Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

abo27495

SM55 said that their in-hosue glass blower was making the hydra tubes. I thought they were being made by sgw and vertigo. whats the story?

abo27495,

havock69

abo27495 said:
SM55 said that their in-hosue glass blower was making the hydra tubes. I thought they were being made by sgw and vertigo. whats the story?
When was that said? That's the first I've heard of that.

mod note: You obviously haven't read the thread or done a search of stonemonkey's post in Vaporizer Discussion. The info posts are easy to find.

havock69,

Pappy

shmaporist
m0j0h4nd said:
I'm very curious to know what scales you are using to determine these weights and what the accuracy of these scales are.
Ohaus Triple Beam and Salter electronic although my approximations are mostly empirical.

Pappy,

ShadowLink12

Activist
abo27495 said:

To put this story to rest...SGW and Vertigo have produced hydratubes for the pre order people which have been seen over and over and in videos, but sm55 and pictures suggest that VXL have brought on an in-house glass blower that has started producing hydratubes for wholesale production. And in all honestly, I am excitited about the opportunity to grab a VXL Tree Hydratube, it looks sick, and most importantly to me, has a recessed joint (go over to facebook for quick access to the pics)

Any chance sm55 that we can get some videos of VXL stock hydratubes in action?

ShadowLink12,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
m0j0h4nd said:
I'm very curious to know what scales you are using to determine these weights and what the accuracy of these scales are.

I've got a Vibe EQ7S. It weighs up to 50g +/- .01g (10 mg). I've taken it to work and calibrated it against a Summit 60g/.01 mg balance. It is out by the stated amount. Depends on wind current, humidity, static electricity, etc (we worry about this at work all the time, and have dedicated balance rooms).

I paid $59 Cdn around Jan/10.

Tom

tdavie,

aero18

vaporist
I love love the shape of beaker bongs, but I love the clear of the straight tubes.

It would be a great idea to shape the vaporxhale like a beaker bottom and somehow allow the hydratube to be attached to the vaporxhale. This way, it would feel like a conventional bong that could be easily passed around or left on a rug or carpet upright.

aero18,

max

Out to lunch
m0j0h4nd said:
Just like with vaporizers, you buy a quality brand name from a manuf. that supplies a good warranty and one you can contact. You need accuracy to .01g (.001g is obviously better but the price goes way up), and even then, with amounts under .1g, it's a must to load multiple bowls (I used 10, with multiple tests) and get an average. Use a .1g scale and the plus/minus is too large to deal with bowl amounts for log vapes. For larger bowls, like full sized whip models, where .5g can be easily loaded, a .1g scale can still give you a range of .4 to .6. That kind of accuracy is useless for measuring PD bowls. I use a My Weigh (30 yr. warranty) Durascale 50, and I always use multiple loads and averaging when dealing with bowl estimates under .1g.

And IMO paying too much attention to exact amounts used in log vape bowls, and to a lesser degree the Cloud, is a waste of time. Load a little or a lot-you're still gonna get the vapor. Use a tiny amount in the Cloud, and you're not gonna feel much WHEN you hit, but the effects will be there, and holding the hit is easy. Load a lot and you can get a huge hit, as you would with smoking a bong, but can you absorb all the compounds from a huge hit in a few seconds? I've taken many a hit from my MFLB, with a tiny amount loaded, or at the end of the bowl life, and felt like I got no vapor at all, yet seconds later I could feel the effects. With the Cloud, I'd think the goal for most would be to get a lot more than a micro hit. I like to get a big hit with the Cloud, but also one I can hold for longer than 3 seconds.

Here's a good reference for some good scale brands- http://www.digitalscale.com/scalemagazine.htm

tdavie said:
I've got a Vibe EQ7S. It weighs up to 50g +/- .01g (10 mg). I've taken it to work and calibrated it against a Summit 60g/.01 mg balance. It is out by the stated amount. Depends on wind current, humidity, static electricity, etc (we worry about this at work all the time, and have dedicated balance rooms).
I paid $59 Cdn around Jan/10.
I'd say $50 is probably a good price point to start, for a good .01g scale.

aero18 said:
... it would feel like a conventional bong that could be easily passed around or left on a rug or carpet upright.
With the current design, you can certainly easily pass the unit around with tube installed, but a carpet would have to be your typical office building type, and putting the unit down with tube installed (even with a wider base) is probably a bad idea, no matter the surface.

max,

Pappy

shmaporist
Just got 5 rips on about .20g, good yield on an undersized load. Once you get to know the intricacies of the VXC you can squeeze out an extra hit or two, just like with any vape. I yielded this on a BW peashooter which has low volume and water levels, no doubt a contributing factor. Hydratubes are efficient for the same reason. Theoretically, if I were to hit a Moby nano or SG Stemline with .20g, I might get 4 slightly larger rips because of their increased volume.

Pappy,

Learner

The more I think about electricity and water, and how they sometimes have trouble getting along, the less appealing wands get.

Learner,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I had a couple of long-time smokers over yesterday to try out the Cloud.

The first was with a friend of mine that is just now discovering vapor...I lent him a PD...and he digs it. He was floored at the taste, smoothness and size of the Cloud's hits.

The other is a j and bong smoker who had a Volcano years ago and sold it...he said there was nothing like a bong hit. He took his first hit and said something like 'now that's what I'm talking about'. He's hit most of my vapes and is not interested in converting over even though he and his wife burn through bud like oxygen. But this thing just might do it. I'll have to get his wife on it, as she is the bong lover.

The thing is amazingly easy to use in groups, aside from the slightly short cord (I've been told they are lengthening this for production units) keeping me from passing it around far. It works just like a bong user would expect, so there is zero learning curve. I don't have to explain it at all, aside from being careful with it and telling them to lift the tube off the base to clear the chamber. It makes vaping feel like smoking...the ability to hit it as hard as you want puts the Cloud in its own category, IMO.

stickstones,

abo27495

ShadowLink12 said:
abo27495 said:

To put this story to rest...SGW and Vertigo have produced hydratubes for the pre order people which have been seen over and over and in videos, but sm55 and pictures suggest that VXL have brought on an in-house glass blower that has started producing hydratubes for wholesale production. And in all honestly, I am excitited about the opportunity to grab a VXL Tree Hydratube, it looks sick, and most importantly to me, has a recessed joint (go over to facebook for quick access to the pics)

Any chance sm55 that we can get some videos of VXL stock hydratubes in action?
Yea, not having the recessed joint on the original tree was a deal-breaker for me. Im excited now because I like trees better than domes

abo27495,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I am soo stoked for the cloud. I lovveeee bong hits, but I HATE the taste of smoke and the harsh hits.. I want it now! haha

Elluzion,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I really miss my Cloud. I think about it all th time. Best comparison? Meeting a new women who is just drop dead gorgeous. After barely any effort, she comes by and stays the night a few times. The act itself with her is mindblowing, obviously the best I have ever had. It seems perfect, and I envision a possible future. Then she leaves, on good terms but you hope she'll be calling in a few days. After a while, its all you can think about, the one that got away. But in the case of the cloud, she'll be back. And I'm also going to hook up with her hotter sister aka the production model.. boy am I a Krazy one.

IAmKrazy2,

m0j0h4nd

stickstones said:
The other is a j and bong smoker who had a Volcano years ago and sold it...he said there was nothing like a bong hit. He took his first hit and said something like 'now that's what I'm talking about'. He's hit most of my vapes and is not interested in converting over even though he and his wife burn through bud like oxygen. But this thing just might do it. I'll have to get his wife on it, as she is the bong lover.

This is very good to hear and I hope I have the same reaction.

m0j0h4nd,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
IAmKrazy2 said:
I really miss my Cloud. I think about it all th time. Best comparison? Meeting a new women who is just drop dead gorgeous. After barely any effort, she comes by and stays the night a few times. The act itself with her is mindblowing, obviously the best I have ever had. It seems perfect, and I envision a possible future. Then she leaves, on good terms but you hope she'll be calling in a few days. After a while, its all you can think about, the one that got away. But in the case of the cloud, she'll be back. And I'm also going to hook up with her hotter sister aka the production model.. boy am I a Krazy one.
:lol: this absolutely made my day! What a great analogy and I understand your pain. I have to send back my unit periodically to PowerNerd and the days that I am without my Cloud, I might as well be on a t-break cause the rest of my vape line up just doesn't do it the same way. Getting the new heat sensors soon so will be able to play around with the next rev.

stonemonkey55,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I think I miss the VXC more then the super hot lady that got away. There will always be other comparable looking ladies, but as of right now, no other vape that performs as well as the cloud for thick water filtered hits. She was pretty hot though, and a freak between the sheets, maybe Ill try and give her a call this weekend.

IAmKrazy2,

2EZ

So did any of the beta testers order the cloud with the sovereignty hydratree? I dont think theres been a picture of it yet, any news on this sm55?

2EZ,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
herbzzzzzzzz said:
dude i actually just met a hot girl, she smokes too, wish i had the cloud, i'd think she'd be impressed

Congrads on your good fortune. I have been fortunete enough to have had several long lasting relationships with girls who were not only hot, but really cool chicks. The one I am thinking of, was just plain a 10. The type that you assume you'll never bag, they way way out of your league type. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. All three times... at least I got to use the cloud more then that

IAmKrazy2,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I've got oodles of keif; pressed and heated into hash, and just the loose powder both. Looking forward to my experimentation with the kief also. I really like a much higher temp with my kief and hash then i do with herb, and i am pretty sure my next beta is said to go much higher in temp. This will be awesome, and another opportunity for me to do some deep testing for all those following this thread. I'll tell you from what i know so far, this will work just amazing, with a minimal amount of product being sucked through the very fine screen holes.

IAmKrazy2,
What is the approximate minimum and maximum range of the VXC? I know there's a bunch of variable and this is probably mentioned elsewhere. I'm hoping it's low enough to nicely vape hops, which is like 280F.

charliedontsurf,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom