Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Troi

All Cloud Plus's are not defective.

Every single Cloud Plus that is in the hands of distributors was hand inspected/tested by VaporRing and myself. The entire VXL team is doing everything we can to get back up and running working day and night to reach our goal.

Nobody on the team intends to quit on our dream. Which is providing the vaporizer community a vaporizing experience we personally believe in.

I do not agree that me sharing my experience with vaporizer as slander. Just because i am pointing out actual issue about a good that I purchased from a company with my own cash means I am physically taking away your ability to medicate yourself with your own good that is properly functioning.

I guess i don't see why you would not want to inform others about the potential hazards in buying a product like this especially given the price.

Yes i do understand that there are actually people in this world that have serious pain and health issues even greater than myself. That's a perspective I keep in mind everyday and also is the reason why i really am caring less and less about mine being a defective unit.

Make no mistake this is by far the best vaporizer your money can buy and I really am pushing for VXL to get back on their feet.

Best of Luck to You VXL

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I do not agree that me sharing my experience with vaporizer as slander. Just because i am pointing out actual issue about a good that I purchased from a company with my own cash means I am physically taking away your ability to medicate yourself with your own good that is properly functioning.

I guess i don't see why you would not want to inform others about the potential hazards in buying a product like this especially given the price.

Yes i do understand that there are actually people in this world that have serious pain and health issues even greater than myself. That's a perspective I keep in mind everyday and also is the reason why i really am caring less and less about mine being a defective unit.

Make no mistake this is by far the best vaporizer your money can buy and I really am pushing for VXL to get back on their feet.

Best of Luck to You VXL

The problem is that your warning is based on inaccuracies. You claim all Cloud Plus units are defective and VXL should buy them back. This flies in the face of Troi asserting that each and every Cloud Plus out there is hand inspected, and my own experience that I just related. Providing a false warning helps nobody.

Our policy is that you get one kick at the can and then you keep quiet about it until the issue is either resolved or you've reached an impasse. You've posted your complaint and you've extended that to include a buy-back plan for VXL based on false reasoning. I think that's enough. If you have further things to say, do it in PMs.

white russian

bought a cloud+ international unit from vapefiend 2 weeks ago ,swagger circ package, the cloud unit is in immaculate condition, everything aligned no chips looks incredible, was so surprised at the size when i received it, looks way smaller than all the pics i drooled over for years on here, performance wise i have not tried anything better i consider it a gift from the gods, my search has ended with the cloud top drawer stuff, absolutely smashed off my trolley using this.....happy days thanks stonemonkey and crew you created the best vape on the planet, hope you guys come back even stronger and tare the competition a new asshole!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
My plain old Cloud is an ass kicker. I think I've had it for over a year, but honestly it has me too stoned since then to know...what day is this? I've got credit for an upgrade, but I don't think I will. I like it just the way it is.

Really...if you're lucky enough at this point to have or get a Cloud, consider yourself among the blessed. If it doesn't work they will fix it. If it does you will be hammered/medicated (whichever you're after!) until they are back online.

And I can't recommend the CloudBuddy enough with the Ion or similar bubbler. It makes it more calming to share as everyone knows how to use a carb. And I dig seeing the action that was blocked without it!

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
I'm sure there is still a vast majority of people who are completely pleased with their Cloud's. I, like Sticks love this vape and every day that I use it (which is every day), I thank SM and the rest for bringing their dream to us. I plan on supporting VapeXhale for as long as they are in business.

And you're right, Sticks. Cloud + Cloud Buddy + Ion Matrix = Total Heaven:tup:

tbill

Troi,

Is it possible for you to give us any kind of update timewise? I keep seeing 3 months tossed around every week instead of 10 weeks or 9 weeks, etc. BTW, my Cloud + purchase of 4/9/13 arrived in perfect condition and has worked perfectly, but I am walking on eggshells everyday hoping it doesn't break -because of the repair delays.

tbill,
Reactions: mvapes

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Troi,

Is it possible for you to give us any kind of update timewise? I keep seeing 3 months tossed around every week instead of 10 weeks or 9 weeks, etc. BTW, my Cloud + purchase of 4/9/13 arrived in perfect condition and has worked perfectly, but I am walking on eggshells everyday hoping it doesn't break -because of the repair delays.

3 months keeps getting tossed around, because "PEOPLE KEEP SAYING 3 MONTHS!" It's been said when it isn't true, so many times, that I can't recall, accurately, when it was initially said! If the people posting about it being 3 months would do some math, and stop saying it's three months, days, weeks later, etc....you would have some clue!

So, anyone wishing for a more accurate timeline than that of the "3 months :cry:" that everyone keeps bitching....go back to the first mention of three months, and see how long it's been since then, and then make an accurate assessment of how much time is left, instead of coming here, and asking other members to do simple math for you...

Edit* to stay more on topic... @ sticks/ Shrike I'm contemplating ordering a Cloud buddy, especially after my visit with the Cloud and some new folks the other day...I'd love to see one up for sale in the Classifieds section, but I don't see that happening soon. Might as well bight the bullet and grab one!

Purpl3_Haz3,

tbill

3 months keeps getting tossed around, because "PEOPLE KEEP SAYING 3 MONTHS!" It's been said when it isn't true, so many times, that I can't recall, accurately, when it was initially said! If the people posting about it being 3 months would do some math, and stop saying it's three months, days, weeks later, etc....you would have some clue!

So, anyone wishing for a more accurate timeline than that of the "3 months :cry:" that everyone keeps bitching....go back to the first mention of three months, and see how long it's been since then, and then make an accurate assessment of how much time is left, instead of coming here, and asking other members to do simple math for you..."

I don't need you to tell me how to do simple math. I am asking Troi, because I was getting the impression that people with broken Clouds were still being told RECENTLY it would take 3 months by Vapexhale

tbill,
Reactions: Kief

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Haze...I'm a miser and really wanted it but couldn't buy it. I lucked out and got it in a trade. Now that I have it, I would totally buy it for use with my Ion.

Speaking of which, I have some shit I cannot get out of my Ion so it is soaking. I just hit my Cloud dry for the first time in a while and got smacked!

b0

Cloudy...
Isn't a lot of time but I had my Cloud+ for 2 months and still going hard and without any problem :rockon:

b0,
Reactions: Seek

ScientifiK

Lifted Gamer
The Yugo analogy doesn't work because this isn't the cheapest vape on the market. Most times you get what you pay for, and no one bought the Yugo because it was the best car on the market. The Cloud is the "Bentley" (my words) of vaporizers. When you place yourself in the premium market, you are expected to deliver premium goods and service. While I admit that the VXC team seems friendly and victims of unethical business practices, to the consumer thats out almost $600 this matters very little. The consumer didn't choose their manufacturing partner, but the consumer did give them their money.

I was going to take the path of just demanding my money back, but after talking to the VXL and the vendor, and listening to different members on here, I certainly feel sympathetic to their situation. It's a small company and giving back everyone's money or recalling all units in the field is probably not logistically possible. Plus, its in my best interest for them to succeed or else I just threw out ~$600. However, it would be nice if there was more communication on whats going on. I'd consider buying another one but without knowing if I'm buying a unit that currently has a 30% chance of failing or an 80% chance, I think the saying goes "fool me once..."

I don't know if all of the Cloud+ units are defective, or how long they are going to last, but it would be nice to know if VXL could give us a failure rate, or even an explanation on whats failing. I haven't seen any international units fail yet, so maybe its a power supply issue. I sent them an email asking of any additional info and if I'm supposed to be doing anything with my broken unit (like send it in). It was sent a week ago and I haven't received a response yet. I understand it might take some time to get back to people, but since they are working around the clock, responding to concerned customers should be part of it. Are they fixing units? Building new ones? Perception is someone else's reality and minus the one response I received from VXL acknowledging my defective unit, the only thing I've seen from them is a promotional event, which seems odd considering the situation.

Hindsight is 20-20, and with my experience so far, I would've held on to my money. Once VXL gets this behind them, I'd be more than happy to buy the Cloud, as my short time with it was a great experience. But currently, I'm at the mercy of VXL to fix my unit and it's important for others to know the situation because the consumer is powerless. If stating my experience is slander than the apologists are nothing more than company shills. How many of these apologists have a defective unit collecting dust right now? Also, I hate to be negative, but the realist in me has to consider the possibility of the company failing. If that were to happen, which one of the apologists is going to refund my money?

Pakalolo, you inspected some units and they were functional? My unit was functional for a week before it went tango uniform. It appears mine isn't the only Cloud+ that died in this fashion, so I'm curious how your assessment has bearing on the reliability of the Cloud+ customers. IMO it's akin to someone kicking the tires on new car and telling you the car was going to work fine. When my unit failed, I found out about the production issues, and assumed they knowingly sold me a defective unit. After explaining that to my vendor and VXL, I was assured that they inspected every unit still available, and the scope of the problem was worse than initially assumed. So IMO the issue isn't being detected with the current inspections. If your goal is to put consumers at ease with your inspection of a few Clouds, what are your credentials in electronics and your familiarity with the Cloud+. Please explain to me how a visual inspection (hopefully the unit was opened up for this inspection) is going to identify a problem in a unit that is functional, but is going to fail (for unknown reasons) after a few hours use? If sirurdnotwrex is saying all Cloud+'s are going to fail, that basis is unfounded. But if his "false warning" (your words) is inaccurate based on his personal experience, how are you not engaging in the same conduct by giving "false hope" (my words) based on your inspection of a few units.

VXL should have their failure rate data as warranty work is an expense, and any company that wants to stay a company should be keeping track of that cost. IMO if the number of failed units is as small as some think it is, and the units still out there are functional, then why not recall/buyback some of the good units (to replace or cannibalize for parts) still in vendor stock to square up the current crop of customers that are stuck with defective units.

Sorry for the rant, as I've tried to keep mum about everything, but when I see accusations of slander, it's going to get a response.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Pako, you inspected some units and they were functional? My unit was functional for a week before it went tango uniform. It appears mine isn't the only Cloud+ that died in this fashion, so I'm curious how your assessment has bearing on the reliability of the Cloud+ customers. IMO it's akin to someone kicking the tires on new car and telling you the car was going to work fine.

Go back and read the part where the distributor told me that they'd sold 100 units with no failures or complaints. The interesting thing here is that he told me that before I explained why I was asking.

Edit: I missed this part:

But if his "false warning" (your words) is inaccurate based on his personal experience, how are you not engaging in the same conduct by giving "false hope" (my words) based on your inspection of a few units.

His false warning wasn't based on his experience, it was based on claiming that Troi said that all Cloud Plus units were defective, which is untrue. I did not base my statement on inspection of a few units, I based it on the information I got from a distributor.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
If stating my experience is slander

That was a well thought out and written post!

I quoted the problem, and that is that we limit people's to complaints to one. Stating experience is not slander. we want it stated. what we don't want is people coming in here and saying the same negative things over and over again.

For instance, your above post was your shot...well done. Now let's leave it at that with regard to your experience until some development occurs. As for SirUrdnotWrex, he's said it more than once and I'm done reading it.

ScientifiK

Lifted Gamer
That was a well thought out and written post!

I quoted the problem, and that is that we limit people's to complaints to one. Stating experience is not slander. we want it stated. what we don't want is people coming in here and saying the same negative things over and over again.

For instance, your above post was your shot...well done. Now let's leave it at that with regard to your experience until some development occurs. As for SirUrdnotWrex, he's said it more than once and I'm done reading it.

Understood. While some might be complaining, I consider my post a description of my situation with some opinion, and suggestions. My plan is to update as things change, and keep an eye on this thread in hopes of some positive developments from VXL, or users that find a DIY fix.

Go back and read the part where the distributor told me that they'd sold 100 units with no failures or complaints. The interesting thing here is that he told me that before I explained why I was asking.

Edit: I missed this part:

His false warning wasn't based on his experience, it was based on claiming that Troi said that all Cloud Plus units were defective, which is untrue. I did not base my statement on inspection of a few units, I based it on the information I got from a distributor.

I read that part, so I'm not sure what re-reading it is going to do. My vendor had a 3 day return policy and a "no use" clause. My unit failed after the 3 day return and I used it, so technically he sold me a good unit and now have to deal with VXL. I'm not accusing you or your distributor of lying, I'm just a skeptic when it comes to salespeople. If the secondhand information you've gathered from a salesperson is accurate, I'm glad because maybe I can get reliable backup Cloud. For all I know maybe it was just a specific run of production units that are failure prone. Feel free to PM the vendor you speak of, because I'd like to order one from them if I decide on another one.

If you did not base your statement on your inspection of a few units, this statement by you is confusing or misleading. "That would be because many (most?) Cloud+ units aren't defective. I inspected two of them myself and they looked flawless to me"

As far as SirUrdnotWrex, I took what he said to mean the only Clouds being sold now are Cloud+ units which unlike the "ticker" units, are having failure problems. However in your defense, if you read exactly what he wrote, he is stating all Cloud+ units are currently defective. Since he hasn't clarified his meaning, I'm leaning towards your assessment, which I addressed in my previous post as "unfounded".

ScientifiK,
Reactions: Kief

Tweek

I sense an impending darkness....:whoa:

If I had the cash, I would pick one of these up. I don't have a doubt that the crew are doing their best despite the bad hand dealt them. That being said, I can understand peoples frustrations...sometimes, everyone suffers together. The manufacturer, the customer...only way to get through it is through patience and understanding. It's hard, but it aint supposed to be easy.

brewer

Geez... Hadn't been on here for a while! WTF?

Anyone got the three sentence explanation of what's up with the VapeXhale and the current Clouds? (I spent ten minutes reading the last few pages and can't make heads or tails of anything?)

For what it's worth, I have two units. They both work great. One is a replacement CloudPlus and other is a non-ticking, but not CloudPlus model.

They didn't charge me a penny for warranty service and had great service as of a couple months ago. Has that changed?

I see they are out of stock on their website? Must I pray to Cloud Gods? I mean, if need be, I'll do it. This is serious.

brewer,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I read that part, so I'm not sure what re-reading it is going to do. My vendor had a 3 day return policy and a "no use" clause. My unit failed after the 3 day return and I used it, so technically he sold me a good unit and now have to deal with VXL. I'm not accusing you or your distributor of lying, I'm just a skeptic when it comes to salespeople. If the secondhand information you've gathered from a salesperson is accurate, I'm glad because maybe I can get reliable backup Cloud. For all I know maybe it was just a specific run of production units that are failure prone. Feel free to PM the vendor you speak of, because I'd like to order one from them if I decide on another one.

If you did not base your statement on your inspection of a few units, this statement by you is confusing or misleading. "That would be because many (most?) Cloud+ units aren't defective. I inspected two of them myself and they looked flawless to me"

Since the guy I talked to knew right away I was not buying one, I don't see why he had any reason not to be truthful. I can't tell you which vendor it was because I didn't pay attention, I just saw the Clouds on display. I think I can tell you where the booth was on the floor but that doesn't help because I can't find a floor map that shows who occupied what booth.

I don't see why my statement is misleading since it's correct. I don't even have to leave this thread to find many Cloud Plus owners whose units haven't failed.

Can we move on now? :horse:

pakalolo,

Medical Mark

I have had my cloud for almost a year in nov and have never had a problem but I don't use it exclusively I interchange my vapes so i Don't ware them out.
Maybe you guys who have lathe trouble are over using them burning them out.
Just a thought.
Medicalmark

Medical Mark,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I have had my cloud for almost a year in nov and have never had a problem but I don't use it exclusively I interchange my vapes so i Don't ware them out.
Maybe you guys who have lathe trouble are over using them burning them out.
Just a thought.
Medicalmark

Good thought, but it seems like doomed Clouds are doomed, and most Clouds are just fine; death seems to be predetermined in many cases, just not known until it happens...My Cloud has been on nearly 24/7 for months on end, and is doing just amazing!

Top Bottom