Vapocane

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I haven't been real careful with it and have torched it generously over the last few days, but so far I only scorched a little weed once with the B method. Still haven't found that limit yet I guess, haha.

There will always be times when the Solo is more convenient to use, but I don't think I'll be buying another electric vaporizer soon. I just like these lighter based vapes so much more, I'll just be looking at more glass for now & perhaps a J-hook to make my Cane a bit more portable.

This is getting a bit offtopic, although glass pieces are somewhat relevant with a vaporizer like the Vapocane I guess. Anyways, EDIT only has a few bubblers unfortunately (I count two at the moment, the Toro Micro and the Wildrok inline), & those are still shipped from the US & therefor extra expensive while they were kind of out of my price-range to begin with.

Most of Grasscities prices are a little absurd tbh. They want over a 100 euro's for pieces I can find for around 60 bucks elsewhere. Even a 30% discount won't fix that. Plus they make it very hard for me to find any shipment or payment info on their website, info a customer should be able to find with ease imo. Things like that make not want to use their webshop unfortunately. I just checked though, but their EU shop only has two mildly interesting bubblers as well (a black leaf and a weedstar), like I said, they're hard to find here.

Stocks for both shops seems to vary from the EU to US version btw.

I did just discover a new weedstar line on my search for EU bubblers. I'm not a fan of the brand and I can't even find info on what kind of glass they use, but they are bubblers & for a very fair price. They have a 10" 8 arm tree perc bubbler I can find for under 60 euro's in Germany which makes it very tempting to get one. It just looks a bit silly if you compare it to a beautiful ZOB or Mobius:

ws-42701.jpg

I've been emailing local glassblowers about this recently too, and so far at least one of them is interested in trying to make something like the ZOB & Mobius bubblers I showed him. He never tried making anything like this though, and his usual style is a little more extravagant then the clean piece I am looking for. I'd still like to see what he can come up with anyways, if we can agree on a price & if he has access to borosilicate glass of course.

OhTheAgony,
Sorry for the disinfo about GC and EDIT, Agony. My memory didn't serve too well there, I thought they had a better selection. From the sounds of your situation, I'd pursue that local glassblower and see what he can do. I absolutely loved Europe when I visited but I didn't realize it was the land of no bubblers! :lol:

The one electric I think you should maybe think about is the VXC. If you really think about it, it's similar in concept to a big, evolved, electric vapocane. It's a tube of glass with constrictions to build up air turbulence and venturi effects, all wrapped in an external heating element which is actively controlled by intelligent electronics. It should deliver exceptionally thick and tasty vapor for these reasons, better I think than the vapocane with retained heat because of the more elaborate and less choked airpath, as well as the precise controls. Not to mention being able to put the torches away and enjoys the convenience of an electric. The Cloud is very exciting to me simply because of its extremely sound concept, let alone the greatly impressive videos of what it can do. The only thing I'm not kooky about is the wait!

Was just enjoying the vapocane with retained heat a minute ago. The big blazer GB torch with a full tank can get it up to thick vapor temperatures in about 13 seconds, which is a impressive warm up time for any vape.

charliedontsurf,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Well, perhaps we still have a larger selection I'm not aware off, I'll keep on looking for now. I do like the idea of a custom piece though.

I may become more interested in the Cloud once it's out for a year or so and we know a lot more about how it compares to other vapes & how the users like it, but so far I'm still not. & to be honest I kinda enjoy the whole ritual with the torch and would probably miss that.

I am very interested in this one though: youtube

I'll try your 13 second challenge with my Iroda later today, I think I have a stopwatch on my phone, lol.

I finally had the time to take some pictures of my latest setup today. Unfortunately the weather is kinda shitty & dark so i have to use artificial lighting which I don't really like so this was the best I could come up with.

minip1010633.jpg

Sorry guys, I prefer the larger photo's :)

Add some weed and an AVB jar and this covers all my vaporizing needs atm.

OhTheAgony,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
ok you guys talked me into getting one of these, was considering the vg coil but i think the glass on glass would look much better.

ilovebOObs,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Cool, more people need to know how awesome this thing is & this thread could use a little more activity as wel ;)

Do you own a good torch already? Oh, and stock up on butane, lol

Oh Charlie, I needed at least 22 seconds to get a good visible tube of vapor. But this weed I have right now is a freebie so mids at most & a little wet still. Still not bad though. The way I usually heat it takes about 40 seconds though, seems I'm burning an unnecessary amount of butane with mah ritual :)

