Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I called 3 dif online sellers and Gotvape was the only one that had a human answer and took care of me properly. Best online dealer I've ever spoke with and I buy lots of things online. dunno what happened to you but they seem great to me...

Maybe the fact that theyve been sold out of LV darts for months but still leave it as an option so they can tell you theyre sold out after you purchase and then tryandgiveyou a windowed version that theyve been trying to get rid of.

I sent them an email saying i know the darts are hard to find and no longer being manufactured so i wanted to double check before buying and they responded with "we havea few LV revolutions stems left instock" i then sent another email saying i just wanted to know if the dart version specifically was still in stock because that iswhat i wasinterested in and they never responded back. Very shady

They also rarely have anything sold out on their site, you wont find out its out of stock until after u purchase most likely

Mynameismud,

OF

Maybe the fact that theyve been sold out of LV darts for months but still leave it as an option so they can tell you theyre sold out after you purchase and then tryandgiveyou a windowed version that theyve been trying to get rid of.

That can't possibly be true, can it? That would be fraud under 'bait and switch' laws. right?

Look it up if you're not sure......

OF

OF,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
It happened to me and ive seen it happen to a few other members on here...when i emailed them directly asking if they had the dart still in stock they responded with "we have a few LV revolution stems left in stock..." I then responded again saying i just wanted to know if the dart was still in stock and they never responded so i purchased the dart anyway hoping for the best and got a phone call a day later saying it was sold out and they would send me a windowed version if i wanted. Dont feel like searching for the other people it happened to but theyve all been within the past couple weeks

Mynameismud,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I received an short one with side loader and a short one and a longer one with top loader.
Hope that helps.
For clarification's sake, does the "short one with side loader" (assuming window Rev?) differ from the DART one? My AVA mouthpiece is pretty wide, although the intent of it is so that I can easily drip a little bit of juice in, hence "drip-tip." My DART mouthpiece has a very small hole, "restricted-draw" as I call it.

Quetzalcoatl,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
For clarification's sake, does the "short one with side loader" (assuming window Rev?) differ from the DART one? My AVA mouthpiece is pretty wide, although the intent of it is so that I can easily drip a little bit of juice in, hence "drip-tip." My DART mouthpiece has a very small hole, "restricted-draw" as I call it.
My 2 small ones(1 each from side dart and top dart), both have large bore at top which goes to small hole on bottom. My larger one that came with the Revolution set(with top load dart), is large bore all the way through. I am currently using the larger one because that is the one i chose upon assembling Rev. I will try to use smaller one and note back differences. My curiousity is peaked and am now wondering if the smaller holed ones may actually benefit the slow draw technique that is recommended with the Rev.

arrr

My 2 small ones(1 each from side dart and top dart), both have large bore at top which goes to small hole on bottom. My larger one that came with the Revolution set(with top load dart), is large bore all the way through. I am currently using the larger one because that is the one i chose upon assembling Rev. I will try to use smaller one and note back differences. My curiousity is peaked and am now wondering if the smaller holed ones may actually benefit the slow draw technique that is recommended with the Rev.

Please let us know what mouthpiece you think works better. Thanks

arrr,

OF

Most folks found some restriction was useful with Revolution/DART. That caused the MPs with the small hole at the bottom with Revolution. Not all found it necessary (if you normally draw slowly) and when DART came out the small holes in the 'UFO section' did the restriction function so the hole was opened back up.

True Flow also changes the game since it too offers restrictions.

No hard and fast rules. My advice is to try both and see. Some guys hate a bit of oil getting up. others don't want the restriction.

It's all good you know.

OF

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I don't know what I'm doing wrong with my Rev. I'll drop a nice sized ball of oil maybe half the size of a pea in there right on top of the element. I'll get a couple good hits, but then all of the oil starts to wick up around the metal tube away from the element and it stops on me. Am I loading too much? Not loading enough? Or just running it for too long? I've got no clue how to use this thing properly.

CentiZen,

OF

I've got no clue how to use this thing properly.

So it would seem.

You don't drop he goods "in there right on top of the element" like it was a Gpen or some other kluge, in fact you can't drop anything onto the element, it's hidden inside the ceramic reservoir.

From empty (clean it first, as the ceramic is no doubt fouled on top) add .150 to .2 grams then fully melt it into the reservoir. Keep the heat low until it's fully absorbed.

Then hit it. You need to heat the reservoir body up with the oil inside it already since the vapor is supposed to be formed there, not in the upper chamber. When the volume of vapor tapers off, add .05 to .10 grams (never more) if you're sure the battery is still strong, otherwise try battery first. Take great care to not overload it, flooding and burn oil and other grief follows.

The concentrate belongs inside, not on top, of the element.

"Load small and often".

OF

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Hey all!!
Dont know what you all use to load your Rev, but I had an old microG tool and grew quite accustomed to loading my Rev with it. Anyways, I lost it yesterday and I hate losing things. Tossed my whole house, 2 cars, nowhere to be found. So I was passing a LHS that I haven't been to in a few years and stopped to look for a new mini dabber. I about $hit myself when sitting next to the Hot Box vapes and Palm, was a brand new in box Thermovape Revolution(side loader). So I liked my first one so much I had to buy this one as well. Now I have one white top loader and a black side loader version. WhooHoo!
Still loving my Revo and now have a great backup. Definitely keeps me going thru the day and very good for stretching out my concentrate stash.
They had no tool to compare to my microG tool, but still glad I stopped in.

StickyShisha2

at a local head shop with a friend today, i see they have a revolution kit. the side window one.
6v unit with charger and 4 3.0v batteries sealed in a tube.

my friend knows how much i love my low volt dart and that i'm not giving it up even when i get my cera.
i talk the sales person down some on price, knowing that it has been on the shelf for quite a while.

we put 2 batteries in the TV and 2 on the charger. and he loads the Rev.
i know it heated because he got a monster hit but it won't heat again.
now all the batteries a fully charged but i would guess that he burned out the core.

StickyShisha2,

OF

i know it heated because he got a monster hit but it won't heat again.
now all the batteries a fully charged but i would guess that he burned out the core.

I think it's highly unlikely he burned it out (unless somewhere along the line someone swapped a LV core? Check for "LV" on the bottom...). My guess is the switch needs resetting after sitting for a year (?) on display?

Reset the switch, I be it puts him back in business......

Good luck.

OF

OF,

StickyShisha2

what do you mean by reset the switch?

i took the thing apart and put back together.

edit:
I guess I might as well hit the high points, just in case.... Take off the cart and unscrew the battery from the switch/adapter assembly. Then pull the switch out (pull from the battery side straight out). There's an o-ring under it that retains it. That ring must be solidly in the bottom of the well before the switch is returned (you can use the switch 'backwards', big end first, to push the ring down squarely). Put the switch back in, pushing it in as far as you can. Put the battery back on. Lastly screw the cart back on, this will push the switch down to it's correct position ensuring good contact. OF

StickyShisha2,

OF

what do you mean by reset the switch?

Remove the cart.

Then take off the adapter body and remove the switch assembly and the o-ring. Seat the o-ring firmly in the bottom of the bore, then install the switch over it pushing it down as far as it will go. Put the adapter back.

The put the cart back on, this will push the switch back toward the battery ensuring firm contact between the bottom of the cart and the top of the switch.

OF

Tweek

Could it be flooded? How much did he put in? Maybe soak it in iso to reclaim the oil, give it a boil and try again?

Tweek,

Pandora Haze

Vapor Chica
Just had the same problem with gotvape. They didn't have the courtesy to even let me know they were out of stock. I wish I would have read this thread before. They tried to pass it off like they just sold out, but I told them that other people had issue with this way before I did. They just kept lying to me saying it wasn't even on the site anymore which was false. I wish they were still making the darts...c'est la vie.

Pandora Haze,

StickyShisha2

not flooded. he barely loaded it, took a giant hit and coughed. it won't heat again.

ohm meter shows no continuity.

StickyShisha2,

2clicker

Observer
not flooded. he barely loaded it, took a giant hit and coughed. it won't heat again.

ohm meter shows no continuity.

i hate to sound negatory, but it sounds fried to me. luckily for your friend its only $15 to rebuild. TETs turnaround is very quick to boot.

love my darts. hot commodity these days. ive been using my window Rev as a dart lately. got a high temp silicone tubing piece that covers the window and i run a dart loading tool in the top. its exactly the same core, just with the hole in it.

if any of you can find standard Revs, then you could have a dart easily. TET still has the dart loading tops in stock. find a rev, order the loading tool and your golden. i wonder if the demand would ever be high enough again to coax them back into production...? super small FC only run perhaps?

i want another one!

StickyShisha2

i hate to sound negatory, but it sounds fried to me. luckily for your friend its only $15 to rebuild. TETs turnaround is very quick to boot.

just sucks that he burned it out before he got it loaded properly.

love my darts. hot commodity these days. ive been using my window Rev as a dart lately. got a high temp silicone tubing piece that covers the window and i run a dart loading tool in the top. its exactly the same core, just with the hole in it.
he was planning on doing just that

TET still has the dart loading tops in stock.

when i tried to order the loader it says backordered.

StickyShisha2,
Top Bottom