Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

dopefiend

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I'm glad you like the review!

Having been using it intensively for almost 2 weeks now I can definitely say I'm very impressed with the Cloud, mainly because it is so much easier on the throat and lungs. As an asthma sufferer who is also allergic to some strains, this is such a huge benefit to me- it does still dry out the throat to some extent, but it's nowhere near as irritating as inhaling hot, dry vapour.

It also gives very good flavour- even when you leave a bowl half-vaped and come back to it, you still get a lot of freshness and full flavour. And I can definitely agree that the high it gives is quite different from a lot of other vaporizers, although users of The Herborizer or Verdamper or other water-vapes will probably be familiar with this- it's a much more cerebral and almost psychedelic high than dry vapes, even when you use The Cloud at relatively low temperatures.

By the way, I'm working on a video, so I'll post it here when it's done!

dopefiend,

THCMuscle

Dopefiend- Great review, thanks! I am so much more excited for my Cloud now!

I am really looking forward to using the Cloud for low temp vaping. Normally I would vape at 330F on my No2 to get a very nice head-high, almost caffiene like. I think the Cloud will be excelent at producing lots of low-temp vapor.

THCMuscle,

Giant Robot

As a two year fan of the dopecast, I can't even tell you how thrilled I was to hear this review. It was thanks to Dopefiend that I got and still enjoy my original Iolite, although I seem to go up and back between the Io and my power adapted MFLB, depending on how much time I want to spend with the "process".

Very exciting, and a nice preview of my eventual preorder. Thanks Dopefiend!!!

GR

Giant Robot,

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks Dopefiend!!!! I didn't know about your podcasts! Have them on my iphone now and can't wait to listen. This is huge for me! THANK YOU!!!

Also, just more clarification because i'm a little concerned. The HIGH is DIFFERENT with the Cloud? Cerebral? Like a sativa? I dunno man, vapor is vapor, and I understand the HT can shotgun it in you, but different high? How will the high compare to an EQ or Solo? How can you even describe it? lol

vape4life,

max

Out to lunch
Pappy said:
Never tried because my ABV was evenly browned when dumped from ELB.
My experience too. A totally uniform shade of brown is all you need to see. I suppose it's possible that you could pack the bowl very tightly and full with fine ground and have an issue. I haven't done such an extreme test, since it shouldn't be a real world situation. I think it's common sense not to load so much that you restrict good air flow.

dopefiend said:
Thanks for all the kind words guys, I'm glad you like the review!
A thanks from all of us Cloud fans dopefiend. We want nice guys and a great vape to succeed, and your podcast will surely give the brand a boost.

Bun.it said:
So will we being seeing it sold at vapefiend??
That would be a question for sometime next year. There may not be any dealers at all selling this model for months to come.

vape4life said:
The HIGH is DIFFERENT with the Cloud?
I think you may need to reread the post. He's comparing types, not separating the Cloud from all others. He includes "The Herborizer or Verdamper or other water-vapes".

max,

vape4life

Banned for life
So he's stating that water based vapes have a different high than non? Would have to disagree there being a former Herborizer owner... nothing more cerebral about it.

vape4life,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
vape4life said:
So he's stating that water based vapes have a different high than non? Would have to disagree there being a former Herborizer owner... nothing more cerebral about it.

I have heard many others say they notice a diffrence too, I am with you in that I don't notice. But, I am a high tolerance user. Diffrent strain effect diffrent people diffrently, so I can see where walter might filter out some certain low percentage cannabanoid that has a more significant effect on other users then me.

IAmKrazy2,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
just an fyi. i received my refund in full today. debit card transaction. order #137. only 4 days after email was sent out stating "allow up to two weeks..."
:tup:

moodswing,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
I just checked and see that my credit card refund was processed on 11/11/11 one week after my order was placed. That's at least two of use who have received them. Good news. Maybe that's enough feedback on the topic so that we don't turn the thread into post after post of "I got my refund."

VapeArts,

Pappy

shmaporist
moodswing said:
just an fyi. i received my refund in full today. debit card transaction. order #137. only 4 days after email was sent out stating "allow up to two weeks..."
:tup:
mine cleared 11-4 and was refunded the same date. :cool:

Pappy,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@Dopefiend
Very nice "dopecast" review of the Cloud.

I loved that SM gave some serious props to FC. :brow:

Stu,

dopefiend

IAmKrazy2 said:
vape4life said:

I have heard many others say they notice a diffrence too, I am with you in that I don't notice. But, I am a high tolerance user. Diffrent strain effect diffrent people diffrently, so I can see where walter might filter out some certain low percentage cannabanoid that has a more significant effect on other users then me.

I definitely feel a difference in the quality of the high from a water vape vs a dry vape. The high seems to last longer and is more "buzzy" and less "stoney". I put this down to being able to inhale the vapour more deeply and also hold it in for slightly longer as it's cooled and moistened by the water, but it could be totally psychosomatic!

Oh and thanks everyone for all your positive comments about the podcast!

dopefiend,
I prefer water filtration and almost always use it at home. It seems to remove very little of the potency while really calming the irritation dry vaping can produce, which also allows you to draw more vapor all at once for faster effects. I don't find it to be "different" in the sense that it's a distinct high.

I'm surprised those guys really clung to the Cano in principle so much. I just had a really great quality cano pass through my hands recently, and while it's a very very solid vape, it can't begin to compare to what you get for your money with the Cloud, based on its reported performance and the included glass. It's a different vape for a different purpose, being very party and noob friendly, but on a dollars-to-donuts basis the VXC annihilates it.

I remember Dopefiend and friend's talk about having to make a "bubble wrap vagina" if I recall correctly :lol: to have the hydratube rest in when not in use, which makes me curious if we ever found out what the hydratube stand is going to look like.

charliedontsurf,

sunsett70

charliedontsurf said:
It's a different vape for a different purpose, being very party and noob friendly, but on a dollars-to-donuts basis the VXC annihilates it.

charlie, i have to disagree with you on the party part, may depend on how respectful and steady those people are. just imagine 6-8 high and intoxicated people handling and passing the glass hydratube around. omg! I have already 'identified' certain clumsies in my group, they are not coming near my cloud (when i get one).

sunsett70,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
My refund also went through. I feel better about that. Now I can buy something from ALT during the sale that starts tomorrow!

Tstat,

vape4life

Banned for life
This is why i'm so curious, because water cuts down the potency when vapour condenses on the glass, etc. I remember NOT getting as high using water. But that wasn't with the Cloud! lol

charliedontsurf said:
I prefer water filtration and almost always use it at home. It seems to remove very little of the potency while really calming the irritation dry vaping can produce, which also allows you to draw more vapor all at once for faster effects. I don't find it to be "different" in the sense that it's a distinct high.

I'm surprised those guys really clung to the Cano in principle so much. I just had a really great quality cano pass through my hands recently, and while it's a very very solid vape, it can't begin to compare to what you get for your money with the Cloud, based on its reported performance and the included glass. It's a different vape for a different purpose, being very party and noob friendly, but on a dollars-to-donuts basis the VXC annihilates it.

I remember Dopefiend and friend's talk about having to make a "bubble wrap vagina" if I recall correctly :lol: to have the hydratube rest in when not in use, which makes me curious if we ever found out what the hydratube stand is going to look like.

vape4life,
sunsett70 said:
charliedontsurf said:
It's a different vape for a different purpose, being very party and noob friendly, but on a dollars-to-donuts basis the VXC annihilates it.

charlie, i have to disagree with you on the party part, may depend on how respectful and steady those people are. just imagine 6-8 high and intoxicated people handling and passing the glass hydratube around. omg! I have already 'identified' certain clumsies in my group, they are not coming near my cloud (when i get one).

I think you midsunderstood, we actually agree. I meant that the bag blowing vape, be it the Volcano, HA, EXtreme Q or Oracle, are the vapes best suited to a party setting because the clumsy aren't a threat to anything more than a mouthpiece and bag, while the Cloud would be at serious risk. They wouldn't even need to drop it, they'd just need to exhale into the tube like some uninitiated tend to do, and they eject water down into the bowl and the glass tube, which I imagine (?) might crack the borosilicate tube because of the huge thermal shock. But obviously the VXC is headier, gives what is reported to be far better vapor, is going to be fresher by default by not being in a bag, and is a better deal for money for obvious reasons.

To address these concerns, I think a whip setup for the VXC will make it extremely party and noobie friendly - that way you get huge clouds and good vapor but there's no glass and water in play. It would go cyclone -> elbow with whip attached. And of course there will be the Mac Guivere'd bag blowing setups, which given all parts in the VXC equation could end up being, in my extremely optimistic mind, better than the Volcanos by a good margin. An herbalaire pump in the bottom with a high temp silicone plug to make it airtight, then a simple bag rigged up top with the same setup as the Extreme Q when it blows bag: cyclone bowl -> elbow bowl with bag attached. Big vapor production, high tech on-the-fly temperature control and a highly convenient bowl system may also make the Cloud the best whip vape and bag filler that was never advertised as such. If any beta testers want to report back on attempting to use their VXC as a whip vape, I'd be curious to hear about it.

charliedontsurf,

dopefiend

I think it'd be a shame to have any Cloud attachments which don't pass the vape through water, as this is the major point of difference as far as I'm concerned- but I think it'd be possible to make some sort of bubbler with a whip attached (maybe even multiple whips, like a hookah) and a stand to hold the whole unit steady during use.

dopefiend,

weedemon

enthusiast
haha my bad! yep i was browsing 2 threads at once, and yes, yes i have been doing dabs this morning! :) haha

sorry guys!

weedemon,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom