Discontinued ThermoVape

OF

I think that it is a more than accurate characterization..... People who ordered parts months ago have received no word from the company as to when they will receive their orders yet have already paid thermovape.

In fact I would go so far as to call it negligence at this point if Thermovape is not testing plugs from China for safety and completely turning a blind eye to one of the biggest production markets in the world. Obviously what they are doing now is not working.

OK, fine enough, I don't agree with 'they don't care, they've got your money' kind of characterizations, which is where this started (and what I responded to). FWIW I still don't without something to back it up. Tim just set the record straight, nobody got left hanging on either product. They were in fact all contacted and given options including refunds and partial shipments. A guy could use their 'handle' and buy his own supply from any country he wishes, and more power to him. Or her. Every customer was not as you implied ignored but given choices which they made. Either you cancelled your order before that or should have been contacted. Anyone out there not so contacted?

I'm at a loss about the negligence charge, I see absolutely nothing to back that up. Least of all your opinion of where they should be getting their parts from. They are under absolutely no obligation, legal or moral, to buy from anyone they wish not to as I see it. You can't even make a fair case for fraud here, despite what one might infer from the initial statement. Negligence would be to cause (provable) harm to an individual by not taking 'reasonable' care in selecting a dangerous device and representing it as safe. I see none of those tests met here. They have not offered dangerous stuff as safe, nor have they harmed anyone (in the legal sense). Not using an otherwise safe device is in no way negligent.....in fact it's pretty common place?

As to 'what they're doing is not working' I don't see that, let alone consider it obvious. Their business model, complete with the 'made in USA' bias, seems to be extremely successful. This is the free market, since you have a better way, why not do it? Offer a better product. Perhaps time for the old better mousetrap saying? They get to make it the way they want, you get to buy it or not as offered. Cool system, IMO.

OF

Bart

I agree with OF.
Personally I respect the fact that made in the USA means exactly what it says.
And good quality control is also important to me. I'd prefer to wait for a product that is right than have some second rate garbage passed off to me.

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
dammitall!!! my glass 14mm gong top just roll off my desk and landed on a glass jar I had sitting on the floor beside my desk and shattered. :rant: Are those even being made anymore??

Jam,

Are you talking about this part?

http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/thermovape-t1-all-glass-glass-adapter

I seriously JUST walked out of a head shop that had one of these collecting dust on the shelf...they are getting out of the TV sales and they had two revs and this on the shelf in case you are having a tough time sourcing it. Easy enough for me to pick up.

-Z

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
That is so much nicer then the one I bought which I guess is now the old one.

Dreamerr,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
You know, the only thing that pisses me off about ThermoVape... is that now that I have the money for the Ultra/AVA LR... they're sold the hell out of the Ultra. Only ultra with the aluminum case, for $125. Ends up being an extra $25 I don't really want to spend. I'm gonna shoot them an email right now and see if they actually sold out or if we can figure something out...

NOW THAT I CAN GET IT I CAN'T HAVE IT

DAMN EVERYTHING!!!

:cry:

Edit: I've been seeing a very similar product to TV's stuff on other websites under the name of "The Apex" on the site InnoVapor. Is that you guys, too? Someone copying you guys?

Quetzalcoatl,

Quetzalcoatl

(sorry if this isn't the appropriate thread, I hope this is the more appropriate thread for this post!)

Looks my wishes were answered! Spotted the Ultra back in stock :) Going for the Ultra/bottom-feed LR AVA! Before I click the final button, are there any discounts available right now? Free shipping? Free everything? I am so excited, it's like Christmas for me, but in OCTOBER!

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: OF

BaMbAaAChA

HAKUNA MATATA!!
Sorry for the trouble but can someone locate where, in the thermovape site they sell LV-T1 kits for 17670 batteries and the core?

BaMbAaAChA,
Reactions: darkrom

OF

Sorry for the trouble but can someone locate where, in the thermovape site they sell LV-T1 kits for 17670 batteries and the core?

AFAIK they don't sell kits, just the LV core alone. They will make you up a kit of whatever you need, at the 'right' price, I suggest you contact them. The core itself is listed in the mods group I think, but mine came as a stand alone part I had to swap on my T1 unit and change the battery (and charger).

Looks like you want batteries, charger, core and perhaps body and cap? Having a complete body would make switching back and forth easier.

OF

OF,

BaMbAaAChA

HAKUNA MATATA!!
I got mine allready a friend of mine want to see the price for a core and baterie charger to order one!! it used to be arround 50$ right?

BaMbAaAChA,

BaMbAaAChA

HAKUNA MATATA!!
I am back after 2 bowls of LV core test!!!
After watching my screen wallpaper for 10 mins, I want to beleve less...:ko:
The batteries after the first bowl was a bit slow to heat up and the hits was smaller compare to the first one...but if you give it some more secs before you inhale, you can have your job done!!
The great diferent i noticed is that now you have to charge 1 battery to enjoy ur Vape and for me it was ok for 2 bowls!! so have 3 of them and 1 charger at least I am able to have thermovape evrywhere with me wihout a backpack full of batteries :D

jambandphan03

in flavor country
That was about the same as my experience Bam~ I could easily get 2 loads from a charge, even if performance dropped at the end of the 2nd round, I still was able to make it work. It reminds me of how the Evo performs, longer heat time, slower draw until good and hot, then stronger draw to utilize the heat that is built up in the core. I prefer the AW batteries over the lifepo4 for sure, one cell, less guess work as to which battery isn't performing up to par, less bulk to carry etc... I give it a :tup: as a definite improvement.

sfld

What is the main diff between bottom feed and flat bottom? I ordered a lv flat bottom which im guessing is because we load it from the top? ava lv flat bottom / dart / ultra i cant wait haha

sfld,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Looking for some help/advice here. Got the T1 with my dead batteries (no big deal I've been REALLY milking this LAST set). I'm thinking I can probably sell my evo for some T1 upgrades and perhaps even break even.

If I've got the standard old T1, what do I need to try out the T1 LV? Am I going to hate the LV btw? I'd imagine its the same temps I'm used to, longer warm up, and perhaps 2 bowls per set of battery (do they get any more than that?).

I'm actually quite happy with the T1 performance, just want to upgrade the number of bowls per battery, so this seems like a nice time to try it out.

What exactly would I need? New heater core. New cap or same cap? New battery sleeve, or new base+battery sleeve.

Basically....OF or someone who knows exactly what to get HELP haha. I'm really just horrified of leaving out a part and then having to pay their shipping again lol. Now is as good of a time as any to upgrade since my battery are shot.

Thanks guys!

darkrom,

OF

I'm actually quite happy with the T1 performance, just want to upgrade the number of bowls per battery, so this seems like a nice time to try it out.

What exactly would I need? New heater core. New cap or same cap? New battery sleeve, or new base+battery sleeve.

You've got it, change the core and battery to 17650 and you're good to go. Same base and tube. You'll need a charger for the battery (same as 18650).

Don't look for a huge improvement in battery life, I know that's what you're after (for some time now.....). This is an improvement, but two bowls is it. And the end of the second is not as easy as the end of the first. I suggest having a couple charged batteries handy and using them. In rotation they can 'go further' than run straight through (when the load dries out and settles in, I swap for fresher saving the weaker ones for use later).

Good luck. IMO you'll like it more, but not be satisfied.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

Impressive, it's probably only been 3 hours or so but already ThermoVape has fulfilled my order and even provided me with a (currently non-functional) tracking number! Color me happy! Tim, is that review thread for store credit thing still going on? I might try making a short one...

Also I might have asked before, but where to I ask questions? Does this thread only apply to the full-sized units? Am I better off posting about my Ultra in the UltraLite thread?

Quetzalcoatl,

OF

Also I might have asked before, but where to I ask questions? Does this thread only apply to the full-sized units? Am I better off posting about my Ultra in the UltraLite thread?

I don't make the rules, of course, but my opinion is this thread is better for stuff of general interest, including stuff like hit count for various models. OTOH, 'I love my Ultra' belongs on the Ultra thread?

I figure you'll run a better chance of finding the guy (or Lady, let's not forget them, more and more great contributions seem to be come from them of late) with the answer here......

OF

What is the main diff between bottom feed and flat bottom? I ordered a lv flat bottom which im guessing is because we load it from the top? ava lv flat bottom / dart / ultra i cant wait haha

I had wondered this myself when shopping for e-cig stuff. Here's what Thermovape customer service told me:

"The Bottom Feed design is meant to work more specifically with inhale to activate devices, and bottom feeding RES tank systems or mods. Our RES system is a side feeding design, so it does not require a bottom hole. The Flat Bottom AVA is our standard Atomizer, and is compatible with most 510 devices on the market."

UpUpandAway,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'd like to thank Zingbuddah for having the keen eye to not only see my post about breaking my glass top, but spotting one in a local shop, and hooking me up with it!! Just came in, thanks so much!! I will try to keep this one from rolling off my desk ;). STOKED that we have such a wonderful vape community here!!

darkrom

Great Scott!
I can't find the LV core for sale for the T1 anywhere on the site. It's my understanding that I'll just need that and the new batteries since I already have a complete T1 setup?

I see there is a 30w evolution out now. That is tempting because I love the design of the evo I have, but it didn't have enough heat/power for me. After all this time trying I can get whispy clouds and good flavor, but that is generally unused because I need more than that.

darkrom,
Top Bottom