How's the video coming along?
don%27t%20poke%20me.gif

OhTheAgony,

ilovebOObs

yeah i got me a few torches ready to go that i use for my wax setup. yeah i don't understand why this vape isn't popular, to me it looks like a must have for people with water pipes. i was interested in the vapocane for awhile but didn't order because of the site. I normally don't like ordering anything from over seas, but after i saw the link for planetvape, i decided it was time.

some new videos would be nice.

ilovebOObs,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I am very interested in this one though: youtube
I posted before a while asking where they came with . They are currently focusing on the cloud and the rain had durability issues,The glass cracked from heat i guess..
If you are looking for something more beautiful similar to vapocane in function .. Check the gn0me vapes. He's got portable version that fits any 9mm hole ,also he has a gong version which can be as you wish 18 or 14 bent or straight, that guy even has a concentrate vaporizer :). I hope he starts a thread soon, he said he need first to work things around with his site and stuff. He is a very talented glass blower and can make anything you like he can add marbles ,spiders,octopuses LOL, he sent me some pics of beautiful glass,i hope i can get my hands on one in the next two weeks having in mind long delivery time..

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks for the info Absymal, I hadn't heard about those problems with The Rain before. I always thought it was the same glass heating element that's used in The Cloud as well?

Thanks for reminding me about the Gnome as well, I had already forgotten about that one. Just checked out the website but I wish their was a little more info, & better pictures or perhaps even a video. I didn't find anything about a GonG version or any other versions then the standard. I guess he's still working on it.

Could you share those pictures in the little known vapes thread perhaps, or email them to me if the maker doesn't want them online yet? I'm always interested in alternative glass lighter based vapes. I was about to have someone recreate the HD vape until I talked to someone who had owned one and learned a little more about it. Crap, that reminds me, I still have to email those people back :rolleyes:

OhTheAgony,

ilovebOObs

yeah i saw the gnome post too, but sadly didn't hear back from him. i wish they had a pic showing off the whole piece instead of the 1 or 2 close up that was available on he gnome site. hopefully my vapocane would come soon, love me some sexy glass.

ilovebOObs,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I kindof want to get one of these... I was a beta tester for Clear Domes Flame Filter, and loved it. Eventually my torch blazed a straight hole thru the flame filter... Too bad CD dropped off the earth.

This does appear to be currently the best flame filter style vape available. Great for backwoods, power outages, travel, or just a quick blast. No issues with butane taste in a design like this one i assume?

IAmKrazy2,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Only if you use the quick method where you point the flame towards the little hole on top & inhale. You can use it like a Supreme as well though, heat it first & then inhale, no chance inhaling any butane that way.

Is Cleardome still MIA? I would like to see some photo's of his design as well if you have them.

OhTheAgony,
He's got some PD dry stems for sale in his Etsy store, and recently people posted some ridiculously awesome inline bubblers for the PD which he made as well. So he's around, just not really actively participating in the forum I think. We've all got lives to live.

Krazy, I think you'd really like the Vapocane. I had a pepsi challenge tonight with it and the Supreme and in many ways I prefer the vapocane. I definitely recommend spending the extra bit of cash on the Austrian model.

charliedontsurf,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ah yes, Stu posted that pretty little PD bubbler the other day. I thought I had seen someone mention CD somewhere recently but couldn't remember where or when exactly & figured I just imagined it :lol:

I guess I'm overdue for a tolerance break.. :rolleyes:

OhTheAgony,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Cleardome was prompt in responding to my emails a few weeks ago, so I wouldn't say he's disappeared. He just doesn't visit FC anymore it would seem. Just shoot him an email and I'm sure he'll respond.
:peace:

Edit: I just ordered a Vapocane (I don't think it's the Chinese version since it doesn't say "B", correct?) from Planet Vape. I really need to stop reading through all these threads as I seem to end up "needing" so many vapes that I had no idea that I "needed" before. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to try it out.

Stu,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
charliedontsurf said:
He's got some PD dry stems for sale in his Etsy store, and recently people posted some ridiculously awesome inline bubblers for the PD which he made as well. So he's around, just not really actively participating in the forum I think. We've all got lives to live.

Krazy, I think you'd really like the Vapocane. I had a pepsi challenge tonight with it and the Supreme and in many ways I prefer the vapocane. I definitely recommend spending the extra bit of cash on the Austrian model.

Thanks fellas.... what advantage does the austrian version have? I may very well get one.

I have taken pics of CD's Flme Filter before, but will try and dig it up for another couple shots. There was youtube videos and pics back in the day if anyone want to try and search.

IAmKrazy2,

wak

Looks a bit crap tbh, i wouldn't touch that when i was smoking bong cos the aim with bong is to get as high as possible and i wouldn't touch it now cos i sold all my bongs.

edit: i made the L capital :/

wak,

ilovebOObs

from what i've read, the main difference is the quality. i guess the type b is made in china or something and is missing the marker looking case too.

mine should be coming in soon, ordered from planetvape using a discount code for 10 or 15% off, sorry can't remember.

ilovebOObs,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
IAmKrazy2:

according to charliedontsurf the austrian version is better made, however, i have been looking at pics of the glass of both the vapocane and the vapocane B, and without actually comparing the two versions in my hand, the only difference that i can pick out is that the vapocane B has 'vapocane B' written on it, and vapocane only has vapocane written on it.

i have also determined that the vapocane B doesn't come with a brush, torch, or 'marker' case, whereas, the vapocane does. so i would say if you don't need a torch or a brush or a case, then get the vapocane B. spend the difference on a good torch, or a vapobowl, :brow:

notmyrealUSERname,
notmyrealUSERname said:
IAmKrazy2:

according to charliedontsurf the austrian version is better made, however, i have been looking at pics of the glass of both the vapocane and the vapocane B, and without actually comparing the two versions in my hand, the only difference that i can pick out is that the vapocane B has 'vapocane B' written on it, and vapocane only has vapocane written on it.

i have also determined that the vapocane B doesn't come with a brush, torch, or 'marker' case, whereas, the vapocane does. so i would say if you don't need a torch or a brush or a case, then get the vapocane B. spend the difference on a good torch, or a vapobowl, :brow:

Any company is going to pick out the best of the best for their photographs. That vapocane-B you see is in no way indicative of what may show up on your doorstep. 1 of my 2 vapocane B's is "out of round," that is to say it was pulled off center, to the point where it is alternatingly humorous and sad to look at. I'd post a pic, but I imagine you'd all go "what are you bitching about?" just because it's a very subtle deviation, but it's instantly noticeable in person.

It's called the "Vapocane B" because it's made by the B team, literally. Given that we have great retailers like planetvape (who show instock for me as of this posting!) who offer it at about 60 bucks is amazing, and you'd only save 20 at the MOST getting the cheap Chinese version. It's a dumb thing to cheap out on in my mind; I blew glass for awhile and know what it's like to have people bitch about the fair cost of your product, just because some Chinese sweatshop pays 1/10th what an American or European workshop pays for propane and oxygen. I would also entertain the possibility that the Eurocane is made with higher quality glass.

charliedontsurf,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks everyone. I did order off planet vape, i prefer clear 18mm but settled on frosted 18mm because clear was sold out. Bought some solo accessories too, and got the free shipping for spending more than $90. Looking forward to getting the Austrian version in the mail. I think the marker case will work well when on the go.

IAmKrazy2,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
The marker case is a bit of a poss as it only fits the heat diffuser or top part of the Cane, you'll have to find a way to keep the bowl part protected yourself strange enough. But even though I was bitching about it at first I do use the silicone thingie on the end of the marker a lot for handling the heat diffuser when it's hot to stir a bowl, & the cleaning brush isn't to bad either.

Just a thought, but perhaps it's a good idea to clean out your desks while you guys are waiting for the Cane. Mine is kinda cluttered & without noticing it I melted my heat diffuser in to the side my computer monitor yesterday when I set the tube down after a hit. Luckily only the monitor is damaged & not my precious Cane, I had to pull quit hard to get them to separate again :lol:

OhTheAgony,

ilovebOObs

Just received the vapocane in the mail today yeah!!!! :D not even 30 sec with it and i already dropped it, rolled of my desk and onto my hardwood floor. my heart skipped a beat but all was well. tried 2 bowls so far, and it has been lovely. i accidentally combusted on my second bowl doing the direct draw, but i think i know what i did wrong. gonna have to do some more testing and report back :brow: will post pis too.

ilovebOObs,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well i got my full gnome package traveling to me .. Should be here in 10 days . I got the classic portable gnome which fits btw in any 9mm hole , the gong gnome , and the gnome concentrate vaporizer which can be both portable and gong :). I think the maker is not quite ready with all the stuff.. i was stoked him from the very beginning so he i can get my hands on those. He wants to have a nice and proper start i guess and make some stock so he can handle orders.. He will be posting very soon he assured me.. He gave me a nice FC discount and package discount ,he is truely one of santa's gnomes. I even miscalculated and didn't took in acount paypal fees so my order came few $ short but anyway he sent me all ... and even managed to fit all in the smallest USPS box :).
Anyway on the topic, a friend of mine pulled the trigger on the vapocane b 14.mm version , he wants to use it with a J hook for portable needs. I will definetly try it and report on the quality of glass and operation in few days :).
Btw can the marker on the EU version handle the vapocane while it is hot or you have to wait for it to cool off before you take it back in the marker ?

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom