Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Looks like these folks still have the Revolution in stock in case anyone still looking.
Here

Does anyone have/use the Smooth-Flow Moisture Conditione? Can you recommend it?

servlet.ImageServer

Silver420Surfer,

OF

Does anyone have/use the Smooth-Flow Moisture Conditione? Can you recommend it?

Yes, and yes.

IMO it does a good job of putting moisture back into vapor. It makes a bigger change with bud than oil, I suspect due to the higher volume of hot air. It doesn't hold much water, I found it needed a bit more with every new bowl.

If dry vapor bothers you, by all means give it a go. Quality, as you might guess, is second to none.

OF

StickyShisha2

i need to decide what to do with the burned out Rev sv. Should i buy the kit off him? and if i do, should i have it wound for LV?

the number stamped into my rev is several thousand higher than his. How long has this LHS had it on a shelf? the girl working there said "years" and then i talked down the price saying the batteries wouldn't be very good anymore.

StickyShisha2,

StickyShisha2

being that i'm not vested into any rechargeable battery type yet, (only having what this set included) should we wire this sv to lv and get different batteries?

StickyShisha2,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yes, and yes.

IMO it does a good job of putting moisture back into vapor. It makes a bigger change with bud than oil, I suspect due to the higher volume of hot air. It doesn't hold much water, I found it needed a bit more with every new bowl.

If dry vapor bothers you, by all means give it a go. Quality, as you might guess, is second to none.

OF

I have the smooth flow tip, are you supposed to add water to it? Like run it under the sink? Ivebeen using it dry. I like it better than the dart loader except its kinda wobbly and doesnt stay on as well as the dart loader does

NoName

being that i'm not vested into any rechargeable battery type yet, (only having what this set included) should we wire this sv to lv and get different batteries?

Hi SS,

Since you're not vested into a battery type, if it were me (portability is most important) I'd have it wound to LV (for 3.7v) for a number of reasons. First, LV only requires a single battery vs 2 batteries for SV (easier to maintain batts in single use situations vs. potential problems with one battery killing it's mate in a 2 battery configuration: ie a single AW IMR 17670 vs the two CR123's). Second, the vaping world seems to have more available options at LV (3.7v) than at SV (6v) - so those 3.7v batts could be used elsewhere more readily.

However, if you're going to be using your Rev primarily AT HOME (say while working on the computer) you might want to consider an ac power supply (TET or Pipes') and staying at SV (because I believe supplies are available for 6v not 3.7v). Then with a couple of CR123's you could still have 'portability' when needed.

NN

I have the smooth flow tip, are you supposed to add water to it? Like run it under the sink? Ivebeen using it dry. I like it better than the dart loader except its kinda wobbly and doesnt stay on as well as the dart loader does

Edit: Mynameismud - yes you add water to the smoothflow MP. You can add a couple of drops of water (some forum members carry water in eye-drop style bottles). Others (myself included) merely hold it under running water for a few seconds and 'blow/shake off' any excess. I add water before each use for best performance.

PB88123

Vaporist

Put the smooth flow under some water and shake the excess water out. Every couple hits or when you feel is necessary.

StickyShisha2

Hi SS,

Since you're not vested into a battery type, if it were me (portability is most important) I'd have it wound to LV (for 3.7v) for a number of reasons. First, LV only requires a single battery vs 2 batteries for SV (easier to maintain batts in single use situations vs. potential problems with one battery killing it's mate in a 2 battery configuration: ie a single AW IMR 17670 vs the two CR123's). Second, the vaping world seems to have more available options at LV (3.7v) than at SV (6v) - so those 3.7v batts could be used elsewhere more readily.
NN

thank you. I was thinking the same thing.

does TET sell appropriate LV batteries? (AW IMR 17670 ?)

oh, and a charger, all i have is the little 123 charger

StickyShisha2,

NoName

thank you. I was thinking the same thing.

does TET sell appropriate LV batteries? (AW IMR 17670 ?)

oh, and a charger, all i have is the little 123 charger

SS,

Your welcome. Not sure if TET still has any of the AW IMR 17670's or the Ultrafire WF-188 chargers left (try shooting them an email perhaps?) I'm not sure what 123 charger you might have. If it's the WF-188 then it can charge 3.7v batts as well as the 3.2v and then you only need batts. OF and others have recommended Lighthound as a reputable vender of batts/chargers in the past.

BTW: I never did thank you for the helpful posting you made seemingly eons ago re: 'clearing the Omicron flue' by lightly blowing into a slightly warm cart up from the bottom of the cart. I've used this method on the go when I was without proper cleaning materials. Thanks,

NN

StickyShisha2

you're quite welcome
ok, i sent an e-mail to TET. I hope they have stuff for me.
the charger that came in this kit holds 2 123 batteries side by side, no extra room.

StickyShisha2,
Reactions: NoName

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
you're quite welcome
ok, i sent an e-mail to TET. I hope they have stuff for me.
the charger that came in this kit holds 2 123 batteries side by side, no extra room.
My chargers that came with both my Revolutions can not accept 17670 batts, I don't think yours will either.

Silver420Surfer,

StickyShisha2

will i got a response, but it didn't answer my question. i asked if they still had batteries and charger for 3.7v and he answered "We are out of most parts for first generation products."

StickyShisha2,

OF

will i got a response, but it didn't answer my question. i asked if they still had batteries and charger for 3.7v and he answered "We are out of most parts for first generation products."

Not to worry, Lady. I know they have a supply of the 3.0 Volt batteries and chargers (there's a box next to the rest room.....) but even if the 17670s and chargers are gone we got ya covered. Our good friends at Lighthound sells both the battery and charger:

http://www.lighthound.com/AW-17670-Protected-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_101.html
http://www.lighthound.com/Ultrafire...3-37-volt-Lithium-Battery-Charger_p_3669.html

OF

StickyShisha2

TET just got back to me. they are out of the batteries and charger. lighthound is our friend? i'm new to the battery market. Is there any coupon code for additional savings?

StickyShisha2,

OF

TET just got back to me. they are out of the batteries and charger. lighthound is our friend? i'm new to the battery market. Is there any coupon code for additional savings?

Not that I know of, but they often get my business anyway. Good folks, lots of us 'battery heads' use them to support our vices.

OF

OF,
There's a discount code listed at ECF for 2% off that I've used before. It is "cpf", which I suspect comes from "Candle Power Forum" (a "serious" flashlight site").

-NDA

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I can vouch for lighthound, scored a couple extra batteries and they've fallen right into rotation without a problem. I don't have a volt meter thing to test them, but I have a hard time blindly picking out the new ones once I've been vaping my oils with them...

I got the smoothflow in a bulk deal off of Ebay, and having tried it, I honestly wouldn't spend much good money on it. It rarely gets used on my LV Rev, which I love except for loading and window issues.. Glad I bought it when I did. I'm running it on an Ego battery current and am getting adequate performance. I'm loading greedily and haven't had any leaks whatsoever.

Has anyone tried 7th Floor (SSV,DBV) tubing for sealing the window and for heat insulation? I know 2Clicker and others have explored using tubing which looks more rugged.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
So, I'm thinking of jumping on the Revolution train, but one thing worries me. Where can one find replacement heating cores for these things? Gotvape has the Rev conversion kits that appear to be the entire Rev top? Does this include the heater core? I don't want to buy this thing and have it crap out in a few months with no chance of finding the replacement parts I may need.

Deadshort480,

2clicker

Observer
So, I'm thinking of jumping on the Revolution train, but one thing worries me. Where can one find replacement heating cores for these things? Gotvape has the Rev conversion kits that appear to be the entire Rev top? Does this include the heater core? I don't want to buy this thing and have it crap out in a few months with no chance of finding the replacement parts I may need.

read through the thread a bit. you will find that TV will rebuild any core for a small fee. they cant replace lost or stolen cores, but can fix broken ones.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
TV rebuilds core for you for $15 or so from what others have posted on here. Can't beat that. Go for it you will not be disappointed.

Top Bottom