Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbur

abo27495 said:
any updates on the enclosure and the new heater? I need one of these babies a.s.a.p.

its gonna be awhile..more than 1,000 units to build and ship out..

blackbur,

abo27495

blackbur said:
abo27495 said:
any updates on the enclosure and the new heater? I need one of these babies a.s.a.p.

its gonna be awhile..more than 1,000 units to build and ship out..
From what ive read, sm said that the 1000 units will be built very quickly once there able to finalize the design.

abo27495,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, I sold a bunch of stuff, to make way for the Cloud. Now I am getting the itch to buy some glass instead of waiting!:|

Tstat,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Guys...the beta testing didn't reveal a ton of shit to fix...mostly just two issues, one of which is programming. The other is heat, and the redesign is happening. Once this detail is worked it should be ready for production. I'm not abreast of all the details, but I don't think it is lost until next year.

stickstones,

abo27495

Im sure this has been answered 100 times, but how do you like the cloud for pd size bowls? or really anything under .1?

abo27495,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
elmomuzz said:
We'll be lucky to get it this year. :(

lepstadder said:
I am beginning to fear this is true

I tried to let this go but I can't.

You people remind me of my mother-in-law. She imagines the worst and then fusses and frets as though it's true, getting everyone else around her worked up as well.

Unless you have inside facts to support your trepidation, please give it a rest. Starting rumours won't help.

pakalolo,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hey guys, hope everyone had a good weekend. Before this thread starts getting out of control, I figured I'd interject with a quick update.

The new enclosures are already being built but our heater is where we are seeing some delays. For those that haven't been following the thread too closely, there are two things we needed to fix before launch.

One - the enclosure needed a slight modification to dissipate heat better.

Two - the sensor (which was being held in place by the heater) had been getting knocked loose with usage. We are having our heater manufacturer embed the sensor into the heater so that we won't have the sensor knocked loose anymore. Unfortunately, this is a little bit easier said than done. We were supposed to get the heaters last week but our manufacturer has been having trouble fitting it properly. The ETA on them is now July 15 :(

Once we get it, we will have to do all the testing and that good stuff but at least the packaging, the HydraTubes, and everything else is set to go. Just need to get these last parts and we should be able to party. This is one of the drawbacks of not using off the shelf parts but as you can see by the initial reviews, the trade off in performance is tremendous.

stonemonkey55,

abo27495

hey sm, I was thinking that if you electroformed the vxl rain it would handle heat better....just a suggestion

abo27495,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
pakalolo said:
elmomuzz said:
We'll be lucky to get it this year. :(

lepstadder said:
I am beginning to fear this is true

I tried to let this go but I can't.

You people remind me of my mother-in-law. She imagines the worst and then fusses and frets as though it's true, getting everyone else around her worked up as well.

Unless you have inside facts to support your trepidation, please give it a rest. Starting rumours won't help.

There is a difference between a rumour and a opinion. I'll quote this post again in january and we'll see who was right. Hopefully you. :)

elmomuzz,

hereatlast

elmomuzz said:
There is a difference between a rumour and a opinion.

Agreed. At the same time, it seems that your initial post (that is, "We'll be lucky to get it this year...") is unfounded either way.

Cloud(s) on the way sounds good to me. Keep up the good work at VXL. :)

hereatlast,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
elmomuzz said:
There is a difference between a rumour and a opinion. I'll quote this post again in january and we'll see who was right. Hopefully you. :)

Indeed there is. Unfortunately, rumours get started by the careless expression of opinion, especially one based on pure speculation. "Hey, I read at FC that the Cloud won't be ready until next year..."

pakalolo,

Troi

Thought Id ring in on this "cloud next year comment" while as a beta tester of the last round I don't think the cloud is a year away, as SM said, theres 2 fixes and there working on them. And if everything goes as expected with the new enhancements, I totally can see sometime in August (that is my guess, nobody at Vapexhale labs have committed to that time frame), but I do know that VXL wants to get the product out as soon as finished, but not stray from a polished product that they have promised all along, just to get it out.

But, please keep in mind, if there is a enclosure or heating element change, discovered during the next round of beta, Q4 of 11 would be our next best chance in my opinion, due to the 1-2 month re-development needed for such revisions. But I'm confident having seen in my hands the last version that it was just about ready.

Enjoy summer everyone, and before you know it the cloud will be ready.

Troi,

los

idk if this has been discussed in the past(i think sm said he wasnt sure) but will the cloud be sold as a stand alone unit, with out glass? i ask because for those who already own glass(me, lol) it would be great just to purchase the unit w/o glass. what would the price be?

is it that far fetched that the cloud will come out next year? i dont think so, i also dont think that this is a knock on the brand/company itself but it is a possibility. its an opinion nothing more, this thread is here for a reason, people should be able to voice their opinion....good and bad. you cant blame people for being frustrated by the wait, the cloud looks like an amazing product.....cant wait.

keep pushing on vxl!

los,

los

IAmKrazy2 said:
Space Queen has C99 genetics (I believe), and was a delight to me. Have never tried anything with JC genetics, but have heard great things.

space queen is c99(which i love, pineapple pheno :D) x romulan. if you like that then youll love killer queen c99 x g13 got a cherry/strawberryish koolaid tasting pheno once....simply amazing....well anything with c99 is. blueberry x c99 from joey weed was also a tasty potent strain, his c99 was on point too.

the best thing about subcools genetics is that they are f1's for the most part, gotta love hybrid vigor and the genetic variation from plant to plant is beautiful imo as different users will like different phenos and because of the diversity it is possible to pick the pheno that suits you best. his strains are also very tasty, sorry for going ot i was a strain whore in my last life.

los,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
los said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
Space Queen has C99 genetics (I believe), and was a delight to me. Have never tried anything with JC genetics, but have heard great things.

space queen is c99(which i love, pineapple pheno :D) x romulan. if you like that then youll love killer queen c99 x g13 got a cherry/strawberryish koolaid tasting pheno once....simply amazing....well anything with c99 is. blueberry x c99 from joey weed was also a tasty potent strain, his c99 was on point too.

the best thing about subcools genetics is that they are f1's for the most part, gotta love hybrid vigor and the genetic variation from plant to plant is beautiful imo as different users will like different phenos and because of the diversity it is possible to pick the pheno that suits you best. his strains are also very tasty, sorry for going ot i was a strain whore in my last life.

No worries, I'm a c99 and all of it's hybrids. I have yet o try Killer Queen tho but today I picked up some Sour Flower X Blue Dream hybrid that absolutely looks amazing. I'll bring some to SPARC tomorrow ;)

stonemonkey55,

Pappy

shmaporist
stonemonkey55 said:
No worries, I'm a c99 and all of it's hybrids. I have yet o try Killer Queen tho but today I picked up some Sour Flower X Blue Dream hybrid that absolutely looks amazing. I'll bring some to SPARC tomorrow ;)
Passed the word on some UBER secret FB groups. ;)

Pappy,

Learner

any kind of wide base attachment for the cloud included? Just looking at the photo in Pappy's sig
20100605-1dh9tuxncb9ytit7kwie8qkbq9.jpg
, that's kind of what I am talking about. Both those vapes have quite wide bases.

Learner,

sunsett70

Beta-dudes, i toke on the da buddha and am vulnerable to dry mouth/ throat. i have read that "Cotton mouth is an effect of marijuana" (opinion or fact?) so am wondering how much cooling/soothing difference does the little bit of water in the hydratube make?

sunsett70,

max

Out to lunch
Learner said:
any kind of wide base attachment for the cloud included? Just looking at the photo in Pappy's sig http://img.skitch.com/20100605-1dh9tuxncb9ytit7kwie8qkbq9.jpg, that's kind of what I am talking about. Both those vapes have quite wide bases.
Last I heard there will be a single tube stand included with the Cloud kit. As for the Cloud itself, it's feet are not spread wide to be tip over proof, but unlike the E and 7th Floor vapes, you're not sticking a whip in and out of it. It's designed to be a hand held vape during use.

sunsett70 said:
how much cooling/soothing difference does the little bit of water in the hydratube make?
Quite a bit, IMO.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom