Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

phased

v is for vapor
OK, here's the story of the day I met the Cloud.

Met SM55 last week under somewhat stressful circumstances--the earliest he could be there and the latest I could be there overlapped by just 30 min, but I just couldn't postpone a demo any longer so I jumped on the opportunity.

Then, just to add to the pressure, I was late (through no fault of my own--I HATE being late and people who are flaky!) and quite embarrassed to have kept SM55 waiting, but he couldn't have been more gracious and professional. At least he was waiting in a comfy environment with friendly people and something to do :-).

Didn't have much time to linger, unfortunately--only 30 minutes on the parking meter, parked 5 min away so really 20 minutes inside, or 15 after the intake & purchase process, and my ride out of town was waiting by my garage and needed to use the bathroom. Not exactly ideal circumstances for chilling out, but what can you do.

Well, at least I knew my tolerance level was so high from frequent vaping that I could do a quick demo and get right back to business. Lately it seems I can medicate a LOT and never really feel much of a shift. Sometimes I miss the creative trips I used to get from medicating, but on the flip side there's the convenience of never feeling paranoid or unable to deal with people or tasks.

Once I finally got settled in the lounge area, SM55 asked me about my personal vaporizer history and pointed out differences I might notice between what I have tried (VaporBros original, and then the MFLB) and the Cloud, then offered the Cloud. Took a long draw from the Cloud, perhaps slower than necessary because I'm used to the MFLB, then another one.

Meanwhile everyone around the table admired the Cloud. In real life it's just as beautiful as in the videos, maybe more so. Feels solid. Not much bigger than a coffee grinder. I don't recall much noise, but the room we were in wasn't super-quiet. One person there called SM55 the Steve Jobs of pot, and he wasn't joking. We talked a little bit about the convection currents, and SM55 lost me a little bit talking about the low air pressure in the chamber simulating high air velocity. :science: Or something like that. (Um, whut? :huh: )

It was already in action when I arrived, so I can't comment on how long it takes to heat up, but I doubt it's long.

I forgot to ask SM55 about how the performance might vary with different grinds--seemed like we were tasting a relatively fine grind, something similar to the ideal grind for the MFLB. I had intended to pack one for the demo, but SM55 had it covered by the time I was sitting down, and I didn't stay long enough to buy a round--will definitely make up for it next time if I ever cross paths with SM55 again. :cheers:

Don't recall much of note about the taste, and didn't tinker with the temperature SM55 had set, so I can't comment much on that. I believe the taste declined after the first draw, as is usual, but beyond that I don't remember anything notable about taste + or -.

What most impressed me was how evenly browned the plant material was when the chamber was emptied. This beast is efficient! Absolutely nothing was wasted.

Wish I could say the same for myself, but much to my surprise, I was on another planet after just 3 or 4 draws. Granted, they were big giant clouds--so big that I was sure that some combustion was happening, but nope, as I said, there wasn't a spot of black in the herb.

The good news is that I kept my wits about me enough to leave the room on time despite the major temptation to stay (parking ticket was a strong disincentive). Got to my car with exactly one minute left on the meter. Yay! :tup:

The bad news is that there *was* a ticket on my windshield--for not curbing my wheels. What?!? I've lived in this hilly town for almost 2 decades and I always curb my wheels! I was all indignant and ready to fight the ticket... until I noticed that indeed I had *not* curbed my wheels, because I was in such a hurry to get to my appt with SM55. :doh: And that was when I was not even medicated. Oops! Other than getting to try the Cloud, this really was not my lucky day. :cuss:

The other bad news is that I was so impaired from just 3 draws from the Cloud that I knew I couldn't drive safely. Not even close--I was afraid to even touch the pedals. :whoa: So even though I was late and my friend was waiting and we had tickets to a show in Monterey that evening and had a campsite to set up before going, I had to just sit there for a while and try to recover. Curbed my wheels and sat there thinking of what I would say if some authority came by to talk to me. "Maps, yeah, that's it--I'll get some maps out and look like I'm trying to plan a route! Or wait, maybe I'll just have my phone in my hand and pretend to be texting. OK, maybe I'll wait until someone actually approaches so I don't have to keep punching the buttons--that got old fast. Or wait, um, maybe I am just sitting here waiting for my friend. " No doubt if anyone had come up to talk to me, I would have mixed the three excuses into one incomprehensible string of babble. Good thing nobody did.

Soon enough, I felt confident that I could operate the car--but I knew I couldn't choose the best way home (in a city I've lived in for almost two decades!). But I went anyway, and indeed ended up backtracking a little bit, not exactly getting lost, but definitely taking a circuitous route home.

Maybe an hour later I was a bit less over the edge, and two hours later back to a more normal state. Whew.

I don't even *like* being that altered; in fact I avoid that state and it was extremely inconvenient to be in a daze when I had so much stuff to accomplish on a tight timeline. I never want to be that baked again. For a few hairy moments while I was sitting in my car afraid to touch the pedals I wondered whether the Cloud was even a good idea for me--too much of a good thing? The reason I'm telling you how high I got from the Cloud is not to suggest that higher is better--for me it's definitely not--it's to give you an idea of how efficient the device is. So even if it takes a couple minutes to warm up, and I doubt it takes very long, the fact that you can so thoroughly and efficiently extract the essence from the plant material means that in one or two draws you'll have reached the equivalent of maybe a half-dozen draws from another device (your mileage may vary--just guessing on those #s, of course). That's a rave and a warning for anyone else who thinks their tolerance is so high they can't be rocked off their arse anymore.

I would love to take a second look at the Cloud when I have more than 15 minutes to hang out--as I mentioned, I remain curious about the taste and the performance with different grinds. But for now I just want to tip my hat to SM55, the Steve Jobs of pot, for a beautiful, elegant machine that's going to make a lot of people's lives more pleasant.

The Cloud team deserves all the success they are sure to earn with this thing.
:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

phased,

weedemon

enthusiast
phased said:
Lately it seems I can medicate a LOT and never really feel much of a shift. Sometimes I miss the creative trips I used to get from medicating, but on the flip side there's the convenience of never feeling paranoid or unable to deal with people or tasks.

hehe aint that the truth! A + and a - at the same time! I dont have to worry about not being functional but i also don't get to feel ridiculous as often.

appreciate the warning of not underestimating this device though!

weedemon,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
the sound is no louder than a bong bubbling, but it is a whistling sound instead. It's a little louder than the E and SSV. It's certainly nothing I ever thought was a problem. I've used it several times late at night wiht my son in the next room sleeping and never got noticed. But it's no LB when it comes to stealth. I did use it once late in my bedroom with my wife sleeping. I hit it hard and decided to hit it a little lighter to keep the noise from waking her up.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
phased said:
I was on another planet after just 3 or 4 draws
The Cloud is like one of those fruity, sweet mixed drinks. You can add a good healthy shot of booze and the alcohol taste is still so masked that the unwary drinker will be quickly smashed without some consious restraint. My wife sometimes gets more vapor than she can handle (as in coughing), both with e-cigs and a log vape using an 8" glass stem. The first time she tried the Cloud she took in more vapor in one hit than she'd ever had (although nothing approaching sm's youtube demos), and didn't have any trouble processing the hit. Her response after exhale- "so smooth".

I don't want to make it seem like the Cloud is something totally unique in this respect. I just don't know. I'm not inclined to go for a vape wtih water filtration, and I normally don't attach a bong to any vape I've got. So there may be other models using filtration that also supply equally big, cool hits. I'll leave those comparisons to others. But if you're like me and not likely to buy a bong type vape, or hook up a bong to a standard vape, I think you'll still be very satisfied with the Cloud/hydratube experience. It's not much different than holding/hitting a log vape, and it takes water vaping to a new level, ergonomically. You can easily hit the Cloud while sitting back in your easy chair, and have one hand free for the remote, bag of chips, whatever. What is unique to the Cloud, I believe, is that it's a bong type vape that you can hand to a bong loving vapor newbie, and no matter how hard they hit it, they won't be overpowering the vape's ability to deliver vapor. There's just zero learning curve as far as the hits. Draw speed is minimized in importance to the point where it only affects how dense your hit is, and doesn't even affect that aspect very much. I don't know why no other vape maker has had the idea of combining great ergonomics with heat exhanger type heat retention (think log vape), and water filtration (with high quality glass to boot), but I'm glad sm was the one to do it.

max,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
with heat exhanger type heat retention (think log vape)

i think you greatly underbestow praise on the Cloud. There is no comparison, imho, between a passive heat exchanger (thermal mass) and an active temperature controller (i.e. the Cloud). No comparison at all.

also, (just can't let this pass):

It has the potential to get hot enough to melt the glass

melt? 1600C? soften, sure, but melt?

Hippie Dickie,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
stonemonkey55 said:
Nosferatu said:
So it would make that sound with the standard glass also? Does it ever become annoying when vaping?

I can only speak for myself, and all the others that have tried the Cloud in my presence, no one has ever brought up the noise being annoying or taking away from the experience.

Think of it this way, you can't have Ferrari performance if you have a quiet 4 cylinder engine. If silence is your main criteria, the Cloud is NOT for you.

If huge, tasty clouds are your thing, you won't even notice the sound once you start using the vape.

i guess you missed this postwhere it was stated that their vw bug was faster than my weekend ride... :cool:

personally, i think the sound adds to the overall experience - sounds like a jet engine ramping up for takeoff - somewhat fitting don't you think?

notmyrealUSERname,

EntRance

Still eagerly awaiting the Cloud and hope they'll be able to start shipping retail units before the end of the year, at least to those who've locked in pre-orders at the special prices, and ideally to the later pre-orders as well. I've been having difficulty with comfort and (maybe?) "skill required" with my VaporGenie as of late and I don't want to spend money on anything else with the Cloud (hopefully) on its way shortly. I've never had the experience with any vapes aside from my VaporGenie, which works awesome for friends who are experienced smokers, but I think the Cloud will not only have potency through the roof, but lack of a learning curve and much greater comfort with moisturized vapor.

While I'm thinking of it, is it possible/viable to use ice with the cloud and hydra-tubes? I've noticed that some other vaporizers sell "Ice chambers" to be used with bubblers/bongs and/or attached to whip-style vapes. Is ice a good idea for the Cloud and if so, what equipment is needed for it?

Thanks again and hope negotiations go smoothly so shipping can begin!

EntRance,
no some will argue two points that I've heard imo

1) ice can be hard on your throat
2) ice thins out your vapor

Thats why stone selected water for the hydra tubes. However, the cloud could be readily attachable to most glycerine glass available.

biojuggernaut,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hippie Dickie said:
also, (just can't let this pass):

It has the potential to get hot enough to melt the glass

melt? 1600C? soften, sure, but melt?

I was wondering if someone would get semantic on me. You're absolutely right, and shame on me, it was late and I was melted. :ko:

Hot enough that the glass became soft enough to bend. Nice that it didn't crack though, unlike many early models of another glass vape. A testament to the skill of the VXL glass blowers perhaps?

@phased: The Cloud has a way of turning quick sessions into memorable experiences. Fast acting and long lasting.

@EntRance: The Vaporgenie was my first vape too years ago. Its been a long journey with many vapes along the way. Let me just say that if you can wait, going from the Vaporgenie (which is great for what it is) straight to the Cloud will be an incredible experience.

As for ice, I believe all the hydratubes have ice pinches. The SGW showerdome I have does, and you can use the Cloud with anything that has a ground glass joint. If you want ice you can have it! :)

iceeuv.jpg

sm, if you still have this the world demands a VXC video. :D

vtac,
Just found this thread/vape, got to page 16 and noticed on the website that they still seem to be in the preorder phase. I don't really feel like reading 100+ pages so I was wondering if someone could answer a few questions I had.

1. Has the Cloud already shipped/is commercially available? If not, what caused such a massive (relatively) delay?
2. Are there multiple price points I'm not aware of? The site only shows two options, both of which cost $450. Earlier in the thread it was said this would be in the SSV/Extreme price range and both of those are at or under $300. There was also talk of a base package, a mid-range package, and so on with increasingly nice hydratubes. Are any of these things still valid or is this all outdated info?
3. If people do have them already, how does it work on other glass? Is it recommended that you only attach it when you're taking a hit?

Also, @vtac good lord that is a lot of ice

VaporEnthusiast,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
VaporEnthusiast said:
Just found this thread/vape, got to page 16 and noticed on the website that they still seem to be in the preorder phase. I don't really feel like reading 100+ pages so I was wondering if someone could answer a few questions I had.

1. Has the Cloud already shipped/is commercially available? If not, what caused such a massive (relatively) delay?
2. Are there multiple price points I'm not aware of? The site only shows two options, both of which cost $450. Earlier in the thread it was said this would be in the SSV/Extreme price range and both of those are at or under $300. There was also talk of a base package, a mid-range package, and so on with increasingly nice hydratubes. Are any of these things still valid or is this all outdated info?
3. If people do have them already, how does it work on other glass? Is it recommended that you only attach it when you're taking a hit?

Also, @vtac good lord that is a lot of ice

Welcome. That sure is a lot of questions on your first post.

1) No. Delay was caused because this company is after perfection, and nothing less. Currently they are negotiating a fair manufacturing deal.
2) No. All current packages are $450.
3) Only beta units exists at the moments, but as testers will tell you it will work amazing with any and all glass. Unrestricted airflow, clean taste, and thicker then anything else the market has to offer today. Supreme is only vape comparable in vapor density.

IAmKrazy2,

VapeXhale

Vapor Enthusiast
Manufacturer
From Robot:

It has been quite a while since I last posted. This isn't to say that I don't read the forums. To the contrary, I do so daily. Your continued support makes me smile every damn day. You guys make this endeavor worthwhile.

Unfortunately, the circumstances under which I write this are less than ideal. No, nothing is wrong with the Cloud or SM55's pending big announcement - that is still coming and we're all very excited about that.
Rather, I refer to the unfortunate business concerning the websites that were purporting to be VapeXhale Cloud resellers and affiliates. Specifically,

Code:
http://vaporizersale.org/cheap/vapexhale-cloud
http://vapor-izer.org/uncategorized/vap  -vaporizer
http://vapexhalecloud.com/
http://vaporizerforweed.net/vapexhale-cloud/
http://arizersolovaporizer.org/
http://cloudvaporizer.com/
http://arizer.org/
http://magicflight-launchbox.com/
http://vi-vape.com/
http://mi-vape.com/
http://vaporizersale.net/

We have been in discussions with the proprietor of those sites. The short version is this: he has offered his services and we have declined them. We have also requested that any references to our products (other than non-libelous reviews thereof) be removed from his sites. It is up to him as to whether he complies. It is our sincere hope that he does. Legal action makes no one richer except the attorneys.

It looks like they are now launching a smear campaign against us because we refused to work with underhanded business people like them. This not only hurts VapeXhale, but the industry as a whole as you take a look at the list of website associated with their organization. We will no longer be leveraging any online retailers for the time being due to this unfortunate experience and all orders will now be going through our website.

For anyone who may have "ordered" from their site, please let us know who you are. We will do our best to take care of you.

We here at VapeXhale have always been honest and forthcoming with details - perhaps to a fault. But regardless, when SM55, PN3K, and I started this business we recognized that it was ours do with what we wished. And we chose to run it how we wish all businesses were run: by providing the best product we can possibly make at a reasonable price with full disclosure, whether it be good news or bad.
So thanks again for sticking with us. I promise you that it will be worth it.

VapeXhale,

Stonebreaker6

Vulgar display of insouciance
Geez.... I haven't been keeping up with this as of late - figured a watched pot (no pun intended) never boils. Now I wish I had.

So let me get this straight: some cheesy dude tries to sell something that wasn't his to sell, SM55 catches wind of it, calls him on it, upon getting a "no thanks" the guy does a 180 and starts bashing the product he was trying to sell. Wow. Just wow. :rolleyes:

Cheesy dude (whoever the f*ck you are), you strike me as all that is wrong with the internet. Because whether or not the Cloud lives up to its billing (why wouldn't it based on the beta reviews) at least SM55, PN3K, and Robot are honest to a fault (if I can use Robot's word - don't hurt me).

You sir, should be f*cking ashamed of yourself. :2c: Does anyone have a name for this low life?

Stonebreaker6,

VapeGirl

Hi,

I follow this board form time to time as well. I too read the review at cloudvaporizer.com

I am unsure what part of the review is untrue. It seems factual, and as per the post. To be honest I too am getting bored with the ongoing launch news.

As for this quote from VapExhale directly: I started this business we recognized that it was ours do with what we wished. And we chose to run it how we wish all businesses were run.

Really? You wish all businesses deceived its clients on important company news? You wish all businesses would take pre-orders and not deliver to their clients. (see above there is another person unhappy with this company)

It seems VapeExhale demonstrates inexperience. Passion yes but clear inexperience.

When i pay $450 for a vape i expect it and the company behind it to be professional. Thus far I have seen everything but professionalism from VapeXhale.

Seems they should spend more time making an actual vape then showing videos of cool bubblers.

VapeGirl,

poonman

Kramer from Seinfeld ;
re : Movie listings by phone ....

" Why don't you just tell me the name of the ......" :lol:

poonman,

Nosferatu

VapeGirl said:
Hi,

I follow this board form time to time as well. I too read the review at cloudvaporizer.com

I am unsure what part of the review is untrue. It seems factual, and as per the post. To be honest I too am getting bored with the ongoing launch news.

As for this quote from VapExhale directly: I started this business we recognized that it was ours do with what we wished. And we chose to run it how we wish all businesses were run.

Really? You wish all businesses deceived its clients on important company news? You wish all businesses would take pre-orders and not deliver to their clients. (see above there is another person unhappy with this company)

It seems VapeExhale demonstrates inexperience. Passion yes but clear inexperience.

When i pay $450 for a vape i expect it and the company behind it to be professional. Thus far I have seen everything but professionalism from VapeXhale.

Seems they should spend more time making an actual vape then showing videos of cool bubblers.

Vapegirl, can you explain to me EXACTLY why you say they deceived their clients about important company news? These three guys don't owe it to us to tell us anything until it launches, we're lucky they where giddy and passionate enough to tell us the idea early on. Especially because it runs the risk of problems like your scam and whatnot. And I didn't see them charging for pre orders, just letting you give them your email so they notify you for an early buy and the best price. Nothing but positive opportunity from VapeXhale, no obligations or risks.

Nosferatu,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Robot beat me to it!

To keep this thread about the Cloud and not unscrupulous retailers, please direct all further discussion regarding these sites to this thread.

Thank you!

vtac,

Hotboxvapebongin

Dang StoneMonkey! First you got me to buy the VHW, now I'm drooling over this VapeCloud product!! Can't wait for it so I can show it off to the FC community and also local friends :).

Hotboxvapebongin,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom