Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Is that a first look at the back/plug? Very cool.

Screenshot2013-09-21at114053AM.png

Plug-in looks kind of big but I don't think it will bother me much.

I'm getting a wee bit excited over here. :D

Last edited:

ogcook

Is that a first look at the back/plug? Very cool.

Screenshot2013-09-21at114053AM.png

Plug-in looks kind of big but I don't think it will bother me much.

I'm getting a wee bit excited over here. :D
I think it was in an interview with SM he mentioned it's going to be a standard cord like on a PSU or for your computer and monitor.

Anonymouse

Sith I care
I think it's some type of glass/polymer combination :2c:
That enclosure looks to me like fiberglass reinforced nylon.

Chopped-fibre-matrix carbon fibre? It certainly looks like some sort of fibre-filled plastic, and graphite would be light, and good for insulation. Although, it'd also show up through the white finish. Hrm. Prolly glass after all.

Also, I had kinda assumed the main body would be one piece of plastic, and the internals were attached to a floor panel which would slot in as a complete unit from the bottom and poke the gong out the top. Would look a lot cleaner that way; all the external screw holes would be underneath the unit, and no long seam. The renders didn't show the seam, so I wasn't expecting it.

And, was a full-size IEC plug for the power cable connection totally necessary? I guess they had to have three-pin/grounded for some markets? There's more-compact three-pin socket options out there though. On the bright side cable availabilty will be a total no-brainer.

Anonymouse,
Reactions: Kief

grokit

well-worn member
That looks like a 3d-printed prototype shell to me, as it doesn't have a glossy finish and it does have the vents on top. Didn't vxc say that the top vents are history?

grokit,
Reactions: mvapes

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Didn't vxc say that the top vents are history?

The last I recall SM55 said that they were going to keep the vents but use a fine mesh with them to ensure particulates don't fall into the unit. :2c:

The air vents will have a fine mesh material covering it so you shouldn't worry about any material falling through the vents :rockon:

That was August though, but I don't remember hearing anything since. :shrug:

Last edited:

John Lewus

In anticipation of these coming here are a couple links to sites that sell power cables in every length 1ft, 2ft, 3ft, etc.. for pretty cheap prices. I am sure there are more but these were the first two I found :) I believe these are the same plug as what is shown above. We might as well get our man caves, work benches, offices, garages, patios, decks, basements, and knitting rooms ready. :rockon:

These links are for the US market for both the location and cable type.

Monoprice cables
http://bit.ly/18MlZem

PCH Cables
http://bit.ly/18ie1xw

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
That sure doesn't look like the polycarbonate we saw during the campaign, does it? This looks like a fiber composite of some sort, perhaps molded and brushed? Whatever is chosen, I would think that a commercial uniform finish would be important.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
That sure doesn't look like the polycarbonate we saw during the campaign, does it? This looks like a fiber composite of some sort, perhaps molded and brushed? Whatever is chosen, I would think that a commercial uniform finish would be important.
disagree completely.
whatever is chosen must be completely functional. could look like dogshit as long as it WORKS! my two cents

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
disagree completely.
whatever is chosen must be completely functional. could look like dogshit as long as it WORKS! my two cents

:shit: Dogshit? I'll take that as a rather, er, imaginative metaphor to make a point.

IMO functionality and being aesthetically pleasing are not mutually exclusive, and with most high-end products, is expected and taken as a sign of quality. The more broad the appeal of the EVO, the better for all of us.

:2c: , too.

Last edited:

John Lewus

I just had one of those Eureka moments right now when trying to clean my Hydratube. Every night I soak it in Simply Green but sometimes the dirtiest parts don't get clean because of air bubbles. I finally got a glass vase so I could see where the air bubbles were getting trapped. I had the hardest time getting them out but if I put the Hydracirc in upside down and turn the container over with it in, wait a few seconds, then turn back over it gets rid of nearly every bubble and the tiny bit left is in a spot the rezblock liquid sits in so it is clean anyways. That was Eureka moment 1.

Eureka moment 2 came when I realized that my 2lb plastic protein tub is just a tad taller than my hydracirc and it has a screw on lid. If I fill that to the top with my SG solution, or PBW, and put in the hydracirc upside down and then flip the tub over, wait, then flip back it soaks all the worse parts.

Top Bottom