Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
33da5xw.jpg

Bands a make her dance :rockon:

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Ok - so I want this stain off my cloud hole! I am ordering some PBW - I assume I just mix some and using a qtip clean the spot?

Use very hot water and mix well. Only a small amount is needed. Since you can't soak the joint (the oxidizing agent works best with time), you need to do more rubbing with the qtip than otherwise. Continue dipping the qtip so that the area remains wet, but not so much that the PBW runs down into the bamboo. IME the resin will dissolve but, depending, it can take a while and some elbow grease. I had a ring that the PBW wouldn't remove, had to use a pick to break the resin free and then it came off with the solution. Also, very important to rinse off completely, otherwise the PBW will leave a hard film after it dries.

After doing this a few times, I changed my cleaning schedule so that the ring doesn't develop in the first place; comes off with ISO. A lot easier being proactive than having to do the above. ;)

. . . You just can't get dark ABV from the cloud with really slow sips. It produces much better clouds and darker ABV with a faster hit . . .

That is not my experience. I often take slow hits. With my Cloud set at noon, after a primer hit to heat everything up, I get very thick vapor. And my ABV is very dark brown.

I think many posts here in effect attest to the flexibility of the Cloud. A lot of differences in user technique and preference, yet consistently the bottom line is incredible extraction and comfort.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Yeah I didnt see those anywhere, so I settled for generic black. Maybe they will send 1 with my Cloudbuddy. :rolleyes:

Live-N-Learn,

max

Out to lunch
. . . You just can't get dark ABV from the cloud with really slow sips. It produces much better clouds and darker ABV with a faster hit . . .

That is not my experience. I often take slow hits. With my Cloud set at noon, after a primer hit to heat everything up, I get very thick vapor. And my ABV is very dark brown.

I think many posts here in effect attest to the flexibility of the Cloud. A lot of differences in user technique and preference, yet consistently the bottom line is incredible extraction and comfort.

I agree. The Cloud's heat retention is very good and draw speed shouldn't make much difference.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I agree. The Cloud's heat retention is very good and draw speed shouldn't make much difference.

The only really difference draw speed would make is if you draw very fast in the beginning and then slow down to a very slow draw. When you draw fast the heater kicks on to compensate, but when you slow your draw the thermal mass/heat capacity can't cool quickly enough so you will get a rise in temperature. I can reliably cause combustion in the cloud using that technique... the ELB cap also has to be dirty and reduce airflow for it to happen easily.

You can also use this technique to get very thick vapor. Hit the cloud very fast for the first few seconds till vapor is produced, then slow down your draw some and you will get thicker vapor. :)

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: darkrom

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I find it very odd the location where my cloud stained. It is literally on the level where the aperture of the bamboo narrows. There is certainly space between the bottom of the ELB and that spot so it's not the screen staining. It's obviously on the top section which is pre-elb meaning that air has not actually come in touch with weed to create an oil stain yet. And, although my weed is decent I can assure that mother fucker ain't dripping! :shrug:

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I find it very odd the location where my cloud stained. It is literally on the level where the aperture of the bamboo narrows. There is certainly space between the bottom of the ELB and that spot so it's not the screen staining. It's obviously on the top section which is pre-elb meaning that air has not actually come in touch with weed to create an oil stain yet. And, although my weed is decent I can assure that mother fucker ain't dripping! :shrug:

Do you ever turn it upside down and use it inverted on glass other then a HydraTube?

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: mvapes

justcametomind

So today Vapefiend shop from UK told me that straight Hydratubes are not on sale anymore, they are sold out in the official site (ok), and they only manufacture bent ones also because the straight ones gave security issues. Is it true?

justcametomind,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I do but nearly as often. Maybe twice a week or so.

Any time you use it inverted and you stop drawing on the unit vapor will start to rise up through the bottom (which is now pointing up) of the device. Over time that will accumulate. That is my guess as to why you are having some staining down there. My bamboo is incredibly dirty inside around the heating element. When I a using it inverted and I pause breathing in I put my finger over the bottom hole to help prevent the vapor from rising up and out the bottom of the unit. It seems to help keep it a little cleaner longer.

So today Vapefiend shop from UK told me that straight Hydratubes are not on sale anymore, they are sold out in the official site (ok), and they only manufacture bent ones also because the straight ones gave security issues. Is it true?

It is an issue of ergonomics. VapeXhale switched to producing only bent neck pieces because it is better on your neck. Not sure if they plan on producing straight neck pieces again. I assume the SoulShine HydraLine is still straight neck. Maybe you can get your hands on one of those?

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Now that both official VXC house-glass tubes have removable mouthpieces, it should be pretty damn easy for them to release a straight mouthpiece for those, at least. They just need to make the bent mouthpieces same as usual, but, y'know, not bend them. I'd buy one.

Anonymouse,

abv123

Hi, I am about to purchase the Cloud and I was wondering if I could get some recommendations on which package to get?

Are they all the same as far as the Cloud itself and they only differ in the glass attachments you get?

What is the best one? Is there a consensus?

Thanks for your time.

abv123,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Hi, I am about to purchase the Cloud and I was wondering if I could get some recommendations on which package to get?

Are they all the same as far as the Cloud itself and they only differ in the glass attachments you get?

What is the best one? Is there a consensus?

Thanks for your time.

No there isn't. Each glass piece has it's own strengths and weaknesses. Showercap has most flavor least diffusion, the Devastator has the most diffusion I would assume. I have the original Evolver HydraTree and I love it.

newVaper420,
Top Bottom