Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Pappy said:
Stu said:
Nice info, Pappy. You meant to say 18 millimeter joint (an 18 inch joint would be something!).

Can you still hit it without supporting the cloud when it's at that angle? Or is it necessary to use both hands?
Thanks Stu, the sins of ad libbing... It was early and I was el stonedo! :lol:

I chuckled at the inch thing too...also nice vid pappy! That joint should fix the issue of the cloud being too big on a couple water pipes ive seen.

Also, love the song sober driver from your earlier vid....it's been officially incorporated into my wake n vake playlist... :-)

Purpl3_Haz3,

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
Are smaller sized EZ Load bowls still on the horizon? I'm a guy who can get where I need to be with 1 PD stem. I'm afraid that after using the cloud I'm going to inevitably use a significantly greater amount of herb which affects my wallet and tolerance. Would using a PD sized load in the Cloud be illogical?

Deadhead101,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Deadhead101 said:
Are smaller sized EZ Load bowls still on the horizon? I'm a guy who can get where I need to be with 1 PD stem. I'm afraid that after using the cloud I'm going to inevitably use a significantly greater amount of herb which affects my wallet and tolerance. Would using a PD sized load in the Cloud be illogical?

I'll test this when i get my beta back. From what i found right away though, it would not be a problem at all to use the stock bowl with a PD size amount. I will measure out an exact one and try as soon as possible, but i think you'd be golden with stock bowl. My guess, one pretty decent size Cloud and one wispy puff out of one PD load.

IAmKrazy2,

Deadhead101

@iamcrazy: I look forward to see what you find. Generally with my PD bong setup I get one strong hit and then another less strong hit after regrinding, so your prediction of the Cloud sounds on par.

Deadhead101,

max

Out to lunch
They could certainly make a shorter bowl, but I'm not sure how much demand there'd be. Since the screen cap makes this a self contained bowl- a bowl with a push on top if you will, it's easy to just leave a partially cooked bowl in the unit, or take it out to save it for later. You're only gonna use more with the current bowl if you load more and/or then finish off the bowl. Just stop when you're good, instead of when the bowl is done.

max,

Deadhead101

I've never been the type of vaporist who leaves an uncompleted bowl for later. I guess I like to get started with what I finish. I also like having the complete spectrum of effects each time I vape. What Im wondering is firstly would a smaller bowl even be more efficient for smaller loads, and if so is there potential for the smaller bowls to be created (at a later point of time when things are not so hectic).

Deadhead101,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Originally there were plans for a Party bowl and an Efficiency bowl. That was before the ELB design appeared on the scene. I'm not sure how this design would accommodate a much bigger bowl, but again, I haven't seen it in person. It looks to me that the ELB eliminates the need for a smaller bowl, since you can do a partial load as max suggests.

Again beta testers, I am interested in more information about this topic (load sizes and comparisons) so that I can expand the Vaporpedia entry.

pakalolo,

max

Out to lunch
pakalolo said:
Originally there were plans for a Party bowl and an Efficiency bowl. That was before the ELB design appeared on the scene. I'm not sure how this design would accommodate a much bigger bowl, but again, I haven't seen it in person. It looks to me that the ELB eliminates the need for a smaller bowl, since you can do a partial load as max suggests.

Again beta testers, I am interested in more information about this topic (load sizes and comparisons) so that I can expand the Vaporpedia entry.
I did a quick test, loading a bowl with herb ground in a 4 pc., and another with some ground in a 2 pc. for the PD and LB. This a narrow bowl with a screen for the sides, so herb doesn't always just drop smoothly down. It can stick to the sides some and make a load size vary quite a bit. With the 4 pc. grind, I had .13g, not packed, just pushed in, and it came to the top of the bowl. The fine grind came to 2/3 full by tapping the bowl on the table, and half full with packing it down lightly-weighed .22g, making for a .33g full bowl with tapping, and .44g with light packing. With really fine ground herb, and packing it, I'm sure a full bowl could weigh as much as a half gram. With such a wide range of load amounts, depending on the grind and whether it's packed or not, I don't know how useful the info is. Of course packing in a half gram would restrict air flow, with also a good chance that you'd have to dump the bowl out, mix it up, and reload, to get it all cooked. Not a real world load, for sure, but I can see some making a mistake and loading that much.

With much more thorough testing of bowl loads on the PD, back when it first came out, I got a range from .025 to .075g for a full bowl, again depending on the grind and how it was packed. Even though I reported the details, and made it clear that a 'normal' load could be anywhere in between those numbers, most people ended up reporting .025g as how much the PD bowl held, when actually those same people could have been regularly loading twice that amount. This is why I hate to hear the question 'how many hits do you get from a bowl?' And that doesn't even take into account how big a hit is, which can vary quite a bit, person to person.

I don't know if those figures are what you're looking for, but it gives a range of what people might load. I just don't like what some do with the info. It tends to get mis-reported-they just grab a number and run with it.

max,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thanks max.

I share your concern about this sort of metric. Ask me how many hits on an LB trench and I always qualify my answer much the way you just did. Because the LB wants a really fine grind and you don't (or shouldn't) pack it down, it's a bit easier to approximate the weight of a trench, but only a bit. I'm not sure yet how to incorporate this into Vaporpedia, but I'll chew on it. I appreciate the help. Meanwhile, all input welcome.

pakalolo,

Pappy

shmaporist
max said:
The fine grind came to 2/3 full by tapping the bowl on the table, and half full with packing it down lightly-weighed .22g, making for a .33g full bowl with tapping, and .44g with light packing.
Wow, I said .34g per bowl average so we're only .001 grams apart! Great minds think alike. ;)

Pappy,

max

Out to lunch
pakalolo said:
I'm not sure yet how to incorporate this into Vaporpedia, but I'll chew on it. I appreciate the help. Meanwhile, all input welcome.
I'll try and get motivated to weigh some more and let you know what numbers I come up with.

Pappy said:
Wow, I said .34g per bowl average so we're only .001 grams apart! Great minds think alike.
I'd say that's a good load, and maybe as much as you'd want, and still have good air flow. If you were 'guesstimating', or even using the typical .1g scale, I'd say you're the great mind. I'm just weighing with a high quality scale. ;)

max,

Pappy

shmaporist
max said:
Pappy said:
Wow, I said .34g per bowl average so we're only .001 grams apart! Great minds think alike.
I'd say that's a good load, and maybe as much as you'd want, and still have good air flow. If you were 'guesstimating', or even using the typical .1g scale, I'd say you're the great mind. I'm just weighing with a high quality scale. ;)
Thanks! Experienced guesstimate. :D

Pappy,

B.

War Criminal
Deadhead101 said:
I've never been the type of vaporist who leaves an uncompleted bowl for later. I guess I like to get started with what I finish. I also like having the complete spectrum of effects each time I vape. What Im wondering is firstly would a smaller bowl even be more efficient for smaller loads, and if so is there potential for the smaller bowls to be created (at a later point of time when things are not so hectic).

totally agree about the full spectrum of effects. i've found i'd rather kill a .1 than have three sessions off a .3, even tho those hits will be thicker. I will save up three .1 loads and load em up for a bedtime session tho :ko:

B.,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Being able to pack PD sized bowls is cool for sampling and grazing, but I am more curious if some brave, gluttonous early-adopter would let us know how much it holds cram-packed (and how it performs that way). :brow:

Things are looking good in Cloudtown, Monkeyfornia. :D :wave:

Progress,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Progress said:
Being able to pack PD sized bowls is cool for sampling and grazing, but I am more curious if some brave, gluttonous early-adopter would let us know how much it holds cram-packed (and how it performs that way). :brow:

Things are looking good in Cloudtown, Monkeyfornia. :D :wave:

Ill have to put it on a scale, but it worked real well like this... great task, I'm up for it too! Will find out what the max load is on a fairly fine grind tappered down. Nice thing about the ez bowl is you can always have a fresh one ready, if you packed it up too small. I think ill order maybe 8 extra ez bowls with my vxc if they are avalible.

IAmKrazy2,

OO

Technical Skeptical
max said:
pakalolo said:

I did a quick test, loading a bowl with herb ground in a 4 pc., and another with some ground in a 2 pc. for the PD and LB. This a narrow bowl with a screen for the sides, so herb doesn't always just drop smoothly down. It can stick to the sides some and make a load size vary quite a bit. With the 4 pc. grind, I had .13g, not packed, just pushed in, and it came to the top of the bowl. The fine grind came to 2/3 full by tapping the bowl on the table, and half full with packing it down lightly-weighed .22g, making for a .33g full bowl with tapping, and .44g with light packing. With really fine ground herb, and packing it, I'm sure a full bowl could weigh as much as a half gram. With such a wide range of load amounts, depending on the grind and whether it's packed or not, I don't know how useful the info is. Of course packing in a half gram would restrict air flow, with also a good chance that you'd have to dump the bowl out, mix it up, and reload, to get it all cooked. Not a real world load, for sure, but I can see some making a mistake and loading that much.

With much more thorough testing of bowl loads on the PD, back when it first came out, I got a range from .025 to .075g for a full bowl, again depending on the grind and how it was packed. Even though I reported the details, and made it clear that a 'normal' load could be anywhere in between those numbers, most people ended up reporting .025g as how much the PD bowl held, when actually those same people could have been regularly loading twice that amount. This is why I hate to hear the question 'how many hits do you get from a bowl?' And that doesn't even take into account how big a hit is, which can vary quite a bit, person to person.

I don't know if those figures are what you're looking for, but it gives a range of what people might load. I just don't like what some do with the info. It tends to get mis-reported-they just grab a number and run with it.

that's unfortunate, because having seen that same number as many times as i have now, i've been under the impression that it was the average.

i have a vape that on average uses 0.035g, which is the actual average value.
but i have a very consistent setup, that never even varies an entire hundredth of a gram.

OO,

Pappy

shmaporist
OO said:
[that's unfortunate, because having seen that same number as many times as i have now, i've been under the impression that it was the average.

but i have a very consistent setup, that never even varies an entire hundredth of a gram.
If you do not seek robust hits then the VXC probably isn't for you. The VXC delivers milky clouds in reasonably rapid succession. That's its design signature. If you prefer more hits per gram -- albeit smaller less potent hits -- other vapes (logs, MFLB) are better suited. Both are efficient at what they do. It all depends on what you prefer.

Pappy,

Deadhead101

Pappy said:
OO said:
[that's unfortunate, because having seen that same number as many times as i have now, i've been under the impression that it was the average.

If you do not seek robust hits then the VXC probably isn't for you. The VXC delivers milky clouds in reasonably rapid succession. That's its design signature. If you prefer more hits per gram -- albeit smaller less potent hits -- other vapes (logs, MFLB) are better suited. Both are efficient at what they do. It all depends on what you prefer.
What is it in the Cloud's design that keeps it from being able to achieve log like efficiency with log vape sized loads?

Deadhead101,

Pappy

shmaporist
Deadhead101 said:
What is it in the Cloud's design that keeps it from being able to achieve log like efficiency with log vape sized loads?
Volume... Robust rips vesus tiny sips.

Pappy,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I see no reason why this vape can't be used efficiently...I just haven't tried because I am too busy enjoying the massive hits! It actually has a design similar to the logs. Air is drawn from below (logs draw from above) straight up the center, gets heated and drawn over the herbs at the top before going into a tube for distribution. Even the bowl's design and postion are similar to the logs and, because of that, I think it could be very efficient. The Cloud has a long, cylindrical bowl like the logs, but it also has screen around the sides (not just the bottom) that allow air to penetrate from the sides and bottom, creating a more even cook. If the narrowness of the log bowls helps makes them efficient, then the Cloud will benefit as well, just not as much as it is a little thicker. I'll get to efficeincy testing soon enough, as I started packing lighter bowls last night with great results.

The routine of setting up and using the Cloud was my biggest hurdle...it is just so different from other vapes. But once I got it down, I love it! Holding it and hitting it feels like hitting my PD with the carb tube...which was my fave way to hit anyhow...it just has more pleasurable vapor, imo. I hold the unit in one hand and hit it hard, then rock the tube with my other hand to lift it a little to clear the chamber. One thing I tested last night...the Cloud seems to prefer heavy hitting. I think I am getting thicker hits by sucking harder. It's counter-intuitive for vaporists, but perfect for bong-hitters. And the only time I don't use ice is when I forget to bring it to my vape zone.

I have not even considered getting out any other vape yet...and I don't think it's because it's new. The Cloud is fucking awesome! Thick, tasty, cool and soothing vapor delivered without the particulates! I think I have less shit in my throat after using it for only a week now. I used to get all kinds of ungodly shit in my mouth from the SSV, but the Cloudeliminates all that!

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
Pappy said:
Deadhead101 said:
Volume... Robust rips vesus tiny sips.
Yep. And it's a matter of using the right tool for the goal you want to achieve. Log vapes give you nice dosing- sip away and after a while, you find yourself at a good elevation and just don't want to load another for a while. With the Cloud, a couple of big rips, with some highly quality bud, can get you really fucked up in a hurry, but you're not gonna get that by loading .03g, which can be a full bowl on a log vape.

You can use alcohol as an analogy too. Downing a few quick shots of straight booze is gonna get you inebriated in a hurry. Take those same shots and pour 'em into a liter or two of water, and start sipping. Chances are, a lot of people are gonna stretch those shots out, in the jug of water, a lot longer. It takes longer to drink, due to the volume of water, and gives the drinker more time to feel the effects. If you're drinking with the guys, you might add to those few quick shots right away, before you've felt the full effects from the first 3. And like putting very small amounts in a bong type vape, putting your shots in a large volume of water isn't gonna be very satisfying. It amounts to drinking a lot of water that just has a bitter taste.

So certainly you can load .03g in a full sized, big hitting vape like the Cloud, but that's a not a satisfying way to use it. You don't buy a sports car with a V8 and then drive it to maximize gas mileage. Long term, you're gonna be much happier using the Cloud for the big hits it's designed for, and if you want to sip and conserve sometimes, buy a log vape or something that can be more satisfying with the restricted hits that the design mandates. Now, if you only want to own one vape, the Cloud can certainly do both big loads and tiny ones, but it'll take some discipline to keep loading those tiny amounts. Efficiency isn't 100% about the hardware. It has a psychological aspect as well.

max,

m0j0h4nd

I'm very curious to know what scales you are using to determine these weights and what the accuracy of these scales are.

m0j0h4nd,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom