Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
:ko:
23qzdl3.jpg
Only managed to use 7 so far. Time to pass out.​

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Any time you use it inverted and you stop drawing on the unit vapor will start to rise up through the bottom (which is now pointing up) of the device. Over time that will accumulate.

I've noticed too that unless you pull the Cloud off while still pulling, the suction release sends the water up the downstem (or on a HT up the perc's dome/trees) and pushes the vapor back through the bamboo. So if you pause before clearing, that could cause it too.

Super exicted SM55!

Pappy

shmaporist
While I love my Epik (I actually have three) I've also found that if you use a pair of needle nose pliers and put a slight crimp in the lip of the ELB it gives you a place to start the removal.

Easiest (and hardest as you go along) is pushing the ELB in almost the whole way so you leave yourself an edge to pry. Unfortunately the HT usually pushes it all the way down anyway. lol
My fingernails never fail at extracting the ELB but I admire the design of the Epik. Just don't need one. My second favorite use for the Cloud is as a hand warmer.

A little off topic but not a stretch... CANNABIS PROPERTIES
459965_448556068564823_1788082158_o.png

ishness

My fingernails never fail at extracting the ELB but I admire the design of the Epik. Just don't need one. My second favorite use for the Cloud is as a hand warmer.

Nice chart. I remember seeing a non-tabulated version of this which also included the various temperatures at which the agents causing these properties were vaporised at. Haven't been able to relocate it though.

ishness,

SD_haze

I'm another individual who owns an e-pik, with no epicvape, but still only uses fingernails to remove the ELB. I'd say it took about a month of daily use to where I had it down perfectly.

While holding down the VXC with the one hand,
I grasp the ELB lip with the nail edge of my index and middle finger of the other hand,
and lift!

Takes me a fraction of the time compared to an e-pik because you can do it all in one motion. I also still do use my e-pik to scrape the sides of dirty ELBs, like others have reported.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I can see I've started a "debate" here; fingernails vs Epik. :lol:

The problem that I have (and none of you seem to....) is that I get my nails done. Taking the ELB out is a manicure wrecker. ;)

hehe...why not just take a kitchen knife then?

I don't mind the epik I just think that this small item is optional .

m0sh,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I actually have three Epik's and while they are a great tool for removing ELBs, I barely use it. A bunch of my ELBs fit great, and fit in my opinion perfect. I only have a few that are tight. And if I really gets stuck, then I'll use the EPik. Also, I take the ELB out after ever hit for a stir (probably not needed), but I find it helps even out the taste :-).

Nevertheless1090

So guys and gals,

I think I've formed enough information to give my review. Just a brief introductory, I have owned an Iolite and own a SSV and the Solo. I have been into vaporizing since 2010. My main mission is finding a vaporizer that hits HARD yet still doesn't take a week to learn how to do that. You will hear several references to the SSV because it's my hard hitter, wasn't hard to grasp and even gives me a "sesh."

Ok, on to the good stuff and it may have some length to it. When first trying her out, I grinded up mu herbs coarsely and filled about half or so of the ELB. Cranked her to three and gave it about five minutes. Filled up HT and devastator piece with some water and began to pull. The pull was so familiar, essentially a bong like rip, just with vapor! Of course other vaporizers can do it but this is the primary way to use it, not a work around or accessory needed. I looked in the mirror so I can see how well it milks; see how the percs fired and how fast it takes to produce clouds. Within 1-2 seconds the Devastator starting building vapor and it was a nice and steady serving. Within 10 seconds I was choked up and had to stop. Cloudy days but the taste wasn’t really there like my SSV and It only lasted four hits or so in about five minutes. The taste was good, not great but the clouds were awesome And a couch inducing high. I emptied the ELB and it was brown across the board. My initial reaction to the cloud was that it’s a hard hitter but isn't conservative and the taste factor is severely overrated. I thought it was a connoisseur vaporizer that wasn’t capable of filling a full time position for me. I was satisfied yet disappointed.

Furthermore, I decided to switch some things up and see if I received a different result. I grinded up my herbs finely but not too fine (not like dust) and set her right around 11 and 12-1 towards the end. I then filled the ELB 1/3 up. I let my cloud warm up for ten minutes this time also. My first hit was much tastier but still not as pungent as my SSV in terms of flavor. I'm pretty sure this is because of the HT. Even though the temperature was lower, it still produced a large amount of vapor. The second hit I decided I would try to trick the cloud. Start off with a slow pull then speed up my pulling significantly. Well, let me tell you, it keeps up and adjust like no other vaporizer in my opinion. The third hit I did the complete opposite; start fast and slow down and same results, plenty of vapor that tickled my lungs into coughing! Did I mention the flavor wasn't diminishing unlike the first sesh and ANY other vaporizer I tried? So I kept going, and going and GOING. 12 hits and 30 minutes later I quit but it was still producing visible vapor that didn't taste like burnt popcorn. I knew the ABV had to be a dark brown but upon inspection it was a light brown that would be incredible for edibles! The high was smooth and completely different from my initial session.

In conclusion, the Cloud is a fragile piece of equipment. I wouldn't bring it around a bunch of stoners because it reeks of disaster, unless it was a bunch of us FC members that knew better but this thing delivers big hits which would cause at least one person to blow water into the bamboo. Its capabilities are underrated around here because I was under the impression it doesn't last long in terms of an ELB but it all depends on what you want. It's versatile, GORGEOUS, consistent and innovative. If you’re like me and desire that session that you get from a blunt/joint and like to take your time with consistent big hits for 30 minutes or longer, then this is for you. If you miss your bong that rips your face off in 3-5 hits and are typically in a rush to get medicated, then you guessed it, the cloud is for you. Durability is a big question but the warranty should put most at ease. Taste is yummy but not as lovely as my SSV out of the whip. It’s not as conservative as a log vape but it definitely can extract the hell out of .1-.2g of herbs. Please don’t think your ELB will be cached in four hits at a reasonable temperature or even a bit higher.

Nevertheless, This will now be my daily driver and this is coming from a true fan of the SSV and 7th floor products. It's that good and it can do whatever you want, how you want it. I wouldn't recommend it for a rookie vaporist just because of its sheer power and how easily you can break it after being obliterated.

PS: Here are a few pics.They were rushed and I will post some better ones but I wanted to get this out to you guys! Let me know if anybody wants anymore pics and I'll post em up. Tried her out last night around 2 ish and she still hit for over 9 hits for over an hour. Hope you guys enjoyed my write up!:tup:

max

Out to lunch
nevertheless1090 said:
I think I've formed enough information to give my review.

Glad you like your new vape, but I'd disagree with a couple of your conclusions. I used the SSV for years and would say the taste is better with the Cloud due to the lack of tubing alone. Where the SSV might get an edge is in vapor density, and if you sub silicone for the stock tubing I suppose I suppose the denser hits could impress. You're the first I've seen rate an SSV higher for taste though.

I'd also disagree that the design is fragile. Lots of glass, sure, but none of it is what I'd call fragile. I've been using this model longer than most, all the way back to beta testing, and I've never come close to breaking anything. None of the glass is thin. I just recognize that I'm using glass and take care accordingly, the same as I would using anything glass, vs. plastic or metal. You could certainly consider it fragile for passing around amongst a bunch of stoners, who didn't have to pay big bucks in order to try it out. In those situations you'd be wise to supervise each person's hits. Group vaping is always dangerous to breakable vapes, especially after a round or two. It's great for rookie vaporists who are used to big bong hits, since there's little to no learning curve. As for being more breakable once you're fucked up, so is a 2 ton motor vehicle.

Nevertheless1090

Glad you like your new vape, but I'd disagree with a couple of your conclusions. I used the SSV for years and would say the taste is better with the Cloud due to the lack of tubing alone. Where the SSV might get an edge is in vapor density, and if you sub silicone for the stock tubing I suppose I suppose the denser hits could impress. You're the first I've seen rate an SSV higher for taste though.

I'd also disagree that the design is fragile. Lots of glass, sure, but none of it is what I'd call fragile. I've been using this model longer than most, all the way back to beta testing, and I've never come close to breaking anything. None of the glass is thin. I just recognize that I'm using glass and take care accordingly, the same as I would using anything glass, vs. plastic or metal. You could certainly consider it fragile for passing around amongst a bunch of stoners, who didn't have to pay big bucks in order to try it out. In those situations you'd be wise to supervise each person's hits. Group vaping is always dangerous to breakable vapes, especially after a round or two. It's great for rookie vaporists who are used to big bong hits, since there's little to no learning curve. As for being more breakable once you're fucked up, so is a 2 ton motor vehicle.

Maxx, I tasted them side by side and the SSV taste was more pronounced in my opinion. But I also haven't gave the cloud a go with zero filtration which would be a fair comparison. I'll be sure to let you guys know what I think upon further testing. Comparing the taste when both are filtered with water, the Cloud wins hands down

We can agree to disagree regarding it being fragile. I've had people blow into the SSV SEVERAL times due to the hit being too big for them and all I get is a dirty HC, not a possible broken unit. Glass can be super thick or thin but at the end of the day, it's still glass and is extremely breakable. I get exactly where you going with your analogy but I dropped my SSV Wand and it took 5 business days to replace and about $20. If I did the same with the cloud it would take $150 and x amount of weeks. Glass is fragile but it is not a worry of mine since I had my medicali Bong for at least year and a half with zero drops.

Nevertheless1090,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I used the SSV for years and would say the taste is better with the Cloud due to the lack of tubing alone. Where the SSV might get an edge is in vapor density, and if you sub silicone for the stock tubing I suppose I suppose the denser hits could impress. You're the first I've seen rate an SSV higher for taste though.

I'd also disagree that the design is fragile. Lots of glass, sure, but none of it is what I'd call fragile. I've been using this model longer than most, all the way back to beta testing, and I've never come close to breaking anything.
That's a first for me too. Water filtration will slightly dull flavor while providing a smoother hit. Smoother usually means the ability to take a bigger hit, which IME with the Cloud means massive flavor. It's a trade off, but you can always hit it without water using any piece, or get a simple 18mm whip adapter and use it with a whip.

The SSV's dense vapor production is largely due to its very narrow airstream hitting the herb. Trade off there is uneven cooking (concentrated browning in the center of the bowl), and the classic popcorn taste. Personally I haven't ever found the Cloud to be lacking in density.

As far as glass durability is concerned I'd actually put the Cloud in the same category as the SSV. Glass, protected by thick aluminum armor. The glass water tools themselves aren't, but that's not really unique here. In any case, you don't want to drop it, and I don't trust my glass around newbies.

As simple as the Cloud is to use, you'll find techniques that work best for your own preferences after some time living with the vape. Experiment and enjoy. :science:

Nevertheless1090

This will make a difference for you. I was amazed at how much more flavor I got off a dry tube compared to wet. It was my first direct experience with how much flavor water can remove.

Yeah, I'm coming from using the SSV mainly through the whip 90% and 10% out of my bong. I noticed most FC members are the opposite so maybe thats why the taste difference was so evident to me. I must say, with the temperature around 11-1 it still retains a great amount of flavor to be filtered with water. Can't wait to try it out with no water!

Nevertheless1090,

zeeg

I get exactly where you going with your analogy but I dropped my SSV Wand and it took 5 business days to replace and about $20. If I did the same with the cloud it would take $150 and x amount of weeks.

You can remove the "X" in front of weeks and replace it with the lemniscate
d245777abca64ece2d5d7ca0d19fddb6.png
. There are no words for how unacceptable the replacement process is. I am at my wits' end. There is not a product in the world that should require weeks, let alone months, to send out a replacement unit. I try to justify it left and right, but the truth is that there is no justification or excuse ...:nope:

mod note: You've already stated your case. No rabble rousing allowed.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I enjoy the cloud a great deal, but the SSV is so much easier to use in my case as well, and I have wands and HCs on hand just in case (I have never needed these spare parts)
When using the Cloud, I like the flavor 100% better with the VXC dry tube, and never use the hydratube.

Vitolo,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker

Thanks pap - great fucking chart! As far as the SSV comparison to the cloud I do agree with most and say that SSV or even the DBV make fucking thick beautiful clouds but as far as flavor it's not even close. I actually have run my old DBV with a long LSV wand (all glass) as opposed to tucking, it makes a big difference!

JCruiser

Ive been vaping in dry tubes for years. people can think its weird when they first notice the lack of water. half the time they think i forgot to fill it.

with the Cloud ive been doing the first big pull of the ELB with my dry beaker, then finish the ELB on the HT/water. which is usually only one more hit

JCruiser,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Cool...but I'm sure SM & company would rather that HT had spelled the name right...:\
they have a real problem with that. At the 1st America High Times Cup this past month in Denver, they had vapexhale listed as "vapex" on the voting sheet. This is probably why they didn't get 1st in best product :cool:

aesthyrian,

elixsor

You can remove the "X" in front of weeks and replace it with the lemniscate
d245777abca64ece2d5d7ca0d19fddb6.png
. There are no words for how unacceptable the replacement process is. I am at my wits' end. There is not a product in the world that should require weeks, let alone months, to send out a replacement unit. I try to justify it left and right, but the truth is that there is no justification or excuse ...:nope:

Just wanted to chime in here as Ive also faced ridiculous frustration with the replacement upgrade process. Had an original pre order cloud about 6 months before it crapped out and had to send for replacement. Besides the normal 3 week wait after they received the unit everything went alright and got back a functional cloud.

Sadly the replacement only lasted another two months before it wouldn't go green or heat up at all. At this point I realized that that it would be dumb not to do the upgrade considering how unreliable my previous units had been. Couldnt bet on the free warranty replacement holding up and vapex was ok sending out the less reliable units for there warranty replacements if you didnt pay the extra money. Even though I hadnt had more then 9 months of a working cloud in the 1 year warranty period decided to bite the bullet and send my unit back again.

Paid the upgrade fee and shipped the unit off, made it too the 3 week period without hearing much so I shoot off an email on a thursday and phil let me know it should be coming the next monday and that he would be forwarding me a tracking number shortly. Weekend comes and goes without a tracking number but I figured they were on top of it so I made arrangement to be available to sign for the package. Sadly my mail was delivered with no cloud.

Send off an email trying to see whats up with no luck and ended up calling the next afternoon and getting a hold of Phil finally he advised apparently there was some visual defect so it didnt get sent out but should be here by 4/19 which made me happy with the upcoming 420 festivities. Fortunately I actually received the unit.

I was hopeful considering the fact I was getting a warranty replacement that I would have a well assembled unit free of visual and functional defects. Unfortunately the unit I received was put together so poorly I could fit a coin in the crack in the casing at the bottom. Reached out to vapex right away and Ben asked that I email him directly with pictures saying he would get me sorted out right away and what not so I did. The unit did seem to be heating normally without any smells or anything which I let Ben know. At this point I let him know the unit I received wasnt going to be acceptable because of the poor assembly. This original correspondence with Ben was on Friday 4/19. Finally received a response from Phil on Tuesday morning asking that I give him a call. Called right back and left a msg. Still hadnt heard back the next day so tried calling and email again with no luck. As of Sunday night here I have not recieved any sort of meaningful communication towards a resolution in over a week now essentially.

Dont get how this could possibly be acceptable to any company. I mean I understand they are busy promoting the business and I really do want them to do well as I enjoy the product but do they really abandon everything else when they travel? How can you not follow up on these sorts of things in over a week not even a courtesy email about travelling or whatever. Besides the fact that Ben assured me he would get me squared away right away.

Hope you guys can focus a little more on product and customer service quality cause this whole process has been rather ridiculous. I just don't get how theres not QC especially for warranty replacement units and how would it ever be cool to send out a unit thats not even assembled squarely (Althought lots of pictures in this thread show this doesnt seem to be a disqualifier). A little less time balling it up at the cups and a little more time at the factory might do you yall good.

Top Bottom