of his videos because otherwise the Cloud beta was right in his face. That way the cane would be pointing out away from you.

charliedontsurf,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
biojuggernaut said:
where is cheapest place to get boro vapocane USA east coast?

The cheapest non "B" version that I found was from planetvape.ca. it was about $62 shipped to the US.

I have been playing with this all night and I am enjoying it. Unfortunately I tested it out a little too hard using the "A" method just now and combusted :cry: . So now the Vapocane is soaking in ISO and I'm about to wash out my bong. I'll get by with my trusty PD for the rest of the evening, so no need to be too concerned for me. ;)

Edit: Oh, and Charlie... I do have one of those angled adapters already, but I was too vaked to even think about it. Damn, there goes my perfect excuse for getting a new piece!

Stu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Stu, those adapters are pretty flimsy & unreliable, I think it would be safer if you got another piece if you don't want to risk burning yourself.

There, does that help? :lol:

Glad you like it anyways. I never empty out my torch anymore since I use the Vapocane because it is so much quicker to heat with a full one. Still getting used to that, normally I always purge the tank of my lighters between fills. Still haven't combusted with mine yet btw, but I don't use the A method a lot.

You can just play around with the screen height to create the bowl size you want to. All the way down would be over 0,5 gram I think? Mine is set about 3 to 4mm underneath the lower edge of the heat diffuser when inserted, leaves me with about a 0,15 bowl I think (my scale is not accurate enough to be sure).

I always stir my bowls between 1 to 3 hits, depending how large hits I take & how full my bowl is. My bowls seem to last a little longer when I stir it in between every hit though, but I'm lazy sometimes.

Still in a dry-spell CDS? We should send you some for the holidays man :(

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ah, good. I can't even imagine what it must be like to be dry myself but I bet it doesn't feel to good.

Must be the time of year man, I can't bring myself to do much of anything as well atm. All this rain and cold outside doesn't help much either. I'm glad the days will be getting longer again in a week or so.

I wish us humans were allowed to hibernate through winter :(

OhTheAgony,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I also got one from planetvape.ca last week. Not something i would use all the time, but it has its perks. Quick to get you there, and you can load fairly small bowls. I've probably already ripped 30 bowls out of it. In a hurry, but more to come.... I do like this vape and i am sure it will find a little time in my lineup

IAmKrazy2,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
OhTheAgony said:
Stu, those adapters are pretty flimsy & unreliable, I think it would be safer if you got another piece if you don't want to risk burning yourself.

There, does that help? :lol:

Thanks, OTA. I hadn't thought about that. Thanks for the insight! ;) You're absolutely right, of course.

Stu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
That's what I figured, yw :cool:

Have you already spotted something that you'd think would work well with the Cane? I'm not exactly uncomfortable with the heater-to-face-distance when using the Ehle, but I think I could be more comfortable with something else too.. :uhoh:

OhTheAgony,

ilovebOObs

i still loving my cane, even though i prolly burnt myself like a dozen times already. when will i learn fire make things hot, hahaha. pretty much doing only the type b heating lately since i find myself short breath when using the type a method, even though i don't really taste or smell anything, i can still feel it when i breath.

was about to get a mobius bubbler today but decided my piece is still good for now and the money would be better spent on the wife. heheh

ilovebOObs,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
My Vapocane A came in the post today. Have done my first few bowls on it and I am very happy. Using the b method - retained heat - the taste really is excellent. I'm using a soldering pen torch that I had in my tool box and it's working great (haven't tried the lighter that came with it).
Looking forward to playing around with this one and getting my technique down, but so far so good :)

J.R.R.Tokin',

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Ok, so I've had a few days to play around with my Vapocane and I'm really enjoying it.

Here's my thoughts:

I really like the simplicity of the design. It's just 2 glass parts and the screen, pretty sturdy. I did find placing the screen a bit fiddly, but once in it seems pretty well wedged.

It's taste really is excellent when using either the retained heat method or the direct heat method. It is slightly better with the retained heat, but only marginally imo.

The ABV is generally quite even but after multiple hits a hot spot starts, so I found it best to stir every 2 hits.

I have never really used torches for anything before and it took me a few hours to actually get the best heat out of my flame. Once I got that down my heat up times were greatly improved. I have managed to combust once but that was me being stupid. I had pretty much finished the bowl using retained heat and thought I would try and get the last few goodies out by a quick direct heat blast...it combusted immediately. This is probably due to the dryness/ heat already around the herb. Due to it's design it was super easy to clean and get as good as new.

Overall, I really like this vape. There is a whole ritual around it that I quite like and miss from rolling doobs. It's design is great, it's efficient and tastes excellent. This will definitely get used when I have time to kill and feel like 'creating' a session. The gas gobbling may bother me after a while, but for now - meh. Probably not the best for socially as it involves scorching flames and molten glass! But as a solo unit it's great - but be careful when handling hot glass!

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: axakal

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Well put, JRR

The Vapocane gives me the best tasting hits of all my pieces. It is probably the most "labor intensive" of all my devices, but this can easily be considered part of a routine that we all can relate to. I find it enjoyable as well. It's a great device to use solo, but I would choose other weapons with a group. The taste is simply amazing.

Stu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Glad you guys like it too.

Could we perhaps see a picture of the Rude Boy & Cane mr. Tokin?

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom