Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

ogcook

I wonder if finding a way to filter out those bigger harsher droplets with the cloud would give the same smoothness as the sub but with the taste of the cloud. I have been following the "vaping with cotton" thread (T-dub there as well) and there has been a lot of discussion about using degummed hemp fiber to filter the hits first. I am wondering if this would smooth out the hit in the same way as the sub? The hemb fiber might catch those bigger harsher droplets and allow the smooth vapor to flow through. The bigger droplets would condense on the hemp fiber which could be vaped later and it would keep your glass cleaner.
I recently just got some degummed hemp fiber. I've only been using it with my UD so far since I don't have an Evo to test with. I'm generally going through water as well so there doesn't seem to be a large effect, but when used with a j-hook and no diffusion I can see there is a bit of a difference. That reclaimed up hemp will give you just about the thickest vapor you've ever seen!

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Now for the same amount of herb it seems that someone using a cloud would get to a higher state vs the sub but from reading the sub thread it seems people are getting just as high and getting the reclaim.
With only visitation rights to the sub, I have to be thoughtful about my comments. Quite frankly with what I have seen and felt, there is a really nice effect with the sub, no doubt. It has a unique "vape signature" like @stickstones has posited in other threads . . .

One thing I forgot to mention about the Sublimator is that it can emit a constant vapor/smell after use, especially after dabbing, the thing just kinda smokes a lot and I can see this being a smell issue. Although the Cloud can stink up my entire 2,000 sqft house, it only does so if I choose to exhale into the room.

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I think Sub talk should probably take place in a better thread. I will say that I do have one and it works very well as advertised. But the Cloud is still my go-to device. It is simpler to use, provides better taste and just kicks ass in general.

The Sub is fantastic for showing oil enthusiasts how dense a flower hit can be. It really is amazing at fast extraction. I'm glad I have one and have no intentions of selling it. However it does require adult supervision and a proper set up at the ready. And sometimes I forget that I'm an adult. :ko:

:peace:

John Lewus

I recently just got some degummed hemp fiber. I've only been using it with my UD so far since I don't have an Evo to test with. I'm generally going through water as well so there doesn't seem to be a large effect, but when used with a j-hook and no diffusion I can see there is a bit of a difference. That reclaimed up hemp will give you just about the thickest vapor you've ever seen!

Where did you buy this at? I can't find any good places in the US that don't have outrageous shipping. As much as everyone is complaining about how much it costs to ship ELB's to Canada I have the same complaint about degummed hemp fiber to the US presumably because you can't grow it here in the USA due to our geniuses in Congress many years ago.

With only visitation rights to the sub, I have to be thoughtful about my comments. Quite frankly with what I have seen and felt, there is a really nice effect with the sub, no doubt. It has a unique "vape signature" like @stickstones has posited in other threads . . .

One thing I forgot to mention about the Sublimator is that it can emit a constant vapor/smell after use, especially after dabbing, the thing just kinda smokes a lot and I can see this being a smell issue. Although the Cloud can stink up my entire 2,000 sqft house, it only does so if I choose to exhale into the room.

This is why people appreciate your posts because they are honest with great effort taken not to offend. There is no doubt in my mind the Sub is a great device but it is really targeted to a certain type of user. As a dad and someone who has to be discreet it just does not fit my lifestyle like the cloud does. I probably could convince people it is some kind of weird soldering station if judgmental friends saw it. As far as my more snoopy friends are concerned, my cloud is just an inexpensive potpourri heater that makes a clicking noise :rockon:

ogcook

Where did you buy this at? I can't find any good places in the US that don't have outrageous shipping. As much as everyone is complaining about how much it costs to ship ELB's to Canada I have the same complaint about degummed hemp fiber to the US presumably because you can't grow it here in the USA due to our geniuses in Congress many years ago.
http://www.hemptraders.com/p/8478069/f-dg1.html

But a KG according to Alan is about the size of a pillow! You'll be set for life.

John Lewus

I just got some of this from Alan today with my new HI. I think I'll stuff some up my HT for a bit and see what happens. :science:

I can't wait to try this out myself. As people on this forum know my goal is to have the most efficient process for time, cost, and effort to get medicated. When I use my hydracirc there is always this speckled dust that builds up on the inner tube where the airflow changes direction and goes back down. Rezblock does not even touch that part. Because of the bubbles that form when I soak the tube in simply green or PBW it sometimes leaves an air pocket right at that point where I really need to soak it. Nothing is more annoying than soaking your glass all day and having it come out spotless only to see remnants of that dust stuck to the glass. I then waste a good 2 or 3 minutes shaking and re-positioning to try to soak that part.

If I can stuff up some degummed hemp fiber into my hydracirc and trap those particles then my hope is I can keep my glass cleaner at that spot, produce smoother hits, and vape the reclaim. Could this possibly be a triple win for me? I will report out hopefully next week sometime.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
there is always this speckled dust that builds up on the inner tube where the airflow changes direction and goes back down.

The "spot" always builds up at that point. I have some extended q-tips that I use with just a bit of ISO poured into the bottom joint. It cleans up in seconds.

John Lewus

The "spot" always builds up at that point. I have some extended q-tips that I use with just a bit of ISO poured into the bottom joint. It cleans up in seconds.

Good advice on the long Qtips. I forgot I do have those. Still, it is several extra steps (Find jar iso, find long qtips, open jar, dip qtip, clean spot, throw away qtip, close jar and put away) . Then I have to rinse or wait a bit for the iso to evaporate off just so I can clean it. It does not seem like much but it adds an extra 2 minute or so to my cleaning process. I need to just practice dipping the hydratube so the parts that need to be soaked are soaked and the parts that get air bubbles are on the cleaner piece of glass so it does not matter.

One thing that helped was I would use my cloud buddy with my hydratube and that spec of dust built up on the cloud buddy which is easier to clean and reclaim. Unfortunately it makes my hydracirc off center and it is amazing I have not tipped it over yet.

John Lewus,

arf777

No longer dogless
Been using hemp fiber with my OG Cloud for a couple of weeks. Makes a huge difference along with water filtrtration, especially if, like me, you have tracheal asthma that makes you cough.

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist

John Lewus

As I am travelling and stuck in another city without my Cloud, I get bored at night without my family and start commenting on articles that irritate me. My own local newspaper had a "guest" commentary about the potential negative effects of legalization quoting old articles and biased opinions that I just could not help commenting on. I gave a nice subtle shout out to the cloud in my rebuttal post :dog: If anyone else is bored like me feel free to comment yourself at the link below. I did have to agree with one of the commentators that "smoked" marijuana is not the best way to consume although I would hardly call it dangerous like they did.

http://www.oregonlive.com/hillsboro/index.ssf/2013/09/legalize_marijuana_for_recreat.html

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
That was a great and heartfelt comment, yo! I do stuff like that too! Hope they don't have a file on me downtown! I am a husband, father, businessman, and a good neighbor! Sure, I'll have a Budweiser with the guy down the street, but I'd much rather pull a few bingers with the guy next door! :science:

There are just so many twisted minds that are allowed to interpret laws and attitudes in this age of digital info that it is staggering. Hopefully one day we can all just agree and start paying attention to the really injurious, and negative things humanity is truly up against.

Our government (management company) has to stop hassling peeps for stuff they do that doesn't affect anyone but themselves. Alcohol is yucky to your body, yet we can consume gallons of it in front of our kids, like cigs, and those drugs are LEGAL!! What is the true Prime Directive?? :horse:

Sorry to get all Star Trekky on youse! :tinfoil:
Happy Friday, too! :wave:

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Wow, only away from the Forums for a few weeks (under the knife, twice) and a helluva lot of activity on the thread. Great posts (John Lewus, :tup:) and I guess a bit of the unavoidable :horse:.

Not to resurrect a lot of what's already been posted and certainly not to re-open debates, but just to throw in my :2c: on a couple things . . .

As one of the Ridiculous 17 Fanatics, just for the record the main reasons I went for that perc was the Lifetime Warranty, participation with the Beta Team, and because I felt VXL earned what support I could offer given all the satisfaction my OG continues to provide and how great the EVO portends to be. When I joined FC I was not a medical user; I am now. And my Cloud has made a huge difference, given the sensitivities of my condition. I know there are other good maybe even great vapes out there, but way I figure it, all that I got for my $1K is a much better deal than another what appears to be a very fine machine debuting for $750. For me the final design decision on the Swagger, and whatever they do with the opals, will be just fine. Also, like some others, VXL kindly applied my unexercised Plus upgrade against the $250 perc, so the upgrade only cost $100. Now that's taking care of the customer: I end up with a custom green EVO, a standard black EVO, my still perfect OG (I think I'll frame it), and a custom Swagger. Forgive me for all the, er, gushing, but this is so great I'm in danger of wetting my knickers.

I've read a lot of posts by users frustrated about not being able to get their Cloud warranty serviced. IMO that's a very fair reaction. While it is true that VXL's contract manufacturer failed miserably in its obligations resulting in the quality and inventory issues, it is also true that the OEM (i.e.. VXL) has an obligation to ensure this kind of thing does not happen, proactively and reactively. The consequence can be fatal, as VXL came close to experiencing. Coming from an engineering & manufacturing background, I don't cut VXL the slack on this that many others do. All that being said, there remains a stark reality: There were simply not the financial and logistics resources available to provide timely warranty repair and also reset VXL on a sustainable forward business course. The decision VXL made ensures these warranties will be honored, with indications from VXL that the timing will soon follow general release of the EVO. Users will have been deprived of usage time but not of their investment; in fact, they will end up with a better quality unit. Still, not a happy solution, but in honesty much better than how these situations usually end up, i.e., with the consumer holding an empty bag with no practical recourse.

I posted the above because it's been suggested there is a VXL "cult". I take umbrage at that remark. Cults are mindless and rigid and oblivious. The unusually strong support VXL has received here is because SM and crew have delivered and are delivering. Yes, VXL has stubbed its toes more than once, has made a few grave errors, and has caused a number of us a lot of heartburn. We have no illusions about this. But they've also put it all on the line, personally, professionally, and financially. And they are on track. The support they receive IMO is what they've earned - the hard way - nothing more, nothing less.

It's good to be back with my FC friends.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
TGIF - Time for our weekly update! The White EVO enclosure is being torture tested. Looks like some mild discoloration, we will be further testing it to see if it gets any darker. Good news is that the the Black enclosure has no issue. We will be working with a few different colors to ensure that there isn't discoloration for prolonged use. More updates next week as we will get some new grommets and screens to test out. Getting close!

1274813_10151823066068926_1840197859_o.jpg

Top Bottom