Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Maybe it would help you guys if I posted how great the Cloud is after each session I have with it. That way you don't get overwhelmed with the 2% that has shown up here.

So far today I am two posts behind...sorry about that! I started yesterday using a whole lot less herb since my supplier has temporarily dried up. I consciously used less than half what I normally would and got by just fine. I love that the Cloud can efficiently extract whatever amount I decide to put in there. Today I am not even getting to 1/5 full on the ELB's and I am having a good three pulls that get me there. Pretty amazing machine that way.

I have to agree - this mofo extracts incredibly. Let me ask you - do you like your weed well dried or moist with the cloud? And what I mean is when compared with other devices in which dry helps and quite honestly its recommended with the cloud I don't think it actually matters.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I've been running my Cloud on surge protectors 100% of the time.

- 4-5 year old wiring, brand new 60A service to the workshop and all new wiring therein (certified)
- Surge Protector
- WeMo

There are no reasons for my Clouds to have failed. I really like the theory of the static electricity ... could be verified (at least to a degree) simply by correlating the failure rate data against location/climate/season as those things determine the humidity levels and the amount of static electricity likely to be common in the areas at the times. One would expect a trend to emerge if static electricity was a culprit ... I'm kind of at a loss as to why my 2nd unit failed in a 3 week period :(

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I've had a number of faulty units, and I have had my unit plugged into a surge protector all of the time. Static electricity is a good theory, but just a theory. I don't remember ever getting shocked or anything near my Cloud. I can honestly say I have no idea why all of the units I have had failed.
---------------
Ok, I think it's finally time I gave my review of the vaporizer itself, the Cloud Plus. I've had it for a little bit, but wanted VapeXhale to announce it so that I wouldn't be in trouble of announcing anything they didn't want me to, etc.

It looks identical, as you may have guessed. LOL. But this bad boy does heat up really fast. That was really one of my main complaints with the original Cloud. It used to take a good 15 - 20 minutes to heat up. People had to buy WeMo's to pre-heat their Clouds. You know who you are ;-). I was very close to buying a WeMo actually. However, with the Cloud Plus, I no longer need a WeMo. My unit can produce good vapor starting at probably around the 2 - 3 minute mark. I've never timed it, but it's fast. So I come home, turn it on, do a few things, get my stuff ready and it's good to go. I used to use other devices in times of extreme pain such as the Pax due to the quick heat up time, but the Cloud now heats up fast enough for me.

As I've said in all my posts in this thread, the Cloud is an incredible device. It delivers nice, thick vapor, and you can get really messed up really fast. Sometimes, you can go overboard because you can complete a Cloud session really fast, before anything really takes effect (at least for me). But I can use one ELB (.2g) and it definitely gets me lifted. I have severe pain IBS and it can help greatly with that condition.

I will say that in my previous working units, I used to hover around 1:00 / 1:30. Now I'm more at 2:45 or so. Not sure if that's meaningful for anyone, but at 2:45 I can get nice dark brown ABV after a few rips. I felt 1:00 / 1:30 wouldn't get me me to the right color ABV. I guess I could've increased it sporadically during that session. But I just use this unit at 2:45 and it works great. I have no access to concentrates, so I'm just using flowers.

VaporsOne

For those that have had to send in their Clouds: What did you put for a description of contents for the postage label (I am sending it from Canada to US). I put "Electric tobacco device unused" I am just hoping they don't get suspicious of it at the border and search it, only to end up testing for a minute amount of tobacco that didn't come off with my pipe cleaner / alcohol. All of a sudden I have a criminal record.

How paranoid am I being? How readily do they search packages at customs?

If this belongs in a thread of its own, let me know.

VaporsOne,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I've had a number of faulty units, and I have had my unit plugged into a surge protector all of the time. Static electricity is a good theory, but just a theory. I don't remember ever getting shocked or anything near my Cloud. I can honestly say I have no idea why all of the units I have had failed.
---------------
Ok, I think it's finally time I gave my review of the vaporizer itself, the Cloud Plus. I've had it for a little bit, but wanted VapeXhale to announce it so that I wouldn't be in trouble of announcing anything they didn't want me to, etc.

It looks identical, as you may have guessed. LOL. But this bad boy does heat up really fast. That was really one of my main complaints with the original Cloud. It used to take a good 15 - 20 minutes to heat up. People had to buy WeMo's to pre-heat their Clouds. You know who you are ;-). I was very close to buying a WeMo actually. However, with the Cloud Plus, I no longer need a WeMo. My unit can produce good vapor starting at probably around the 2 - 3 minute mark. I've never timed it, but it's fast. So I come home, turn it on, do a few things, get my stuff ready and it's good to go. I used to use other devices in times of extreme pain such as the Pax due to the quick heat up time, but the Cloud now heats up fast enough for me.

As I've said in all my posts in this thread, the Cloud is an incredible device. It delivers nice, thick vapor, and you can get really messed up really fast. Sometimes, you can go overboard because you can complete a Cloud session really fast, before anything really takes effect (at least for me). But I can use one ELB (.2g) and it definitely gets me lifted. I have severe pain IBS and it can help greatly with that condition.

I will say that in my previous working units, I used to hover around 1:00 / 1:30. Now I'm more at 2:45 or so. Not sure if that's meaningful for anyone, but at 2:45 I can get nice dark brown ABV after a few rips. I felt 1:00 / 1:30 wouldn't get me me to the right color ABV. I guess I could've increased it sporadically during that session. But I just use this unit at 2:45 and it works great. I have no access to concentrates, so I'm just using flowers.

Awesome review dude - I can't imagine running my cloud at 2 or 3 - I run her at noon and I get hefty clouds.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Someone told a story on here of their friends not liking the Cloud with their mids, but getting blasted of the good stuff (I can't find it). I have found this to be true with vaping. Cheap shit has very little active ingredients on the surface and, therefore, performs better when burned. Good stuff has lots of actives on the surface and vapes very well. Steve at Arizer has said many times that the most frequent problem he runs across with vaporists is shitty herbs.

I'm not in a legal state, so I didn't really appreciate that advice. But now that I have a really good source, all I can say is he is right. The best thing you can do for your experience is procure the best herb. Remember, it's the herb that we enjoy, not the device! Better to be without the Cloud than without the Plant.

Barbecued

For those that have had to send in their Clouds: What did you put for a description of contents for the postage label (I am sending it from Canada to US). I put "Electric tobacco device unused" I am just hoping they don't get suspicious of it at the border and search it, only to end up testing for a minute amount of tobacco that didn't come off with my pipe cleaner / alcohol. All of a sudden I have a criminal record.

I called it a heater, off the top of my head without thinking about it before hand.

Barbecued,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Someone told a story on here of their friends not liking the Cloud with their mids, but getting blasted of the good stuff (I can't find it). I have found this to be true with vaping. Cheap shit has very little active ingredients on the surface and, therefore, performs better when burned. Good stuff has lots of actives on the surface and vapes very well. Steve at Arizer has said many times that the most frequent problem he runs across with vaporists is shitty herbs.

I'm not in a legal state, so I didn't really appreciate that advice. But now that I have a really good source, all I can say is he is right. The best thing you can do for your experience is procure the best herb. Remember, it's the herb that we enjoy, not the device! Better to be without the Cloud than without the Plant.

that may have been me - I live in a non-mmj state as well and I had some shit weed that just would NOT give off any vapor. I guess there ain't no foolin a fucking vaporist! :rockon:

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
LOL yeah this is true, I remember I got shitty ganja and it just wasnt hitting. Needless to say I didnt get that strain again

Live-N-Learn,
Reactions: mvapes

Vapor Trails

To the ones who have experimented with this sorta thing:
1. Is it additionally effective in taming vapor irritation by using a pre-cooler before running it through the main glass (bong)?

2. If a pre-cooler will help, will it help even more to have Hot water in the pre-cooler to cause "steam" before reaching the bong joint, and neutral water in the bong to tame the temperature of the steam delivered via the pre-cooler?

Vapor Trails,

JCat

Accessory Maker

I ship with either "Electronics" or "Aromatherapy Device" and I've sent quite a few vaporizers over the border (after being thoroughly cleaned).

VaporsOne

I ship with either "Electronics" or "Aromatherapy Device" and I've sent quite a few vaporizers over the border (after being thoroughly cleaned).

I cleaned mainly the 18mm joint, but Im worried about there being some minute amount of material down inside the bamboo that I couldnt get. Luckily its 4 day shipping so Ill find out soon if it passed customs or if Im a criminal...

VaporsOne,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
The comments appear to be running as to be expected. Some data -

The FC membership now constitutes <10% of the number of Cloud customers, probably even less. Translation: We are no longer statistically representative.

There have been thousands of units shipped. The run rate is increasing. Translation: We are becoming even less statistically representative.

VXL is now selling indirect through an increasing number of distributors; this will have a compounding effect on unit volume. Translation: We not only are less important numerically, our opinions are becoming less relevant (unless, that is, our opinions and those of the distributors are about the same; this game is won in the sales channels, not on forums).

Marketing research proves that the percentage of unhappy customers who volunteer their dissatisfaction is much greater than the percentage of happy customers who do. The delta percentages vary somewhat of course across the research, but the fact of there being a large gap, is consistent. Translation: Taken with the above data, the complaints here are not statistically indicative quantitatively or qualitatively. That doesn't mean that a particular complaint/concern is invalid or not important of course; it does mean that perspective is called for.

About that 2%, it is still misunderstood. Warranty unit failure and warranty cost are not the same. The 2% industry average refers to cost, not units. VXL's warranty extension indicates that its unit cost of warranty has decreased such that it can fund the additional coverage. Translation: We not only get more warranty time, we also get it with assurance of greater reliability and hence less need to exercise the warranty.

FC is no longer, as it was at the start, "the" market for VXL, nor even remotely close. We still have inputs and feedback that are immensely important to VXL due to our collective experience and history with the company, and we have a close relationship that benefits all. For entirely selfish reasons I hope we continue to nurture and sustain that. On the other hand, extrapolating from what we read here into unsupported speculation, especially in technical matters, whether about the product or the company, is going to be counter-productive for all.

darkrom

Great Scott!
so i was dumping the packing peanuts from my cloud buddy box into my reuse bag of packing materials and i see another little package fall out. it's another stopper, cool!
strange, it doesn't have any of the ground glass finish on it, it's just smooth.
error, or...?

Well then people will be complaining about them getting stuck and DEMANDING free replacements. :rolleyes:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I cleaned mainly the 18mm joint, but Im worried about there being some minute amount of material down inside the bamboo that I couldnt get. Luckily its 4 day shipping so Ill find out soon if it passed customs or if Im a criminal...

Relax. Take a hit. Take two. Now contemplate the likelihood of them getting suspicious, then opening your package, then doing an examination on a microscopic scale, then finding the one trichome you missed, and then sending it off to the lab to get tested. I think you have a better chance of winning the 6/49.

OBG: We need a likeX10 button.:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

John Lewus

I am speculating that the cloud is very sensitive to voltage fluctuations which is why they are failing so much. Surge protectors are great for surges but not brownouts. Has anyone used a UPS with their cloud and had a failure?

Vapexhale is won't give a warranty for international customers because clouds were failing on voltage converters. That is a strong clue to me the electronics are sensitive to voltage fluctuations.

As an FYI I live in Oregon and we have lots of humidity here and less static electricity and my cloud works great. Static electricity is possible as an explanation but my money is on voltage fluctuations as the culprit.

John Lewus,
Reactions: t00fatt

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . it's another stopper, cool! . . . strange, it doesn't have any of the ground glass finish on it, it's just smooth . . . error, or...?

I purchased a CB when first available. One stopper. Smooth, no ground joint. Never been a problem since it's just a carb.

Sounds like you got a bonus. :)

. . . my money is on voltage fluctuations as the culprit.

Power flow modulation in the firmware, not a VR or the like. Changed to a new pulse modulation algorithm, which also reduces heat-up time and generates less sustained heat to throw off.

darkrom

Great Scott!
I am speculating that the cloud is very sensitive to voltage fluctuations which is why they are failing so much. Surge protectors are great for surges but not brownouts. Has anyone used a UPS with their cloud and had a failure?

Vapexhale is won't give a warranty for international customers because clouds were failing on voltage converters. That is a strong clue to me the electronics are sensitive to voltage fluctuations.

As an FYI I live in Oregon and we have lots of humidity here and less static electricity and my cloud works great. Static electricity is possible as an explanation but my money is on voltage fluctuations as the culprit.

I don't hook my cloud up to my UPS. I don't hook it up to a surge protector either. I do pull it out of the wall if I happen to be home during a thunderstorm, but if not so be it. I have a ticker and its still ticking along nicely.

darkrom,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Just to be clear, this lack of warranty is only for intl customers who buy a US version before the intl model is available...

Once the intl model is out, it should have the same warranty as all other clouds.

Frederick McGuire,

JCat

Accessory Maker

So should I start using a UPS just in case? As it keeps a steady voltage? (At least the ones I have do). Once I get a working Cloud back of course ... I was already considering doing this ... Our voltage does fluctuate quite a bit according to the input voltage monitors on my UPS' ...

JCat,
Reactions: darkrom

darkrom

Great Scott!
So should I start using a UPS just in case? As it keeps a steady voltage? (At least the ones I have do). Once I get a working Cloud back of course ... I was already considering doing this ... Our voltage does fluctuate quite a bit according to the input voltage monitors on my UPS' ...

This is what I was hinting at with my earlier comment. I think something is going on at the location these repeat failures are being used at. If you can regulate the voltage for SURE, that might not be a bad place to start.

Top Bottom