Discontinued ThermoVape

OF

I can't find the LV core for sale for the T1 anywhere on the site. It's my understanding that I'll just need that and the new batteries since I already have a complete T1 setup?

I see there is a 30w evolution out now. That is tempting because I love the design of the evo I have, but it didn't have enough heat/power for me. After all this time trying I can get whispy clouds and good flavor, but that is generally unused because I need more than that.

Not to worry, I can't find things I know are there there either. The LV T1 core is real, ask 'em and they'll no doubt make you one if at all possible (which I'm sure it is). it does work as you suggest. Swap the batteries for a single 17670 and you're stylin'.

However, if you're thinking hotrod Evolution this may not be for you? The LV T1 is lower powered than the original T1.... Yes, two bowls (which I know you want) but longer heat up times and milder production is part of the trade off.

OF

OF,
Reactions: darkrom

darkrom

Great Scott!
Not to worry, I can't find things I know are there there either. The LV T1 core is real, ask 'em and they'll no doubt make you one if at all possible (which I'm sure it is). it does work as you suggest. Swap the batteries for a single 17670 and you're stylin'.

However, if you're thinking hotrod Evolution this may not be for you? The LV T1 is lower powered than the original T1.... Yes, two bowls (which I know you want) but longer heat up times and milder production is part of the trade off.

OF

Let me try to be clear for once haha.

I want the LV T1 for the 2 bowls for sure.

I was also sort of asking how the new 30w evo is compared to the 6v T1 or the old 20w evo I have.

darkrom,
Reactions: OF

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Yes, I think we all got a little mixed up with the prototype offerings from TV.
I put together a chart of what my understanding is.
Anyone please cut and paste to fill in the missing information and my guesses. Also, what ones are actually production units or any units I missed?

6 Volt***********************
--------# Elements Watts # Bowls
Old T1------ 2------- 30------ 1
New T1----- 1-------- ?------- 2

Old EVO---- 2------- 20------- 2
New EVO ---? -------30------- 1?

3.7 Volt**********************
---------# Elements Watts # Bowls
New T1----- ?--------- ?------ ?
Old EVO ----2--------- ?------ 2?
New EVO--- ?-------- 30------ 1?

Pipes

Pipes,

OF

Let me try to be clear for once haha.

I want the LV T1 for the 2 bowls for sure.

I was also sort of asking how the new 30w evo is compared to the 6v T1 or the old 20w evo I have.

Thanks, Bro. That second part looked like someone had hacked your account......

If there's another Forum Member who's more after longer battery life for T1 than you he's sure keeping mighty quiet about it.

I have no first hand experience with the 30 Watt Evolution (yet, it's on the list). My understanding (from 'the guys') is it's potentially hotter than HV T1, combustion is possible if you're not careful.

Anyone have any experience with one to add? TIA

OF

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'll PM thermovape soon and see if I can get more info on the price of the LV T1 core and batteries. I wish I could trade my evo in for the new one for sure if it can combust!

darkrom,

OF

I'll PM thermovape soon and see if I can get more info on the price of the LV T1 core and batteries. I wish I could trade my evo in for the new one for sure if it can combust!

As 'em when you contact them. I think you can get your Evolution rewound for 30 Watts for the $15 rebuild fee.

Remember, you'll need something to charge the 17670s if you don't have a charger for 18650s or similar already.

Good luck.

OF

OF,

darkrom

Great Scott!
As 'em when you contact them. I think you can get your Evolution rewound for 30 Watts for the $15 rebuild fee.

Remember, you'll need something to charge the 17670s if you don't have a charger for 18650s or similar already.

Good luck.

OF

Will the stock charger for the persei do the trick?

Sucks because if I get the 30w evo I need to order more RCR's anyway LOL.

darkrom,

OF

Will the stock charger for the persei do the trick?

Sucks because if I get the 30w evo I need to order more RCR's anyway LOL.

It should do fine, I'm not 100% sure but I think I did it while I was fiddling with the one from my Omicron V2.

Yeah, ain't life a bitch? Having to choose between such fine gear is our own self made Hell seems to me? Scary part is, I love it! It gets better, and better, and better. And all it takes from us is money and patients. How cool is that?

OF

OF,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Yes, I think we all got a little mixed up with the prototype offerings from TV.
I put together a chart of what my understanding is.
Anyone please cut and paste to fill in the missing information and my guesses. Also, what ones are actually production units or any units I missed?

New T1----- 1-------- ?------- 2

New EVO ---? -------30------- 1?

New T1----- ?--------- ?------ ?
Old EVO ----2--------- ?------ 2?
New EVO--- ?-------- 30------ 1?

Pipes
Tim's earlier message here provides a few answers to your table's question marks:

Ill give you a little rundown on whats new, First the T1-LV core. Its a single core design and is VERY efficient
Low Voltage (Center Coil) T1
High efficiency T1 (6v) core.... yes, this is a triple core design!
New Evo-LV (center Coil)
New EVO-HP (built the same as a T1, 30 watts)

So under the 6v section, the "special order" T1 is three cores. And I get more than two bowls out of my original 6v Evo core, more like three or maybe four. Don't know if that's because I use my 6v Evo "naked" with the mouthpiece directly inserted and a modified Delrin insulating sleeve in place. Also the UFO mouthpiece I use with my Evo reduces the size of the load in the Evo significantly, so maybe that contributes the additional number of loads I get.

Under the 3.7v section, the "special order" T1 is a single (center coil) core.

I have my standard 6v T1 core and two standard 6v Evo cores in a bag waiting for me to send them back to TV (just haven't gotten around to mailing it). I've asked for a souped up triple core T1 head and to have one of the Evo cores recored to high power (30w) and the other converted to a single core LV center core. I am really looking forward to the two high power versions, and I'm thinking (hoping) that I actually get a little more battery life from the HP Evo. Hoping that a faster initial warmup time combined with modulating the power switch will actually work more efficiently rather than less. I've always felt the standard 6v Evo would benefit from more heat...

Plus I'll probably wind up with all the second gen stuff from TV when they come out anyway...

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Plus I'll probably wind up with all the second gen stuff from TV when they come out anyway...

Love the bottom line here.

So filling in some of the gaps.

New T1----- 3-------- ?------- ? (Special order high efficiency)
EVO HP----- 2------- 30------ ?

T1 LV------- 1--------- ?------ ?
Old EVO ----2--------- ?------ 2 (Discontinued???)
EVO LV----- 1---------?------ ?

Did they not bring out a single core 6 Volt T1? Or just the 3.7 Volt T1.

Haywood, I think you are on the right track with going for more heat and using techniques to keep from combustion. Just have to concentrate more on what your doing. I found that the herb contributes a lot to this. I have my unit set such that some herb strains will not combust even if you try and others will if not keeping a handle on technique. The other bonus is you don't feel like you have to have short wait times between hits because of fear the unit will cool down too much. Thus, making you wait that extra time for warm up again.

Pipes

Pipes,
Reactions: Egzoset

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
I think the 6v T1 is available in the original version (2 core, 30W) and the special order version (3 core, ?W). The other special order T1 that Tim mentioned is a 3.7V single center core low voltage version.

I've been training myself mostly with my 6v T1 base powering a DART core with PG lately, and I've found that I can preheat for 10 seconds, then take a BIG hit, continue to hold the power switch on for the 10 seconds I hold in the first hit, then take the second hit, turning the power off half way into the second hit, and for more hits after that, I just power up 5 seconds before the hit, drop power half way through the hit, and turn the power back on 5 seconds before I want to take the next hit. repeat.

This won't hold true when I switch from oil-in-the-ceramic mode with PG to herb in the Evo/T1 though. I've been able to see exactly what's going on with the oil vaping by removing the mouthpiece from the DART and just watching down the core for the vapor to appear. With the Evo (or the T1) with herb, no real vapor will appear until you take a hit, as air being drawn through the core is necessary with herb. So it will have to be the "test puff" method to tell, which removes (a little) heat from the core every time.

I'm making my best guess as to what form of generation one TV stuff I want once the line is dead and version two stuff is available. I suspect TV will recore anything from generation one you want, as long as they have parts, but I've been putting off sending Zeki my cores the past month, and I think I'm going to do it next week, after the hurricane passes, before it's too late.

In any case, I've still subjected myself to carrying around a bag of batteries when I want to vape herb (as opposed to PG)...

Oh, and I agree that different strains/cures of herb require different technique. One batch of NYC Diesel I have is so "moist" that I've taken to leaving a little out on a piece of paper overnight before I use it in the Evo or T1. Too much wasted effort and battery life is required to get it going when it's that moist.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I love the way he did the tease...only thing better would be a hidden image under a vape cloud or something.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Trever

Dreamerr

That is to funny egzoset...I thought that long ago but never posted it.:D

Dreamerr,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I am so glad I came back to the Thermovape thread today. High output? More power? I am tingling with excitement!

I recently had problems with my other pocket vape, part of a circuit malfunction of some sort, and started using my T1 again. I had to ask myself why I stopped using it. It seems I was overcome by technology (again) and pretty flashing lights. Don't get me wrong, I love my other pocket vape, but for personal everyday vaping the T1 cannot be beat! Just the fact you can get great clouds with just a small amount is what I came back for. The other one really seems to like going through a LOT of material.

It is nice to know that the T1 is built like a tank and will be there when I need it. No fancy circuitry or flashy lights, just a good, solid, reliable vaporizer. Gotta love it more with the AC pass through adapter.

My sincere apologies to the Thermovape team, but mostly Tim. I have cheated on you like a man would a loyal wife, and for that I am sorry but I will probably do it again. I am like that, but you will always be my one true love.

Now, what is with all this new stuff coming out? I have money and will be checking you guys out tomorrow!

Now I won't be able to sleep, nice to have my T1 back in my pocket again.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have been fooling around too, but have to say that T1 is a solid vape, just requires some finesse. I wish I could say I had money ready to burn for the new releases...but I will enjoy watching.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Dogman

Dreamerr

I was waiting for that comment jam and it only took two posts lol. I know you will get the new one if the tease is for something really interesting and still your stick shift vape....oh how I miss being able to drive a stick shift. Hand controls changes the whole driving experience.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Dogman

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
My only gripe is now I'm going from a dark background website to a white background one, it hurts my eyes... even though I can barely see... :smug:

Top Bottom