Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

2clicker

Observer
hereatlast said:
Rules are rules IMO, they seem to have held some order here in the past. Either way, doesn't seem like this is the place to question them (though philosophically I'm in favor of questioning rules :lol:). :2c:

Very cool to hear about the new heaters, I bet the beta-testers have some fun weeks ahead. :)

im not trying to cause any trouble, but my post, of which had Cloud related content, was completely deleted. and im just curious as to why.

as for the solicitation rule... how does a user become a vendor or MFG on here? how do you go from just any user soliciting to a vendor/MFG soliciting...? im asking because im wanting to follow the rules. surely there is a place on FC for vapor related wear / gear no...?

also, it should be clear as day that by my post count and my wanting to contribute to this forum, that im not just here to try and make a buck. i havent posted anything like it before either. its just that im in the textile printing industry and ive got some ideas that vapor enthusiasts may possibly be interested in. and i wanna share.

and as in my other post im extremely excited to hear about the new heaters and how they are performing! do tell

2clicker,

Pappy

shmaporist
max said:
herbzzzzzzzz said:
pappy make the jesus bigger on that and ill buy it for me and everyone i know
I'm sure Pappy's not selling those shirts, since that would be against the forum rules. ;)

No selling or soliciting items on the forum.
Max is right... The T-shirts have no link. ;)

Pappy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
2clicker said:
how does a user become a vendor or MFG on here?
I would ask the administrator in a direct PM any questions about MFG status. you will get a more direct response, unclouded by the thread around it... and without sidetracking the thread! ;)

Vitolo,

2clicker

Observer
Vitolo said:
2clicker said:
how does a user become a vendor or MFG on here?
I would ask the administrator in a direct PM any questions about MFG status. you will get a more direct response, unclouded by the thread around it... and without sidetracking the thread! ;)

i just realized that is what i should have done but ive been vaping all morning... my apologies to everyone! especially you SM. i will try to be more diligent about posting in the correct places.

now more heater news please!

2clicker,

max

Out to lunch
2clicker said:
max said:
No selling or soliciting items on the forum.

not trying to stir shit up, but why not? its clearly vapor related for vapor enthusiasts. its not much dif than the vape MFGs soliciting their products is it?

how does one get that "MFG" status on here?

and what happened to my reply that was on this page? totally deleted?
Sounds like you really do need to review the rules- Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.

I think it's common sense that you don't ask, in a post, about advertising or posting as a commercial entity. vtac's email address is right at the bottom of the rules page. As for your post being deleted, no. It was moved off the public forum, since even if you had commercial status with a thread on the forum all to yourself, advertising in the threads isn't allowed, for anyone.

max,

max

Out to lunch
2clicker said:
max said:
I think it's common sense that you don't ask, in a post, about advertising or posting as a commercial entity.

thanks for that!
Sorry but I don't have much sympathy for those who have been members for a year and don't know the rules. We also have one about staying on topic- "Please avoid derailing or side-tracking discussions."

max,

2clicker

Observer
max said:
2clicker said:
max said:
I think it's common sense that you don't ask, in a post, about advertising or posting as a commercial entity.

thanks for that!
Sorry but I don't have much sympathy for those who have been members for a year and don't know the rules. We also have one about staying on topic- "Please avoid derailing or side-tracking discussions."

and one that says

"Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member."

that is all from me on this... back to the cloud.

can those of you who have tested one or still have one speak to the length of the power cord? and has anyone tried using a cloud in a vehicle via a power inverter? ive been told that they should work fine w/out the need for a "pure sine wave" inverter, but im just curious to others experiences.

2clicker,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
2clicker said:
hereatlast said:
Rules are rules IMO, they seem to have held some order here in the past. Either way, doesn't seem like this is the place to question them (though philosophically I'm in favor of questioning rules :lol:). :2c:

Very cool to hear about the new heaters, I bet the beta-testers have some fun weeks ahead. :)

im not trying to cause any trouble, but my post, of which had Cloud related content, was completely deleted. and im just curious as to why.

as for the solicitation rule... how does a user become a vendor or MFG on here? how do you go from just any user soliciting to a vendor/MFG soliciting...? im asking because im wanting to follow the rules. surely there is a place on FC for vapor related wear / gear no...?

also, it should be clear as day that by my post count and my wanting to contribute to this forum, that im not just here to try and make a buck. i havent posted anything like it before either. its just that im in the textile printing industry and ive got some ideas that vapor enthusiasts may possibly be interested in. and i wanna share.

and as in my other post im extremely excited to hear about the new heaters and how they are performing! do tell

Content, not post count is what will get you respect on the forum. Having a decent number of post next to your name means nothing to me. Questioning a mod in a thread, and then crying that he may have insulted or belittled you is laughable IMO. In the end, i think you basically added a bunch of useless bullshit to this thread, and now i am adding more, oh well.

@SM- Not sure if adding an extra HydraTree onto a pre-order (0nce we are sent a confirmation email) is possible, but if it is, any idea on cost? scientific vs namebrand? Also, wondering where on the clock the sweet spot (that you and i enjoyed at 12:00 on my beta), will be on the production model. with a higher max temp, id imagine somewhere around 9:00 or 10:00, have you chosen the final calibration, and if so, where are you personally keeping your dial (as we prefer similar vapor temps.)

IAmKrazy2,

max

Out to lunch
... wondering where on the clock the sweet spot (that you and i enjoyed at 12:00 on my beta), will be on the production model. with a higher max temp, id imagine somewhere around 9:00 or 10:00 ...
I can't speak for sm, but considering that 12 is the most common temp setting for many models, and where the dial 'clicks in' on the Cloud, I'd be really surprised if they didn't keep it at 12, if at all possible.

max,

2clicker

Observer
IAmKrazy2 said:
Content, not post count is what will get you respect on the forum. Having a decent number of post next to your name means nothing to me. Questioning a mod in a thread, and then crying that he may have insulted or belittled you is laughable IMO. In the end, i think you basically added a bunch of useless bullshit to this thread, and now i am adding more, oh well.

1. ive provided plenty of content to FC.
2. im not worried about what you think about my post count. my point was that its clear as day that by my post count and # of times i brought up t-shirts, that im not using this account to make money. make sense?
3. i wasnt crying (very classy btw!) i was pointing out the hipocracy.
4. why you felt it necessary to voice your opinion about something you werent even involved in is beyond me. way to keep it goin! yawn....

now can anyone speak to if they have used a cloud in their vehicle besides SM...?

mod note: This is your 6th off topic post on this page, and another was removed for soliciting/linking to a t-shirt thread.

2clicker,

Troi

IAmKrazy2 said:
2clicker said:
hereatlast said:

@SM- Not sure if adding an extra HydraTree onto a pre-order (0nce we are sent a confirmation email) is possible, but if it is, any idea on cost? scientific vs namebrand? Also, wondering where on the clock the sweet spot (that you and i enjoyed at 12:00 on my beta), will be on the production model. with a higher max temp, id imagine somewhere around 9:00 or 10:00, have you chosen the final calibration, and if so, where are you personally keeping your dial (as we prefer similar vapor temps.)

@ your final comment -- SM can correct, but as I understand it the intention of VXL will be to have production model sweet spot at 12, roughly in the 370 - 380 range, however for people who prefer the low temp vapor first, would start at 10. I gained this understanding though with the old heater/sensor design so this may change with the new one, but I'm assuming they will correct the algorithm to match the same goal.

Troi,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks guys, id be happy as hell if my old sweet spot was still 12:00, but for some reason since the max temp increased i assume this may not be the case. Either way once you find your sweet spot, you never have to change it to cook the bowl all the way through perfectly.

@2Clicker. VXC in my vehicle? Yes i have, once.

Oh, you asked three times (of which i have no idea why), so i answered three times.

IAmKrazy2,

2clicker

Observer
IAmKrazy2 said:

thanks krazy

sounds like there are no issues with regular power inverters which is fantastic.

and what was the final decision on the cases for the Cloud? did any of the beta units come in cases?

2clicker,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Case was designed after the beta units went out.

Just got an oz of blue dream and went to town with it in the Cloud last night. What a divine hit! The comfort and tatest this unit delivers is phenomenal. I keep going back to other vapes for a few days just to come back to the Cloud and see the difference. The clouds I get are ENORMOUS!

Now that I've got a good stash I will go through some efficiency testing. But honestly, last night I came to the conclusion that it doesn't matter how efficeient it is or isn't. I'm pretty sure it can be used efficiently like the SSV, but if I need to stretch a supply I'm going to use my PD. The Cloud was made for performance in the taste and feel department, and it kills it. The only reason I would want to use it efficiently is to make it my every day driver because the hits are perfect.

I think eventually monkey and Tom will get together and put out a package deal that has a Cloud, a PD, and a hydratube with adapters. And no one will ever buy another vape again!

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^
That's fuckin funny!

Am I the only one on the planet right now with a working beta Cloud?

stickstones,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
sticks' you may be about the only one left. I think i got four nights if i am not mistaken, maybe five nights. i think there was a tester who got even less time with it then me too. that being said, it doesn't take but a few minutes to see the VXC is heads and tails above the competition.

IAmKrazy2,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I wonder if it is related to the tweaks they did to get the temp right for you guys. Mine was set hot and they didn't fix it because I wanted it that way. Perhaps the corrected ones weren't as solidly afixed as mine is.

stickstones,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
stickstones said:
I wonder if it is related to the tweaks they did to get the temp right for you guys. Mine was set hot and they didn't fix it because I wanted it that way. Perhaps the corrected ones weren't as solidly afixed as mine is.

Sticks! You are one of the lucky few who still have their Cloud, Lo is the other one. Your unit last longer has nothing to do with heat algorithm, just that your heat sensor has stayed in place. Every unit that came back, we merely had to move the sensor back into place and it started working again. The embedded heater sensor will solve this problem :brow:

Time for me to enjoy the weekend and get :ko:

stonemonkey55,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
You know it monkey! Had a great day today...ran two ELB's through the Cloud with some Blue Dream in it and went to the beach for a few hours...doesn't get any better!

Gonna start up again in a little bit with some lighter loads.

I will say this...hits off the Cloud that don't show any more vapor still get me rocked. I had been told, and believe it to be true, that there is plenty of good stuff in the invisible vapor. But nothing makes me feel it more than the Cloud!

stickstones,

theasian

Official Asian
Just put my name down for a pre-order ... I don't mind how long the wait will be, this thing is certainly in a league of its own. I like the fact that the owners are active members of the community, and that they took the time to iron out all the potential problems before releasing the product. It truly demonstrates their desire for ultimate customer satisfaction, in addition to superior product performance.

Look forward to any and all updates :brow:

theasian,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
So I put one PD bowl's worth of weed in an ELB and vaped it. The hit was comparable to what I get out of the PD, so it will hit a small amount. I think I get more out of it with the PD, but the avb is also much more cooked. I didn't kick up the heat to see what would happen.

Then I put three stems worth of weed in the ELB. It filled it about half way which is where I usually fill it to anyhow. So the average ELB is about equivalent to three PD stems.

stickstones,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom