Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinm_au

Can people pre-order a 240V version ???

What is the forecast release date for your 'International' Model ?

Would love to add Vapexhale Test Pilot to my CV !!!

colinm_au,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
To clear the air, the Vertigo HydraTree is the only one with a protruding joint. The ones with the Sovereignty tree, and the future VapeXhale branded HydraTrees will all have recessed joints.

If you live in the bay area and have a MMJ card, I would be more than happy to meet you at the SPARC dispensary in SF. They are one of the few dispensaries that I feel is doing the MMJ scene right. Very professional staff and since they have 4 Volcanos, it is really easy to give people a demo of the Cloud and watch their eyes light up with joy.

Here are the action items we are still working on:

1. New heater with thermal couple embedded. This will solve the slight variances in heat between units to give much more consistent performance.

2. New enclosure that will better dissipate heat. We are paying extra $$ for rapid prototyping as the usual turnaround for a new mould is in the 3 week range. With the rapid prototyping, we should have something new to play with within a week.

No official date for when everything will be completed but I do feel that these are the last two items that we need to address. As you have read from the reviews, even without these last two items to take care of, from a vapor production standpoint, it has hit the mark. Now it is time to just clean up the rough edges and we should be ready for prime time.

As weird as it may sound, I'm almost as excited about our packaging as the vaporizer itself. It is just so slick and the fact that it doubles as storage/transportation case is just icing on the cake. I always dreamed that I could eventually quit my day job and focus on VapeXhale full time. I can only imagine the future when I can put in my 60 hour weeks toward vaporizers and not my day job. One step at a time though, first I need to just get the Cloud completed and into your hands.

stonemonkey55,

abo27495

stonemonkey55 said:
To clear the air, the Vertigo HydraTree is the only one with a protruding joint. The ones with the Sovereignty tree, and the future VapeXhale branded HydraTrees will all have recessed joints.

If you live in the bay area and have a MMJ card, I would be more than happy to meet you at the SPARC dispensary in SF. They are one of the few dispensaries that I feel is doing the MMJ scene right. Very professional staff and since they have 4 Volcanos, it is really easy to give people a demo of the Cloud and watch their eyes light up with joy.

Here are the action items we are still working on:

1. New heater with thermal couple embedded. This will solve the slight variances in heat between units to give much more consistent performance.

2. New enclosure that will better dissipate heat. We are paying extra $$ for rapid prototyping as the usual turnaround for a new mould is in the 3 week range. With the rapid prototyping, we should have something new to play with within a week.

No official date for when everything will be completed but I do feel that these are the last two items that we need to address. As you have read from the reviews, even without these last two items to take care of, from a vapor production standpoint, it has hit the mark. Now it is time to just clean up the rough edges and we should be ready for prime time.

As weird as it may sound, I'm almost as excited about our packaging as the vaporizer itself. It is just so slick and the fact that it doubles as storage/transportation case is just icing on the cake. I always dreamed that I could eventually quit my day job and focus on VapeXhale full time. I can only imagine the future when I can put in my 60 hour weeks toward vaporizers and not my day job. One step at a time though, first I need to just get the Cloud completed and into your hands.

Will the VapeXhale branded HydraTrees be available at launch? and props on the packaging I might want a case to put the box in ;)

abo27495,

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
what are the sizes of the hydra tubes?
I'm more interested in longer and considering the protruding joint the vertigo will be the biggest tube at launch?
I like the protruding joint a lot by the way :)

malawigold,

ctvrb24

Hi I am a new user and I have some questions about "The Cloud."

I have only had one vape in my life and that was the SSV from 7th floor and have been very happy with the product. Having said that, I really am looking forward to getting a vape that does not have plastic bags or rubber tubing. After doing my homework I have narrowed my next vape purchase down to two products, The Cloud, or the Life Saber Vape (another 7th floor product). Although The Cloud has yet to hit the market the only thing I can say I dislike about it is the warranty and the price.

Facts I have concluded from researching both vapes. Please keep in mind since The Cloud has yet to hit the market there is only so much info I was able to compile in order to compare it to the LSV, and I in no way have a biased opinion about the two vapes because I have yet to use either one.

LSV
-Made by a US company that has been making quality vapes (my opinion) for a while.
-Option to choose a 10 year, or lifetime warranty that gives you 10% (ten year warranty) or 15% (lifetime warranty) off your entire purchase, plus 10-15% off any purchase you make from the company your entire life.
-Nearly an all glass vapor path
-Can be used 3 ways, glass wand, water pipe adapter (which I know from reading is not 100% perfected), and as a none butane lighter.
-Base Package at $300 features a 3 year warranty and water pipe adapter
-10 year warranty package comes out to $375.59 (and the 10% off any product purchased from them for life as I already mentioned)
-Lifetime Warranty package comes out to $400.04 (and the 15% off any product purchased from them for life as I already mentioned) :brow:

The Cloud
-All glass vapor path. This is what I like most about this vape and is obviously what will be its key selling point :D
-Made by guys who have yet to make their own mainstream vaporizer. This is not a hack on the makers or their intelligence, just a fact. It also may be one of the KEY reasons to why this Vape may end up being so special.
-Features the hydratube glass system which provides you with the coolest vapor hits you will get. This is another reason people will be jumping to get their hands on this vape. I have a question though, I have heard that by running your vapor through water even though you get a cooler, cleaner hit, you also lose a lot of the vapor. Is this true, and if so how much vapor is lost?
-Price for those who did not pre order one of the first 1,000 or so units = $450.00
-Comes with only a one year warranty? I do not know yet if there will be other warranty options available later on but as of now what I have gathered from the vapexhale page that there is only a 1 year warranty with the product

So basically what I want to ask is why buy a product with an all glass vapor path, The Cloud, at $450 that features only a ONE year product warranty coming from a group of people who are producing their first vape? Everything about The Cloud Vape looks more intriguing to me, from the all glass vapor path, to the hydratube system, but with LSV vaporizer you are given a nearly all glass vapor path, and a product that is not only less expensive but has over double the warranty on just the base package ($300, 3 year warranty). I feel like if I am making a $450.00 investment on The Cloud Vape, which is ideally the vaporizer I am looking to buy, it should feature a much longer warranty especially considering it is coming from a group who has yet to make a mainstream vape. I know there can not be a warranty on the glass products, obviously, but Should the electrical parts and the housing unit not have a better warranty than ONLY one year? It just seems strange I would be spending more money on a product that features not even half the warranty of another product that is somewhat similar.

So you could spend $400.00 for the LSV and never have to worry about it due to the fact you have a LIFETIME warranty on the product, not to mention 15% off any purchase ever from 7th floor, compared to purchasing The Cloud for $450.00, and having to stress about it breaking after a year and you have then lost money on an expensive investment .... any thoughts?

I am really looking forward to owning either the LSV, or The Cloud Vaporizer in the near future (preferably The Cloud). I would be interested to know if anyone on here has been able to try both products and their opinions on each and would also like to know how much vapor is lost when ran through water as I mentioned above. Stonemonkey55, what are the chances The Cloud puts into place a longer warranty for the product, and if it is done when could this be expected? I apologize if this was a confusing or pointless post to some, I just would like more information and some questions answered. Keep on Vaping and I am looking forward to the day I no longer have to deal with plastic bags or rubber tubing regardless of whether or not it comes from the LSV or The Cloud! :peace::peace::peace:

ctvrb24,

herbzzzzzzzz

^ dude get the cloud

the one year warrenty seems short to me too, but i think sm and those folks but it through rigerous testing and if something does malfunction out of the blue, id think they would help you out

and if you worried about breaking the glass, just be extremly careful w/ it, have it in a special space and only take it out to use it, thats what i plan on doing, iam not even gonna take it places, just a little sesh in the morning and ill be set for the day

herbzzzzzzzz,

ctvrb24

I want to buy the cloud, That is vape I ideally want. It just seems paying $450 for a product that would be worthless after a year if it broke seems like a horrible investment compared to paying $400 for a similar product with a LIFETIME warranty. . . Hopefully I will be able to learn more about the cloud in the hear future and what I learn will be enough to convince me to buy it but as of now I am very leery. As far as breaking the glass goes I am not too worried about that at all l0l, just gotta keep it safe like the rest of my glass!

ctvrb24,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
ctvrb24 said:
Hi I am a new user and I have some questions about "The Cloud."

I have only had one vape in my life and that was the SSV from 7th floor and have been very happy with the product. Having said that, I really am looking forward to getting a vape that does not have plastic bags or rubber tubing. After doing my homework I have narrowed my next vape purchase down to two products, The Cloud, or the Life Saber Vape (another 7th floor product). Although The Cloud has yet to hit the market the only thing I can say I dislike about it is the warranty and the price.

Facts I have concluded from researching both vapes. Please keep in mind since The Cloud has yet to hit the market there is only so much info I was able to compile in order to compare it to the LSV, and I in no way have a biased opinion about the two vapes because I have yet to use either one.

LSV
-Made by a US company that has been making quality vapes (my opinion) for a while.
-Option to choose a 10 year, or lifetime warranty that gives you 10% (ten year warranty) or 15% (lifetime warranty) off your entire purchase, plus 10-15% off any purchase you make from the company your entire life.
-Nearly an all glass vapor path
-Can be used 3 ways, glass wand, water pipe adapter (which I know from reading is not 100% perfected), and as a none butane lighter.
-Base Package at $300 features a 3 year warranty and water pipe adapter
-10 year warranty package comes out to $375.59 (and the 10% off any product purchased from them for life as I already mentioned)
-Lifetime Warranty package comes out to $400.04 (and the 15% off any product purchased from them for life as I already mentioned) :brow:

The Cloud
-All glass vapor path. This is what I like most about this vape and is obviously what will be its key selling point :D
-Made by guys who have yet to make their own mainstream vaporizer. This is not a hack on the makers or their intelligence, just a fact. It also may be one of the KEY reasons to why this Vape may end up being so special.
-Features the hydratube glass system which provides you with the coolest vapor hits you will get. This is another reason people will be jumping to get their hands on this vape. I have a question though, I have heard that by running your vapor through water even though you get a cooler, cleaner hit, you also lose a lot of the vapor. Is this true, and if so how much vapor is lost?
-Price for those who did not pre order one of the first 1,000 or so units = $450.00
-Comes with only a one year warranty? I do not know yet if there will be other warranty options available later on but as of now what I have gathered from the vapexhale page that there is only a 1 year warranty with the product

So basically what I want to ask is why buy a product with an all glass vapor path, The Cloud, at $450 that features only a ONE year product warranty coming from a group of people who are producing their first vape? Everything about The Cloud Vape looks more intriguing to me, from the all glass vapor path, to the hydratube system, but with LSV vaporizer you are given a nearly all glass vapor path, and a product that is not only less expensive but has over double the warranty on just the base package ($300, 3 year warranty). I feel like if I am making a $450.00 investment on The Cloud Vape, which is ideally the vaporizer I am looking to buy, it should feature a much longer warranty especially considering it is coming from a group who has yet to make a mainstream vape. I know there can not be a warranty on the glass products, obviously, but Should the electrical parts and the housing unit not have a better warranty than ONLY one year? It just seems strange I would be spending more money on a product that features not even half the warranty of another product that is somewhat similar.

So you could spend $400.00 for the LSV and never have to worry about it due to the fact you have a LIFETIME warranty on the product, not to mention 15% off any purchase ever from 7th floor, compared to purchasing The Cloud for $450.00, and having to stress about it breaking after a year and you have then lost money on an expensive investment .... any thoughts?

I am really looking forward to owning either the LSV, or The Cloud Vaporizer in the near future (preferably The Cloud). I would be interested to know if anyone on here has been able to try both products and their opinions on each and would also like to know how much vapor is lost when ran through water as I mentioned above. Stonemonkey55, what are the chances The Cloud puts into place a longer warranty for the product, and if it is done when could this be expected? I apologize if this was a confusing or pointless post to some, I just would like more information and some questions answered. Keep on Vaping and I am looking forward to the day I no longer have to deal with plastic bags or rubber tubing regardless of whether or not it comes from the LSV or The Cloud! :peace::peace::peace:

Don't have a lot of time this afternoon to follow this one up but...

Your main difference? The LSV is very versatile, and is made by a company with a past and a overall positive reputation. By switching from the SSV to the LSV, you are gaining a couple of features, such as the non butane lighter and the water pipe adapter. but, both of these features are simply a afterthought IMO. Using the heat element as a lighter is nice sometimes, but rather awkward and it seems again just a design afterthought. Not sure what the 7th floor warranty covers, but by using any feature then the standard transfer wand, you expose the glass part and/or the heating element. This could cause problems with units breaking. Not to mention i feel at the $300 price point 7th floor dropped the ball on smoothing out the edges. A ill designed glass heater cover that requires ghetto shimming? Even after that, the heat cover never fits straight into the product, and it leaning to the side is annoying and should have been fixed. The water pipe adapter simply wasn't designed well, and does not have anywhere near the heat retention and function of the Cloud. It really is apples and oranges.

I personally would prefer the shorter warranty on the product with the far superior design. Computer chip and programing aside, the Cloud seems much less likely to break during standard usage. If any issue were to arise with the calibration of the unit, one would assume it would happen within the first year. Remember what dad used to tell you, never go with the extended warranty, its a rip off.

*edit: also worth mentioning that at this time all VXC are made in the US. 7th Floor product? Who even knows anymore. You can jump around to 3 or 4 of their threads and read the latest, but the way they do/did represent themselves as manufacturing all their product in the US when they actually dont is really a reputation killer for me.

The VXC was designed from the ground up to be the best bong toker on the market, it surely is. The LSV is just a diffrent housing on your SSV and is by no means a leap forward or technological advancement in the industry. Not wanting to think truly outside the box, the DBV and LSV are really just SSV clones IMO

IAmKrazy2,

ctvrb24

Thanks for the info ^ ... I am hoping stonemonkey55 will be able to give some info on future warranty options. As I have said many times now the cloud is the vape I want I am just very leery over the price combined with only a 1 year warranty. Stonemonkey55, if The Cloud were to break down what is the possible, expected cost on getting a product fixed AND does anyone know how much vapor is lost by sending it through water?

ctvrb24,

mongorian

Perfectly Toasted
I am a single vape owner too (DBV) - well except the IOLite, but we won't even discuss that.

Keep in mind, as far as the vape experience goes between the LSV and the VXL-C...

similar != same in any way, shape, or form

I have not used the LSV myself, but from what I can tell it is simply SSV/DBV internals stuck into a new mount (enclosure). It doesn't seem to me like they have done anything to address the true underlying issues with their product lineup - maybe they don't see that they have any. The LSV is certainly no break-through vape, and IMO is way overpriced considering it doesn't come with a glass water piece to perfectly accompany it.

However... I fully agree that the VXL-C _should_ have a longer than 1 year warranty - I would be much happier with even just 2 years, though 3 would be ideal. Most of us have been drooling over this thing for over a year already as it is - we should at least get a warranty that outlasts our wait time, right? :-P

SM - Is a longer warranty something your team has considered given the admittedly hefty (yet reasonable, I feel) price, and highly advanced internals involved with the Cloud?

mongorian,

mongorian

Perfectly Toasted
Also... I would say that with the thickness and richness of the vapor we've seen produced here, the amount lost to the water filtration is negligible.

mongorian,

reece

ctvrb24 said:
The Cloud

Except, the Cloud doesn't have an all glass vapor path. Mostly glass, yes, not 100%.

reece,

abo27495

I believe it is all glass--except if you count the bowl.

And it might not be the best idea for vxl to extend the warranty. Zephyr had a great warranty and was raided by the government because they accepted back used units. I obviously would like as good of a warranty as possible, but not at the expense of the company's future.

abo27495,

jdee

invisible bowls that suspend the herb in space so as not to alter the taste anyone? :uhoh:

jdee,

mongorian

Perfectly Toasted
I know that the 1-year warranty will not keep me from snatching mine up with the quickness.

There isn't another vape out there that could offer a warranty long enough to persuade me otherwise.

I'm just hoping the last minute (hardware?) changes being made don't introduce new issues that in turn delay the release by many more months. I really don't want to be looking forward to a holiday season release again, for another year.

mongorian,

ctvrb24

So we are expecting it to be released around November-December of this year barring any complications?

ctvrb24,

weedemon

enthusiast
reece said:
Except, the Cloud doesn't have an all glass vapor path. Mostly glass, yes, not 100%.

yep i agree also. SM55 explained that the vapor community is still searching for that holy grail of technology where someone introduces the "glass screen". Not the glass stars and jacks i used to buy for my pipes and bongs, but a glass woven screen.

I believe it is possible too. I was watching a show where richard hammond was explaining how when you get glass, heat it and stretch it super thin there is no room for stress points or fractures to form and as a result it's flexible, and 6-8 times as strong as steel! they used this stuff in conjunction with a thin sheet of aluminum to make an airplane housing.

was really neat and made me start thinking bout sm55's post. i think it's a little bit down the road yet, but i still think it's totally possible! :)

weedemon,

max

Out to lunch
YES, a 3 year warranty would be IDEAL
I disagree. On the buyer/owner end, a lifetime warranty would be ideal. And make it unconditional (including broken glass due to user error) like Magic Flight. ;) Of course 3 yrs. (or two) would be preferred to one, but hopefully it'll be very reliable and warranty length won't be an issue. And should you have to pay for repair, after a year, I feel sure that sm and company will be reasonable on repair cost.

abo27495 said:
And it might not be the best idea for vxl to extend the warranty. Zephyr had a great warranty and was raided by the government because they accepted back used units. I obviously would like as good of a warranty as possible, but not at the expense of the company's future.
Since any vape maker offering a warranty (or even repair for a price) would be accepting used units from buyers, saying this is the reason that Zephry was raided makes no sense, nor does the length of the warranty. We've seen multiple year warranties offered by quite a few companies, for years now.

reece said:
Why wouldn't you count the bowl? Isn't the bowl a part of the vapor path?
Technically, you can't call it an all glass path, but I think it's important to think about what you're trying to accomplish by using one. One reason you wouldn't count the bowl is that vape bowls (or screens, in most cases) aren't subjected to nearly enough heat to be an issue. As for taste/smell, if it's good enough for sm, I'd think it would pass for the vast majority of people. What you obviously want to avoid, in the vapor path, are electronics or other materials that could be unsafe or degrade the taste/smell experience. I'm sure this is where the desire for an all glass vapor path comes from. If you exclude everything from the path but glass, to meet the definition, you end up with an extremely short list of vapes with the all glass path. The Vapolution, used with the AIW glass bowl, certainly qualifies. But that model, like any other that doesn't use a typical screen, makes loading and using a more difficult experience, since a metal screen does the best job, all things considered. So although you can't say the Cloud has an ALL glass path, it does qualify in the important areas.

weedemon said:
I was watching a show where richard hammond was explaining how when you get glass and stretch it super think there is no room for stress points or fractures to form and as a result it's flexible, and 6-8 times as strong as steel!
I hope this kind of technology gets cheap enough for vape screens for me to actually use it. Strong, flexible glass-wow.

max,

reece

max said:
reece said:
Why wouldn't you count the bowl? Isn't the bowl a part of the vapor path?
Technically, you can't call it an all glass path, but I think it's important to think about what you're trying to accomplish by using one. One reason you wouldn't count the bowl is that vape bowls (or screens, in most cases) aren't subjected to nearly enough heat to be an issue. As for taste/smell, if it's good enough for sm, I'd think it would pass for the vast majority of people. What you obviously want to avoid, in the vapor path, are electronics or other materials that could be unsafe or degrade the taste/smell experience. I'm sure this is where the desire for an all glass vapor path comes from. If you exclude everything from the path but glass, to meet the definition, you end up with an extremely short list of vapes with the all glass path. The Vapolution, used with the AIW glass bowl, certainly qualifies. But that model, like any other that doesn't use a typical screen, makes loading and using a more difficult experience, since a metal screen does the best job, all things considered. So although you can't say the Cloud has an ALL glass path, it does qualify in the important areas.

I agree with you and I don't mean it as a knock against the Cloud. Admittedly, I'm a bit anal about this kind of thing; truth in advertising. Until I saw the video and really paid attention to the bowl, I thought, because the company advertises it as such, the vapor path was 100% glass. If you're going to claim ALL glass, it should be all glass. On the home page it clearly says "100% glass." As you have stated, and as Stonemonkey has stated, it is not 100% glass. So, in my mind, it shouldn't be advertised as such.

To be clear, I don't think there is any intent to be deceptive. Nor does this take away from what seems to be an awesome product.

reece,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom