Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
EntRance said:
Twanbiz said:
The soverignty package is gone?

Edit: With respect to my order, I've not yet seen any indication it has been charged to my credit card. I did NOT see shipping when I completed my order, but I DID complete it successfully and was awarded an order ID. I hope everything is okay and that my Cloud is still coming ASAP, but since I've seen a few others have been charged, should I email the Monkey to get things straightened out? I don't want to bother them needlessly since they're working hard to smooth the process and all.

If you did order successfully and get an order id, then when you are ready to ship they will contact you according to an email I had with SM regaring same issue.

Silver420Surfer,

pngwyn

Is there a benefit of pre-reserving vs. just waiting for the product to come out besides getting it a little sooner?

I'm really curious to how this thing will perform compared to the LSV!

pngwyn,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
pngwyn said:
Is there a benefit of pre-reserving vs. just waiting for the product to come out besides getting it a little sooner?

1.) Yes.If you pre-order you get the downloadable map packs and bonus character costumes.
2.)You should buy the cloud and then test against the lsv, it's the only way to tell.

***some who pre-ordered by a certain time got a discount, as mentioned several times over in the thread. And you still get the free DLC content

Silver420Surfer,

pngwyn

I wonder if 7th Floor Vapor Tamers would the cloud.. I just ordered one.. Seems like it would work perfectly, though it'd be a little tall so you probably couldn't use it handheld.

9-20_glass.jpg

Well my cloud is reserved, anyways :)

pngwyn,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
SkollIstKrieg said:
Its all part of starting an internet business! I myself have been a software tester for a e-commerce software company for 2 years and have been through a total of 4 launches. Usually we prepare as best we can, but no matter what, we get hit with unsuspected bugs that weren't event considered, or crippling mis-spec'ing. Every. Single. Time.

But its all very exciting! It's stressful at first but is always a good experience as everything always balances out and everyone is happy in the end. Just the nature of software! :)

I think you just saved my sanity here. As you all know, we have outsourced almost every aspect of our business so that the three founders can do what we do best, focus on building the best vaporizer we can. I assumed that launching a site with just three options would be fairly simple but based on what you are telling me, this is par for the course and not some horrific performance on my vendor's part.

With that said, I looked into all the orders and noticed that 78% of them were declined. I am shocked and after some investigation, these are the reasons I have been given:

1. The cardholder's bank denies the charge as they might see it as a fraudulent charge (a few members have notified me of this)

2. Shipping option and/or checkout button would not appear due to address, city, state, zip not matching the UPS database of acceptable addresses. UPS is looking into our integration for address verification that does the real time shipping charge look ups.

3. For whatever reason, they currently do not have a way to show me who's declined and who's didn't. I can take a good guess based on the emails that I have received but there are some people's orders that are showing up as good in one system, but declined in another system.

If they cannot give me the visibility required to figure out who's order went through and who's didn't, then we will have to refund everyone's money and start from scratch. In that event, we will honor all the discount pricing and don't worry about losing your spot and scrambling to get payment, we will make sure you are ALL TAKEN CARE OF.

...excuse any grammar/spelling issues or lack of clarity, been either on the phone, or typing emails for the last 3 days with minimal rest :ninja:

stonemonkey55,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Silver420Surfer said:
pngwyn said:

1.) Yes.If you pre-order you get the downloadable map packs and bonus character costumes.
2.)You should buy the cloud and then test against the lsv, it's the only way to tell.

***some who pre-ordered by a certain time got a discount, as mentioned several times over in the thread. And you still get the free DLC content

Or you could ask me, or check out my original VXC Beta review a while back. I owned the LSV back then too.

I'll tell you this; the LSV is not even close in ease of use with a water tool and thickness of vapor hits as the VXC. Night and day. The VXC was designed from the ground up, the LSV (although i think it is one of the best vapes on the market) is just a redesigned housing for the exact same heating element 7th Floor has been using for years. The VXC has a custom heating element that wraps around a glass tube. If you went toke for toke with the VXC, it'd be like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

The VHW is better as a wand vape than the LSV also, but i do like the less restricted airflow of the LSV, something few vapes do better (the VXC being one of the few).

*edit. Although you probably won't catch Monkey55 comparing the two, i know he owns a LSV also. He is a vape head like the rest of us, and buys a lot of the toys. If the VXC wasn't leaps and bounds ahead of the competition (including the LSV) i think he'd still be at the drawing board or still working for another quality vaporizer company IMO. With the VHW in house, i almost never use the LSV to be honest, with the VXC in house, the VHW will see no work (sadly) and the LSV only use is from the transfer wand or use to combust with the heating element.

IAmKrazy2,

weedemon

enthusiast
if you do have to redo the orders would it be possible to rename the charge from vapexhale (as i read earlier on the topic) to something more discreet? an abbreviation even, or better still something unrelated entirely?

If they cannot give me the visibility required to figure out who's order went through and who's didn't, then we will have to refund everyone's money and start from scratch. In that event, we will honor all the discount pricing and don't worry about losing your spot and scrambling to get payment, we will make sure you are ALL TAKEN CARE OF.

thx for the last part on that paragraph :) puts me at ease :p

weedemon,

vape4life

Banned for life
SM55, if you do start from scratch, are you opening up the discount pricing to all? I was going to hold off until people started receiving theirs and stock was abundant, but with the discount price i'd be fighting for a cloud.

vape4life,

wolf torn

He means he's going to have to reprocess everyone's card......

not he's opening up more discount presales

wolf torn,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Phew! The charge showed up on my CC ;) Man.. I was sweating it but I think mine went through. Yeah!

Lo,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Please tell me that you will NOT be using ups to ship the vxc to canadians! They are famous for charging almost extortionist brokerage fees for getting your package across the border. In fact any private carrier is guilty of this. Please send the clouds first class international USPS.

Also discreet packaging would be nice, without any indication the Item inside is for. I second the motion for a discreet charge on the cc as well. The people that appreciate privacy will be more likely to reorder additional products from you if they can do so without "everyone else" finding out about it.

stonemonkey55 said:
SkollIstKrieg said:
Its all part of starting an internet business! I myself have been a software tester for a e-commerce software company for 2 years and have been through a total of 4 launches. Usually we prepare as best we can, but no matter what, we get hit with unsuspected bugs that weren't event considered, or crippling mis-spec'ing. Every. Single. Time.

But its all very exciting! It's stressful at first but is always a good experience as everything always balances out and everyone is happy in the end. Just the nature of software! :)

I think you just saved my sanity here. As you all know, we have outsourced almost every aspect of our business so that the three founders can do what we do best, focus on building the best vaporizer we can. I assumed that launching a site with just three options would be fairly simple but based on what you are telling me, this is par for the course and not some horrific performance on my vendor's part.

With that said, I looked into all the orders and noticed the 78% of them were declined. I am shocked and after some investigation, these are the reasons I have been given:

1. The cardholder's bank denies the charge as they might see it as a fraudulent charge (a few members have notified me of this)

2. Shipping option and/or checkout button would not appear due to address, city, state, zip not matching the UPS database of acceptable addresses. UPS is looking into our integration for address verification that does the real time shipping charge look ups.

3. For whatever reason, there currently do not have a way to show me who's declined and who's didn't. I can take a good guess based on the emails that I have received but there are some people's orders that are showing up as good in one system, but declined in another system.

...excuse any grammar/spelling issues or lack of clarity, been either on the phone, or typing emails for the last 3 days with minimal rest :ninja:

notmyrealUSERname,

hunterthompson

I am not currently in the market for a new vape (just got a new CRZ and the cloud is well out of my price range) but as a vape enthusiast I recognize just how amazing a piece of technology the cloud is and am so excited for everything that's going on here. Congrats SM55! I have faith you'll work out these bugs and make every single person here an extremely happy (and vaked) customer! Oh and I can't wait to see all of the vids that users upload once they get theirs :D

hunterthompson,

vapeArama

notnyrealusername wrote:
Please tell me that you will NOT be using ups to ship the vxc to canadians! They are famous for charging almost extortionist brokerage fees for getting your package across the border. In fact any private carrier is guilty of this. Please send the clouds first class international USPS.

Thats right NotMyrealName I live in mexico and ups, fedx. Charge big custom fees and only USPS is the only way to ship international!

vapeArama,

Raf007

Retailer
stonemonkey55 said:

THIS, is what I like to read !!

SM55 and all the Xhale team keeping their heads straight and honoring their word despites all the launching "disagreements" !!

Little note on the side in case it's not to late to change:
I agree with NotmyrealUSERname, UPS sometimes try to charge more than what should be.
Last time, despite many phonecalls and then paiment by the vendor they unsucessfully tried 3 times to bill me a non existing VAT on free samples.

Raf007,

weedemon

enthusiast
i definately second the not using ups lol brokerage fees suck ass! i think i either paid 127 or 87 in taxes and brokerage fees when i got my volcano from the usa via ups. :( should have bought it within the country but i was saving 30 bucks :p

weedemon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
weedemon said:
i definately second the not using ups lol brokerage fees suck ass! i think i either paid 127 or 87 in taxes and brokerage fees when i got my volcano from the usa via ups. :( should have bought it within the country but i was saving 30 bucks :p

I hear you guys loud and clear. I'll see what technical requirements are required to add USPS as an option.

TGIF everyone.

stonemonkey55,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
stonemonkey55 said:
...I'll see what technical requirements are required to add USPS as an option...

That would be sweet (if feasible) to add usps for domestic delivery as well. I would definitely try to change my order to use usps. If you do have to stick with ups, please make sure your packages are securely protected with lots of padding/peanuts/airbags as ups will toss those boxes around with no care! I don't think there's ONE delivery service that's PERFECT at handling packages, but ups has to be the worst imo.

btw, CONGRATS to VXL team! Its finally happening! (too bad your outsourced sales team dropped the ball)
Nevertheless, I'm excited to receive my VXC, hopefully sooner rather than later. Do you guys do will call?

moodswing,

EntRance

I personally favor the USPS for Domestic delivery too. Especially if you guys will be shipping from the West coast to us on the East, USPS Priority (and definitely Express) will make sure the Cloud is in transit less time, for less money than UPS (especially with expedited shipping, USPS Priority being 2-3 day to most of the nation is typically equal to UPS Ground or 3Day Select in pricing, and UPS 2Day is WAY More expensive. USPS Express is typically overnight and around half the cost of UPS Overnight) and FedEx.

As far as carrier safety/diligence is concerned, for my money USPS beats it every single time. USPS packages are delivered by your regular mail carrier, most of the time and the packages are usually in good condition - I've never had a USPS package perforated/beat up/banged up etc.. as it came to me. UPS and FedEx it happens all the time. In addition, because of where I live (also: any NON business shipping location) UPS/FedEx put you later in the queue for the day unless you specifically paid for one of the super-expensive super fast overnight "there by 8am, 10am, 12pm etc..." options. Typically the UPS truck doesn't come by my house until 6pm or later. My last FedEx delivery (from Neiman Marcus no less!) came from some guy wearing NO identification, in a Budget-rent-a-truck!

Both UPS and FedEx have taken, over the past 6 months or so, to just leaving packages at my front door or garage (I live in a development, single family home) without ringing the bell, getting a signature or anything (again, unless its one of those super-expensive Overnight deals delivered earlier by a different part of their operation), so I just need to open my front door every few hours to see if anything has magically appeared there!

Especially for our International customers (I know USPS becomes EMS for any priority/express etc...) but for our domestic buyers as well, I'd really appreciate USPS as an option, ideally both Priority and Express at least. I'm sure it will be less expensive and generally a better outcome for both VXL and us customers. I hate to think of the Cloud being delivered upside down (despite this end up markings) with a bashed in box that looks like it was handled by some sort of lower primate, as has become the UPS/FedEx custom, sitting outside my door for hours with no indication of arrival.

EntRance,

pngwyn

IAmKrazy2 said:
Or you could ask me, or check out my original VXC Beta review a while back. I owned the LSV back then too.

I'll tell you this; the LSV is not even close in ease of use with a water tool and thickness of vapor hits as the VXC. Night and day. The VXC was designed from the ground up, the LSV (although i think it is one of the best vapes on the market) is just a redesigned housing for the exact same heating element 7th Floor has been using for years. The VXC has a custom heating element that wraps around a glass tube. If you went toke for toke with the VXC, it'd be like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

The VHW is better as a wand vape than the LSV also, but i do like the less restricted airflow of the LSV, something few vapes do better (the VXC being one of the few).

*edit. Although you probably won't catch Monkey55 comparing the two, i know he owns a LSV also. He is a vape head like the rest of us, and buys a lot of the toys. If the VXC wasn't leaps and bounds ahead of the competition (including the LSV) i think he'd still be at the drawing board or still working for another quality vaporizer company IMO. With the VHW in house, i almost never use the LSV to be honest, with the VXC in house, the VHW will see no work (sadly) and the LSV only use is from the transfer wand or use to combust with the heating element.

Thanks for the info, I have only been able to read a couple of reviews and watch a few videos on the cloud but it definitely seems like the new vape to be watching out for on the horizon. I just don't know, there are only a couple of short reveiws on here as well as a few videos.

From what I have seen

I also pulled the trigger on the LSV over the VHW because of the build quality, I haven't heard great things about the VHW's durability.

Also I am really skeptic about VXC producing "better" clouds than the LSV.. www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WoJ0UlaNt8

LSV goes high enough to combust, I don't see why clouds would be significantly different, though I haven't used a VXH/Cloud yet, but from videos I think I have been able to produce similar looking clouds as videos.

Anyways, not hating, like I said I reserved mine, I'm just a little hesitant since this things super hyped up.

pngwyn,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
pngwyn said:
IAmKrazy2 said:

Thanks for the info, I have only been able to read a couple of reviews and watch a few videos on the cloud but it definitely seems like the new vape to be watching out for on the horizon. I just don't know, there are only a couple of short reveiws on here as well as a few videos.

From what I have seen

I also pulled the trigger on the LSV over the VHW because of the build quality, I haven't heard great things about the VHW's durability.

Also I am really skeptic about VXC producing "better" clouds than the LSV.. www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WoJ0UlaNt8

LSV goes high enough to combust, I don't see why clouds would be significantly different, though I haven't used a VXH/Cloud yet, but from videos I think I have been able to produce similar looking clouds as videos.

Anyways, not hating, like I said I reserved mine, I'm just a little hesitant since this things super hyped up.

I'm trying to describe the differences without downplaying anything any of 7th Floor's products.

Just because a vaporizer can get hot enough to combust something, doesn't mean that it is efficient at extracting vapor. The way the air travels out of the Cloud and past your herb, there is more turbulence and it more evenly vapes the herb. Most vaporizers simply have the air go in and out in a straight path, many times causing hot spots that you can visibly detect. With the Cloud, the air criss crosses like a DNA double helix so when it goes past your herb, it vapes it layer by layer.

Also, the LSV doesn't retain heat very well so you have to draw upon it a certain way (very slowly) in order to get thick vapor. If you want to hit it harder and still get thicker vapor, you will have to turn up the temperature and you will notice that your ABV will be very dark. Due to the nature of our ELB and the way we utilize both convective and conductive extraction methods, it improves the extraction efficiency and we produce thicker vapor while leaving the ABV a lighter color. I know it sounds counter intuitive which is why you really have to just give it a try and see for yourself.

I purposely chose all my beta testers based on the amount of vaporizers they owned. Each of my beta testers owns multiple vapes, EQ, SSV, and definitely at least one wand style vaporizer. I specifically chose them so that when they gave feedback, it would help the forum members understand the pros/cons and differences of this vape.

stonemonkey55,

420Tom

With that said, I looked into all the orders and noticed that 78% of them were declined. I am shocked and after some investigation, these are the reasons I have been given:

StoneMonkey-
Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Now that I know that it's 78% of us I'll stop stressing and re-trying my card on different browsers. It's may be making the matter worse, if card companies are trying to protect themselves against fraud. (Grrr...I hate credit card companies, they take money on both sides and usually stick the company with the cost if it is a stolen credit card.)

Just my opinion, but since this is a new business and the first couple of days over a thousand of us try to charge $350, that's a lot of transactions and a lot of money. The VapeXhale team gave an honest projection of what their yearly sales would be (and probably warned them of the pent-up demand), but the credit card company sees such a huge spike in sales the first couple of days, maybe it throws off alarms and bells. They panic. Like idiot parents of a newborn, they project the growth rate based on the first days numbers. So a baby that doubles in weight, from 6lbs to 12 lbs in 1 month, if continued at that rate would weigh over 300 lbs in 6 months.

Anyway, I'll keep checking back here to see what we should do to help resolve this issue.

One question, while you are getting this sorted out...would you be willing to accept a cashiers check? (Anything to cut the credit card companies out of it and allow you to keep a percent or two more of the sale.)

420Tom,

weedemon

enthusiast
just wanted to add my :2c: and say i see my card has been charged now :) so it worked :) hopefully we dont havbe to do it over

weedemon,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I have a debit on my cc statement as well! Whew!! I think I will hit my Sovereignty 60mm bent neck several times with this new Cherry Kush I acquired yesterday to celebrate!!

Cheers Team VXC! Hope it all works out for you soon! :peace:

Bluntcrush,

BL4ZE

I got a pre auth on my CC as well :D Never been so happy for someone to take my money lol

BL4ZE,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom