Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
It should be from the threading up (the core is inside, wrapped around a ceramic, with a ceramic "floor" that acts as a reservoir and one on top of the core to load onto, the ceramics being medical grade and the wire for the core US-sourced). If it's the original Revolution it will have a window/cut-out on the side, DART has the dabber. The brothers up there have it down. LV is 3.7, standard is 6v. I can't really comment on batteries to drive it, I use the ThermoVape Ultra body for my LV DART.

Quetzalcoatl,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Yeah, it's an original with the window. I've got some nice shatter I can load through the window or I can pull the whole thing off and load my wax or taffy through the top. I'll be looking out for a Dart, but I'm not holding my breath. Batteries are not an issue. I am a flashlight junky so I have batteries of all sizes and outputs for a lifetime. I think I may order the Rev top from Gotvape as a back up.

Thanks for the info, guys. Very much appreciated.

Deadshort480,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
You, sir, have just told me exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you. Ordering now.
Bought a LV Dart to start from GotVape...then a TV SV Revolution w/ Dart...then found a TV SV Revo side loader at my LHS...just bought a TV Ultra LV with Dart from the classifieds. Does that say I have a problem or what how much I like this product/company? :) Welcome aboard!! Read thru posts to get loads of good info!

Deadshort480

I'm in the process of reading through this entire thread. Quite a daunting task.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: OF

BeardedCrow

Got my thermovape revolution in the mail last week.

Took a few hours to fully learn good techniques.

Really like when it works well, but not consistent and sliding window quickly clogs and gets sticky.

Hard to load large amounts makes this not so portable IMO.

Overall happy with vape, for it's price it'd better last long...

BeardedCrow,

Quetzalcoatl

Large amounts like what? It doesn't like more than, say, .15g. If you're looking to load a third of a gram or even more than .2 it's not gonna be working 100%. As per the loading issues, yes the original window'd Revolution had those problems. ThermoVape still had some DART loaders on their website as of a few days ago... worth looking into, as you can stop spinning the window and instead use the top-loading dabber.

edit: apparently I was wrong. my apologies.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
ThermoVape still had some DART loaders on their website as of a few days ago... worth looking into, as you can stop spinning the window and instead use the top-loading dabber.
But the Dart peice won't fit onto the top of the side loader...right?

Silver420Surfer,

Deadshort480

I thought that the Dart loader would fit into the windowed cart , but won't cover the window. From what I've gathered that is the case and that is why a silicone sleeve is needed if you are going to use the Dart loader with the window core.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I thought that the Dart loader would fit into the windowed cart , but won't cover the window. From what I've gathered that is the case and that is why a silicone sleeve is needed if you are going to use the Dart loader with the window core.
I can't get either of my 2 darts to "fit" into the windowed cart, am I doing something wrong?

Silver420Surfer,

OF

But the Dart peice won't fit onto the top of the side loader...right?

That is correct. The body of the dart tip is too big, it never makes it to the ring.

There was a different model that used a DART tip as well. The body around the ring is narrow enough to pass, it looks almost the same, but fits. However, the tip is way short of the plate so it doesn't really load as well as DART.

To even get in the game you need the special version of the tip. The standard DART top won't do it. After that you're fairly 'DART like' in some areas. The UFO is nice too, of course.

OF

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
That is correct. The body of the dart tip is too big, it never makes it to the ring.

There was a different model that used a DART tip as well. The body around the ring is narrow enough to pass, it looks almost the same, but fits. However, the tip is way short of the plate so it doesn't really load as well as DART.

To even get in the game you need the special version of the tip. The standard DART top won't do it. After that you're fairly 'DART like' in some areas. The UFO is nice too, of course.

OF
So the UFO can seat directly on top of the windowed versions?

Silver420Surfer,

OF

So the UFO can seat directly on top of the windowed versions?

The UFO is built into the DART tip. It that tip fits, you get a UFO along with the dabber tip. The UFO from Evolution would need a mouth piece and some fitting at least to incorporate. It might not fit (it wasn't designed to) easily or at all like happens with the Cera cart.

edited part of my post, guess i cant win them all :cry:

Might be a good call, depending on exactly what's being offered? The important part is to proceed with caution. Then again, it's like ten bucks, right? It won't break anything (unless you stand on it), it's just doesn't fit.

OF

BeardedCrow

Well I'd like to load a gram of wax at a time because I do not bring my wax around with me (felony here) and it only wants dabs at a time.

I have a feeling this vape will stay at home...

Also, my thermovape says t1 on the bottom, though I bought revolution, normal?

I was never asked for color option too, no biggie.

What I'm wondering, what can fit on this battery? I must say the swivel window on revolution is annoying, what recommended for longer sessions with wax?

I have this cheap 'match-free' pen for $35 and is outperforming this $170 revolution... Help me?

mod note- 2 posts merged. Use 'edit' please.

BeardedCrow,

2clicker

Observer
Also, my thermovape says t1 on the bottom, though I bought revolution, normal?

I was never asked for color option too, no biggie.

What I'm wondering, what can fit on this battery? I must say the swivel window on revolution is annoying, what recommended for longer sessions with wax?

I have this cheap 'match-free' pen for $35 and is outperforming this $170 revolution... Help me?

yes the bases are marked with T1. thats why i call them the "T1 base". that same base came with all the other vape options from TV.

you could always get a piece of silicone tubing to cover the window and just run a 510 mouthpiece directly on top of the core. you would need a tool for loading unless your errl is stable at room temp and then you can just drop it in.

Deadshort480

Is it difficult to pull the top part off of the windowed Rev to load it and then replace the top part? Also, can you take that off, top load it with a tool, prime the material to get it into the core and then replace the top part? I'm hoping my Rev will be here tomorrow so I can start experimenting.

Deadshort480,

BeardedCrow

Thank you for replies!

Yes everything comes off (snug, so it doesn't fall apart in pockets I'm assuming) but if you have wax in there and you keep opening the wax gets between everything, making it sticky.

Why I wanted to load a good amount, but then wax hovers above ceramic and thus you must keep opening it.

I wish there was a small ceramic pin poking up so it always has contact with material so we don't have to keep pushing material down.

BeardedCrow,

OF

Well I'd like to load a gram of wax at a time because I do not bring my wax around with me (felony here) and it only wants dabs at a time.

I have a feeling this vape will stay at home...

Yup, I bet it does too from the sounds of it. It was never intended to hold a lot of material. A quarter gram is a full load and you can only vape maybe half that before it gets lame. "Load small and often" is the rule. I recommend never loading more than .100 at a time, .050 is a better target. Load too much and it gets slow to make vapor, leaks a lot and burns the goods far too often.

Perhaps when Hercules gets sorted out (a month or so) it'll give you a better option (although it still won't hold a gram I don't think). When TV releases adapters, the Cera oil cart is probably the best solution IMO.

Until then I doubt you'll have a lot of luck forcing Revolution/DART to work with an overload. Some have tried, the results were poor.

Good luck.

OF

Ricardooayee

So i recently bought a Revolution Kit. This is my second vape, my first one was a vaped pen sort of like a cloud,gpen,etc . I was already used to just loading small and often so that wasnt a big deal. The first 20 or so hits tasted like metal and wax :puke:, but it only took 2-3 hits to get where i wanted so it took me a couple of days. I had been using shatter so it was sticky i did a ISO soak and boil , let it dry over night . Today in the morning i packed a little dab and just let it melt into the ceramic without releasing vapor , then packed another dab and took a hit and i have got to say it tasted amazing , the metal taste was gone.

I really love the revolution.

OF

Today in the morning i packed a little dab and just let it melt into the ceramic without releasing vapor , then packed another dab and took a hit and i have got to say it tasted amazing , the metal taste was gone.

I really love the revolution.

Great, glad you worked it out. The goods should be absorbed into the reservoir, not sitting on top of it. Loaded correctly the heater never gets anywhere near that hot, the extra energy going into making vapor rather than getting stuff still hotter and hotter. No harm to the vape, but it can be real hard on what oil is trapped inside. From empty I suggest .1 gram or a tiny bit more. Melt it in well (as you've discovered) before ramping it up the first time for real. Expect at least a few good hits but keep track of the quality. Also examining the surface of the ceramic floor can give you a clue. If it looks dry, it probably is. If, OTOH, it looks 'damp' you're probably good to go.

As soon as production slows, add .050 (a paper match head, or small drop), never more than .100. You don't want to flood it. It gets slow to respond and the taste suffers. Also keep track of the battery charge, if it slows and you're not absolutely sure the battery's good, swap in your spare and check that first. Otherwise you risk the flood. Never add a second 'top up' if the first didn't seem to improve production again immediately.

Anyway, congrats and enjoy it. It's an excellent machine for what it does for sure.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

Easy way for me to tell once I got used to working with Revo, if the base of the cart isn't "warm enough" after say 10 seconds it's because of the battery not being able to deliver enough power. Always worth a quick battery switch to see what's up. I also noted a very mild manufacturer taste which disappeared in about three or so hits? Even after iso soaks, the taste doesn't come back. Damn glad to have this little piece around, if only I had some oil left to put in her... lil Launch Box took the spotlight for now.

Quetzalcoatl,
Top Bottom