Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Really can't wait for the cloud. I have been craving for a vape that can be changed to exact temperatures, filter through awesome glass, and produce dank clouds off small or large material.

The VXC cloud really seems to be the all in one around here. Hope that it performs up to what it is expected too. I have no doubts in Stonemonkey or any of the team.

I can't wait for that email! Oh man.... :rolleyes:

Elluzion,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Elluzion said:
Really can't wait for the cloud. I have been craving for a vape that can be changed to exact temperatures, filter through awesome glass, and produce dank clouds off small or large material.

The VXC cloud really seems to be the all in one around here. Hope that it performs up to what it is expected too. I have no doubts in Stonemonkey or any of the team.

Hey Elluzion.. Are you sure you are in the market for the VXC.. In the classifields thread you said you are selling your Underdog cuz it is too heavy heater for you..
Well imo the VXC will be far heavier hitter than the UD.. because of the bigger load capacity + more extraction power. I am just looking out for you so you don't get overmedicated like you did with your UD :cool:

Abysmal Vapor,

weedemon

enthusiast
the key to not getting over medicated is to carefully dose. with my UD i start slow and wait to let the effects kick in cause the UD is a beast for sure! my biggest hitter atm!

weedemon,

vape4life

Banned for life
sweetdreams4.2.0 said:
still no news on who the first 4 are??

I dunno man, maybe Rogan's posse...but I do know that Dopefiend has a HT coming his way!

As exciting as SM's announcement was, I think the REAL excitement will be when 100's of these are released and the new thread is started!!! :)

vape4life,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Abysmal Vapor said:
Elluzion said:

Hey Elluzion.. Are you sure you are in the market for the VXC.. In the classifields thread you said you are selling your Underdog cuz it is too heavy heater for you..
Well imo the VXC will be far heavier hitter than the UD.. because of the bigger load capacity + more extraction power. I am just looking out for you so you don't get overmedicated like you did with your UD :cool:

Yeah that is a good point. I think the issue with the UD is that it would extract the materials at such a fast rate that it would hit me in the face after 1 hit and a bowl could be cashed in 2 or 3 hits.. With the VXC, i I feel that it has the advantage of being able to start at a low temp and slowly crank it up and not have that high temp hit you in the face single hit bowl extraction. I know my low tolerance probably won't like it, but it is worth a shot I guess, plus I have been itching for some glass and it seems to be a nice "all in one". If it doesn't work out I am sure I could easily find it a new home. I just feel like the VXC will be the one and only, or atleast I am hoping. Sucks in a way having such a low tolerance though, but at the same time, it can be fun.

Elluzion,

Nosferatu

Elluzion said:
Abysmal Vapor said:
Elluzion said:

Yeah that is a good point. I think the issue with the UD is that it would extract the materials at such a fast rate that it would hit me in the face after 1 hit and a bowl could be cashed in 2 or 3 hits.. With the VXC, i I feel that it has the advantage of being able to start at a low temp and slowly crank it up and not have that high temp hit you in the face single hit bowl extraction. I know my low tolerance probably won't like it, but it is worth a shot I guess, plus I have been itching for some glass and it seems to be a nice "all in one". If it doesn't work out I am sure I could easily find it a new home. I just feel like the VXC will be the one and only, or atleast I am hoping. Sucks in a way having such a low tolerance though, but at the same time, it can be fun.

I think this would be a perfect vape for someone in your situation because it will be arguably the most clean and precise vape available where you can dial the exact temp and always get the same results. But I bet 1 hit is all you will need, if I recall you started using mj with vaping so you arent really familiar with the smoke high?

Nosferatu,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well Elluzion .. not to get much offtopic but with UD you can control the vapor density by adjusting the screeen ,it finishes my bowl dusted to golden brown even if i put the screen in the middle of the stem..
But i also like the glass that comes with the clouds.. Pretty nice vape for 300 $ i would say and with a nice bubbler for 150 :p..

Abysmal Vapor,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Nosferatu said:
Elluzion said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

I think this would be a perfect vape for someone in your situation because it will be arguably the most clean and precise vape available where you can dial the exact temp and always get the same results. But I bet 1 hit is all you will need, if I recall you started using mj with vaping so you arent really familiar with the smoke high?

Yeah that is what I am looking for. Something precise so I can possibly dial in the lower temperatures to attempt and get more of an "active" high than that high temp stoney high. I like the knock you out stoney hits once in a while, but for daily it doesn't work too well. Yeah I am not familiar as much with the smoke high. All I know is I enjoy water type type hits that you can milk and then suck up. I haven't had much experience with vapor bong hits though any glass so I don't know if I will be able to achieve that similar effect with the VXC but it sounds like it would be fun experimenting.

Elluzion,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Elluzion said:
Yeah that is what I am looking for. Something precise so I can possibly dial in the lower temperatures to attempt and get more of an "active" high than that high temp stoney high. I like the knock you out stoney hits once in a while, but for daily it doesn't work too well. Yeah I am not familiar as much with the smoke high. All I know is I enjoy water type type hits that you can milk and then suck up. I haven't had much experience with vapor bong hits though any glass so I don't know if I will be able to achieve that similar effect with the VXC but it sounds like it would be fun experimenting.

I think that the VXC will be a very good if not perfect fit for you; I have similar needs. Even though you can load up the bowl, you can go with a relatively small load, too. And, the combination of more efficient extraction at lower temperature means you can get a nice cloud at 170C, one that's moisturized and cooled as well. So you're well within the clean head high range yet getting comfortable thick hits. This is what I found most attractive about the Cloud.

oldiebutgoodie,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
obg...a long time ago I played with different temp vaping, but gave it up pretty early. My guess is that it takes more weed to get a good 170C high than it does at 195C simply because the 170C is limiting the different compounds released, thus making it necessary to vape more weed at a lower temp. Do you think I am right? I am a miser first, so anything requiring me to use more weed gets dropped pretty quickly, but I would love to get the feel of a 170C only hi, especially if it doesn't take a lot more weed.

stickstones,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I agree, OBG.

But, you could fill it half-way and set it so low
that you get nothing visual but are good to go
(if you are a self-admitted 'lightweight'). You know? ;)

It is still Elluzion's decision.

For the misers, you could save left-overs for everclear tincture (for a HUGE lesson in conservation) or revape hotter later to see what feelins you were missing. However, we all live in no particular way but our own.

The precise temperature control and the ability for all parts that are exposed to vapor to be repeateatedly/easily be cleaned to brand new are two key features for me.

Equally, I am looking forward to the ability of the Cloud to totally saturate the herbs with heat while constantly stirring them in the ELB.

The ergonomic design of the Cloud and standardly-considered-to-be inert materials throughout the airpath, of course are excellent.

The automatic shut-off is a great safety feature, and the sleek design is just icing on the cake for me.

The clincher is the grassroots approach of the company to the creation of this dream machine, and the many friends of the visionary that anxiously await proudly watching as VEx continues to grow and excel.

IMO, once the infrastructure is built, the potential for product development is virtually limitless. Did you get the new glass stopper, clip and gloves set for easy cleaning? How long until the 14 GonG version comes out? :lol:

Edit: Pakalolo, I'd reason that the higher the quality of the herbs, the smaller the difference in the amount used for high/low temperature vaping (and the lower the quality, the greater the difference).

Progress,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
stickstones said:
obg...a long time ago I played with different temp vaping, but gave it up pretty early. My guess is that it takes more weed to get a good 170C high than it does at 195C simply because the 170C is limiting the different compounds released, thus making it necessary to vape more weed at a lower temp. Do you think I am right? I am a miser first, so anything requiring me to use more weed gets dropped pretty quickly, but I would love to get the feel of a 170C only hi, especially if it doesn't take a lot more weed.

I believe that highs are subjective, so it's hard to say how it would work for you, but I rarely go beyond 180C with my Extreme. I think the characteristics of the high are different when you use lower temperatures, but in my experience they do not require more weed.

We are now seriously off the topic rails... I blame the moderator.

pakalolo,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
^ i second the motion for a 14mm gong vxc!!!!!

Also, I could any of the current owners post some words about the compatibility if the vxc with their stemless pieces. It would seem that the vxc will work with some but not all stemless designs. For example my ha will fit in a sg king stemline (75mm can) but it won't fit in a sg 44mm can stemline due tithe fact that joint is to close to the can on the smaller sg. The ha's mouthpiece won't fit without an 45 degree adaptor.

I suppose the use of an adaptor isn't such a bi deal but I have found that adaptors do actually effect the performance of the waterpipe (negatively IMO).

most of my pieces are 14mm and I will end up using adaptors regardless. But if there are any plans ti bring out a 14mm vxc I would be the first to sign up!

I wonder if The design of the vxc will work better or worse with a different size joint due to the different flow rates and currents? I am pretty sure that I have heard there is a performance difference between the 14mm glass vapobowl and the 18mm glassvapo bowl (not sure if it's true or not though). The only difference between those them is the size of the joint, the design of the vape design is exactly the same.

notmyrealUSERname,

norcal

how many people are on the waiting list?. I didnt send in my pre order request till mid december, Im guessing i should pull the trigger on a ssv today as i need a vape asap for hea;th reasons and the cloud is just soo far off from being available to patients like myself. Ill even drive to the bay today if i could buy one straight up.

norcal,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
notmyrealUSERname said:
^ i second the motion for a 14mm gong vxc!!!!!

Also, I could any of the current owners post some words about the compatibility if the vxc with their stemless pieces. It would seem that the vxc will work with some but not all stemless designs. For example my ha will fit in a sg king stemline (75mm can) but it won't fit in a sg 44mm can stemline due tithe fact that joint is to close to the can on the smaller sg. The ha's mouthpiece won't fit without an 45 degree adaptor.

I suppose the use of an adaptor isn't such a bi deal but I have found that adaptors do actually effect the performance of the waterpipe (negatively IMO).

I just recently purchased a stemless stereo matrix by mobius, its 65mm can and it does look like it will cut it a bit close on the cloud, haven't really seen a good IRL size comparison yet and things always look much bigger in the pictures though...

I agree on the adapters though, I have to use a 14-18mm adapter for my dabs since I have a 14mm nail and stuff, it makes the air flow a bit more restricted on the piece which is actually kinda good for dabs cause it causes less diffusion in the perc and more flavor.

I think using adapters that reduce the air flow might cause "hot spots" to form on the herb in the bowl though, maybe I'm wrong!

MarcellusWiley,

oldiebutgoodie

stickstones said:

Yes, the temp does make a difference, but it's not linear. There are two factors at work. The first is the sheer amount of heat, i.e., energy. As the energy enters the chamber is dissipates as compounds convert to gas; this is why the temp at entry is much more than at exit. A greater amount of energy will convert more gas. So at 175C more THC gets converted than at 155C. But the gas is still all THC.

This is different than a temperature reaching the boiling point of a different compound. As the temperature moves up from roughly 180-190C then additional compounds begin to be added to the conversion mix. The higher the temp, more compounds are included, as well as greater amounts of each. How much more of each is a function of how the vaporizer operates and characteristics of the herb.

Unfortunately, as far as vaporizing temps and effects, in the net the best we have to work with are rough approximations. The only thing we know for certain is the boiling points of various compounds when isolated in a laboratory environment and measured with precise instruments. When vaporizing, the device gives us some indication of the temperature, but there will be a variance between that and the actual heat entering the chamber, let alone the heat exiting the chamber. Then factor in moisture content, ambient temp & pressure, chemical composition of the herb, and differences specific to the user's technique and physiological characteristics (absorption, brain chemistry), and you end up with a wide range of variability.

All that said, what bares repeating about the Cloud is two distinguishing features. The first is the air turbulence which exposes more material to energy and hence converts more gas; this corresponds to the first factor above. The second is lowering air pressure which in turn lowers the boiling point, resulting in compounds being converted at a lower temperature than ambient and hence additional compounds being introduced; this corresponds to the second factor above. The theory therefore is a greater amount of more compounds at comparatively lower temperature. How much of a spread there is remains to be seen, but theoretically it should be pronounced, and the anecdotal evidence so far seems to support that.

oldiebutgoodie,

Troi

Ok guys, aside from the release i have a update that I think will help calm your excitement for a few minutes for those of you who are still waiting to receive the cloud. We did a professional video shoot of the cloud which we will be releasing those videos soon to everyone's eyes once we find a proper website to host if or us. This video is private by linkage only and will be taken down probably in the next 24 hours, so everyone check this out while you can, its a great example of how cloudy the cloud gets.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dx6Mn0q3bU&feature=youtu.be

Troi,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
Troi said:
Ok guys, aside from the release i have a update that I think will help calm your excitement for a few minutes for those of you who are still waiting to receive the cloud. We did a professional video shoot of the cloud which we will be releasing those videos soon to everyone's eyes once we find a proper website to host if or us. This video is private by linkage only and will be taken down probably in the next 24 hours, so everyone check this out while you can, its a great example of how cloudy the cloud gets.

Thanks Troi! That's a lot of vapor! The end of the video looks like Bill (shooting the video) was hitting the Cloud earlier. :D

I don't suppose you know what the temp setting was on the Cloud when that was shot do you?

VapeArts,

Troi

Actually he was comenting that since hes been shooting it so close for the past 5 hours, hes just become medicated, he actually didnt even use it until the end of the photo shoot.

Troi,

Troi

VapeArts said:
Troi said:

Thanks Troi! That's a lot of vapor! The end of the video looks like Bill (shooting the video) was hitting the Cloud earlier. :D

I don't suppose you know what the temp setting was on the Cloud when that was shot do you?

Temp Setting 380 range, 12:00 Posistion

Troi,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I have to watch it for more than 24 hours. Downloaded it. I promise I'll not share. :D

Seek,

oldiebutgoodie

Troi said:

Troi, you are a master of understatement. And tease. :D

For "those of us"??? Oh, right, as in all of us.

And, man, are we gonna have a lot more company once that video gets out. I found myself pulling right along with the guy. That is sweet! I'm betting that everyone here seeing this has one helluva big smile just like the young lady.

Just one clarification, though. 380F? The manual says that 12 o'clock is 400F.

oldiebutgoodie,

Troi

oldiebutgoodie said:
Troi said:

Troi, you are a master of understatement. And tease. :D

For "those of us"??? Oh, right, as in all of us.

And, man, are we gonna have a lot more company once that video gets out. I found myself pulling right along with the guy. That is sweet! I'm betting that everyone here seeing this has one helluva big smile just like the young lady.

Just one clarification, though. 380F? The manual says that 12 o'clock is 400F.

This was filmed using a beta almost production model; it ran at 380ish at 12:00, the production model runs a little hotter, but one could easily dial it back to 9,10,11 to get cooler temperatures.

Troi,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom