Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
When I cleaned it and tried a .2 of brand spankin new bho in it, i cleaned it with an overnight ISO soak, a boil and an overnight dry (i wasn't really able to use it between those days anyway). so i think I got everything possible out of it by normal means.

the .2 didn't last nearly as long as I would expect from some of the other impressions. only got 2-3 decent hits then it was all absorbed into the ceramic, other than what was on the sides (super viscous and very hard to push down from the sides)

MarcellusWiley,

mephisto

I think the design is for the extract to be completely absorbed into the ceramic. I don't know for certain,
there may be a larger volume of "storage" depending on the technique used to load. Solids sit on top of
the pad and basically just dry/vape out. My oil dissapeared into the pad after I got it good and warmed
up. Got maybe 12 hits , loaded very little . Have not tried more oil, but ABV qwiso melts and vapes very
well in the Rev. FWIW.

I will look toward the official TV answer, since they seem to answer questions almost before we ask them...

mephisto,

OF

Yes, the design calls for the oil to be absorbed into the two ceramic pieces. They are special material with just that in mind. I've watched them being made and asked my usual nosey questions. You can see the center of the top plate through the window. There's also a ring maybe 1/8 inch high under it of the same material. The heater sits in the center of these with the air path up from below through this same area. It's bitty, but powerful, and has to heat the ceramic around it enough to form the vapor. The ceramic is, of course, a good insulator so even though the size is small it can take a while for the outer edges to get to temperature after the closer oil has been vaped away.

TV suggested 4 or 5 drops at a time, more can flood the inside and jam up the air ports below. It can even end up leaking into the switch. If you drop a few drops on top and watch it as it heats several seconds into it you see some action in the surface (I suspect stuff being vaped from inside), suddenly it drains down and the rough surface of the ceramic appears. You can see vapors collect near the surface, but there are lots more inside you need to draw out. If you don't draw them out, they're likely to condense again on a slightly cooler spot inside.

At least that's my understanding of the system.

OF

OF,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Sinclue said:
ThermoVape said:
throw it in a toaster oven,

At what temp/how long?

Just to stay on the safe side I would say 250 deg F and below. Letting it bake at 200 for an hour should get any water out of the core.

Cheers!

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

weedemon

enthusiast
ok i went over used some tools to scrape all the oil off the walls. and it was hitting like a champ again. it' jsut needed more oil to go back into it! problem solved! I loaded more on this time before I left so i will get more than 3 good hits before it runs out again. So I am thinking this is more of a portable nail. with frequent laoding needing to be be done for a lot of use.

anyone know why bho climbs the glass dabber to get away from the heat? the same phenomenon is happening inside the rev chamber. maybe even some capillary action between the window piece and the main core wall. (I watched oil bubble up though it was it was hitting it tonight)

I did notice that the battery life is way better on this than using the TV1 core

weedemon,

Zipsort

weedemon said:
anyone know why bho climbs the glass dabber to get away from the heat? the same phenomenon is happening inside the rev chamber. maybe even some capillary action between the window piece and the main core wall. (I watched oil bubble up though it was it was hitting it tonight)

Thats because butane is attracted to cold temps, and it literally tries to escape from heat.

Zipsort,

OF

Zipsort said:
weedemon said:

Thats because butane is attracted to cold temps, and it literally tries to escape from heat.

'cept there's no butane left in the BHO (if it's done right), right? Even if such action was physically possible, which AFAIK it's not. All the folk sayings like 'nature abhors a vacuum' and 'solder follows the torch' have real explanations. I'm not at all sure about 'famine follows the plow', haven't hung out on farms enough to understand that?

Anyway, what I think might be happening is one of two effects. First, melting the oil might increase it's surface tension making it 'wet' the surface better, basically the same thing that drives capillary action (which is what pulls the oil into the narrow gap between the two halves of the unit). It could also be a rapid evaporating and condensing deal which is how the oil gets spread around inside the unit and 'wand hash' is made.

Maybe?

OF

OF,

weedemon

enthusiast
I think, and hope that OF's reply is the one that is right! but that is an interesting theory zipsort. I have never herd of that explained like that before.

I make my own bho myself, and am self taught (after reading a lot, and learning from you guys and a few other places off the net) so it is possible that I still have some tane trapped in my oil, but I think I can tell when there is an expectorant effect on my lungs... There is an uncomfortable (I need to keep exhaling) feeling when there is still tane in the oil. it also dances like a mofo if you heat it up in the vial when where is still tane in it. I think you can see the difference of how it bubbles if there is tane or not in it. (yes i lose flavor from doing this i know, but it makes it safer for me too right?) I choose safety over flavor when it comes to my body :p

for the oil to re-condense... that is definitely happening! just look at the top of the mouth piece after a decent session!

Increased viscosity would also help explain it climbing the walls because I am sucking on it too.

Thanks for your insight OF! and to Zip for the suggestion!

weedemon,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
got mine today and have tested with some bubble hash. as of this moment, not uber impressed.

IAmKrazy2,

weedemon

enthusiast
IAmKrazy2 said:
got mine today and have tested with some bubble hash. as of this moment, not uber impressed.

what kind of hits did you get man? I used an omi silicone mouthpiece with a mflb whip over it and then slid the omi tip onto the rev mouthpiece surprisingly a perfect fit! this way i can watch the vapor concentration flow and learn the best hitting technique. (i don't do this anymore, but it's a good learning tool!) I am finding a puff puff wait... puff puff wait and repeat is working best to milk it for thickest hits. very very thick vapor can be made this way! also I was afraid to load much into it at first. I laoded in a good 5 drops and it took a little bit to get going, but once it came to life omfg!! :D :ko: :brow:

On another subject: bubble hash... is it full melt? I know you are medicinal so i have no doubt you can get killer shit. I don't mean it like that.

I won't be putting less than pure extracts into mine. ie: nothing that leaves a solid matter behind if i were to put it on my Ti pad. I don't want to clog up the works any more than I have to. I don't plan on putting in kief, or any solid hashes I have unless they are full melts like i mentioned before :)

hope that helps man!

weedemon,

OF

IAmKrazy2 said:

Tough row to hoe. Using 'awkward' hash isn't going to make the learning curve any more friendly. I've done bubble hash, even really cheap stuff, and it does work but it's not trivial to pull off. I stir it after every hit. Once the mass gets hot and sticky it's easy to reach through the window with a toothpick and stir it up so fresh material is in contact with the ceramic top plate. Like you'd do with MFLB. It's going to have to work by conduction, fresh THC filled material has to contact the hot part. Then it works great.

Eventually is cashes out with most of the bulk still there. I fish it out and start again. Kief works as well, but you have to be careful not to have the dust get sucked up until it's safely melted into the mass. Oils and waxes are easier to deal with, load .05 grams or so and get a dozen or so big time hits before adding more. No need to fish the sludge out as there is none.

OF

OF,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I do currently have some good full-melt, no insult taken Weede, i know you're trying to help. Apollo 13 bubble leaves almost no residue for me, so i think it should be perfect. I am just not getting much or any visible vapor. A chunk of bubble got me a bit ripped up (not nearly as much as using other methods), and did bubble up and melt down a little bit, but i just am not seeing visible exhales, although i do get that faint nice bubble taste. Will play with it more, a lot more, in a couple hours. Thinking about stopping by the store for some butane to, and i'll whip up a batch up BHO or ear wax.

IAmKrazy2,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I wish I had started with a good full melt oil, instead of my more solid hashes. It works really well with full melts. I also noticed that my ceramic needed a break in period, getting it saturated with oil seemed to make it function better after I got it going. The first few rounds seemed to just vanish. I am guessing they were absorbed into the ceramic and did not fully vaporize. Now I can load it in, it melts down and I get good hits.

**You want the 700mah batteries, not the 900mah. TV can explain why...

jambandphan03,

OF

Zorro420shouldbefree said:
http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-RCR12...QQ7S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328210161&sr=8-1

Those are the same thing as the included batteries, just slightly larger capacity correct? Or do the LFP really charge many more times (same price)

No, that's not the correct version. It's a different color and lower mAh rating. This is not a simple case of 'bigger is better' as higher capacity batteries often can't give as high a current on demand, and the TV (at 30 Watts) and 'even' Revolution (at 15 Watts) really hammers the batteries. Way past the maker's ratings. Until the word comes down, I'd stick with these guys:

http://www.all-battery.com/rcr123a30v750mahlifepo4rechargeablebattery.aspx

Note they're also rated at a slightly higher nominal voltage (3.2 not 3.0) which can only help.

OF

OF,

gvape

Yeah I posted about batteries, chargers, and cases a while back on the main thread. My only issue is charging the batteries, I still want to be able to charge 4 batteries at once. It might be nice having a bunch of sets of batteries, but it sure is a pain to have to charge 6 sets back up. I have to be a slave over the charger and always make sure to be ready to put the next set in.

gvape,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
IAmKrazy2 said:
I do currently have some good full-melt, no insult taken Weede, i know you're trying to help. Apollo 13 bubble leaves almost no residue for me, so i think it should be perfect. I am just not getting much or any visible vapor. A chunk of bubble got me a bit ripped up (not nearly as much as using other methods), and did bubble up and melt down a little bit, but i just am not seeing visible exhales, although i do get that faint nice bubble taste. Will play with it more, a lot more, in a couple hours. Thinking about stopping by the store for some butane to, and i'll whip up a batch up BHO or ear wax.

I often find that if I puff it sort of like a pipe (imagine saying "PUFF" while inhaling), until I see some vapor going, then from there on it's good!

Some people stop heating it, and let go of the switch, but I usually just keeping going until the clouds keep getting bigger and bigger, and I eventually end up laughing because it's ridiculous the clouds I get off this vape.

When I start laughing at the big clouds, I know it's done it's job :ko:

sessnet,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Bluntcrush said:
And Sess- I loved your comment about knowing when the revolution is working :lol: I had that experience the other night!! We are very lucky people!!

Yeah! My girlfriend (who doesn't partake) would ask me "what are you laughing at"... and it's too hard to explain....

Makes me feel like the dude from Reefer Madness :brow:

sessnet,

mephisto

So I think I solved my flying kief issue w/ the Rev. I had some ABV qwiso that needed a little
something extra.......Then I thought.. How about mixing the kief w/ the qwiso. The qwiso tastes
better, the kief stays put . It works like a champ.....I guess this would be QWIEF?????

mephisto,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
mephisto said:
So I think I solved my flying kief issue w/ the Rev. I had some ABV qwiso that needed a little
something extra.......Then I thought.. How about mixing the kief w/ the qwiso. The qwiso tastes
better, the kief stays put . It works like a champ.....I guess this would be QWIEF?????

I have both so i'll have to give it a try later tonight.

MarcellusWiley,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
jambandphan03 said:
I found this good deal on Amazon for batteries and charger: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EYHO9G/ref=oh_o06_s00_i00_details

Picked one of these sets last week. Under $30 with shipping. I've got 12 batteries and can charge four at once. Now I just need a way or organizing them. The tube is too big to carry easily. TAP Plastics has all sorts of different types of boxes, tubes, etc I'm told.

Sinclue,
Top Bottom