Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

max

Out to lunch
rastavape said:
so joe roegen gets one free but the rest of us have to pay 500 and wait for months, you have something brown on your nose bro lol. how about giving a dozen to a club for patient review? instead of a millionare ... and if i had to bet a socal company you are.
There's a lot wrong with your post. Primarily, it breaks our first and major rule- 'Be nice'. Putting a Cloud in the hands of people like dopefiend and Rogan, who have national and even international exposure, is just good marketing. Did Bill Gates do any significant charity work prior to making billions? There's a time and place for everything, and there's no place at any time here at FC for posts like that.

SD_haze said:
If so, does that mean, compared to the other convection/conduction hybrid heating systems, the "heating equation" is simply more convection+less conduction (but still both)?
In my experience, that would be a yes. Conduction is much inferior to convection when it comes to vaping, and conduction only vapes are to be avoided.

I think the LB is considered to be more conduction than convection, but convection is there, and without it, I think that model would be much less popular and effective. I also think there's more complexity to the LB design than most people think, and trying to duplicate or approach the conduction/convection ratio of that one would be tough.

Other so-called hybrid vapes depend much more on convection than conduction. If you want an example of how inefficient conduction is, when trying to thoroughly vape some herb, sprinkle some in a frying pan or hot plate, turn on the heat, cover with a glass whatever, and watch how slow and wispy the vapor production is (you have to carefully control the heat of course). Then take a look at the ABV. Unless you've ground it really fine, you'll find the cold side of the bud bits still unvaped. This is your basic dome vape design. My BC Vaporizer (my first, ill advised purchase way back when) gave me headaches trying to get a good hit, and was very inefficient in its heating. Didn't even have a temp control. Convection is king. Conduction can assist, but it can't stand on its own effectively or even lead, with the exception of the MFLB or some other specialized designs like those used with torch lighters for vaping outside in cold, windy weather.

Lo said:
I also found I could remove the ELB while it was hot, felt hot but not so much so that I couldn't handle. This vape has so many things about it I love.
Lo likes. :lol: I agree. Considering the hand held, open design, this is a surprisingly safe vape to handle while on. Just don't spill any water down the glass tube if your skin is under the bottom. It's a painful lesson in how fast drops of water can go from cold to hot enough to give you 2nd degree burns.

max,

Stonebreaker6

Vulgar display of insouciance
Rasta, last time I checked the VXC boys were running a business - in other words: a "for profit" organization. And if they think that Dopefiend and Rogan will help them move units, then god bless 'em. Its called promotion. And every single business I can think of does it.

Also, they gave away several beta units to common forum members for testing and feedback. And none of them are famous. Besides, they've been far more open with details about their business than any other I've ever heard of - warts and all. When you start your own company and put your own time and (more importantly) money on the line, you can run that business however you want to. But in the mean time, cut the fellas a little slack huh?

Now lets all take a deep breath and get back to our Saturdays.

:peace:

Stonebreaker6,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
rastavape said:
so joe roegen gets one free but the rest of us have to pay 500 and wait for months, you have something brown on your nose bro lol.

how about giving a dozen to a club for patient review? instead of a millionare ... and if i had to bet a socal company you are.

Mod note: Read the rules and be nice, or find another forum where they don't mind nasty posts.

Are you paying $500? Do you have national exposure? Thanks for joining the forum a couple of days ago and contributing nothing.

IAmKrazy2,
G

yes it says 450 is gonna be the price, with tax and shipping im guessing 500 sounds right

Yeah i deserve one just as much as joe roegen, he is no more a deserving person than you or I. just a observation.

i feel like the few posts i have made here are good and to the point, the one above was a joke and serious too :uhoh:

Guest,
max said:
Considering the hand held, open design, this is a surprisingly safe vape to handle while on. Just don't spill any water down the glass tube if your skin is under the bottom. It's a painful lesson in how fast drops of water can go from cold to hot enough to give you 2nd degree burns.

I've been wondering if water getting down into the hot glass tube would be catastrophic for the glass, but I guess not? Has this happened enough in beta that all we really need to worry about is a bunch of hot water dropping into our laps :lol: , and not the glass breaking from the thermal shock?

charliedontsurf,

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
Joe Rogan and dopefiend have podcasts we can listen to and hear more than some guy who doesn't have any exposure or way to get his word out. Also stonemonkey was on the podcast. Nobody deserves a free cloud And complaining won't get you one.

malawigold,

max

Out to lunch
charliedontsurf said:
max said:
Considering the hand held, open design, this is a surprisingly safe vape to handle while on. Just don't spill any water down the glass tube if your skin is under the bottom. It's a painful lesson in how fast drops of water can go from cold to hot enough to give you 2nd degree burns.

I've been wondering if water getting down into the hot glass tube would be catastrophic for the glass, but I guess not? Has this happened enough in beta that all we really need to worry about is a bunch of hot water dropping into our laps :lol: , and not the glass breaking from the thermal shock?
Good question. I've never thought to ask sm if they've done an 'uh oh' test for water spillage down the hole. My spill was minor.

max,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Although it does seem unlikely that water will often get down the hot air channel of the VXC, I am sure that someone may blow/cough into an over filled hydratube here and there.

I, too, really like when companies can torture test a vaporizer to prevent possible problems and warn about misuse (even though some consumers get carried away and think that they can treat their vaporizer like the ones in the torture tests were treated). And, no, Stonemonkey, I don't count the accidentally cranked & souped-up unit left on overnight as a torture test. :lol: :p

I am also sure that the unit for Joe Rogan was less of a promotional move and more of a UFC affiliate/vapor enthusiast and vaporizer maker/UFC enthusiast deal. ;)

Progress,
It's just like when Apple gives Colbert an Ipad, except VX is way better than Apple and Colbert is way cooler than Rogan.

charliedontsurf,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Get it in Snoop's or Wiz Khalifa's hands, you'll be a millionaire.

Edit: Don't do that until later, until all us FC-ers get ours :D

JDSupreme,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
charliedontsurf said:
Colbert is way cooler than Rogan.
I must object to that, Charlie. Rogan is one of my heros. Colbert is just.... well..... "Colbert".
:peace:

Stu,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
charliedontsurf said:
It's just like when Apple gives Colbert an Ipad, except VX is way better than Apple and Colbert is way cooler than Rogan.

haha too true! Plus VX actually has to eat the cost of their free units, while apple rips people off so many people that they can afford to give some away.

aesthyrian,

sweetdreams4.2.0

sooo just curious is the idea of interchangeable covers still gonna be happening in the future of VX because i'd love to get some custom ones, perhaps a starwars one. :ninja: Vader is getting stuck in my head thanks to dopefiend and friends and i'm just such a fan of the classics as i'm sure you all are too.

sweetdreams4.2.0,

Pappy

shmaporist
How soon you forget... Long before dopefiend and Joe Rogan, the VXC was approved by Pappy Pipes. :lol:
The fickle finger of fucking fate?

Pappy,

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
I don't think there will be anyone who uses the cloud and doesn't approve... I don't see how someone could not approve =]

malawigold,

THCMuscle

I'm looking forward to Christmas time not because its Christmas time, but because its Cloud time :)

Any idea when the VXC tubes will launch? Will any hydratubes have designs/colors in them?

Got my money set away, Can't wait guys!

THCMuscle,

max

Out to lunch
malawigold said:
I don't think there will be anyone who uses the cloud and doesn't approve... I don't see how someone could not approve =]
Just wait. There's not a product on the market without detractors. Sometimes expectations are unrealistic, and some people just want attention, even if it's negative. It's an expensive model, so I'm sure there'll be some 'overpriced/not worth the money comments. There will also be some apples and oranges comparisons-this is not a whip vape, for example. Value is subjective, but excellent performance (and that's a conservative opinion) as a big hitting, water filtered vape can't be denied if your head is on straight.

THCMuscle said:
Will any hydratubes have designs/colors in them?
I'm sure that fancy tubes will be on the menu sooner or later.

max,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
This is sad haha. I had a dream that VXH team started sending out pre-order emails... :rolleyes: someones been dreaming of the cloud too much.

Elluzion,

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
max said:
Just wait. There's not a product on the market without detractors. Sometimes expectations are unrealistic, and some people just want attention, even if it's negative. It's an expensive model, so I'm sure there'll be some 'overpriced/not worth the money comments. There will also be some apples and oranges comparisons-this is not a whip vape, for example. Value is subjective, but excellent performance (and that's a conservative opinion) as a big hitting, water filtered vape can't be denied if your head is on straight.

The heat retention alone is leaps and bounds ahead... No vape compares to it as far as im concerned... the efficiency is better than i imagined too! There's always the classifieds for those complainers!

malawigold,

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
Hippie Dickie said:
what is "heat retention"? isn't it really heat delivery? i.e. active, not passive

The cloud's heating element monitors the constant heat and heats more if it sees it dropping. "Active Heat Maintenance" might be a better word for it, but the cloud actively retains it's heat no matter how hard you pull, unlike most vapes that require a slow constant draw for even, effective heating. I've noticed that there is no vape a beginner can just pick up and hit, unlike the cloud which seems to hit cloudy for anyone.

malawigold,

THCMuscle

rastavape said:
is there a release date yet?

Nothing offical. The 8-12 weeks from inital pre-order emails going out still stands, but StoneyMonkey has hinted/indicated they are hopping to get some out the door just prior or just after christmas.

THCMuscle,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom