Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
ididit said:
All the same, a VXC hooked up to a (large) fairly portable battery pack on a weekend backpacking trip to the mountains, the thought makes the idea worth investigating.

You were stoned when you posted this, weren't you.

Backpacking a battery pack and a hydratube... the mind boggles. You're a braver soul than I, not to mention a way more badass backpacker.

pakalolo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
pakalolo said:
ididit said:
All the same, a VXC hooked up to a (large) fairly portable battery pack on a weekend backpacking trip to the mountains, the thought makes the idea worth investigating.

You were stoned when you posted this, weren't you.

Backpacking a battery pack and a hydratube... the mind boggles. You're a braver soul than I, not to mention a way more badass backpacker.

Ya that sounds like a bit much :lol:

I took a 12v motorcycle battery (about 1/3 the size of a car batt) and hooked up a female 12v car adapter to it then ran my PA/LB from my tree stand while hunting last year. It worked fine and wasn't too heavy!

Once the cloud arrives it will stay at home tho :p

JDSupreme,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
JDSupreme said:
I took a 12v motorcycle battery (about 1/3 the size of a car batt) and hooked up a female 12v car adapter to it then ran my PA/LB from my tree stand while hunting last year. It worked fine and wasn't too heavy!

:bang: You're killing me, Smalls!

pakalolo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
pakalolo said:
JDSupreme said:

:bang: You're killing me, Smalls!

:lol: ;) :D

JDSupreme,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
SD_haze said:
Theoretically, do you think an oil/wax/budder substance would fair just as well?
(done without bud, like dropped on the screen)
Or would that gunk the screen badly you think?

Funny we are talking about this today because yesterday I got to test BHO in the Cloud and it was a very, very interesting test. The hardest part is to get the oil into the ELB without getting it gunked up all over the sides. We ended up pouring it out of the vial after we head heated the outside of the vial with a lighter to make it more viscous... We dripped it over a thin layer of bud and poured a slightly thicker layer of bud on top of it to act as a whip.

We then proceeded to get about 25 good rips between 6-7 people and we were blitzed out of our minds... a bit too much for me. The HydraTube did display a lot of the amber resin that you will see accumulate when you are oiling all the time and while the male joint did get a bit messy, I simply swabbed it out with a Qtip while it was still warm and it was good as new. I soaked the ELB overnight in some grunge-off and those were as good as new as well.

To IamKrazy's point, while the Cloud did great with BHO, I think it's sweet spot will be kief and bubblehash. Things that are little bit easier to handle and the clean up is much easier with these two types of concentrates.

stonemonkey55,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
IAmKrazy2 said:
Edit: I will experiment more with just loads of plain loose kief in a few days. I would guess, this will be the concentrate that the most people will have access to and use in the VXC. Is pollen classified as a concentrate? Anyone?
Kief isn't actually pollen, pollen is produced by male plants. Kief is the trichomes of females. I would classify Kief as a concentrate, same as bubble essentially just extracted differently. Just did a dec sized run of dry ice hash, if u haven't seen it b4 I would look it up. Never gunna do bubble again!! So much easier, soooo much better yield. :ko:

Mr. Smoke No More,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Mr. Smoke No More said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
Edit: I will experiment more with just loads of plain loose kief in a few days. I would guess, this will be the concentrate that the most people will have access to and use in the VXC. Is pollen classified as a concentrate? Anyone?
Kief isn't actually pollen, pollen is produced by male plants. Kief is the trichomes of females. I would classify Kief as a concentrate, same as bubble essentially just extracted differently. Just did a dec sized run of dry ice hash, if u haven't seen it b4 I would look it up. Never gunna do bubble again!! So much easier, soooo much better yield. :ko:

Ill have to try and spin a batch with dry ice, thanks for the tip.

Oh, and pollen is a nickname for kief. Not to be confused with the type of pollen you would like to keep away from your sensimilla. :)
Ever heard of someome calling a kief box a pollen box? or the tray at the bottom of the grinder a pollen tray? But, i appreciate you pointing this out to me, as i would not want to confuse anyone who is not familiar with this term. Just to clarify hash also; i usally call "bubble hash" "water hash" because bubble is a brand name like kleenex or ping pong.

No Smoke, do you still use bags and dry ice together? dont want to derail this thread so if i cant find the info i need thru a google search ill shoot you a PM. but for now, quick hash nap tired after work

IAmKrazy2,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I think 'pollen' is an accepted term for a type of soft pressed hash that's still quite kief-like, at least over here, but I think it's been corrupted from 'pollem' or 'polm'. I used to smoke loads of it that came over from Morrocco in the late 90s, and I think it's still fairly abundant although I've not had any in a couple of years.
polle.jpg
polleballtxt.jpg

Not sure how they make it actually, but it's still quite 'kiefy' and dry. I saw it in Nepal as well.

WatTyler,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
IAmKrazy2 said:
Just to clarify hash also; i usally call "bubble hash" "water hash" because bubble is a brand name like kleenex or ping pong.

Ping pong is a brand name??

I had no idea. :|

/thread_derail

Stu,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Stu said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
Just to clarify hash also; i usally call "bubble hash" "water hash" because bubble is a brand name like kleenex or ping pong.

Ping pong is a brand name??

I had no idea. :|

/thread_derail

Don't want to derail but ping pong is the name brand manufacturer of table tennis tables.

Either way, after some more experimenting water hash does provide a bigger thicker cloud with less then the pressed kief. But, the kief provides a better taste and more uppy head high when vaped, IMO

IAmKrazy2,

Mr. Smoke No More

Krazy, wasn't trying to sound like a smartass, just making sure we were on the same page because there is so many slang terms used for errything. U do still use the bags with the dry ice method, just one at a time. I find using a 110 Micron for a quick first run then 165 or 220 for a second run works best. Sorry to derail the thread. Back on topic....Krazy when u are vapin the pressed Kief are u grinding it up fine again? Or just vapin a big chunk or a couple pieces kinda deal? I find with other vapes that pressed hash always has to be ground up in a coffee grinder or 2 piece.

Edit: Fuckin auto correct

Mr. Smoke No More,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Mr. Smoke No More said:
Krazy, wasn't trying to sound like a smartass, just making sure we were on the same page because there is so many slang terms used for errything. U do still use the bags with the dry ice method, just one at a time. I find using a 110 Micron for a quick first run then 165 or 220 for a second run works best. Sorry to derail the thread. Back on topic....Krazy when u are vapin the pressed Kief are u grinding it up fine again? Or just vapin a big chunk or a couple pieces kinda deal? I find with other vapes that pressed hash always has to be ground up in a coffee grinder or 2 piece.

Edit: Fuckin auto correct

Thanks for the clarification, you're right just trying to make sure we're on the same page with slang

Saw some videos of dry ice kief being made. Will for sure try this very soon, they make it look so easy. It looks so potent too,

@NoSmoke. I have been putting pressed chunks in the bowl, untouched. I take about 3 or 4 rips depending on hash size, then use a poker to break it up, then take 3 or 4 more rips

IAmKrazy2,

Mr. Smoke No More

It is as easy as it looks, and u don't get wet!! After u break up the hash do u find u get much thicker rips?

Mr. Smoke No More,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
First off, took the dry ice kiefing suggestion. Oh my. Never seen so much in my life. I started with a 90 micron bag and have probally 4 grams of ultra blond and uber potent kief. Yummy. The other stuff, greener but still damn good 190 micron kief. Nothing like filling small glass jars with kief, wow.

breaking up kief does help thicken the hits on the pressed stuff. Bubble still works better, but is more of a mess then kief also. gets all gooey and sticky around bowl. I have almost as much kief as i do herb, so i'll for sure rip a lot in the next few days and report back.

IAmKrazy2,

theamigo

i have a confession. im disappointed when i check fuck combustion and there isnt a new post in this thread

theamigo,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
theamigo said:
i have a confession. im disappointed when i check fuck combustion and there isnt a new post in this thread

I have the beta unit i can and do rip all the time, and I myself am still obsessive compulsively checking this thread. Passion for the product i guess. So, needless to say, i understand your desire for any news, activity, posts, ect. There is still a bit longer to wait, so stay in your seats.

To help pass the time, if it isn't already obvious, i am open to any questions about the VXC i can help answer. So fire away if anything has been missed. I might answer some questions on my phone. Fair warning, when phone posting i write quick and edit/spell-check even less then on a computer so i apologize in advance for random written chaos that is bound to happen while answering some questions on the road.

ps. Been ripping just a nice clean long straight tube no defusers. Clears really quick and is just a fucking privilege to use it with the VXC.

VXC quote of the week: "Wow, this fucking machine."

IAmKrazy2,

SD_haze

I know you said you can drop straight kief in there, but how much have you tried at once?

What I'm getting at, is if there is a limit to how much kief/hash you could fill the bowl up with?

Just imagined a cloud bowl packed 4/5ths of the way with kief and started salivating :ko:

SD_haze,

vape4life

Banned for life
And for your penance, you will start to post and ask questions more :)

theamigo said:

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
You lucky SOB! Seriously jealous, but awesome that you are here as a resource too so thanks for that. Is there an actual external power supply or is it just a direct plug in? If you crank it all the way to max, is it possible to combust (like the SSV?)

IAmKrazy2 said:
theamigo said:

I have the beta unit i can and do rip all the time, and I myself am still obsessive compulsively checking this thread. Passion for the product i guess. So, needless to say, i understand your desire for any news, activity, posts, ect. There is still a bit longer to wait, so stay in your seats.

To help pass the time, if it isn't already obvious, i am open to any questions about the VXC i can help answer. So fire away if anything has been missed. I might answer some questions on my phone. Fair warning, when phone posting i write quick and edit/spell-check even less then on a computer so i apologize in advance for random written chaos that is bound to happen while answering some questions on the road.

ps. Been ripping just a nice clean long straight tube no defusers. Clears really quick and is just a fucking privilege to use it with the VXC.

VXC quote of the week: "Wow, this fucking machine."

vape4life,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I'll use that quote as my Facebook status update and everyone will think I am referring (reefering?) to my computer! :lol: Just a quick shout out to those (especially SM) that keep this discussion happening. In the last 2 years or so vaping has become one of my favorite hobbies to experiment with and read about. I am so stoked for the cloud's launch, so in the meantime I have been buying some glass to add to my collection!! Thanks also to IAK2 for all of the tutorials and updates. If you ever decide to drive down Chi-town way, bring that bad boy cloud with ya! I'll fill 'er up for you a buncha times bro! :brow:

Peace everyone!

Bluntcrush,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom