Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

darkrom

Great Scott!
As a new member of the 2% crowd, I sent my unit back today... And my Pax, which stopped charging... We'll see who wins the race back to my loving home!

LOL the pax will get there first for sure. I'd bet money on it.

The cloud is worth the wait.

It hurts to read this thread tonight. I was all happy about how solid the unit is & positive posts, and then... :uhoh:

Would you prefer if every single one of the thousands of HAPPY cloud owners who have perfect working clouds posted so every single day in here?

See how this thread is 455 pages? Imagine if we did that? 4000 pages maybe?

Would you feel happier if every morning I come in and give you a current status update?

2/21/2013 my cloud works perfectly as expected

2/20/2013 my cloud worked perfectly as expected

2/19/2013 my cloud worked perfectly as expected.

Makes for real dull conversation and a waste of space. Similar to discussion about the 2% failure rate since it adds NOTHING to the thread. If a cloud fails maybe post once or twice about it, wait for the replacement and move on. Unless it is something new like a cloud bursting into flames, its really really repetitive.

Mod note: When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts. Posts merged.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Makes for real dull conversation and a waste of space. Similar to discussion about the 2% failure rate since it adds NOTHING to the thread. If a cloud fails maybe post once or twice about it, wait for the replacement and move on. Unless it is something new like a cloud bursting into flames, its really really repetitive.

My clouds on fire, no wait I dont have a cloud, so this is just A cloud on fire. :D
Gotta keep it fresh.

mbj341.jpg

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
floating up there right now. very happy new cloud owner. works great w/ all my glass pieces.
haven't found a favorite yet. i think i prefer the mobius to the DG. retains more flavor. until the last toke, then i miss the DG ;) just started using it w/ my SYN inverted showerhead and man, this is really nice. feels like all the percs are activating, more than on my mobius even, but seems to not kill the flava as much as the DG. the mobius it seems needs a faster draw to properly fire. (have i blasphemed?)

Troi

I just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words, and wanted to let everyone know that VaporRing and myself have returned from our cross country trip. So the full staff is now back in the Lab. Also, I just wanted to remind everyone if you wish to upgrade a original unit to the 2+ year warranty, and add in the new internals it must be done before your current warranty expires. With the exception of any warranties that expire in the month of Feb 13.

Enjoy!

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Do you know what your power is like? Even just from word-of-mouth talking to neighbours etc? I know for a fact our voltage fluctuates quite a bit.

No I don't talk to my neighbors much, especially about power. All my other electronics function perfectly fine. When plugged in a kill-a-watt monitor for a bit, didn't seem to fluctuate at all.

newVaper420,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Since I had multiple broken units, I asked them if I should buy that and they told me they could not recommend a third party product. So I'm still on the surge protector.

Why would that stop you from using a UPS? Did they recommend against it? (I really doubt that.)

Every expensive piece of electronics in my house is behind a UPS. I have four of them scattered around. If I had a Cloud, it would be too.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Why would that stop you from using a UPS? Did they recommend against it? (I really doubt that.)

Every expensive piece of electronics in my house is behind a UPS. I have four of them scattered around. If I had a Cloud, it would be too.

It wasn't a UPS. It was a voltage regulator. But I know that the Cloud has electronics that require certain power specs, and there were certain conditions that caused the Cloud to fail (as in the power inverter for the car). Or what not.

I just didn't want to plug the Cloud into anything without getting approval or confirmation from VapeXhale that that was an acceptable item to purchase, and wouldn't mess with my warranty or such. They did not recommend against it as you stated. They just stated they did not want me to purchase a third party product without being certain it was necessary, and my new Cloud works, so I didn't pursue it further.

newVaper420,

John Lewus

I just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words, and wanted to let everyone know that VaporRing and myself have returned from our cross country trip. So the full staff is now back in the Lab. Also, I just wanted to remind everyone if you wish to upgrade a original unit to the 2+ year warranty, and add in the new internals it must be done before your current warranty expires. With the exception of any warranties that expire in the month of Feb 13.

Enjoy!

If we buy the extended warranty and opt against sending in for an upgrade (Mine works pretty good) and my cloud breaks two years from now would you upgrade the internals then? I think the answer is yes but want to confirm.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Sorry, I should have read more closely. I thought that was a UPS.
Most UPS' have voltage regulator's built-in (but not all from my understanding ... or at least not all of them are good).

I know my power isn't great for instance because I have multiple UPS' (for my server/network infrastructure, for my workstation in my office, ...) ... and sometimes they'll kick on for a couple seconds due to a power drop (I've seen it visually on the panel of the UPS as well as I've monitored/logged it and I do indeed get drops/surges)

Similar to newVaper420 though ... I wasn't sure about having the Cloud behind a UPS (since it's a battery when no power is available ... and if this doesn't void the warranty then could someone in Europe run their Cloud on a North American manufactured battery and still retain a warranty? ... just the random thoughts that run through my head which led me to, regrettably, not put my Cloud behind a UPS even though I considered it ...)

Unless VXL explicitly tells me not to put my Cloud behind a voltage regulator, I will be in the future. (better safe than sorry I figure ... twice bitten so it's no longer a coincidence for me I don't think so unless I have a confirmed explanation, I'm going to take my "best guess" based on discussions at what the problem might be and put measures in place to avoid it ... and if I never have a problem again then it weighs in favor of that having been the issue ... or that the issue was fixed with the new board included in the CloudPlus upgrades ...)

JCat,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . Unless VXL explicitly tells me not to put my Cloud behind a voltage regulator, I will be in the future. (better safe than sorry I figure ... twice bitten so it's no longer a coincidence for me I don't think so unless I have a confirmed explanation, I'm going to take my "best guess" based on discussions at what the problem might be and put measures in place to avoid it ... and if I never have a problem again then it weighs in favor of that having been the issue ... or that the issue was fixed with the new board included in the CloudPlus upgrades ...)

Are you going to ask VXL about this? Might be good to get an official response for the record, and for the community.

New board in the Plus; any more info on that? I was only aware of the new firmware device.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Vessel

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
So, for those of you who have a Cloud and are approaching the 1 year mark- are you going to get the new warranty/upgrade? I am very undecided at this moment, but I don't want to pass on it and have my Cloud break down after the year mark. I think if it were a little less money, there would be no question for me.

Anyway, what are you all going to do?

Tstat,
Reactions: darkrom

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
So, for those of you who have a Cloud and are approaching the 1 year mark- are you going to get the new warranty/upgrade? I am very undecided at this moment, but I don't want to pass on it and have my Cloud break down after the year mark. I think if it were a little less money, there would be no question for me. Anyway, what are you all going to do?
I'm going to keep my hot, ol' clicker. On cold, wet days like today, I love to grab the outer shell and just suck the heat out of it with my hands. I know my Cloud runs a little hot, but I like it that way. So unless mine stops functioning completely, I'm keeping it.

JCat

Accessory Maker
So, for those of you who have a Cloud and are approaching the 1 year mark- are you going to get the new warranty/upgrade? I am very undecided at this moment, but I don't want to pass on it and have my Cloud break down after the year mark. I think if it were a little less money, there would be no question for me.

I would do it ... $150 is reasonable ... I'd even love if they just put me on a $10/month (ie. $120/year) payment plan auto-deducted from my PayPal or Visa as a maintenance agreement so I could keep it always warrantied and upgraded on a schedule as required ... could be like a cell phone ... if no problems ... you have the current unit for at least 3 years at $120/year and at the end of 3 years if you still have the same unit you have the option of upgrading as long as you keep up your maintenance agreement.

That way no unexpected major expenses ... a vaporizer to me is like a car ... it's a necessity ... I spend around $8,000/year on medication (hopefully the government will allow my medical expenses which will get me back about $1,200 of that $8,000). So if I could guarantee a working Cloud with no more than 3yr old technology at all times for $120/year (maybe $10/month or $100/year?) than I'd be more than happy to pay this. ... alternately ... assuming my Cloud will last me at least 4 years where I give VXL nothing ... then I can replace it every 4 years with a brand new unit based on similar #'s ... so ... if VXL expects there units to last >3 years while still retaining some value, the offering a maintenance plan would be beneficial to them as well as they would get back used Clouds they could sell refurbished to generate additional revenue and their core customers would stay happy always having the most up-to-date units ...

Just some thoughts ...

JCat,

Troi

If we buy the extended warranty and opt against sending in for an upgrade (Mine works pretty good) and my cloud breaks two years from now would you upgrade the internals then? I think the answer is yes but want to confirm.

Yes, with the condition that you purchase your Cloud plus upgrade before the current warranty expires. You can then send it in at any time.

Also-- for those wondering how to buy the Cloud Plus, open up a support ticket on our website.

Please understand that our team is behind but we are working all day today to get caught up, and that we will handle all requests as fast as possible. I will post on here when our system is back to normal to the point where people should expect a guaranteed 24 hour response time.

Happy Clouding!

PS: For everyone's viewing pleasure, there's a really cool video posted on you tube with Gia (The VapeX girl demonstrating the cloud to produces that collaborate /w Snoop Dog. Expect to see more of Gia the coming months!

Buyola

I modified the cord on my original ticker, so my warranty is probably void. I run mine at 12 noon most of the time. It has been a work horse with no problems, knock on wood. I plan to buy a new cloud plus and go with the extended . Thanks for a great product.
Happy clouds all! I'm off to Atlanta with out my Cloud
Bummer....
Back on Saturday

Buyola,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

My Cloud's warranty expires in 1 month. My unit works perfectly, so it's a tough call. I'll probably go for the upgrade. Seems like a reasonable deal - especially since I've been paying 2x the cost repeatedly servicing my GAS lately. :p

EDIT: After seeing Troi's post just above, I'm more inclined to buy the extended warranty and then send it in for the upgrade only if it dies, or before the end of the 2nd year.

Troi, will there be a quoted turn-around time on the upgrade, or will that just be dependent on current backlog, or? Will there be a way to expedite turn-around, perhaps for a small uplift?

2clicker

Observer
just wanted to post a link to the VXH tees on their site. i hear they come from a really great printer who is also an FC member... :tup: i love this community! :nod:

http://vapexhale.com/index.php/store/browse/vapexhale-gear

so all you Cloud maniacs need to pop on by the link above and cop a tee and show your love for the VXH crew where ever you go! SM and co. are world class.

herb nerds unite!

Expect to see more of Gia the coming months!

:popcorn:

2clicker,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
<snip>

I just didn't want to plug the Cloud into anything without getting approval or confirmation from VapeXhale that that was an acceptable item to purchase, and wouldn't mess with my warranty or such. They did not recommend against it as you stated. They just stated they did not want me to purchase a third party product without being certain it was necessary, and my new Cloud works, so I didn't pursue it further.
I've done customer service work for 10 years now. (not for this company, obviously)
They cannot recommend a particular brand/device that they cannot warranty. It's a basic liability issue. Usually a company that recommends additional electronic devices will only specify "UL Listed" or "Duty Rated" - to name names, as it were, is problematic.

I wonder how your track record with other electronics is? I used to take out computers on a fairly regular basis. Also lightbulbs, and streetlamps.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I've done customer service work for 10 years now. (not for this company, obviously)
They cannot recommend a particular brand/device that they cannot warranty. It's a basic liability issue. Usually a company that recommends additional electronic devices will only specify "UL Listed" or "Duty Rated" - to name names, as it were, is problematic.

I wonder how your track record with other electronics is? I used to take out computers on a fairly regular basis. Also lightbulbs, and streetlamps.

I had a problem with my 360, but that's it (I think everyone else in the world had the same red rings). I have not had any problems with any computers, electronics, ps3, old projection TV, raspberry pi, anything of the sort. Never had power surge that destroyed anything, and my other vapes work fine plugged into the same power strip.

I understand that they couldn't recommend a device, but if they say that the voltage drop or rise is causing the issues with my unit, then maybe they can recommend what I can do to fix that. Or that plugging into a voltage regulator would not cause any issues with the Cloud. If I buy a device and it doesn't work in my home for whatever reason, that company should be able to help you get it working, or return your money.

However, I just want to re-iterate, my current Cloud is working fine.

newVaper420,
Reactions: Sinclue

ictus

I saw a few pages back somebody wondering about cloud failured and voltage. My cloud failed after ~1month and my voltage at home runs high at around 140v. My electrician said its pretty normal, I have a huge range of tools that don't mind.

I am betting that the extra input voltage is causing the cloud to get hotter than designed. Especially for somebody like me who uses MAX alot on the knob.

Anybody else with a cloud failure able to test voltage? It's really easy with a multimeter :) they are cheap!

(edit: 1 month, not 2, thats a quick death)

Top Bottom