Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
stickstones said:
^^^
It's actually quite sturdy. I had the same concerns, having never used an all glass system myself. The male end sticks out just enough to hold the HT and is part of the length of the airpath, so the construction of the Cloud surrounding it gives it more strength. To take it off, I simply pull it straight up with a little push at the joint with my fingers.

I started my efficiency testing yesterday and am very impressed. I have been using the Cloud and the PD exclusively for a while now and I consider them to be very complimentary vapes. Since the log vapes are kings of efficeincy, I am comparing doses between the Cloud and the PD. I started with loading the ELB's with three PD stems each, since I usually need three to four stems to get going. Later I tried one and two stem loads just for the hell of it. All of the different loads worked very well. The three stem load got me baked like normal. I got 12 rips off it, with the last two or three being invisible on exhale. This is pretty similar to the three or four rips I get off a PD stem. What really surprised me was the Cloud's performance on the one stem load. I got three to four good hits off it, just like my PD. This is significant, because a long time ago I did the same test with my SSV when I was using it a lot and found that I couldn't get much for hits until I put at least three PD stems worth in it. I think part of the Cloud's efficiency can be achieved by hitting it through the invisible hits. Every time I take those extra hits it makes a big difference. These are hits I usually don't take with any other vape because the taste degrades significantly. But with the Cloud I can suck on it all day and not get that cached taste...unless I turn it way up.

I will do more efficiencey testing, but round one was a great success. The fact that this vape can not only give you huge clouds on a loaded bowl as well as vape small amounts effectively is HUGE!

@sticks - thank you for taking the time to do this test. This is something that will be very important to people who value efficiency in a vaporizer. I look forward to reading about your continued progress!

We are still finalizing negotiations with our contract manufacturer, as soon as the documents are signed, I will update you guys with the latest and greatest.

.....LASTLY, it has been a while since I last posted a video, here is one with BC 2010/11 - and his dual gridded circ bubbler.

Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_hVPhFCsUI

stonemonkey55,

sunsett70

@stickstones, thanks for the review. some of us are efficiency freaks (actually i'm just a weed miser) so that is good news. please do more efficiency rounds and let us know.

@sm, please please man, hope it won't be another 3-6 months to finalise negotiations. the wait is agonizing.....

sunsett70,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
no problem sunsett...it truly is a pleasure!

I started with a two-stem cloud session yesterday and it went well. Felt great...right about where I would have been vaping the two stems in my PD. I also did a one-stem ELB. I get about one to two good hits and then mostly invisible, but like I said earlier, those invisible hits are fantastic! It's kind of a paradox in that I get the vapor quicker and in fewer hits, but I can hit it a lot more times if I want to...seems like there is always a little bit of trace vapor. It was funny how little ABV was in the ELB when done with this one stem bowl...could see right through the bottom of it!

Bottom line, I think the Cloud can extract as small a load as you want with efficiency that is on par with the log vapes...and I can't say that about my SSV. For me and guys like sunsett, this is HUGE! I love the videos of monkeyman blowing huge clouds, and I can get those as well, but the miser in me just can't do it. It's true that you get a great punch in the face, but the lungs can't possibly process that much vapor and much can be wasted on the exhale. As a result, the Cloud was being used just when I wanted a fast, strong hit or just wanted luxury. But after this testing, I see that the Cloud has much more hidden appeal! A lot of people are going to buy this thing for its Mercedes-like experience with great taste, unheard of air flow, unrivaled ability to produce thick vapor and the 'as close as you can get to a bong hit' vapor session. And I really thought that was the limit of its appeal. But knowing that I can enjoy all this and be efficient as well? DAMN!!!

Maybe even lwien could hit it!

stickstones,

vape4life

Banned for life
Sticks: thanks a million man for the awesome info about the efficiency, that's really nice to hear. You've been great in keep us eager folks in the loop and quenching our thirst until its great release.

sm55: thanks for the vid and the updates! Can't believe how excited we all are for its release!

vape4life,

High Sigh

SG addict
Havent posted in this thread yet but just finished reading the entire thing and am so stoked for the release! I am a big fan of thick vapor through nice pieces but the efficiency of it (according to sticksstones) has me even more excited!

High Sigh,

weedemon

enthusiast
High Sigh said:
Havent posted in this thread yet but just finished reading the entire thing and am so stoked for the release! I am a big fan of thick vapor through nice pieces but the efficiency of it (according to sticksstones) has me even more excited!

I know right!? can't wait! :p feel like a kid thinking about xmas, but it's still only nov 25th!

weedemon,

max

Out to lunch
High Sigh said:
....just finished reading the entire thing.....
You get the official :bigleaf: award for today. ;) Quite a few Cloud fans haven't read the whole thread.

max,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Efficiency isn't a big deal for me as it others because I don't like to be kinda high. I like to get vaped out of mind. It usually takes a .1 of high grade to get me there. Knowing that this vape can be used efficiently and also produce fogger rips makes it a no brainer for me. I CANNOT WAIT.

tranceporter,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I know I got a sneak peek at this badboy for a few days, but that alone almost makes it harder to wait. Getting anxious and excited.

IAmKrazy2,
I had the privilege to meet up with SM yesterday and get my hands on the cloud. He was kind enough to offer what seemed like bowl after bowl and discuss anything that came to mind.

A background of my vaporizer experience is the volcano, arizer extreme, vaporbrothers, and da buddha. My daily driver is da buddha rigged up to a soverienty stemline without the hose. I went in expecting the cloud to outperform my current vaporizer and left way higher then my expectations. The concentrated vapor from the hydratube (veritgo tree perc) delivered some awfully tasty vapor and the size of the hits I exhaled were much larger then they felt on the way in. It is impressive how quickly this little device gets you from point A to be point B (blasted!). Overall it delivers superior taste and potency to my sovereignty setup which I attribute to the design of the air path and compact glass hydratube.

I was unsure about the bowl design before, but after using it first hand I found the simplicity, quality of the bowl (fine metal mesh), and fast cooling properties to make up for the absence of glass. For those that prefer the group capabilities of party vapes or haven't used a vapor bong setup...I wouldn't worry, the small size of the cloud makes it inherently easy to handle. I never felt uncomfortable passing the cloud to SM and the two others in our circle... my only concern left about the vape is when I get to test it again.

purplek,

weedemon

enthusiast
another satisfied customer! amen! :) hehe

I'm still pumped!!! :p and not so patiently waiting i might add! haha

weedemon,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Seriously SM, it is very cool that you have been going out of your way during your busy schedule to let people try this thing.

@ purplek. thanks for the story. i think most know i am a huge vxc advocate after trying it. How would you compare the drag or airflow to your DBV. How would you compare the need for a proper hitting tecqnuige between the two? Just want to hear some more praise vs. the DBV (a vape i have used probably less then 20 times).

IAmKrazy2,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@IAmKrazy2-
Having owned DBV prior, I would think there would be a lot more drag. less taste, with the DBV because of the whip. The VXC appears to work like a Life Saber Vape with a bong/ bubbler, I think. I don't know of any "whip" style vape that can remotely compare to my LSV and BW 6- arm bubler. My guess would be the same with the VXC and maybe the Vriptech from what I have read. I used to enjoy SSV and DBV very much, loved them. But now after the "all glass" experience of the LSV and water pipe adapter with a nice piece of glass, I dread going to vape at my friend's house where he still has his DBV. Not knocking the "whip" vapes, but they just can't give me same overall pleasure I get from all glass of LSV. I expect the same will be for those who use VXC. Can't wait to pit the LSV against the Cloud once I get mine.

Silver420Surfer,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
Count me in as another fortunate one who was able to meet up with StoneMonkey. Since so many others have covered the fine points and comparisons to other vapes I'll just mention what stood out for me.

Friday we met at a nice local SF dispensary. My first hit was very tasty but not terribly impressive. SM had the Cloud turned down pretty low and I was expecting the big killer clouds as seen in the videos. I said as much so SM turned the knob up to around the 10 o'clock position. I took a very large hit, exhaled a huge cloud and coughed pretty hard for the first time in a year since going exclusively to vaporizing. Wow! Having done that we backed it off a bit since I actually prefer a lower temperature to get the best taste possible and the more expansive high.

Two things stand out for me as the most exciting aspects aside from the overall excellence of the Cloud. I love the individual bowl thingies. I forget what SM called them. I can see having a set of 5 or 6 and filling each with a different strain for taste tests, parties, etc. The other thing that really impressed me was how much vapor we extracted and how light the ABV was when we were finished. As I stated previously I like to vape at lower temps for the taste and the effect it has. To be able to get massive hits and have the ABV be much, much lighter in color than my Solo is very impressive. We probably did 4 or 5 large hits on the Cloud and the ABV was lighter in color than just one or two hits on my Solo set at the lowest setting (2).

I was surprised at how long the high lasted. A good 6 hours. We were vaping top shelf meds but the effect was still longer than I expected.

My only disappointment with the Cloud was that I couldn't take it home with me!

As expected, I came away confident that this is about to be the best available tabletop plug-in vaporizer on the market. I think we will benefit in more ways than we expect once this hits. Assuming manufacturing goes well and they can start shipping good quantities I don't think it will take long for SM to be able to leave his day job which consumes most of his work time. I know he wants to make VapeXhale his full time gig. Once that happens I suspect we're going to see a lot of very cool stuff coming from this company. The guy has vision and drive and very high standards as I'm sure his partners do. Good things coming our way starting with the Cloud!!!

Thanks StoneMonkey!!!

VapeArts,

vape4life

Banned for life
drrrooooooooooooool.................... that things screams efficiency. a future portable from this company i'm guessing is a sure thing down the road.....

VapeArts said:
Count me in as another fortunate one who was able to meet up with StoneMonkey. Since so many others have covered the fine points and comparisons to other vapes I'll just mention what stood out for me.

Friday we met at a nice local SF dispensary. My first hit was very tasty but not terribly impressive. SM had the Cloud turned down pretty low and I was expecting the big killer clouds as seen in the videos. I said as much so SM turned the knob up to around the 10 o'clock position. I took a very large hit, exhaled a huge cloud and coughed pretty hard for the first time in a year since going exclusively to vaporizing. Wow! Having done that we backed it off a bit since I actually prefer a lower temperature to get the best taste possible and the more expansive high.

Two things stand out for me as the most exciting aspects aside from the overall excellence of the Cloud. I love the individual bowl thingies. I forget what SM called them. I can see having a set of 5 or 6 and filling each with a different strain for taste tests, parties, etc. The other thing that really impressed me was how much vapor we extracted and how light the ABV was when we were finished. As I stated previously I like to vape at lower temps for the taste and the effect it has. To be able to get massive hits and have the ABV be much, much lighter in color than my Solo is very impressive. We probably did 4 or 5 large hits on the Cloud and the ABV was lighter in color than just one or two hits on my Solo set at the lowest setting (2).

I was surprised at how long the high lasted. A good 6 hours. We were vaping top shelf meds but the effect was still longer than I expected.

My only disappointment with the Cloud was that I couldn't take it home with me!

As expected, I came away confident that this is about to be the best available tabletop vaporizer on the market. I think we will benefit in more ways than we expect once this hits. Assuming manufacturing goes well and they can start shipping good quantities I don't think it will take long for SM to be able to leave his day job which consumes most of his work time. I know he wants to make VapeXhale his full time gig. Once that happens I suspect we're going to see a lot of very cool stuff coming from this company. The guy has vision and drive and very high standards as I'm sure his partners do. Good things coming our way starting with the Cloud!!!

Thanks StoneMonkey!!!

vape4life,

max

Out to lunch
Sorry you weren't very impressed VapeArts. :lol:

I came away confident that this is about to be the best available tabletop vaporizer on the market.
I don't know that I'd call it a tabletop/desktop vape. Although you can certainly use it that way, taking a (two) hands free hit, it's designed so that you can hold and use it with one hand-one of the nice features of the model, and one that I really appreciate.

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Let's not get too caried away with this thing yet guys...it still doesn't fit in my pocket or have a self-sustaining power source that will last 100 years. We have a long way to go!

stickstones,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
According to VXH's FB page there is a big announcement regarding to the launch today....

*jumping up and down holding my crotch like a 4 year old that has to piss*

:D

get bigger pockets?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JDSupreme,

weedemon

enthusiast
/me goes off to facebook! :)

here is what it says so far:

VapeXhale Fan Page
We are looking to make a big announcement shortly in regards to our launch. Stay tuned!
Like Share 30 minutes ago via mobile

weedemon,

Carbon

weedemon said:
/me goes off to facebook! :)

here is what it says so far:

VapeXhale Fan Page
We are looking to make a big announcement shortly in regards to our launch. Stay tuned!
Like Share 30 minutes ago via mobile
Looks like we may finally get a solid release date soon.

Carbon,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom