Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
I was wondering if they cured the shopping cart problems with declining credit cards yet because of incorrect address validation. Should I try again yet. I am using a registered U.S. Bank gift card.

jackstraw62,

Troi

pngwyn said:
Progress said:
I agree with Iamkrazy2, although he did blur the line between opinion and fact IMO.

Agree, he states his opinions as fact so I really can't take his reviews seriously.

Troi said:
Not to mention, I do not understand the science behind it, but there is a drastic taste/vapor-feel difference when using an all glass air path, and the air-path used in the LSV. The vapor on the LSV always just feels a little stale.

So there's a difference when using an all glass air path, and an all glass air path? lol
(the LSV is an all glass air path in case you didn't catch that)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoBdp_xNNKI

I was not lucky enough to try the beta test, so my best judgement on performance is watching videos. I still have yet to hear an explanation why in this video of the cloud the bud looks like it has been toasted unevenly (a lot darker as the bowl goes in) and goes from new green bud to almost completely vaked and what looks slightly charred in just 1 rip? In this video I don't see it performing any better than the LSV.

Again, anyone going into defensive mode 'omgthisisthebestvapeeveryuhatin' realize this is already reserved for me. I am just on a search for facts so I know what I'm spending more than double what I did on my LSV for.

@ the airpath comment. The LSV does not have an all glass air-path in the same extent the cloud does. First when the air enters the LSV, it touches a aluminum-ceramic heating element, which is actually a heating element built originally for smoldering irons, but converted to be a heater for the LSV. In the cloud the enters a glass tube, surrounding the glass tube is an insulation layer, and the heater. In the cloud the heater does not come in contact wit the air used for vaporization, instead it thermally heats the air through the glass.

This causes a significant difference in taste, and vapor feel. A similar difference can be noticed using the vriptech vripmaster vs the LSV. As the vripmaster has a similar aluminum ceramic heater, but it encapsulates the heater in glass and the air touches nothing but glass and is thermally heated rather then directly heated by the heating element. Also the heating element used in the cloud, has been designed from the ground up to be a heater for a vaporizer.

Troi,

phased

v is for vapor
Aha, I knew when I saw ten new pages of posts here that something was up.

Congrats to the VapeXhale team.

Wish I'd learned about this product just a few months earlier--I missed the discount and having tried the Cloud last month am really kicking myself. (But in my defense, my old VaporBros was still working fine, so I hadn't yet adopted the vape-research hobby and found FC. Timing is everything...)

Eager to see reports when all of you lucky early birds start getting yours in the mail. Have fun! & Congrats again to the VXC crew.

phased,

THCMuscle

Is the bowl used in the most recent videos the one that will be released? I see the website still reflects an older design.

THCMuscle,

abo27495

Hey sm, could you post what the finalized package will look like and everything it'll come with (how many bowls etc)? I'm also curious to see what the ht holder looks like. I can't wait for this thing, I picked the sgw because I like the recessed joint even though I have another showerhead tube--does anyone know how many slits the showerhead ht has?

abo27495,

SD_haze

abo27495 said:
Hey sm, could you post what the finalized package will look like

Dunno if it'll be different, but from vaporpedia,
VapeXhalePkg1.jpg

SD_haze,

SecretStoner

I have another question related to the VapeXhale:

I currently own a volcano & mflb. Since i spent so much on the volcano, i was wondering if it'd be wiser to just purchase the illadelph vape adapter for glass. I already own a very nice sovereignty inverted 4arm that hits and filters like a champ.

Basically what i'm asking to those who have tested: do the benefits of the vapexhale cloud give enough reason to spend the extra money over the 26$ illadelph adapter for my sovereignty inverted 4arm?

Thanks in advance,
SS

SecretStoner,
The short answer, IMO, is yes. I can't wait for mine.

The long answer is that you can easily find out right now if the Volcano bag vapor cuts the mustard for you out of a glass bong. Just take the mouthpiece and press it against your GonG stem and inhale - the nicely contoured mouthpiece of the Cano means it'll seal reasonably to just about any opening iirc. Many people find that bags sap alot of the flavor out of the experience, and that you lose some actives because of condensation onto the bag surface. If you don't find the flavor or vapor density are lacking when you try the cano bag out of your bong then you don't need the Cloud. You'd still probably love it to death, but you don't need it.

charliedontsurf,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
i have a feeling if u buy a vxc, u will not use your cano anymore.

personally i sold my cano to create funds for the vxc. that might be something u wanna consider

moodswing,

Carbon

moodswing said:
i have a feeling if u buy a vxc, u will not use your cano anymore.

personally i sold my cano to create funds for the vxc. that might be something u wanna consider
I did the same. Could only get 450 for my digital in a hurry, but it more than covers the cost of the new Cloud.

Carbon,

pngwyn

max said:
[Then on what basis did you preorder?

Curiousity? So shoot me.

The design differences have been explained. How do you propose that someone prove better performance to you in a video?

Perhaps show it performing all the design differences that people are saying that it has over the LSV? People are saying with the Cloud I will not have to deal with the uneven charring that the LSV has, but it's still quite apparent the browning is significantly uneven in the video. People are saying this thing is awesome efficient, but I see it roast and over-roast a bowl in a single rip.

Here's the vid again.. he empties the bowl at the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoBdp_xNNKI

I bought my LSV brand new for $164, and have this reserved for $450, and you're gonna get all condescending when I ask a few questions? Perhaps I want to know more about what I'm buying without reading a 130+ thread through and through. Forum is for discussion, I don't see what I've done wrong to receive your aggression. When did I say "the facts aren't sufficient for me!!!"? Chill out, maybe? I'm grateful for all the responses I have gotten.

Also doesn't the Cloud use a metal bowl?

pngwyn,
G

Hi there!

First post on this forum. I am part of another canna forum and this is my first venture away from that so im excited to see what fc has to offer!

I chose to post on the cloud thread as i just signed up to pre order and am looking forward to hearing when and where I can order one. i am a little confused as i have read a bit through this thread and it sems like a few people have ordered already an deven have order numbers. Is there a web site I could go to ? I was about to get a Volcano but i checked into fc and low and behold a cano killer looks lurking in the mist..

I live in cal and travel a bit now and then, is it possible to get one without having to buy it in the mail? Id love to get it straight from the manufacturer if possible.

I had a Vapir portable N02 but i gave up on it after getting tired of high picthed noises and wierd battery charges. Also i was getting really wierd chest pains 5-10 minutes after using it, which went away after i stopped using the no2. Never had them before or since. Glad I ditched that.

SO yeah id love to get a cloud, cant wait to plug it in the truck!!!!!1

Guest,

Troi

pngwyn said:
max said:
[Then on what basis did you preorder?

Curiousity? So shoot me.

The design differences have been explained. How do you propose that someone prove better performance to you in a video?

Perhaps show it performing all the design differences that people are saying that it has over the LSV? People are saying with the Cloud I will not have to deal with the uneven charring that the LSV has, but it's still quite apparent the browning is significantly uneven in the video. People are saying this thing is awesome efficient, but I see it roast and over-roast a bowl in a single rip.

I bought my LSV brand new for $164, and have this reserved for $450, and you're gonna get all condescending when I ask a few questions? Perhaps I want to know more about what I'm buying without reading a 130+ thread through and through. Forum is for discussion, I don't see what I've done wrong to receive your aggression. When did I say "the facts aren't sufficient for me!!!"? Chill out, maybe? I'm grateful for all the responses I have gotten.

Also doesn't the Cloud use a metal bowl?

Hey, I hope you don't feel my responses are aggressive because that has not been the intent. I'm just clarifying your inquiry to my points. for your last comment; the metal bowl. Yes the cloud utilizes a stainless steel mesh bowl, however all vaporizors on the market that claim to be all glass utilize a metal bowl at the end of some sort. I think its been accepted on this forum that a metal bowl that is not being heated to the temperature that the heating element reaches, then it probably wont have much affect on taste. However, the real difference in taste comes from what is in surfaces are in contact with the air at the point of initial warm up, as the air enters the bottom of the cloud, bout 5 inches up the glass cylinder, you can see where they narrow the air path to create turbulence, at that narrowing is where the heating element is wrapped around the glass cylinder, at that point the air is thermally heated through the glass by the heating element. That right there is your primary difference then the LSV, then the air which is at optimal temperature based on the dial setting (12:00 = 380 range) hits the mesh bowl and vaporizes the contained herbal content. Since the air does not directly touch the heater, the air only gets heated to the optimal temperature.

Also I understand and respect your reservations, I too was a happy owner of the LSV for several months, i was one of the first to pick it up. It does a fine job, but as a fellow vaporist to vaporist, I do not think you will be let down with he improvements the cloud has to offer.

Troi,

pngwyn

Thanks for the informative response Troi. My response wasn't aimed at you at all, no. And I apologize for assuming the LSV was all glass pathway, it just seems like the heating element shouldn't be taken into account, but I can see why it has to be.

That does sound really innovative, I really can't wait until I can try this one out! I am one of those people who likes to read a million reviews to buy something, which is why it has been hard for me to shamelessly pull the trigger.. and of course the frustration of not being able to just try one for myself and compare!

I have no doubts that the Cloud will have superior taste and I remember reading it was meant to finish bowls efficiently in 2-3 rips ..but how much control do you have over the vaporizing experience? Can you turn it up slowly and get a lot of vapor clouds if you wished? I know the Cloud is known for huge vapor clouds, but as someone who is still learning a lot about vaping, I thought the idea is that the bigger clouds = less efficient.

Money is just a little low for the moment, and tolerance is a little high ^^; How many bowls would be recommended to get absolutely zonked? I'm usually good off 1 full LSV bowl/stem.

pngwyn,

Troi

pngwyn said:
Thanks for the informative response Troi. My response wasn't aimed at you at all, no. And I apologize for assuming the LSV was all glass pathway, it just seems like the heating element shouldn't be taken into account, but I can see why it has to be.

That does sound really innovative, I really can't wait until I can try this one out! I am one of those people who likes to read a million reviews to buy something, which is why it has been hard for me to shamelessly pull the trigger.. and of course the frustration of not being able to just try one for myself and compare!

I have no doubts that the Cloud will have superior taste and I remember reading it was meant to finish bowls efficiently in 2-3 rips ..but how much control do you have over the vaporizing experience? Can you turn it up slowly and get a lot of vapor clouds if you wished? I know the Cloud is known for huge vapor clouds, but as someone who is still learning a lot about vaping, I thought the idea is that the bigger clouds = less efficient.

Money is just a little low for the moment, and tolerance is a little high ^^; How many bowls would be recommended to get absolutely zonked? I'm usually good off 1 full LSV bowl/stem.

Currently I pack about .3 g of herbal medication into the cloud, I start my cloud dial at 12 noon position which is roughly 370-380 in vaporization temperature. From there I'll get a initial flavorful hit hat does produce thick "tube vapor" but not much of a cloud, then the 2nd and 3rd hit are enormousness clouds. I then pull the ez bowl out, a quick stir/crush, and get another 3 tasty hits, the final hit starts to take on that familiar cashed pocorn taste. I then empty the ez bowl and after 1 bowl the onset of the medication is pretty good, for me 1 ez bowl to myself gets me pretty solid, a 2nd full bowl closely following the first one i think brings me to that maximized level where any more wont change much of the intensity. The first thing I noticed with the cloud was I felt fully medicated faster then I normally do. I really think that it comes down to the even extraction that you get from the design. I too am a heavy daily user, and at this point no vape that I own gets me medicated as quickly as the cloud.

I do agree that when your blowing out clouds you are probably wasting some actives, you can control the amount of vapor your taking in by just taking smaller hit from the cloud, unless its the 1st hit on a fresh bowl, ater 2 seconds of suction your pulling vapor into your bongs chamber,, i would stay a standard hit is about 10-12 seconds of draw, one could easily cutoff the draw after the first 2 seconds and control the amount of vapor brought in during a hit. Also as mentioned earlier in this forum, you don't need to pack the ez bowl to the top either, I've 1/3 packed it and half packed it, and still was able to produce flavorful thick hits from partially filled ez bowls.

Troi,

Troi

@pngwyn -- For some more information for you regarding the benfitis of an airpath that does not touch the heating element, i commented on my findings that the airpath on the Vriptech Vripmaster produced less stale vapor then what i was currently using before it (LSV), Shadowvape from Vriptech was able to provide a prettey well explanation of why it is better One qote from his reponse:

"I had Mark read the previous posts tonight and he said that what Troi has experienced is exactly why he was so stoked on seeing the first Hot Glass wand which insprired the VHWs of today. I'll summarize and quote him where appropriate: He said his opinion is that the alumina ceramic or anodized aluminum materials used for elements on most vaporizers changes the "polarity (energetic state) of the air being heated, and in turn, the vapor extracted." Mark is big into the "energetic component of plant medicines" as complementary to the "chemical" components, and whether one believes in the ability of "subtle energies" to work medicinally or not he says "all one has to do is taste the same herb extracted and delivered as vapor side by side with the Vrip, or another vaporization system with all glass air and vapor path (there are only two others that I'm aware of including the herborizer and the new VapeXhale) and any other vaporizer with a ceramic or metal element and they will damn sure taste the difference!" "

Also here is a direct link to the page in that thread where this was discussed.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=322&p=84

Hope this help's!

Troi,
Just to be clear, that quote is a little inaccurate, the Herborizer Classic and XL do have their heating elements exposed to their airpath. They're high quality steel-encased ceramic elements, but it's no more pure a system than a Magickwand, DBV, LSV, etcetera. The only completely glass airpath vapes are the VXC, Vapolution W Allinwonderbowl, and well the vapocane if you don't count the combusted butane as a contaminant.

charliedontsurf,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@pngwyn---I agree. At times the Cloud forum seems a little defensive. So I kinda see pngwyns point. Even if you tested or tried the Cloud, alot of "reviews" are still made up of lots of opinions, which are not bad, but not scientific at all. What one calls a "big cloud" may not be big to another, or what "taste" the best to #1 will not taste best to #2, etc. Some may use wetter herb, some drier and have different results. Is this vape worth the money, I can't say from use. But from what it comes with(glass hydratubes) and the base unit itself(compared to like ExtremeQ or something), I feel it is well worth the price, even if it gives me same performance as my LSV. If it works better, I'm ahead of the game so to speak.

Plus so many credible testers can't be that wrong. I don't think so anyway.

No one has answered the "clearly" charred bowl being emptied after what looked like 2 maybe three rips. That stuff was BURNT. Anyone who tries to say differently, is just plain blind. I could pack my small LSV adapter with roughly the same amount, and get several(5-6) heavy rips thru BW 6-arm and not look that burnt. After 3 rips, I too, like Troi and the Cloud, will stir and go back for more. The biggest issue with LSV I can see is the WPA hole underneath where the screen and pinches are, is too narrow, IMHO. When I put the "bowl" that came with BW 6-arm bubbler on and gave a draw, you can really feel the "powerfulness,glugginness", but when I insert LSV WPA, and draw(im drawing with no material and just water with both), I get way less power feel and glugginess. But, If used the same way Troi described the Cloud and stirring, I never have hotspots or bad charring. Now with the wand I feel you need to stir you material more or you will get brown/ hotspots more often.
With all that said, I am a proud Cloud pre-orderer(Top of the line SOV package) and am happy to support SM and crew, on what looks to be an innovative product, how great, is yet to be determined, for this guys opinion.
I am excited but not ready to call this the answer to all that is Vape, yet.

Silver420Surfer,

pngwyn

That's all I was saying. I don't want my Cloud to perform like it does in that video, because it is clearly an unevenly vaped bowl with burnt/charred material... and is kind of opposite of what everyone has been saying about the Cloud.

And I agree with you on the LSV WPA.. it's perfect for bubblers, but for big tubes and such it can be quite draggy and not hit nearly as well without huge inhales.

But damn am I excited for my order to come up, even moreso now :) Thanks again for all the info

Also I just found out SM is a friggin ninja. The guy can btwist gainer and cork :) Respect. You trick? At pegasus gym...?

pngwyn,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Silver420Surfer said:
Even if you tested or tried the Cloud, alot of "reviews" are still made up of lots of opinions, which are not bad, but not scientific at all.

While that may be true I think it's to be expected for an unreleased product, but if you have a lab and team of scientists at your disposal let us know. ;) I don't blame you for being skeptical; these days virtually every new product is touted as being the best, and historically vape adcopy writers have been some of the worst offenders.

That being said, if you've spent some time on this forum and have been following this thread, you'll see that the people who are sharing their opinions after beta testing the Cloud are some of the most experienced vaporists in the world with decades of experience and thousands of dollars in vapes. That's why they're ones with beta units.

Silver420Surfer said:
No one has answered the "clearly" charred bowl being emptied after what looked like 2 maybe three rips. That stuff was BURNT. Anyone who tries to say differently, is just plain blind.

pngwyn said:
That's all I was saying. I don't want my Cloud to perform like it does in that video, because it is clearly an unevenly vaped bowl with burnt/charred material... and is kind of opposite of what everyone has been saying about the Cloud.

Assuming you're referring to this video, the LIGHTING and SHADOW is a bit misleading. OH GOD I'M BLIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

QieKt.gif

In all seriousness there's a reason beta testers have remarked on how evenly it cooks the herb and how light it looks after an extraction compared to other vapes. Just wait. You'll see.

vtac,

pngwyn

Isn't it still burnt in the center? o.O

Well, either way, it's just one video, and from a few months back.

EDIT:
Okay, excuse me, charred.. but it still looks uneven and not what people have been boasting about on the Cloud. My gamma is fine.. that picture vtac posted adjusts it for you and I still see charred/uneven abv.

pngwyn,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Yeah, you might wanna adjust your gamma up a bit if you think you see burnt stuff. I have watched that vid a thousand times and never saw anything burnt on my screen. Burnt implies combustion and I seriously doubt that is occurring with the Cloud.

t-dub

t-dub,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
pngwyn said:
Isn't it still burnt in the center? o.O

Do you really think a high end vape manufacturer would show vaped herb in a product video if it was burnt? It's the lighting. ;)

vtac,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
vtac said:
Just wait. You'll see.

Ready and waiting!!!

Appreciate ALL input from you guys/ gals that have tested. Hope to be able to give my opinion soon as well.

Edit: I watched that "uneven" bowl video again and again. Maybe some of you have monitor issues, I promise you as a graphics freak, I don't. I've watched that on 27" iMac, 42" LED LCD, and on my gaming rig with dual ATI 5970's, that vid clearly shows grinder and herb right next to PN spilling out abv. I can match up green from grinder herbs and some green herbs in abv, no issues there. But how you can say no dark brown in abv is beyond me. Agree to disagree. I will not bring it up anymore, not trying to fight.

Silver420Surfer,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom