Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great and fair information on the warranty, SM. Your company's perspective is justifiable for sure and helps make the one year warranty seem not so bad, along with your pledge to replace defunct units at a lesser cost than retail.

Can we hope that, given long period of mostly flawless operation, that the warranty might be raised to two or three years? S&B did this with their Volcano Digits when they realized the units weren't less reliable than the classic.

charliedontsurf,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
keifrichards said:
SM: You might offer a 3 year extended warranty with a 3 day turn for $50.. You need to do your math but this thought might work.

That is actually a pretty good idea, I know 7th Floor has an option for you to purchase a lifetime warranty for $150. As long as you can figure out the cost of it all, I don't see how providing the ability to purchase a better warranty would hurt the company. Hell, if the cloud is as good as it seems then you would make money off of any warranty purchasing seeing as you would probably not have to fix many units.

aesthyrian,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
malawigold said:
SM55- I know you'll take care of us after warranty for a service fee anyways which is proper procedure for all companies... especially when the owner of the company is thinking about using that very device every day too :ko:
STONEMONKEY IS STANDING BEHIND THE PRODUCT
anyways, I was hoping you'd answer my hydratube sizes question a few pages back it got missed
and two more questions

I'd like to have a car adapter for when I'm off the grid. Details?

Concentrate Bowls (ie oils) have not really been discussed

Sorry about missing your question, so there are 2 main sizes right now.

Vertigo HydraTree is roughly 10 inches

SGW, SG, and VXL HydraTubes roughly 8-9 inches

The ELBs currently do a pretty good job of holding hash but if you have a more liquid concentrate, then I don't think the screens will be able to hold it.

Lastly, the Cloud works great with a car inverter. There is one big thing you need to be aware of, NEVER START YOUR ENGINE while your Cloud is on and plugged into the inverter. The last time I did that, I think the spike in voltage killed my Cloud. We will make sure we document that clearly in the instructions.

Now, I am just like the rest of you, Cloud-less, until PowerNerd gets back from his bachelor's party :mad:

Trust me guys, I know exactly how you feel now....

stonemonkey55,

hereatlast

Sounds like a congratulations is in order for PowerNerd :cool:

Funny aside: I met the original "Glass Munky" (spelling?) yesterday at CHAMPS, he had some great work. Looking forward to more peeks at TAFKAGM's work. His scientific background is really intriguing to me. While the Cloud is being standardized for production is there any developing plans for/by him?

I'll echo everyone else's appreciation for this level of transparency; that said, the sneak peeks are a gift and a curse it seems. :lol: Kudos to VXL.

hereatlast,

sunsett70

this project sums up what i love about america. this thread has been a delight to follow, is almost like watching an embryo slowing growing and developing a life. i really like the american motorcycle custom industry (cruiser n easy riders) and i see so many similar attitudes here - you got a mix of superb technical & engineering know-how, an adventurous spirit and go-for-it attitude together with a decent business acumen and an all-encompassing personal interest in the product (even calling it a 'product' is like a step-back as it seems almost 'alive'). then having all the feedback , responses and 'assist' from other interested parties, it's like the 'aura' of so many people being fed n filtered into the creation of the cloud. it's quite an exciting project, almost inspirational to watch. (and all this done so far with no government backing too!)

i guess it helps that sm55, a long-time member here, seems like a genuine fella and has some goodwill among the senior members. even so, seeing how he has good naturedly and professionally handled the queries and what-nots have been a learning experience in patience and strategic response for me.

i don't know who created the first vaporizer, but if this cloud can do what it say it can (and here's hoping the electronics n high tech parts can take a little abusin') and supposedly take us to the next level in vaporizing technology, then i hope and pray that the 'Gods of Fortune' will sail with sm55 and his gang on this journey. excelsior!

p/s - the hype on this cloud is almost like Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace pre-release, but please, please, don't let it end the same way.

sunsett70,

Qbit

cannabanana
Almost a hundred pages on a vape that has yet to see the light of day? The word 'vapourware' comes to mind.

Qbit,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Qbit said:
Almost a hundred pages on a vape that has yet to see the light of day? The word 'vapourware' comes to mind.

I hope you don't think you're the first to make that joke, and you left out your :).

;)

pakalolo,

Stonebreaker6

Vulgar display of insouciance
Qbit said:

Unless you count the prototypes that have been undergoing testing in the public eye. ;)

Stonebreaker6,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
The Cloud has me spoiled big time! I have now tried using the hydratube dry for a few sessions and even then the hits are very smooth and cool too surprisingly. When I'm out and using an LB or an IO....I am missing the hydratube and Cloud A LOT!!

I've tried small loads, larger loads. I've hooked to my Roor tube. Used hydratube with water, without. All around I have to say the Cloud is very impressive. I can get huge monster rips and the vapor is so smooth that I continue to be amazed. I think this vape is going to bowl people over! I'm seriously considering selling my SSV when I get my production model.

I've found that cleaning is a breeze too and I really like the bowl design personally. I have seen very evenly cooked bowls no matter how much I load and the taste is very clean. Smitten here I tell you!

Lo,

Qbit

cannabanana
pakalolo said:
Qbit said:

I hope you don't think you're the first to make that joke, and you left out your :).

;)

Yeah I guess I should have known. But then I haven't read the thread through, or search.

Qbit,

Lo

Hmm... Since betas are in testing NOW the term vapourware doesn't come to mind for me :D Just sayin'

Lo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Qbit said:
Yeah I guess I should have known. But then I haven't read the thread through, or search.

Knowing your other work around here and Vaporpedia, I know you were just making a joke. The Cloud has unabashed phanbois however, and they might not be so forgiving.

It's a long thread but it is well worth reading through, because 1) the Cloud is a revolutionary step forward that raises the bar in the design of vaporizers, and 2) the VapeXhale team has been responsive and open about the design and development process, thus gaining themselves the aforementioned faithful.

The Cloud stopped being vapourware when the beta testers got their units. Unless there's a tester out there who has had a bad or even just average experience and hasn't spoken up, the Cloud is that rare thing that exceeds the hype.

pakalolo,

max

Out to lunch
the Cloud is that rare thing that exceeds the hype
I think it depends on how each person views the hype. I'm sure, once people shell out their money and get their units, there will be those whose expectations have been lifted too high, not through being misled by sm or beta testers' enthusiasm, but just because everyone's perception is a little different. I guarantee someone will complain that their vape setup, whether out of the box or customized, hits just as big as the Cloud. But I don't think sm has been touting it as the biggest hitter on the market (I'm not saying it isn't, either). I think what sets the Cloud apart is the combination of performance factors and ergonomics that sm has rolled into one package. I think he and his partners have done a great job of taking these features and making them work, with the least amount of compromise, in one unit. IMO a very high percentage of buyers will be very pleased.

max,

snakeman

sunsett70 said:
p/s - the hype on this cloud is almost like Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace pre-release, but please, please, don't let it end the same way.

They could send me a corn cob pipe and some matches in the mail and I wouldn't be as disappointed as I was after those last three movies.

snakeman,

Qbit

cannabanana
pakalolo said:
Knowing your other work around here and Vaporpedia, I know you were just making a joke. The Cloud has unabashed phanbois however, and they might not be so forgiving.

Phanbois for a vape that's not even on the phucking market yet. ;)

Yeah I'm just having a joke. I'm sure that this is indeed an innovative vape, and if testers have confirmed this then great. But shit, although I know threads can get long here at FC, this one is pushing two and a half thousand posts over nearly year and a half. That's pretty bizarre.

Qbit,

lwien

Qbit said:
......this one is pushing two and a half thousand posts over nearly year and a half. That's pretty bizarre.

Naw. It's what I call one helluva teaser. ;)

lwien,

Lo

I liken it to getting a behind the scenes look. We've seen things from early stages all the way through to betas. To me it is interesting as I've followed the whole thread. Seeing the creation go from cad drawings to prototypes and then reworked as issues arose. Most industries you don't get a glimpse into product development. I have enjoyed the behind the scenes bit myself though I also enjoy watching the modders invent and create in ecig-land as well. To each his own I suppose. I also enjoy Hippie Dickie's product development thread ;)

Lo,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Lo said:
I liken it to getting a behind the scenes look. We've seen things from early stages all the way through to betas. To me it is interesting as I've followed the whole thread. Seeing the creation go from cad drawings to prototypes and then reworked as issues arose. Most industries you don't get a glimpse into product development. I have enjoyed the behind the scenes bit myself though I also enjoy watching the modders invent and create in ecig-land as well. To each his own I suppose. I also enjoy Hippie Dickie's product development thread ;)

I agree with you a lot lo.

I see the 2400+ posts in this thread as something most Vape companies don't have. This thread is the cloud, pretty much from start to the future. Most vapos get announced when they are in the makes, with an update hear or there, if not just an announcement before the launch. With the cloud, its as if you know the vaporizer, its history, and why it is what it is. You get a very detailed, and diverse range of questions and opinions being thrown at the creator(s) and in many cases, being used to evolve this product. Its like R&D on steroids, and open to anyone to view and/or contribute.

This thread alone, has made this Vape a contender in my future purchases for sure. I will have a cloud, once its out and a little more tested, etc...

Purpl3_Haz3,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I can't wait to see what else he Vape Exhale team has in store for us once they fill all of the preorders and create a production process that meets demand in a cost-efficient manner.

However, I understand that all of these things take capital and time (which is basically money too). As the company continues to build a good reputation for quality products, I imagine that their infrastructure would grow allowing for more productivity.

If I rambeled, I apologize. This daydreamer's head's in the clouds.

Progress,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
lo...I've started medding around with it, too. the other day I took the hydratube and mated it to a PD and stem, just for the hell of it. I had to really hold it just right to get a seal, but it was interesting. I can really appreciate how open the Cloud's airflow is after that.

stickstones,

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
Lo and stickstones
Thanks for sharing your variety of experiences and showing variety of the unit
I think videos would be appreciated by all ;)
Sm55- have you attempted any sort of bowl that could hold liquids as of yet or have you tried using the unit in a standard upside down approach and see what oil/herb mix does? If not I'm sure you wouldn't mind testing it out for me XD

malawigold,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
@sm55. Did you ever get another working VXC from PowerNerd? It sure sucks to use any other watertool after a glimpse into the future. Kindof a bummer, isn't it? I'm stil thinking about mine every day, and a broken VHW isn't helping.

IAmKrazy2,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom