Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0j0h4nd

max said:
m0j0h4nd said:
I think it would have been a good idea to let this forum know the presale prices were going to change. At the presale price I was a definite sale and now I'm on the fence. I knew it was a risk to wait and I guess that could be my loss.

Elluzion said:
^Yeah personally I would have DEFINITELY gotten this vape for $350, but for $450, I would not get this vape, more likely the Oracle infared vaporizer if I am in the $450-$500 price range...
That is part of what made the cloud special was the price. I didn't know at all that it was a pre-sale price, I guess I missed out
While it would have been nice to know the deadline for presale pricing, those prices were available for a long, long time, and 'presale pricing' was stated on the site and in this thread quite a few times. It's also been stated multiple times that the Cloud will be available later without the hydratube, for those with existing glass or for those who want something less expensive to use with it. It's a long thread, granted, but it's easy to do a search for stonemonkey55 posts in this section, in order to find pertinent info.

All I am saying is it would have been nice to know the deadline for presale pricing. My point when I made my post was not to say the Cloud is not worth the money at the new price or to express my surprise that the price went up, but to point out that if stonemonkey55 had given this forum a heads up then he may have secured more orders from people like me who have been on the fence and have been waiting to hear more feedback. I have read this entire thread, and like I said in my post I knew the presale price was a limited time offer and waiting was a risk. Again...my loss.

m0j0h4nd,

max

Out to lunch
stickstones said:
you gotta tell more about the finger valve...I wanna play with that!
Partially blocking the tube opening restricts the air flow, making for a higher vapor to air ratio and a more vapor rich hit. Moving your finger back and forth across the opening during the hit is like tightening/loosening an air valve for greater/lesser air flow. Decrease the air flow, while maintaining the same draw speed, and you're increasing the temp too. Random movements with your finger across the opening can give you roller coaster type hits. The ability to alter air flow like this is a huge plus IMO. My SSV use is pretty much at an end I think.

malawigold said:
somebody clear this up for me....
if we reserved when the price said 349 is that our price or did we just get mugged out of an extra 100 automatically?
If you filled out the presale form you should be on the list and eligible for the presale price. sm addressed this question last page-
stonemonkey55 said:
Sortero, email me at stonemonkey@VapeXhale.com and I will check to make sure your preorder was received.
Email sm if you're worried about your preorder.

m0j0h4nd said:
All I am saying is it would have been nice to know the deadline for presale pricing. My point when I made my post was not to say the Cloud is not worth the money at the new price or to express my surprise that the price went up, but to point out that if stonemonkey55 had given this forum a heads up then he may have secured more orders from people like me who have been on the fence and have been waiting to hear more feedback. I have read this entire thread, and like I said in my post I knew the presale price was a limited time offer and waiting was a risk. Again...my loss.
And I agreed it would have been nice to have known the deadline for presale. OTOH your last comment about the Cloud, back in Jan., was that you were going to wait until it was released before doing anything. Released means presale is over, right? At least it does to me.

max,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
malawigold said:
if we reserved when the price said 349 is that our price or did we just get mugged out of an extra 100 automatically?

If they were now demanding an extra $100 from people who reserved (they aren't) you could simply refuse to buy. You haven't been "mugged" out of anything since you haven't given anyone a cent yet.

On other matters:

I'm trying to keep the Vaporpedia VXC entry up to date and I'm already falling behind. Would you beta testers mind commenting directly on a) load size and b) efficiency? For purposes of this let's define "efficiency" as getting the most out of the least.

I've got Pappy's numbers but is .3-.4g typical? Is that half, quarter, two/thirds or what of an ELB? Lo mentions small loads, about twice PD size. Can somebody who has both drop in a PD size load and compare?

Thanks. I'll immortalize your words...

pakalolo,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
charliedontsurf said:
m0j0h4nd said:
I think it would have been a good idea to let this forum know the presale prices were going to change. At the presale price I was a definite sale and now I'm on the fence. I knew it was a risk to wait and I guess that could be my loss.

I second that completely. It would be nice to have the deal extended out. Is there ever going to be a package sold with no tubes? I've seen youtubes of people just using the VXC like a wand and it seemed to work great.

Having never handled a VXC I could be wrong, but couldn't the VXC be rigged up to blow bags with some R&D? I know that's not its purpose, but it might be a lucrative and cool addition to the device.

Using egzoset's method of bag blowing with the ha, having a bag inside of a container made of bottles, then sucking the air around the bag out of the bottles, forcing the bag to fill with Vape, we could blow bags with the q too...

Purpl3_Haz3,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
i wonder if we should start comparing the vxc to the ha? it seems like they have a lot in common. restricting the airhole on the ha produces similar results. however, i find that if you want consistent hits at a specific temp, then you will not benefit from 'feathering' the air intake. there is another thread (dont remeber which), wherein a few people speculate what happens when you cover the hole on vapes such as the vxc rain, verdamper, ha, and magic wand etc.

notmyrealUSERname,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
:D

First (hit) impression: Most satisfying vapor I've ever inhaled.

I'm off to do some serious testing. Will report back, but here are some quick photos because I know I was dying to see more!

http://imgur.com/a/QAbx5/all

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!

vtac,

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
malawigold said:

Quote thing ain't working for urs pakalolo:
If they were now demanding an extra $100 from people who reserved (they aren't) you could simply refuse to buy. You haven't been "mugged" out of anything since you haven't given anyone a cent yet.

I'd consider it a mugging if they
A. Created a product that is simply irresistable (they acccomplished this)
B. Set us a price to sign up
C. Raised the price for all including the ones that preordered at 349

This is simply known as a bait and switch that is all too common in marketing

Regardless i have been told that preorder people are secured their 349 if that's what they signed up for :)
The Smoke is cleared and the Vapors can be brought!

malawigold,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
The preorder and introductory price lasted about 6 months longer then anyone thought, so if you didn't get on the waiting list in that timer period, it's your own damn fault fellas. You had no obligation to buy, the early bird gets the worm.

@malawigold you were not mugged out of anything. To anyone bitching and moaning about the new price- You had over a year to sign up for the preorder list. Price to high? Buy another vape or just dont pick up a VXC, problem solved.
My issue? The VX crew could have left the price the same for another 6 months and everyone still would have come out of the woodwork to bitch as soon as it went up. Have an issue? Try emailing SM55, cause your moaning is giving me a headache.

Many vapes have started at a given price, then went up later. The PD, MZ, SSV, DBV, MW, IV, just to name a few. I still believe at the $450 price point, this is a great value and very competitive.

With my VHW dying yesterday, I miss my VXC that much more... I am debating if i should buy a replacement for my VHW while i wait for my replacement Cloud. Looking forward to trying some of these little things other testers have tried, like partially covering the air intake to vary hit density... interesting.

IAmKrazy2,

mongorian

Perfectly Toasted
^^ Dang... Someone's a little grumpy without their Cloud today. Sorry Krazy, couldn't help it. :-P
malawigold said:
Regardless i have been told that preorder people are secured their 349 if that's what they signed up for.
The Smoke is cleared and the Vapors can be brought!
I think he was actually concurring with the general consensus here.

mongorian,

honeboy

Thanks stickstones for the info on the ice sessions. I think you have the showerdome which is what I ordered. Will try to wait patiently until I can have my own ice sessions. Interesting idea on the herbal tea too.

honeboy,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
honeboy...I was looking at mine last night and I'm pretty sure it is a shower dome. Definitely not a tree dome. Mine is the same as vtac's in his pics linked above.

stickstones,

herbzzzzzzzz

iam goin on a tbreak until the cloud gets up and goin full production, goin from blunts to the cloud, its going to be great, the only vape i ever tried was mflb and while it got the job done it didnt quite satisfy me to the fullest, i always wanted ice filtration with big rips and then searching this forum one day seeing the cloud was a dream come true, so as of today iam doing what this site stands for, fuck combustion and goin to wait it out, save up and return w/ a new harvest and the cloud, thank you and goodnight

herbzzzzzzzz,

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
I was signed up for the preorder list and was concerned about the price raise as I thought I might have to pay that price even if i registered in august...
sorry if it seemed like i was complaining thanks for reading deep mongorian ;)

malawigold,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
TGIF! Just to be clear, we are honoring all the pre-order prices. Let me also apologize for not giving a formal notice on the price increase. I had just assumed that when I wrote a few pages back that we have already eclipsed the 1,000 pre-order mark and that we would accept pre-orders for a little while longer was some indication that the intro pricing was coming to an end. Because of that....

imagine me channeling my inner Billy Mays

We will extend pre-order pricing to anyone who wants to pre-register up until this Sunday, May 8th

I wish we could extend it longer but given the current manufacturing costs for the Cloud, it just doesn't fiscally make sense. We do have plans for achieving efficiencies in our manufacturing process but as of right now, given the amount of labor needed to assemble the Clouds, we had to raise prices accordingly to keep the business going.

I'm happy that everyone has been enjoying their Clouds. The feedback has been excellent and I'm confident that the next iteration will smooth out the remaining rough edges. Now that I work in San Francisco, I get to stop by at least one dispensary a day to show off the Cloud. It is pretty cool to see everyone's faces after they try the Cloud, especially the places that have other vapes for them to try. Seeing the reaction first hand is extremely motivating and we are hard at work to get this done. Thanks again for all the support and enjoy the Clouds.

stonemonkey55,
stonemonkey55 said:
We will extend pre-order pricing to anyone who wants to pre-register up until this Sunday, May 8th

This is a great gesture from some great folks, and in at least this case, it has earned you a sale. Thanks!

2 dumbass questions though: We don't need to pay until our units are ready to ship?
And as a question to those who have tried both tubes, could I get an opinion on which you prefer? I'll start combing the thread but I'd like to know if there are any new opinions anyway.

Thanks VXL.

charliedontsurf,

m0j0h4nd

stonemonkey55 said:
TGIF! Just to be clear, we are honoring all the pre-order prices. Let me also apologize for not giving a formal notice on the price increase. I had just assumed that when I wrote a few pages back that we have already eclipsed the 1,000 pre-order mark and that we would accept pre-orders for a little while longer was some indication that the intro pricing was coming to an end. Because of that....

imagine me channeling my inner Billy Mays

I wish we could extend it longer but given the current manufacturing costs for the Cloud, it just doesn't fiscally make sense. We do have plans for achieving efficiencies in our manufacturing process but as of right now, given the amount of labor needed to assemble the Clouds, we had to raise prices accordingly to keep the business going.

I'm happy that everyone has been enjoying their Clouds. The feedback has been excellent and I'm confident that the next iteration will smooth out the remaining rough edges. Now that I work in San Francisco, I get to stop by at least one dispensary a day to show off the Cloud. It is pretty cool to see everyone's faces after they try the Cloud, especially the places that have other vapes for them to try. Seeing the reaction first hand is extremely motivating and we are hard at work to get this done. Thanks again for all the support and enjoy the Clouds.

Thank you stonemonkey55. Like charliedontsurf, this gesture of extending the pre-order pricing has sealed the deal for me. I just placed my pre-order.

m0j0h4nd,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
malawigold said:
I was signed up for the preorder list and was concerned about the price raise as I thought I might have to pay that price even if i registered in august...
sorry if it seemed like i was complaining thanks for reading deep mongorian ;)

Didnt see your latest post, until after i had finished my last one. glad you got it figured out, glad you'll be in the club. you wont be dissapointed, i think even those who never vape through water are going to be addicted. Hell, those who dont even vape are going to be hooked. This thing is simply the shit.

@charlie I dont believe anyone has both HydraTube styles excpet maybe SM and the VXC crew themselves. Obviously, both tubes will be winners, but there is some info from SM55 and some other glassheads about the differences of diffrent defuser types. If i remember correctly the tree has more chug, but i am uncertain,

IAmKrazy2,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
stonemonkey55 said:

Ahhhhh, groan (that's my budget complaining). You've got me! Just done. (except I think I chose the wrong tube by mistake, but I'll be happy with whatever)

Good man SM, a fine gesture well appreciated :2c:

WatTyler,

tdandre

maconheiro revolucionario
i know all the glass is amazing, but just out of curiosity has anyone tried it natively, i mean drawing directly from the VHX with no extra attachments? is it even possible?

tdandre,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I have not tried directly drawing... Not sure how hot that would be. I have tried a dry hydratube and even that is a very smooth hit. I'm totally smitten and really can't wait for production models to get out there. Love it!!

Lo,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
vtac said:
:D

First (hit) impression: Most satisfying vapor I've ever inhaled.

I'm off to do some serious testing. Will report back, but here are some quick photos because I know I was dying to see more!

http://imgur.com/a/QAbx5/all

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!

@vtac - wow, that took like 2.5 weeks to get to your house. Hopefully you patience was rewarded and the unit lived up to your expectations. Thank you very much for those beautiful pictures, I wish I took the time to really figure out how to use my DSLR but between you and Pappy, those photographs will more than make up for my pictures.

Keep using and enjoying the unit, I expect an in-depth analysis from the founder of Fuckcombustion. Have a great weekend.

stonemonkey55,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
the gong attachemnt gets hot, so your not goign to suck on it. you could attach a whip or some glass attachment, but that's what the hydratube is already. I also have hit it dry and it is a thick hitter.

stickstones,

EntRance

Looking great! Just crossing my fingers, hoping my pre-order is properly in the system (Dec 2010), and waiting for my Cloud! Thanks for taking the time to make something revolutionary, and give us such a great deal on it with the pre-order pricing!

EntRance,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom