Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

weedemon

enthusiast
lol whatchu talkin bout pappy?

*edit ok i get it now. you are referring to greedy and sleazy investors.

weedemon,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I agree that it is admirable as well as wise to reject investors who want to control some of the R&D, manufacturing, and/or distribution process. :tup:

However, I wouldn't burn bridges. Maybe some will conceed and agree to invest with a percent of profit as their return and no say over any company decisions? :brow:

Did someone actually say that you should get rid of the glass and make them somewhere with substandard conditions??? :rolleyes:

I would have been tempted to sarcastically say "Great idea! Get rid of the vape's greatest features and make them somewhere that can demolish the reputation of VapeXhale for consistently making quality products! Genius! It's like punching the customers when they are down, right? Or are you one of those sleazy take-the-money-and-run types? Can I have your contact info?". :lol:

Although it would probably be more prudent to explain how disinterested I was in relinquishing complete executive control, thank them for their time/understanding, and exchange info...right? :shrug:

Progress,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
vape4life said:
How many ml of water are the hydratubes? 100ml?

I'm not 100% sure but I think 100 ml would be a good estimate. I'll borrow a measuring cup from my wife and do a measurement later on.

stonemonkey55,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
stonemonkey55 said:
vape4life said:

I'm not 100% sure but I think 100 ml would be a good estimate. I'll borrow a measuring cup from my wife and do a measurement later on.

Any measurement a man does at home with his wife's approval, should be taken with a grain of salt. Sorry, couldn't resist.

I think 100ml is pretty close. I remember liking to change my water every few bowls, but i am doing that even with higher water volumes. I like the low volume, as it preserves the taste very well

IAmKrazy2,

vape4life

Banned for life
Do you think that there is a "sweet" spot? I mean, there must be a good reason to go with approx 100ml and the size of the HT's. I suppose just a little amount of water is enough to cool, filter, and moisturize the vapor.

IAmKrazy2 said:
stonemonkey55 said:
vape4life said:

Any measurement a man does at home with his wife's approval, should be taken with a grain of salt. Sorry, couldn't resist.

I think 100ml is pretty close. I remember liking to change my water every few bowls, but i am doing that even with higher water volumes. I like the low volume, as it preserves the taste very well

vape4life,

max

Out to lunch
vape4life said:
Do you think that there is a "sweet" spot? I mean, there must be a good reason to go with approx 100ml and the size of the HT's. I suppose just a little amount of water is enough to cool, filter, and moisturize the vapor.
The reason for the HT's size is so that it fits the vape, gives adequate filtration, and allows it to be a (one) hand held model. I certainly can't speak for sm, but I doubt they experimented much with various sizes of tubes. There's just a fairly narrow size range for sufficient filtration, complex internal glass design, and hand held stability. Unlike a Whopper, it doesn't take two hands to handle a Cloud, and IMO this is one of the high points of the design.

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I put this SGW hydratube on the scale, 46g / ml of water pictured here, which looks to be roughly 1/3 of this hydratube's total volume. YMMV. It provides a very concentrated hit, comparable to the tiny 100ml EHLE. in the background but with better (imo) diffusion. Perfect for vapor if you ask me. :D

Bonus Cloud pics.

vtac,

weedemon

enthusiast
great picture of the shower head! that's the style i ordered! :)

thanks vtac

btw i see your ehle is ice pinches. i have the 100 ml also but it has a bent neck instead of ice pinches and the writing on mine is black with bright orange edges.

do you put ice in it often?

weedemon,

vape4life

Banned for life
thanks vtac and max!

weedemon, i didn't even know they made a 100ml bent. I'm going to buy the 100ml ehle for my eq till the cloud comes out to tie me over, but no ice notches as I find the vapor condenses alot on it and it melts too fast making it kinda annoying, and I don't like the "icy" vapor so to speak, i find it too cold lol I have tried hot water which is nice once in a while.

wonder if any HT will be ice compatible?

vape4life,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
Harvest time is almost here in Cali. Would be nice if cloud was released in time for harvest.
any updates would be appreciated.

jackstraw62,

phased

v is for vapor
420Tom said:
OK, so StoneMonkey made the offer to us NorCal residents to stop by a dispensary and take the Cloud out for a test drive. .

First post on FC. I've been lurking here for months, ever since my original 10-yr-old VaporBros kicked the bucket and I had to start researching replacements, but gave in and signed up so I can participate in this thread. I got two MFLBs and am very satisfied with them for portable vaping but am holding off on any other "desktop" models till the Cloud is out. Patience is not my strong suit but it won't be much longer, right? :)

As a NorCal resident, I would love to try out the Cloud at SPARC or one of the other SF Bay Area med establishments.

I seem to recall StoneMonkey saying that a new thread would be started about meetups at dispensaries, but haven't found it yet. Is it in one of the other forums?

Or if there's no other thread, StoneMonkey, how do we meet up with you? SPARC is my favorite spot and conveniently located but for a Cloud test, I'd gladly travel to any of the other clinics in town. Don't usually medicate on site, but for this, I'll find a long-term parking spot and settle in :-).

phased,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
We are finalizing negotiations with our manufacturer. I will give you an update within the next week or two when we will start accepting pre-orders and expected ship dates.

phased said:
420Tom said:
OK, so StoneMonkey made the offer to us NorCal residents to stop by a dispensary and take the Cloud out for a test drive. .

First post on FC. I've been lurking here for months, ever since my original 10-yr-old VaporBros kicked the bucket and I had to start researching replacements, but gave in and signed up so I can participate in this thread. I got two MFLBs and am very satisfied with them for portable vaping but am holding off on any other "desktop" models till the Cloud is out. Patience is not my strong suit but it won't be much longer, right? :)

As a NorCal resident, I would love to try out the Cloud at SPARC or one of the other SF Bay Area med establishments.

I seem to recall StoneMonkey saying that a new thread would be started about meetups at dispensaries, but haven't found it yet. Is it in one of the other forums?

Or if there's no other thread, StoneMonkey, how do we meet up with you? SPARC is my favorite spot and conveniently located but for a Cloud test, I'd gladly travel to any of the other clinics in town. Don't usually medicate on site, but for this, I'll find a long-term parking spot and settle in :-).

shoot me an email at stonemonkey@vapexhale.com and let's make it happen :ninja:

stonemonkey55,

Hotboxvapebongin

Hey Stonemonkey55, I was wondering how the VapeXhale stacks up against the VHW. Does it get you more medicated?? Is the vapor a denser cloud ? Is it more efficient/cheaper? Any help would be appreciated

Hotboxvapebongin,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
^ you should just watch some of the vids posted on stomemonkey55's youtube page. pretty much all the info you need is there. unless someone who has used both speaks up, i think the best you can do is drool over clouds and glass like the rest of us.

notmyrealUSERname,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
When I had a Cloud beta there was absolutely no desire to use my VHW. The Cloud is on another, much higher level. Superior extraction, IME, and as far as usability is concerned there's no comparison. The only thing that's comparable is the taste, which is A+ on both. But even then the Cloud likely has an edge because IME it produces a thicker vapor and, at lower temperatures with ease.

As far as getting medicated, you could say that every bowl is a game-changer. :ko:

vtac,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Agre with vtac. VHW tastes great too, but low temp hits are thicker with the VXC then the VHW. I use my vhw everyday, and have for months. But when I sent back my beta cloud I couldn't even look at the vhw for a week. It just seemed like a pain in the ass in comparison to the ease of use the vxc has, not to mention thicker vapor, and much quicker heat up time. IMO the vhw needs to be on for a couple hrs before it works really well. Once heated the cloud instantly is operating at its full potential.

If you find my beta cloud review in this thread, I compare them in a lot more detail

IAmKrazy2,

weedemon

enthusiast
good god i want this holy grail of vaporizing technology already!!! soon... so soon. but man o man!!!

/me is too impatient for his own good!

weedemon,

abo27495

I was wondering if sm55 or any of the beta testers can comment on the strength of the male glass joint on the vxc. Im worried about it cracking if I take the bowl or ht out wrong.

abo27495,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^
It's actually quite sturdy. I had the same concerns, having never used an all glass system myself. The male end sticks out just enough to hold the HT and is part of the length of the airpath, so the construction of the Cloud surrounding it gives it more strength. To take it off, I simply pull it straight up with a little push at the joint with my fingers.

I started my efficiency testing yesterday and am very impressed. I have been using the Cloud and the PD exclusively for a while now and I consider them to be very complimentary vapes. Since the log vapes are kings of efficeincy, I am comparing doses between the Cloud and the PD. I started with loading the ELB's with three PD stems each, since I usually need three to four stems to get going. Later I tried one and two stem loads just for the hell of it. All of the different loads worked very well. The three stem load got me baked like normal. I got 12 rips off it, with the last two or three being invisible on exhale. This is pretty similar to the three or four rips I get off a PD stem. What really surprised me was the Cloud's performance on the one stem load. I got three to four good hits off it, just like my PD. This is significant, because a long time ago I did the same test with my SSV when I was using it a lot and found that I couldn't get much for hits until I put at least three PD stems worth in it. I think part of the Cloud's efficiency can be achieved by hitting it through the invisible hits. Every time I take those extra hits it makes a big difference. These are hits I usually don't take with any other vape because the taste degrades significantly. But with the Cloud I can suck on it all day and not get that cached taste...unless I turn it way up.

I will do more efficiencey testing, but round one was a great success. The fact that this vape can not only give you huge clouds on a loaded bowl as well as vape small amounts effectively is HUGE!

stickstones,

momatik

Sorry in advance if this has been answered before (it probably has).

Is there an estimated price for the Rain?

momatik,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
momatik said:
Sorry in advance if this has been answered before (it probably has).

Is there an estimated price for the Rain?
From my understanding they have put the Rain on the back burner while they put their main focus on the Cloud. My guess is there won't be an update until well after the Cloud is released and they finally get some time to do more testing.

AgentofChaos,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom