Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vitolo said:
Perhaps, just touching up some of the comments with an "IMO" might soften reactions to what obviously are not facts, but opinions! :peace:

Thank you, Mr Vitolo.

I have adopted the practice, as you recommend.

I'm British.
On British forums, they are all arrogant, self-centered, know-it-alls.
Even I had to complain!!!
And it takes a lot from a net website to ruffle my feathers!

In the US of A (God bless Obama and his subjects), the vape-users will defend their vapes to an inch of their life! IMO. :)
Loyalty is nice.

But if my friend has a better TV than me,
I don't feel smaller if I admit this fact.
It's only a TV after all.

Vapemania-original,

mongorian

Perfectly Toasted
c'mon now y'all... don't feed the trolls.

Seriously though, if you don't see the benefit in this particular project then don't buy it. I assure you, nobody watching this thread is interested.

Also, the fact that this vape is specifically designed to make the water filtered, glass only (no plastics) experience as easy and natural as possible is precisely the reason that SO many people are dying to get hold of one. Being a very long time bong lover... if I had to explain it to you - you wouldn't understand.

mod note: please observe the 'be nice' rule and refrain from referring to any member as a troll.

mongorian,

max

Out to lunch
Any vape that has the bowl above the heater will provide some degree of ambient heat. I don't know that anyone has tested the Cloud by letting it sit, loaded, for an extended period. If this is a big issue for you, you may want to go with a whip model. Even then, a gg connection, left connected, will collect heat.

max,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
zombonaut said:
I have a question. Does this design heat the herb when you are not hitting it, like the HA?

Great question, something that someone who currently has a beta can test (or i will later). I agree with Max, some ambient heat will remain. That being said, i was surprised how the VXC bowl and even the 18mm glass connection never got too hot to touch. Areas far bellow on the unit were hotter then where the bowl was in-between hits. So, i would think there is a minimal amount of heat on the herb.

You could easily take out the EZ load bowl, or turn off the unit. It heats up quickly, and the bowl is easy to remove and put in again without making a mess like most vapes. Or just vape that entire bowl and pack another, like me (although sometimes i forget about a bowl and it sits heated) The vape isnt really designed to be on for long periods anyway, so if your not hitting it, turn it off for a second. This will resolve your issue.

IAmKrazy2,

zombonaut

Thanks for the input guys! I have a tendency to preheat a bowl in the HA and then forget about it!

Maybe that means I didn't really "need" another crucible full in the first place! :ko:

zombonaut,

max

Out to lunch
I have done the 'load and forget' thing with the HA myself. :rolleyes: The Cloud beta got pretty hot after a while, and sm recommended turning it off between sessions. It's my understanding that the insulation has been improved though, so a turn off may not be needed as much in that respect. But it really doesn't take long to heat up, so switching it off is certainly an option if you don't want to remove the bowl, and are concerned about heat during stand by time.

max,

eddyfrancis

It's extraordinary that the bowl doesn't get very hot. After seeing the huge clouds it makes, I too was worried that it might cook off a little vapor in between hits. This thing seems to defy the laws of thermodynamics. :o

eddyfrancis,

Pappy

shmaporist
zombonaut said:
I have a question. Does this design heat the herb when you are not hitting it, like the HA?
I'd characterize the VXC as a load and hit vape, similar to the pace I hit in my vids. That's because it's designed to deliver optimum temp whether you're hitting it or not -- it isn't strictly breath dependent. SM can correct me if I'm wrong. But if you inserted a load and forgot about five minutes it would be at least partially depleted.

Pappy,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
The vapeXhale should be the ultimate vaping machine.. So i guess it must have any extra nomatter how stupid it is.. But it should be optional... For me it should be like a ferarri . 50 000 bare car 150 000 with extras.. There should be a unit only option... they should make packeges A to Z or custom packages like other vape manufactures..
For example I bought the magic wand full package 185 usd + hand adaptor for free( 20$)
but if my budget was smaller i could get the unit 130 usd and there was a promotion to redeem the 20$ hand adaptor... i could take it for 110 usd..
So 110 bare MW 185-200 full extra kit...
So clould should be for me 200-250 full unit only.. and 450 for full glass ,bowls + whatever else..

Abysmal Vapor,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
IMO it would be naive to assume that the unit is only $200 -$250 on it's own as I'm sure that 90% of the R&D for the cloud would have went into the unit itself. The glass tubes included would have required less research as many great methods of diffusion are well known, especially to the creators of this amazing vape (You need only look at stonemonkeys youtube clips to know that he has endless amounts of experience with top quality diffused glass). The main thing with the glass is the costs of the labor, glass and the time it would take for the blowers to pump them out. The unit itself on the other hand is what would cost the most to design, prototype, manufacture and refine through beta testing and addressing issues before release as they are now.

You never know VapeXhale may offer the stand alone unit eventually, even if they don't they seem like amazing people with a mighty passion for all things vapor! I am sure in my mind that when the unit is available and in production that a simple email to them would eventuate in negotiating a deal for the Unit minus the glass. But as for the matter of price, we should never make assumptions as to what should be what..... (as they say when you assume you only make an ass out of you and me ;))

We are all eagerly waiting the arrival of this vapor wonder, but the long wait will be well worth it when the unit arrives and does it's job 100% the way the creators intended, out of the first production box that the first lucky consumer receives.

Keep at it VapeXhale! you guys are great assets to the gobal vapor community :peace:

psyshaman,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Abysmal Vapor said:
The vapeXhale should be the ultimate vaping machine.. So i guess it must have any extra nomatter how stupid it is.. But it should be optional... For me it should be like a ferarri . 50 000 bare car 150 000 with extras.. There should be a unit only option... they should make packeges A to Z or custom packages like other vape manufactures..
For example I bought the magic wand full package 185 usd + hand adaptor for free( 20$)
but if my budget was smaller i could get the unit 130 usd and there was a promotion to redeem the 20$ hand adaptor... i could take it for 110 usd..
So clould should be for me 200-250 full unit only.. and 450 for full glass ,bowls + whatever else..

So many shoulds.

I'm always leery of telling someone who has started a business and designed a device like the Cloud how they "should" do things. Perhaps I'm naive but I assume someone who is as smart as stonemonkey55 seems to be (judging by his posts) has done the homework necessary to make intelligent decisions as to how VapeXhale should market their product.

As it happens, a standalone unit will probably be available in the future. See http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=81903#p81903.

pakalolo,

Abysmal Vapor

In that "Future" i bet there will be better vapes... than the VXC.
Technology advances very fast.. If for example the cloud is on the market in one year... Then when will it appear as a single unit for sale ? 1.5-2 years ? I am not very informed on when will it be aviable for sale ?
Is there any release date ?

Abysmal Vapor,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Abysmal Vapor said:

IMO, the VXC is the ultimate vaping machine, but why "should it be". Why should they offer some package at launch just because you feel they "should".

I dont see how you can say a MW is between $110 and $200, so the VXC should be $200 to $250. How can you compare the two? Have you been following the VXC development for over a year? Have you had the opportunity to test the VXC quality vs that of the MW? I have. To me, the price is justified. It seems to be VX has easily put in 4x the research and 4x the cost of material into the VXC over the MW. Dont get me wrong, i like the MW for what it is, but it is not even close to being on par with the VXC in vapor production.

You say in the future there may be better vapes. Probably true, but catching up to the VXC will take some time. Unlike almost every other vape, this device was designed from the ground up to be a vaporizer. Most companies start building around a heating element that has another purpose then vaporization. Is the volcano technology obsolete? How about that used by the SSV or LSV? Nothing new in a long time from those companies, and still two of the better products on the market. What about ettera technolgy, used in the PD toasty top MZ, ect. This is 20+ years old, and still a forum favorite. What about the Supreme, more then 10 years and still one of the hardest hitting vapes available. IMO, the VXC is further ahead of the competition then any of the above manufacturers were when their product first came out.

IAmKrazy2,

Abysmal Vapor

I will buy it anyway , anyprice.. A little better than other top vapes should be a lot better ;).. But if i had the choice.. probably i would buy only the unit and use it with my favourite glass pieces.. Someday i will get that unit and then i will write my review.. You are right that i can't say that price is justified until i havent tried the unit... I see that you have full collection of various vapes.. and i will honor your opinion... But from your vape collection it seems that you are not gettin cheap ... on vape equipment.. But selling the unit only will make it more accessible to people on budget.. It will be huge plus if instead ssv or extreme people can buy cloud with not hat big price difference ( EQ is listed 300$ in some shops :)
For people in my country The difference between 300$ and 450 is 2 months of hard work... and lot of saving.. So i will pass on the glass tube,, I prefer vape bonging... anyway.. I bet the hydra tree is awesome but if the unit can operate without it ... i dont see a reason saving for a glass tube when i already have one... which is fine.. Whitout the glass part , taxes will be lower due to lower price. and probably shipment due to lower weight..
And i suggested that glass is round 200 $ because .. thats what a perc bong of high quality glass costs..
For example the Vrip sets round 50% of its price is on glass work..

Abysmal Vapor,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
VripTech and others do offer a variety of packages. But even the vriptech water tool, wasn't truly designed from te ground up to be used with vapor like the HT was. With the VXC, you'll get everything you need out of the box, an you don't need things like a stand to hold the unit in whie heating like the vhw. Sometime down the road, I expect to see a few diffrent packages avalible. By the way, international customers have to wait a bit longer anyway, and your ideal package may be avalible then..

By the way, as weak as the US dollar is right now I hope most people in your country are making more then $75 a month. Not everyone can afford that Farari you speak of.

IAmKrazy2,

Abysmal Vapor

IAmKrazy2 said:
VripTech and others do offer a variety of packages. But even the vriptech water tool, wasn't truly designed from te ground up to be used with vapor like the HT was. With the VXC, you'll get everything you need out of the box, an you don't need things like a stand to hold the unit in whie heating like the vhw. Sometime down the road, I expect to see a few diffrent packages avalible. By the way, international customers have to wait a bit longer anyway, and your ideal package may be avalible then..

By the way, as weak as the US dollar is right now I hope most people in your country are making more then $75 a month. Not everyone can afford that Farari you speak of.
:) 100$ a month with the taxes..

Abysmal Vapor,

Abysmal Vapor

WatTyler said:
Bulgaria is poor no doubt, but not that poor!!!

Average salary given here is 302euro ($450).

Do you have a national minimum wage?
Its 120 euro but most people are working whitout contract.. because a lot of the bulgarians are not working or retired.. We have high taxes too.. My wage is 200 euro but i get only 150 because of taxes and the mandatory health tax... which is half of those 50 euro...
For example a typical salary in Sofia ( the capital) is 300 euro.. 100 km away in my home town its 60-100 euro..
+ When i order something from usa .. i get 25 % taxed + my stuff is always messed by the gorrilaz...
+ It corruption all the way... Sometimes i have to give money to the grey economy if i want to get the items i ordered...
The sad thing about our economy is that .. our parents and grand parrents insurance money were spent by the comunist in order to fool them that everything is moneyfree ... So if i dont work , there wont be any money for their retirement payments.. We dont inherit our parents insurance.. It dissapears when they die..
In bulgaria you get retired on 65-67 and u have to live like 60-80 more years in order to get all the money you put in you retirement insurance :D... whitout the intrest. We got 10% of our country not working... (6% are from the Gypsy ethnos) and many old retired people that we have to feed ...
I am not complaining much anyway :).. I've been to USA and i can say that it does not worth the madness :)... I almost lost my mind there..
Some day when you get old and tired of America .. Bulgaria is the perfect place for your golden years.., We are selling cheap propeties in the virgin nature :D The Japanese tried to buy a City with 50 000 bulgarians in order to produce yoghurt... Weed is cheap and high quality :)... And you will live like kings with 1000$ a month with all the dope and whore u want :)...

Abysmal Vapor,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
I will buy it anyway , anyprice.. A little better than other top vapes should be a lot better ;).. But if i had the choice.. probably i would buy only the unit and use it with my favourite glass pieces.. Someday i will get that unit and then i will write my review.. You are right that i can't say that price is justified until i havent tried the unit... I see that you have full collection of various vapes.. and i will honor your opinion... But from your vape collection it seems that you are not gettin cheap ... on vape equipment.. But selling the unit only will make it more accessible to people on budget.. It will be huge plus if instead ssv or extreme people can buy cloud with not hat big price difference ( EQ is listed 300$ in some shops :)
For people in my country The difference between 300$ and 450 is 2 months of hard work... and lot of saving.. So i will pass on the glass tube,, I prefer vape bonging... anyway.. I bet the hydra tree is awesome but if the unit can operate without it ... i dont see a reason saving for a glass tube when i already have one... which is fine.. Whitout the glass part , taxes will be lower due to lower price. and probably shipment due to lower weight..
And i suggested that glass is round 200 $ because .. thats what a perc bong of high quality glass costs..
For example the Vrip sets round 50% of its price is on glass work..

TGIF everyone! Just to set the record straight, the reason we are only offering the VXC in a full kit is because this is how it was designed to operate and be used. We could have used special fittings so that the VXC would ONLY work with HydraTubes but we felt that our customers would get more value if they could use it with other glass pieces. Please respect the vision of the VapeXhale team, we felt that with this design, we could simplify and make the vaping experience more comfortable and ergonomic and this is how we want our customers to experience it.

While I am impressed with the various options of the MW, our vision was not to be a jack of all trades vape. Could we make similar accessories to increase the versatility of the unit? Most certainly that is well within the capabilities of our team but our primary focus right now is to tune the heat algorithm, stabilize the heat sensor, and focus on vapor quality and production.

The best analogy I can give is that you can take a 4 cylinder engine, add a turbocharger, nos, and whole bunch of other add on products to try and boost its performance, or you can try and design a V12 engine that can give you all the horsepower you need without breaking a sweat. It is a much different methodology when going about designing a vaporizer this way and I am confident the results will speak for themselves.

Happy Friday and hope everyone has a great weekend.

stonemonkey55,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I have to say that while I like using the Xhale with my Roor tube it just isn't the same as with the hydratube. I do think the 2 pieces work together fantastic and really takes the whole vape experience to another level. Even dry the tubes really cool the vapor and the airflow is amazing. I can't even look at my SSV anymore.

While I see how some might want the Cloud itself without the tubes I think they'd be missing out IMHO. The hydratube is an awesome delivery method which really makes the Cloud sing. Personally I look forward to starting my collection of hydratube styles lol.

Lucky #7 beta still kicking ass and taking names here :D

Lo,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Damn your #7. #8 went down quick. I keep thinkin about buying more glas for my VXC but I might just start buying HTs instead. Any HT with a waffle or honeycomb purculator would be awesome, since I have no glass with that desgn type. When orders come out, ill ideally order two more tubes if avalible.

IAmKrazy2,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I am excited about putting the cloud through it's paces with various tools, although it seems the hydratubes that are specifically meant for the cloud are reported to be the best match for the cloud.

Since everything I own is 14 , I was wondering if I should start getting 18 or just keep getting 14 since I'll have an adapter anyhow?

Progress,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom