Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
+3 on the credit card thing. If you are using your own credit card and pay your own bills who cares what it says on your statement??? Now, if you live at home with your parents and are using their card then yes, it might mess your stuff up but it is NOT VXL's responsibility to help you. And no matter what the name is, what about the $450??? How are you gonna explain that??? No, if a cc won't work for you then it is up to YOU to find a better way.

t-dub

t-dub,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
if you could sell more units by simply changing the name charged on a credit card then why not? what is the benefit of ignoring this part of your customer base? supposedly, it will be shipped in a discrete package anyways, hopefully, discretely shipped means plain brown paper wrapped box with minimal non descriptive markings... why not make sure the whole buying process is somewhat 'incognito' when an uneducated person quickly glances at it, from online order to front door delivery. the people that value this service wont be afraid to reorder, whereas, if you didn't do it they might not. also, the people that don't care either way about privacy - still won't care, so you might as well make it easy as possible, for as many people as possible, to give you their money!

notmyrealUSERname,

BossBrew

Metalhead
Damn for once I am glad that I am a slowpoke and avoided this whole mess with the credit card processor. Phew

BossBrew,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
notmyrealUSERname said:
if you could sell more units by simply changing the name charged on a credit card then why not? what is the benefit of ignoring this part of your customer base?

If $ is all you care about then yes, I can see your reasoning. I have learned through the years, however, that $ and units sold is not everything. Just because you can do something doesn't necessarily mean that you should.

t-dub

t-dub,

lepstadder

So the units we receive will look like the one in the video?

It seems a much duller than the previous versions

and the logo also appears differently

lepstadder,

nowonknows

I don't see the issue with it being charged as vape-x, what the fuck is vape-x? google it, comes up wit a battery shop, a dry cleaner, and some other non related crap. I think if you are worried about it you have vaped yourself to paranoia and need to give it a break, if you need to explain vape-x on your bill then you also need to explain the $450 charge regardless of the name so just work out some bullshit story and quit stressing.

nowonknows,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
CaptainQ said:
At $350 its a bargain, at $450 for some reason I just cant pull the trigger. I'm not saying its an unfair price by any measure, especially considering the high end glass, but still my credit card is not jumping from my wallet :(
Im in the same boat here, if I had found FC and this thread earlier id have my early pre order paid off already but 450 is tough to swallow for some reason.....it looks awesome though

SF Giant,

Canna Hound

Vapor test pilot/glass freak
SF Giant said:
CaptainQ said:
At $350 its a bargain, at $450 for some reason I just cant pull the trigger. I'm not saying its an unfair price by any measure, especially considering the high end glass, but still my credit card is not jumping from my wallet :(
Im in the same boat here, if I had found FC and this thread earlier id have my early pre order paid off already but 450 is tough to swallow for some reason.....it looks awesome though

I too am guilty of waiting to pull the trigger until November 1st, a few days ago basically. Although I have been following the thread for a few months, I just recently created a log-in here. With that said, I also want to add; I'm in no way affiliated or even know of someone who knows someone who is a VXL crew member or even beta tester. All I know is what I have read on this forum, the VXL website, along with one email correspondence this week.

With that out of the way, I will admit to letting my excitement get the better of me, causing an email to VXL regarding the status of my reservation, not even a paid order like many. I rationalized my behavior after reading a post in this thread where someone claimed to have just went to the store and was able to pay(after I reserved); so I figured I missed my email to pay. Off goes my polite almost embarrassing "are we there yet"email.

I received a reply within three hours very nicely assuring me I was on the right path; no money required for 8-12 weeks; my "baby" will make it to me... Along with a prompt response fully answering all my questions, I was offered exceptional customer service well above and beyond what I would expect from a commercial entity. It was like talking to a friend; although I have never met any of the crew.

With just this great thread to read thru; I can't see how any vapor enthusiast can resist the deal of the Century on what promises to be a very large jump forward in terms of the overall vapor experience. Just looking at the Cloud's website, I can spot more than six really big deals in terms of technology improvements which have been on my wishlist since I started vaping a few years ago... For example, the heater element outside the glass air path, turbulent flow leading into the crucible which should provide more even convection of herbal material and "the ultimate luxury," no-stirring required for complete vaporization(I can dream, right?) Along with the exacting digital temperature control guaranteed to maintain actual set vapor temperature regardless of how hard one tokes. The only two things missing off my wishlist are a temperature display and bag fill option; neither of which would effect the Cloud's performance for the task it was designed; which is to be the best heat injector on the market!(if I read correctly, I don't/can't speak for VXL) What can we buy that does what the Cloud does?
How many vapes come with glass as nice as the Cloud's? I have yet to find any, but please point any out. I don't mean a plain straight tube like herborizer sells, something with some diffusion/percolation and for free?

When everything is combined, I see a perfect vaporizer; at a price too cheap to believe; with the Hydratube included in the price, I don't see how they are going to make enough money to accept credit cards, let alone pay an extra person to make sure it doesn't show up on statements as Vape.
I'm trying to be funny; in no way am I trying to be mean or rude. I just want to offer yet another of many perspectives now that I have some first-hand experience with VXL's service.
I am also having to sell stuff in order to have this vaporizer as soon as I possibly can, I feel the hurt of dropping almost $500 as much as most. For me, I find it easier to spend money I shouldn't, when I know it is improving an important aspect of my life. For myself and other medical patients, I bet a simplified, cleaner, and faster medicating experience would be the difference between having a comfortable, almost relaxing day; or an agonizingly long day followed by more. If I am the only person who feels this way; please point me towards the light, I'll humbly accept all advice good or bad. :)
Since I can't count how many times I've only had ten minutes to medicate before doing something and not being able to get enough relief fast enough; this is a big deal for me. I can see other people have a different perspective regarding the Cloud and customer service; understandable. To each their own :)

thanks for letting me share my perspective and recent experience. I felt the need to share my experience in light of the recent flurry of criticism regarding how well the Cloud will vape a Bank Statement.... :-)

thanks
H

Canna Hound,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Well said Hound, welcome to the forum. :clap: I can really relate to what you said about the possible difference between a good day and a bad one. Cannabis can certainly help with that especially when combined with hydrotherapy, diet, music etc . . . The more tools we have available to us the more likely we are to have a "better" day.

t-dub

t-dub,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Cannahound:
Since I can't count how many times I've only had ten minutes to medicate before doing something and not being able to get enough relief fast enough; this is a big deal for me.

I value speed as well. If you want fast, you need a really good butane torch and a lighter based vape such as the vapobowl or supreme. You can pack, vape, and clean up in less than 5 mins for a session. If you want to be faster than that you should look into concentrates; omicron e cig or get a hmk curve. I highly doubt that you would be able to complete a session in 10 mins with the cloud, simply due to the heat up time required. I can't remember how long the vxc is supposed to take to warm up, but my ha takes 3 mins. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a good idea to leave the vxc on all day like a log vape in order to get around the warm up time either. Anyways, even if it takes 15 mins to get through a session with the vxc I'm sure it'll be worth it!

notmyrealUSERname,
I agree lighter based vapes are amazing for speed. I can go from cold start to vaporizing in about 5 seconds with both the vapobowl and vapocane - with proper techinque and a torch you can get huge, even clouds which will deplete a bowl in 3 to 5 hits.

But they'll all be more or less retired for normal use if the VXC performs up to my expectations.

I have a question, how hot does the metal enclosure on the bottom of the VXC get? I ask because I'm pondering a way to attach a bag blowing apparatus.

charliedontsurf,

Canna Hound

Vapor test pilot/glass freak
charliedontsurf said:
But they'll all be more or less retired for normal use if the VXC performs up to my expectations.

I have a question, how hot does the metal enclosure on the bottom of the VXC get? I ask because I'm pondering a way to attach a bag blowing apparatus.

That is great!!! I have been thinking the same thing... I have seen some unique gg glass fittings/valves on a lab glass site towards the end of HippieDickie's BudToaster thread; all glass Venturi tees with gg male/female connection one ea on opposite sides with barb side inlet. I almost hit send, so to speak...

I'm with you CDS, I see this as an awesome multi purpose tool. With hydratube it looks like one could suck down two or three decent bowls inside ten minutes; fairly discretely from the looks. With Pre-owned glass as a full power injector to convert even the most chronic bong smokers with 100% pure glass airway!(not many do this all the way. They do!)
I hope we treat VXL well enough to see them apply their tech to other areas in vaporization. Imagine all the mods to fill bags and eventual releases of VXL's Cloud succesors, spin-off designs, plus fresh concepts, to fill the rest of the vapor niche's in desperate need of this level tech. Cool!

Okay, I feel like a sleazy groupie; but a wise friend told me: "when you see gold, snatch it up quick because the real good stuff never lasts long enough."
Seems like a good quote from a soldier who has passed on to better pastures.

Canna Hound,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Canna Hound said:
charliedontsurf said:

That is great!!! I have been thinking the same thing... I have seen some unique gg glass fittings/valves on a lab glass site towards the end of HippieDickie's BudToaster thread; all glass Venturi tees with gg male/female connection one ea on opposite sides with barb side inlet. I almost hit send, so to speak...

I'm with you CDS, I see this as an awesome multi purpose tool. With hydratube it looks like one could suck down two or three decent bowls inside ten minutes; fairly discretely from the looks. With Pre-owned glass as a full power injector to convert even the most chronic bong smokers with 100% pure glass airway!(not many do this all the way. They do!)
I hope we treat VXL well enough to see them apply their tech to other areas in vaporization. Imagine all the mods to fill bags and eventual releases of VXL's Cloud succesors, spin-off designs, plus fresh concepts, to fill the rest of the vapor niche's in desperate need of this level tech. Cool!

Okay, I feel like a sleazy groupie; but a wise friend told me: "when you see gold, snatch it up quick because the real good stuff never lasts long enough."
Seems like a good quote from a soldier who has passed on to better pastures.

1) Why are so many people trying to turm this into an Herbalaire or Extreme-q? Bags, Whips?? WTF?
Why try to turn this into the Swiss army knife of vapes when it clearly was not designed for those purposes? Seems tacky, imo.
2) This is not a limited edition product, so no worries about it "not lasting long enough". Not really an "early bird gets the worm" kinda situation unless referring to those who got discounts during special pre-order time. Not sure how quote relates to Cloud, kinda odd.

Silver420Surfer,

sweetdreams4.2.0

Hi everybody i've followed this thread since the beginning and pre-ordered but left for a bit and over a 120 pages and couldn't read it all so i decided to make this account and because i was wondering if anyone could tell me if there will be some kind of warranty on the cloud that may have been mentioned earlier. maybe not so much the glass but on the internal mechanisms of the cloud incase some of the first batch are defective (which i hope none are). Thanks in advance.

Can't wait to blow some clouds!

sweetdreams4.2.0,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
yes 1 yr. from the FAQ on the website: "We provide a 1 year warranty on all VapeXhale products. It covers product issues. Not if you drop it off the third story balcony, leave it outside in the rain, or give it to your rottweiler as a chew toy."

other notes from may:
stonemonkey55 said:
... Regarding our choice of going with a one year warranty, if anyone knows my history on fuckcombustion, they know that customer service is something important to me. If your unit does require repair after the one year mark, then we will have special pricing for replacements, you won't be paying anywhere close to the price for a new unit. Just to be proactive in answering questions, we have no idea what we would charge for replacements at this time, we're just concentrating on getting this unit production ready.... As a young, start up organization, our #1 priority asides from producing the most mind blowing vaporizer out there is to be able to continue to keep the company running. Offering warranties of 3 years or more on a product that hasn't even been developed for more than a year from a risk perspective could be financially crippling. I am almost 100% certain that the amount of time and dollars that went into the R&D of this unit far exceeds what any other company has spent thus far by many multiples. Based on our burn rate and margins for our units, it just doesn't make fiscal sense for us to take a risk and extend the warranty when we've only been able to test this thing out for 6 months or so...

if you are not cool with the idea of a 1 yr warranty, you should probably wait a bit to see what (post-beta) customers will have to say about the cloud and make a judgement based on that data.

moodswing,

sweetdreams4.2.0

1 year warranty is fine by me, I can't wait for reviews i've been dreaming of this vape too much. I'm finally going to have to retire my silver surfer, didn't think i'd see the day so soon. Thank you everyone for your time and quick responses it's much appreciated.

sweetdreams4.2.0,

Carbon

For those complaining about price I understand, but there aren't many other vapes to compare this to. Even a full Vriptech heat wand setup with their best water tool is $450, and I think the Cloud beats this functionally in a number of ways.

Carbon,

Pcpvapors

It seems we may have forgotten simple economics, low supply + high demand = higher price. I'm sure that the cloud is not only a quality vape with quality internals and obviously glass which already warrant a high price point but really I mean think of all the units that have been preordered compared to "supply". It all breaks down to low supply + high demand = higher price. Besides its still 200$ less than a digital volcano. Look at the company's providing the hydra tubes. Sovereignty glass isn't exactly a cheap china company. You're getting what you pay for.

Pcpvapors,

max

Out to lunch
sweetdreams4.2.0 said:
Hi everybody i've followed this thread since the beginning and pre-ordered but left for a bit and over a 120 pages and couldn't read it all so i decided to make this account and because i was wondering if anyone could tell me if there will be some kind of warranty on the cloud that may have been mentioned earlier. maybe not so much the glass but on the internal mechanisms of the cloud incase some of the first batch are defective (which i hope none are). Thanks in advance.

Can't wait to blow some clouds!
Warranty info is just one click away from the home page on their site- Learn More

Pcpvapors said:
It seems we may have forgotten simple economics, low supply + high demand = higher price. I'm sure that the cloud is not only a quality vape with quality internals and obviously glass which already warrant a high price point but really I mean think of all the units that have been preordered compared to "supply". It all breaks down to low supply + high demand = higher price. Besides its still 200$ less than a digital volcano. Look at the company's providing the hydra tubes. Sovereignty glass isn't exactly a cheap china company. You're getting what you pay for.
While your equation is economically valid, it doesn't apply here. The pricing for this vape was set before there was any demand to factor in. There's not a big profit margin on it either. This is an expensive unit to produce.

max,

jumpoff_the_planet

Hello Vapexhale team,

I have a unique problem and I am patiently waiting an for an email response.

I guess my money was taken out of my account but I have to start using my new debit card on the 14th because my bank was bought out so you guys will need my new card number in order to refund me...

jumpoff_the_planet,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom