Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Woohoo JD! I've got my Cloud fund stuffed too lol...though I didn't win a darn lottery ROFL!!

Just had my son take off for a few days. Can't tell you how excited I was when I realized the Cloud could be out of hiding... woot! Long "Cloudy" weekend ahead here :D

Lo,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
t-dub said:
When the pre-orders started there was a discount, I think the price was $100 less than what we see now if memory serves me. I missed out on that however. The main incentive for me to pre-order is to not have to wait as long to get the product. I love my HA but it is hurting me when I medicate now.

t-dub

As a ha owner, I was slightly alarmed to read that you think your ha may be causing you harm. Can you please clarify what exactly you mean by this statement? If it's more appropriate you could answer in the ha thread.

Since the ha is an ideal vapebonger - it's the only way I use mine, I am curious to hear why you think the vxc will "hurt" less, in the end both Vapes are doing the exact same thing - delivering huge clouds through glass.

notmyrealUSERname,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I meant that as my tolerance has increased that the HA is hurting my throat when I vape at higher temps now. Seems anything around 375F or higher and it just plain hurts my throat, thats all. Someone said that the VXC HT should work with the HA and that will be interesting. Instead of vapor bonging with my HA I am just going to get the Cloud instead, I do not have any glass to connect my HA to and I only have the $ to go one way, the wife said I cant do both so the Cloud it is. I mean I would love nothing better than to hook my HA up to a Nate Dizzle Swiss Perc but . . . . $$$ :/

t-dub

t-dub,

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
I'm glad that my cloud fund has finally been set aside as well XD
I will finally be prepared for the release especially since i've spent my cloud fund about 4 times now
I'm sure everyone else is in this boat too buying an oil rig here or vapebong there :p

malawigold,

los

IAmKrazy2 said:
SecretStoner said:
los said:
i feel the same way

I have no problem purchasing quality products. However, I must say that I've pre-ordered CD's, clothes, collectibles and many more things in my life, but never have I done so without incentive. Theres alway's a reason for my pre-ordering (its going to sell out, it comes with a free gift, it's 10% off, etc, etc.)

Not sure if you guys are in dire need of pre-orders or money or not, but from a marketing standpoint I think SM should be giving incentive to pre-order. It'll bring in more money to get production done and get the product out the door quicker.

You will get your unit before anyone else, this is the whole reason I preorder most items. Blu-Rays, CD's, videogames, ect. Just to get them, as soon as possible. Those on the preorder list will get the first dibs on glass HT's too. They'll all be nice, but i want to get some of these early HT's, i would expect a base unit to come with in-house scientific glass in the future.

edit: why not preorder? you can always decline once contacted, no obligation. my opinion, i would pay an extra fee to get this expedited to a priority shipping just to get it a day or two quicker (i have NEVER opted to do this with another vape or blu-ray, ect). Reason? I think after my trial it is worth the extra couple of pennies to get it as quickly as possible, a lifechanging for a multi times a day med vapor enthusiast.
i can only speak for myself but for me, i dont feel the need to preorder the cloud. have i preordered things in the past sure but i dont think the cloud is going anywhere so why rush? i have a couple of very capable vapes to hold me down till i buy one :D. as far as the tubes go, if i dont like the tubes offered with the cloud i just wont buy it but im pretty sure sm will have some really sweet glass pieces regardless :brow:

you have tried the cloud so you might be biased lol i probably would be to if i had prior cloud experience ;)

los,

havock69

Some of us pre ordered on the extended discount and that was incentive enough for me. Shit if I don't have all the cash when my name comes up the cloud is going on the credit card...I want it that bad. I get to own a banging Vape and some she glass? Sign me up:D

havock69,

los

im not sure if a discount is still offered......if so than that is a reason to preorder imo, that would change my mind especially if its a nice chunk of change. but if not then i might as well just wait it out till im ready.

is there still a discount for preordering?

los,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Well, the price is listed at $449 now which is $100 more than it used to be. Who knows it may change again in the future so you may be able to "lock" in a potential lower price now. One thing I do know is that the pre order is NOT an obligation to buy, it is only an opportunity. If your # comes up and you want to pass, its all good.

t-dub

Edit: The comments above about glass selection are valid as well. I know the SG hydratubes are going to be sought after.

t-dub,

Carbon

Preorder prices are long gone. A preorder now is just you taking your place in line. If you still want one, I don't see any reason not to preorder.

Carbon,

max

Out to lunch
JMO but I don't see the prices going up any time soon. The discounted preorder price was available for a long time, and many people took advantage of it. If the curent, regular price is acceptable to you, and you intend to get the package -vape and HT, I think it's a great idea to get on the list. Who knows how long it'll be before they get caught up with demand and are able to ship a unit as soon as you place an order. And if you don't want the HT, it's possible that by the time your name comes up on the list, they may be willing to sell the vape alone, to use with your own glass. So to me, getting your name on the list, if you even think you're serious about getting a Cloud, is a no brainer. There's nothing to lose.

max,

vape4life

Banned for life
I wonder if they will pull an Arizer and units will be popping up all over eBay (with no warranty) for $100 less! Lol

vape4life,

hereatlast

Hmmm, something tells me the Cloud won't be a victim to those types of price-undercuts.

Interested to see how launch goes, I wonder if VXC will ship out (a) hundred(s) of units at once or if it will be a slow, deliberate, a dozen or two at a time type release.

Once things settle down I wanna glimpse at the "VXC lab" as well. Maybe its just SM's or Powernerd3000's basement? :lol: Hope all is well at the VXC ground floor :cool:

hereatlast,

max

Out to lunch
vape4life said:
I wonder if they will pull an Arizer and units will be popping up all over eBay (with no warranty) for $100 less! Lol
Nope. Just on Amazon. And they'll be available without warranty for $49.95 plus shipping. ;)

hereatlast said:
Interested to see how launch goes, I wonder if VXC will ship out (a) hundred(s) of units at once or if it will be a slow, deliberate, a dozen or two at a time type release.
I'd guess that Chris/Robot will be the guy in charge here. I doubt we'll know how many units go out at a time, but sm has said that cash flow has to be controlled. It's not a 'deep pockets' company.

max,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
max said:
I doubt we'll know how many units go out at a time, but sm has said that cash flow has to be controlled. It's not a 'deep pockets' company.

*got a fist full of cash held up in the air*

:D

JDSupreme,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
me too still waiting impatiently. it will be surreal for a while when It shows up. been waiting for a while. harvest time is here. hopefully soon!

jackstraw62,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
jackstraw62 said:
me too still waiting impatiently. it will be surreal for a while when It shows up. been waiting for a while. harvest time is here. hopefully soon!

You'll have a chance to get a deep cure first. But this will give you a great representation of flavor. What flavors are in the lineup jackstraw62? Congrads on harvest season.

IAmKrazy2,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
not my harvest unfortunately. Kind of hard to grow outside at Lake Tahoe. I tried last year waste of time and money. I know several growers that live off of the hill. right now i have grape ape and blueberry. Indoor. I am waiting for the outdoor crop right now. should be soon. I am hoping to have a real thanksgiving this year with a new vape. been using the same heat gun for ten yrs. the special bowl for my bong was an upgrade but the cloud will be a big upgrade and more stylish

jackstraw62,

mongorian

Perfectly Toasted
Remember... if you don't get your hopes up, you won't be disappointed.

Yet I continue to check almost daily for updates... :/

mongorian,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
mongorian said:

Yet I continue to check almost daily for updates

If the manufacturer wouldn't put up messages on a hugely successful social media site to try to build up that hope, no one would be getting their hopes up. After all the loyalty shown here, you'd think someone at vxc headquarters would have responded about the lack of a post on their fan page on this forum. Just sayin...

Silver420Surfer,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Silver420Surfer said:
mongorian said:

Yet I continue to check almost daily for updates

If the manufacturer wouldn't put up messages on a hugely successful social media site to try to build up that hope, no one would be getting their hopes up. After all the loyalty shown here, you'd think someone at vxc headquarters would have responded about the lack of a post on their fan page on this forum. Just sayin...

Dude chill out and vape a bowl. Then check post 2989 on the last page by SM. If he hasn't made that announcment yet it's safe to say they're still negotiating the contract. It makes the most sense to everyone, that vxc gets the best deal possible. VXC has excellent communication with the public, exspecially for a company that has yet to release a final production product. So, not fair to complain about not making an offical announcment, if they haven't officially signed a contract and have nothing to announce IMO

IAmKrazy2,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
IAmKrazy2 said:
So, not fair to complain about not making an offical announcment, if they haven't officially signed a contract and have nothing to announce IMO

IMO, they should of just waited with the official announcement then, given the original date of may /june 2010. They seem to keep feeding the hype machine, so I doubt SM would feel my comments were "not fair". And they certainly were not meant to be insulting, or malicious, just a possible future customers thoughts out loud. Don't think I need to chill out over that though, but I will toast a bowl to you in agreeing to disagree on this matter.

Silver420Surfer,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Silver420Surfer said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
So, not fair to complain about not making an offical announcment, if they haven't officially signed a contract and have nothing to announce IMO

IMO, they should of just waited with the official announcement then, given the original date of may /june 2010. They seem to keep feeding the hype machine, so I doubt SM would feel my comments were "not fair". And they certainly were not meant to be insulting, or malicious, just a possible future customers thoughts out loud. Don't think I need to chill out over that though, but I will toast a bowl to you in agreeing to disagree on this matter.

They have waited on the official anouncment, none has been made but will be soon. Cheers to you, we'll both roast one. I understand, your frustration, we all wish we had a unit in hand like yesterday.

IAmKrazy2,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Silver420Surfer said:
IAmKrazy2 said:

Sorry for the lack of an update, I thought I shared one last Friday but as I checked this thread and could not find that update, I realized I mustve forgot to hit the send button.

With that said, Im going to deviate from my normal routine and address Silver420Surfers comments directly. VapeXhale has been very transparent since the beginning of this journey about what we have been doing from concept, to prototype, to production. While the outcome of this has led to more buzz and anticipation, that was not the original intent. The intent was to do something positive for a forum that has given me so much in terms of vapor knowledge and life long friendships. I learned so much on this forum and always thought it would be great to see how a vaporizer goes from concept to production and now I have that chance to share that with others.

I am happy to continue to give updates on what we are doing and give everyone a peek into how the sausage is made but to be truthful, it is a bit disheartening when people are demanding updates or upset about the lack of timeliness for a reply. Were a 3 person company with lots of things to do before our launch and were doing our best to keep everyone up to date on whats going and what is to be expected. It's not like we have a social media marketer, a business development manager, web guy, IT, accounting, or anything like that.... it's just us three embarking on a journey to produce the best vaporizer we can.

We can easily take Apples approach and be tight lipped but I prefer our approach where we are interacting with the forum members. If our main intent was to build up hope and buzz as you so kindly suggested trust me, we would be doing a much better job than having 299 Likes on our FB Page and 126 followers on Twitter.

Im not so nave to think that we will always have positive responses in this thread but for an organization like ours to give the consumer so much insight into what is happening, that really is a blessing and not something typical organizations would do. Please keep that in mind when demanding updates or questioning our motives and intentions. If more people feel like Silver420Surfer, I will happily oblige and keep all announcements private until we are ready to launch. Its not often that I feel I have to defend any of our actions but if my communications are turning more people off, then I would be happy to stop.

One thing to keep in mind is that my behavior today is the same as my behavior when I first joined this forum. Ive always shared my vapor experiences, videos of my newest vaporizer/glass, and have always evangelized what I thought were great products. To say that I am intentionally feeding the hype machine is completely untrue. I am just doing what I do as a vapor enthusiast and if people want to come along on the ride with me, I am happy to have them as passengers. Silver420Surfer, Im not singling you out here, just trying to relay a message to anyone reading this thread who might feel discontent with how we have been handling our communications.

Anyhow, Ill get off my soapbox right now and jump into the nitty gritty. We are in the final stages of our contract negotiation with our manufacturer. How this negotiation goes down will directly impact the final price of the Cloud. If the community wants me to sign today and get manufacturing going, everyone is gonna have to pony up an extra 100 bucks per unit for our company to be financially stable or we just drown and try and stay above water. I dont even have to get a show of hands to know that everyone wants this thing to stay at the price it is today and not go up.

For those that understand negotiating, the larger entity with less to lose often has a lot more leverage, especially compared to a tiny start up like VapeXhale. If I let them bend me over (and pardon my French here) and fuck us with no Vaseline, then we will in turn, have to do that to the end consumer. There is a lot of posturing and psychological games that happen during these times and you have to walk the fine line of saying, Thats too expensive for us, but lets keep the door open so we can keep talking.

Im pushing for a go/no go decision with them by end of week but if they are unwilling to budge, then negotiations will continue until we get the price point we need. There have been a few things that Ive picked up on in our negotiations that lead me to believe that they will ultimately give us our terms so I am confident that when the rubber meets the road, we will get the terms we/you want.

To conclude this long winded message, I'd like to vape a virtual bowl with both IamKrazy and Silver420Surfer. There are things for us to learn, how we communicate, how we set expectations, and how we interact with our fans and customers. While it may seem that we are the "hot company" doing "big things," in reality, we're just three guys that love vapor, doing our best to produce the best product that we can. More to come shortly :peace: and :ninja:

stonemonkey55,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks SM, good luck in the ongoing negotiations.

Just to slightly piggyback on what SM said about him building hype. I think SM's passion for vaping, and finding the best vape out there did cause hype, but it wasn't intentional. When SM got his original VXC concept, he was excited and wanted to share some of it. When they built the first prototype, he was excited, and shared it with his friends at FC. If you have been reading SM's posts for a long as I have, you know that it is really just his passion for the best, and passion for vaping that has fueled the burning excitment fire.

IAmKrazy2,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom