Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

JCat

Accessory Maker
Wow, only away from the Forums for a few weeks (under the knife, twice) and a helluva lot of activity on the thread. Great posts (John Lewus, :tup:) and I guess a bit of the unavoidable :horse:.

Not to resurrect a lot of what's already been posted and certainly not to re-open debates, but just to throw in my :2c: on a couple things . . .

As one of the Ridiculous 17 Fanatics, just for the record the main reasons I went for that perc was the Lifetime Warranty, participation with the Beta Team, and because I felt VXL earned what support I could offer given all the satisfaction my OG continues to provide and how great the EVO portends to be. When I joined FC I was not a medical user; I am now. And my Cloud has made a huge difference, given the sensitivities of my condition. I know there are other good maybe even great vapes out there, but way I figure it, all that I got for my $1K is a much better deal than another what appears to be a very fine machine debuting for $750. For me the final design decision on the Swagger, and whatever they do with the opals, will be just fine. Also, like some others, VXL kindly applied my unexercised Plus upgrade against the $250 perc, so the upgrade only cost $100. Now that's taking care of the customer: I end up with a custom green EVO, a standard black EVO, my still perfect OG (I think I'll frame it), and a custom Swagger. Forgive me for all the, er, gushing, but this is so great I'm in danger of wetting my knickers.

I've read a lot of posts by users frustrated about not being able to get their Cloud warranty serviced. IMO that's a very fair reaction. While it is true that VXL's contract manufacturer failed miserably in its obligations resulting in the quality and inventory issues, it is also true that the OEM (i.e.. VXL) has an obligation to ensure this kind of thing does not happen, proactively and reactively. The consequence can be fatal, as VXL came close to experiencing. Coming from an engineering & manufacturing background, I don't cut VXL the slack on this that many others do. All that being said, there remains a stark reality: There were simply not the financial and logistics resources available to provide timely warranty repair and also reset VXL on a sustainable forward business course. The decision VXL made ensures these warranties will be honored, with indications from VXL that the timing will soon follow general release of the EVO. Users will have been deprived of usage time but not of their investment; in fact, they will end up with a better quality unit. Still, not a happy solution, but in honesty much better than how these situations usually end up, i.e., with the consumer holding an empty bag with no practical recourse.

I posted the above because it's been suggested there is a VXL "cult". I take umbrage at that remark. Cults are mindless and rigid and oblivious. The unusually strong support VXL has received here is because SM and crew have delivered and are delivering. Yes, VXL has stubbed its toes more than once, has made a few grave errors, and has caused a number of us a lot of heartburn. We have no illusions about this. But they've also put it all on the line, personally, professionally, and financially. And they are on track. The support they receive IMO is what they've earned - the hard way - nothing more, nothing less.

It's good to be back with my FC friends.
Really well summed up ... I feel pretty much the same ... being also one of the "Ridiculous 17" maybe we made decisions for like reasons :) ... I kinda' like that term ... we should coin it for the VXL Fanatic Beta Test Crew ... the "Ridiculous 17" :lol:

grokit

well-worn member
TGIF - Time for our weekly update! The White EVO enclosure is being torture tested. Looks like some mild discoloration, we will be further testing it to see if it gets any darker. Good news is that the the Black enclosure has no issue. We will be working with a few different colors to ensure that there isn't discoloration for prolonged use. More updates next week as we will get some new grommets and screens to test out. Getting close!

1274813_10151823066068926_1840197859_o.jpg

Thanks for the update sm!
If you wouldn't mind elaborating, your post did inspire a couple of questions:

The vents are not part of the final design, you're just testing the polymers with the old design right?

And does this development mean that the white may be delayed in comparison with the black model?

Thanks again!

grokit,

Hexi

Just cancel the white if the discoloration can't be avoided. Green is fine by me. I may have to book some vaca time in Nov so I can lay on the floor, drooling and watching time pass.

JoeKickass

The vents need to be part of the final design, judging by that heat discoloration... Hopefully that was several days at full power?

If that discoloration was caused by normal use, maybe polycarbonate should only be used on the sides, and something more heat resistant touching the glass?

JCat

Accessory Maker
The vents need to be part of the final design, judging by that heat discoloration... Hopefully that was several days at full power?

If that discoloration was caused by normal use, maybe polycarbonate should only be used on the sides, and something more heat resistant touching the glass?
Hmmm ... that's a good point ... the polycarbonate is "almost" 100% out of the air path though (pretty far fetched to say the heated polycarbonate gets sucked down through the bottom glass opening so the fumes are introduced to the user during use ... since its a sealed path from the interior of the glass through the ELB to the user ... that would be the only way to get any polycarbonate off-gassing.

JCat,

grokit

well-worn member
Perhaps an anodized aluminum top with heat-sinks for dissipation would be the most appropriate.

I wouldn't mind green at all but the $1,000 contributors may have issue with that.

grokit,
Reactions: ogcook

John Lewus

I am glad I got the black. It took Apple over a year IIRC to finally get a white iPhone with the right hue. It is hard to do white correctly and I had not even considered how the heating/cooling might affect the color.

Troi

Hmmm ... that's a good point ... the polycarbonate is "almost" 100% out of the air path though (pretty far fetched to say the heated polycarbonate gets sucked down through the bottom glass opening so the fumes are introduced to the user during use ... since its a sealed path from the interior of the glass through the ELB to the user ... that would be the only way to get any polycarbonate off-gassing.

We have already switched to higher grade material then polycarbonate We will announce the new material name once we get closer to launch. But the new material has almost double the heat resistance then polycarbonate . Also the material would need to be hotter then 600 F to begin of-gassing in any form. :)

Nevertheless1090

We have already switched to higher grade material then polycarbonate We will announce the new material name once we get closer to launch. But the new material has almost double the heat resistance then polycarbonate . Also the material would need to be hotter then 600 F to begin of-gassing in any form. :)

Great news Troi!

Few questions for you. In your testings with the evo,will the new evo be a substantial difference in terms of vapor density and heat up time that it is properly up to temperature.

Not the like cloud plus either where it turns green but doesn't deliver like it does after 15 minutes. I guess my main question is, if you're not a vaporizer enthusiast, will you be able to notice the difference between the evo and the cloud or Is it a minor upgrade with a facelift in reliability and cosmetic changes?

Troi

Great news Troi!

Few questions for you. In your testings with the evo,will the new evo be a substantial difference in terms of vapor density and heat up time that it is properly up to temperature.

Not the like cloud plus either where it turns green but doesn't deliver like it does after 15 minutes. I guess my main question is, if you're not a vaporizer enthusiast, will you be able to notice the difference between the evo and the cloud or Is it a minor upgrade with a facelift in reliability and cosmetic changes?

We are still fine tuning but lets put it this way I can say with great confidence that after 3 minutes just about any temperature range is reached with the new PHS. The tuning of the heat-up time is the last step in fine-tuning the algorithm.

grokit

well-worn member
Is the evo that discolored made of the new higher grade not-polycarbonate material?

Please feel free to ignore this question as well :tup:

Last edited:
grokit,

GSH

On a Möbius plane
Wait!!! Can I still do this? And how?
Find original order email, click manage order, then when linked through to Celery page, click request cancellation. Goto PayPal profile page and then My Money and manage pre approved payments. Cancel payment in Paypal. Make new order for Cloud EVO with awesome glass :D

GSH,
It might be 18. I did not use the campaign.
Ridiculous 17, 18,...I think the number is probably even greater than that!
Pretty sure that the "17" listed on the campaign page does NOT include all those who made multiple Early Bird, FanBoy, or Trade-in/Fashionista/etc. donations to total that of a Fanatic, as well as those like MWB who somehow found another way to become similarly ridiculous.

It'd be interesting to get an official tally from someone at VXL: How many Fanatics are there really?

Last edited:
I would prefer that they were working on getting this out the door rather than doing anything else.
you heard him, guys....stop eating, sleeping, going to the bathroom, or informing curious campaign contributors of an official tally that must already be well known internally for production purposes, and therefore easily communicable. Stop wasting precious seconds!:whip: I need my EVO now!!!! [heavy sarc]

Let me guess, you're not a fanatic? Actually, sounds like you've got a broken Cloud, too, probably. Anyone who can't wait an extra minute for his EVO to arrive, must be hurting. That's all I know.:myday:
At this point, though, as VXH has insinuated, the only thing holding up (or pushing back) the launch date is the finalization of a few more components, and perhaps now the discoloration issue on the white enclosure. Don't think that any post, or silly request, by anyone at FC is gonna affect their schedule this far into the game.:tinfoil: At least, I sure hope not.

Baby-step to October (c'mon component finalization!).

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
But they prepaid, that means they have a say in what goes on in VXH, right. I mean, they have the right to tell VXH how to do business now. Back to work, bitches!! EVO's could of been made while you are posting this courtesy update drivel here. WTF?!

/s

If you went into this not willing to accept a chance of things getting pushed slighlty off schedule, and quietly accept it, you were fooling yourselves. "Those who do not remeber the past are condemmed to repeat it." These guys at VXH are going to get it right this time, and are much the wiser from prior experiences. But looking at the past, even with the most pure intentions, things can and do go wrong. It's Sept, 20, still before deadline. Give these guys some respect and stop the "why aren't you working instead of posting". Please remember there are many folks who will buy your kickstart pre-orders so you don't have to go through this agony.

Air smells better from up on this soapbox-----kidding

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
great watching the Evo evolve in this thread :D
thanks for the pics SM

I never owned a cloud before but following this forum I would have gone for fanatic instead of early bird would I have been able to at that time, alas I'm happy I made early bird :)
So glad that I'm part of this ;)

Top Bottom