Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
ThermoVape said:
sessnet said:
Is that high yield/low consumption model going to be for herbs?

Nope, an expansion on the Revolution.

Cheers!

ThermoVape

....fuuuuuuuuugggyyeeeeeuah!

SIGN. ME. UP.

Id love to have a rev with no window....just sayin :brow: If u guys dont weld one up and sell it to me i might just have to get frankenstien and seal it up with solder or something.

Ive become quite fond of throwing a whole gram down the top chute and melting it down omicron style and lettin it rip for MANY days in the car :) No twisting window, no sticky mess, no BHO on my steering wheel and im happy. "well why not just, not open it" not good enough, we all know it wiggles a big when warm and bho can start creepin its way out if u hit this thing constantly like i do.

For the record this mouthpiece rocks again.

Me n friends are now all callin it the "Thermovape revoERRLution" :brow: porta errl rig! serves us all well!:D

i tinker with things too much, can ya tell?

Xchadb,

OF

Xchadb said:
Id love to have a rev with no window....just sayin :brow: If u guys dont weld one up and sell it to me i might just have to get frankenstien and seal it up with solder or something.

Ive become quite fond of throwing a whole gram down the top chute and melting it down omicron style and lettin it rip for MANY days in the car :) No twisting window, no sticky mess, no BHO on my steering wheel and im happy. "well why not just, not open it" not good enough, we all know it wiggles a big when warm and bho can start creepin its way out if u hit this thing constantly like i do.

I'm not so sure this is a smart idea. One of the (few) things I was warned about when I picked my Revolution up from TV was putting 'too much' oil in. They described, then showed me the ceramic parts (top plate you can see part of and ring round the heater) that absorb the oil to feed it to the heater as needed. They are pretty small, no way they'll hold a gram. Or half a gram. TV suggested 4 or 5 drops max. More than that can flow down the air holes at the bottom of the heater chamber (where air comes in), and out the two holes above the threads jamming up the works and gluing the cart in. Extra oil ends up in the switch below as I recall.

I'm not saying it won't work, just that this is not the way it's designed to work (obviously) and it could cause problems.

OF

OF,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
An I idea like that mixed in with their upcoming expansion could make for a nice range of use types. Given it all stays modular. I do worry about having more and more parts to carry around.

BudBuddy,

chemex

Greetings,

I've been reading through this discussion and noticed there aren't many comments about the Revolution using dry concentrates (kief, hash, etc.). Most comments are reviewing it using oils and wet concentrates. Could you offer me your thoughts on the use with dry. Thank you.

chemex,

mephisto

I can say that kief works well if you can sip lightly enough not to huff all the goodies down your
windpipe....Still getting the hang of ish.... Tried little pellets smashed flat. I need more practice!
The Rev. will handle it, my technique needs work.

mephisto,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I found dry concentrates did not perform nearly as well as the oils, but you can use it for that. I tried kief and bubble hash and found both vaped ok, but were a bit messy and I had to fiddle with it more to get the entire mass to vape completely.

jambandphan03,

mephisto

I can attest to the Rev. being a quality control device. My homemade BHO
which I thought was clean, kaaaaakkk. Tasted so heavy w/ mercaptans, crap
that I am sworn off of oil for awhile. Damn that was bad, evil high as well.
Learn by doing I suppose....

mephisto,

OF

jambandphan03 said:
I found dry concentrates did not perform nearly as well as the oils, but you can use it for that. I tried kief and bubble hash and found both vaped ok, but were a bit messy and I had to fiddle with it more to get the entire mass to vape completely.

I agree with both posters, it will work, and kief will get sucked up if you're not careful. You just have to mess with it for good results. I found keeping a BB or slightly smaller mass going to work best. I stir it with a toothpick through the window between hits, scraping it down onto the base. Once it gets warm and sticky it's easy to add a bit more material to it. Eventually it goes stale and production drops way off then I remove it while warm, recharge, and soldier on. You can stop whenever you want of course, but starting it up involves heating the mass up in a couple of stages with a bit of stirring.

It does work, and works well with even pretty low grade kief or bubble hash. Feed it some great stuff (I've got some Sour Diesel at 55%) and the results are super. But, like hashpipes of old, you have to mess with it between hits. In a funny way, I kinda like that part.

OF

OF,

aero18

vaporist
Just got my Revolution! So far, this thing has been amazing. It heats up quickly and you can easily vaporize small amounts of oil with it and be quite efficient with it. Hands down, this is the best portable oil on the market. I would think anyone who vapes oil NEEDS to have one of these. So much more convenient than Ti nails/skillets, and the vapor is a lot more cool!

The flavor has been off so far, but I am sure it will get better over time.

Thanks ThermoVape crew!

aero18,

Darb

Xchadb said:
ThermoVape said:
sessnet said:
Is that high yield/low consumption model going to be for herbs?

Nope, an expansion on the Revolution.

Cheers!

ThermoVape

....fuuuuuuuuugggyyeeeeeuah!

SIGN. ME. UP.

For the record this mouthpiece rocks again.

Me n friends are now all callin it the "Thermovape revoERRLution" :brow: porta errl rig! serves us all well!:D

i tinker with things too much, can ya tell?

Has loading this much in your revolution caused any leaking issues?
How many times do you have to charge the batteries before the gram is gone?

Darb,

weedemon

enthusiast
i'm not getting the hits I would like off of mine. I loaded about 3 or 4 good size drops into it. one at a time. I heated it up and watched it melt down into the top ceramic heater and then disappear (down into the ceramic cup below I assume) I am away from my supply atm, so i can't just load more into it. atm. but i doubt its empty! It cant be! lol

I figured 4 good drops would last me a day at least. I got 3 really great rips off it. ones that made me choke! but after that it has gotten really whispy. I think maybe the oil has come up out of the heater part and is clinging all to the sides? has this happened to any of you?

plz help and give me suggestions!

weedemon,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Same for me :(

First load was kief - worked great.

Second load was hash - worked great.

Third and Fourth, some QWISO - worked great.

Yesterday I boiled it, and tried to clean as much out as possible. Blew, and dried it out.

Tried the QWISO again, small ball about the size of a BB, and it just crackles and pops. Got almost nothing out of it other than a small tingle, barely visible vapor...

I wonder what's going on - that BB just seemed to disappear. :uhoh:

sessnet,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
sessnet said:

Yesterday I boiled it, and tried to clean as much out as possible. Blew, and dried it out.

Tried the QWISO again, small ball about the size of a BB, and it just crackles and pops. Got almost nothing out of it other than a small tingle, barely visible vapor...

This has been my experience too. Haven't had as much time to work with it recently but It hasn't been giving me hits close to what I've been putting in it., I've heated it up with a torch and everything too trying to melt anything thats in there down. no dice

MarcellusWiley,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I have a feeling it got clogged or something. Maybe the QWISO plant particles fell down and gunked up where the magic is supposed to happen?

A several-minute boil, wiping everything down with ISO, and wiping the ceramic on the bottom (it gets super dirty) - didn't seem to clean it.

I wonder how I can get it back to its new performance again...

sessnet,

marduk

daydreamer
It might help to do a full alcohol soak prior to the boil, like they do in the cleaning video.

marduk,

weedemon

enthusiast
i've only been using mine for one day. I only put in the cleanest crystal clear looking bho though it. I see no buildup going on in there.

it was solid for 3 good hits, could it be that maybe I am out of oil already?

I guess ill load more in tonight and see what happens.

weedemon,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Of course. I always use fresh batteries!

Although, with the Revolution, I don't think I've ran out of batteries before the stuff inside ran out.

sessnet,

mephisto

I believe TV said that was a normal condition. Mine does not glow any longer either.
I have only run 3 sessions on the Rev. and already a noticeable drop in performance.
I always start w/ fresh batts as well. I am sure we will hear from TV about this ....

mephisto,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
sessnet said:

Hey Guys, The crackling and popping is moisture that hasn't made it out, water. The quickest and most effective way to dry it out after a good washing is to throw it in a toaster oven, or similar. That should cease the crackle pops, which are cooling the core.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

chemex

Thank you to everyone who responded to my dry concentrate question. I really appreciate it. I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on the TH. Thanks again. :)

chemex,
Top Bottom